Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her (80342 Views)

Angry Lady Attacks Boyfriend For Leaving Her To Chat With Another Lady / Have You Ever Dated This Kind Of Person? If Not, Try Biko. / SEE!!! This 4 Guys Bang!ng Their G!rls Inside River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by yetseyi(f): 9:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
SirShymexx:

But, er, I'm an Ijebu like you and we're both involved in Pentecostalism...don't worry about other folks, just share ya opinion.

By reducing her to being a mere "vessel" like the Christian doctrine did by replacing her with holy ghost/spirit - don't you think you've taken away the importance of the woman in the trinity, when she ought to be the most important since she supposedly carried the baby for 9 months and went throw the pains and agony of child birth? You see that's why ancient religions that laid the foundation for today's religions emphasised the importance of the woman and they even celebrated the woman more as a God-like figure in the God concept than the man.

However, trinity is a borrowed concept. Christianity borrowed it from ancient religions. So why not keep what you borrowed in its purest state, rather than replace an element of it with something else cos there's a bias against elevating the figure? With what they did, they ended up causing more confusion, thus leading people astray.

If you think the Pope bowing down to the black madonna and her baby is idolatry, what would you say about Christians facing and bowing down to an alter/pulpit with the image of Michelangelo everywhere as Jesus (I'm sure there's an image of a Jesus on the alter/pulpit where you worship and most likely one in ya house)? What about all the Christian holidays, from Christmas, to Easter, etc., which are ancient pagan holidays - would you also call them idolatry?

Anyway, you still haven't disputed my point that the Roman Catholic Church is the purest form of Christianity cos they started the religion and collated the first people. Then the Protestants, which later became the mother/father of almost all denominations broke away from it and King James revised the Bible most people use today (I'm sure ya Pastor also uses the King James Bible). So can an offshoot be better than the pure one?

Okay I am not going to argue about church history again or history of the trinitarian doctrine, not because I agree with you but because we would most likely never find a common ground on the matter.

Now, concerning the issue of images/pagan holidays its mostly orthodox churches that have pictures of Jesus/images at the altar.

Some Anglican churches do have it, its kind of painted in the stained glass used to design the cathedral but you wont find an image with a "shrine" sort of where people kneel to pray in an Anglican church you would see that in a catholic church(Most of my primary education was at a catholic school under a catholic church where we do go for mass and my Dad is still an Anglican while my uni chapel is an Anglican diocese so I have an idea of these things)

You wont see a special alter with an image of Jesus or Mary and a bit of incense where you kind of stand look up and pray by the corner of homes of members of other Orthodox churches but if you are going to find that its in a catholic home (I have seen it before and I was shocked) I get you see the difference now.

My church HQ doesn't have a picture of Jesus at the alter rather a depiction of a scene in the bible with a scriptural verse and of course decor. The branch I attend is pure decor and the pulpit.

In my house not at all just a framed inscription talking about a blessed home.

Christmas holidays is even controversial in some pentecostal churches, well I am sure of two that do not place emphasis on Christmas. My church doesn't celebrate Christmas although that doesn't mean you cant give or receive gifts. The basis is there's no biblical passage to prove Jesus was born dec 25th. Easter is not a pagan holiday.

ignore typos pls
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by SirShymexx: 11:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
yetseyi:

Okay I am not going to argue about church history again or history of the trinitarian doctrine, not because I agree with you but because we would most likely never find a common ground on the matter.

Now, concerning the issue of images/pagan holidays its mostly orthodox churches that have pictures of Jesus/images at the altar.

Some Anglican churches do have it, its kind of painted in the stained glass used to design the cathedral but you wont find an image with a "shrine" sort of where people kneel to pray in an Anglican church you would see that in a catholic church(Most of my primary education was at a catholic school under a catholic church where we do go for mass and my Dad is still an Anglican while my uni chapel is an Anglican diocese so I have an idea of these things)

You wont see a special alter with an image of Jesus or Mary and a bit of incense where you kind of stand look up and pray by the corner of homes of members of other Orthodox churches but if you are going to find that its in a catholic home (I have seen it before and I was shocked) I get you see the difference now.

My church HQ doesn't have a picture of Jesus at the alter rather a depiction of a scene in the bible with a scriptural verse and of course decor. The branch I attend is pure decor and the pulpit.

In my house not at all just a framed inscription talking about a blessed home.

Christmas holidays is even controversial in some pentecostal churches, well I am sure of two that do not place emphasis on Christmas. My church doesn't celebrate Christmas although that doesn't mean you cant give or receive gifts. The basis is there's no biblical passage to prove Jesus was born dec 25th. Easter is not a pagan holiday.

ignore typos pls

But if certain folks started using a formula before others...don't you think those who started at a later date copied those who started it? For example: ancient Greeks started the concept of democracy. So would you say modern democracy is purer than the one practised in ancient Greece?

Do you attend the Anglican Church?

Read this about the origin of Christmas:

Whose Christmas is it anyway?

Saturn was the Roman God of agriculture and plenty, and gift giving symbolised the redistribution of wealth from the rich to the poor during the season of greatest hardship. Big feasts were generally laid on by the rich to feed their poorer neighbours.

The next big ancient festival was the solstice feast of Mithras, the Roman God of light on December 25. This was the one adopted by Christians sometime around the 4th century as the birthday of Jesus. Traditionally, this festival marked the renewal of hope.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/special_report/for_christmas/_new_year/pagan_christmas/37276.stm

And Easter here:

The pagan roots of Easter

Easter is a pagan festival. If Easter isn't really about Jesus, then what is it about? Today, we see a secular culture celebrating the spring equinox, whilst religious culture celebrates the resurrection. However, early Christianity made a pragmatic acceptance of ancient pagan practises, most of which we enjoy today at Easter. The general symbolic story of the death of the son (sun) on a cross (the constellation of the Southern Cross) and his rebirth, overcoming the powers of darkness, was a well worn story in the ancient world. There were plenty of parallel, rival resurrected saviours too.

The Sumerian goddess Inanna, or Ishtar, was hung naked on a stake, and was subsequently resurrected and ascended from the underworld. One of the oldest resurrection myths is Egyptian Horus. Born on 25 December, Horus and his damaged eye became symbols of life and rebirth. Mithras was born on what we now call Christmas day, and his followers celebrated the spring equinox. Even as late as the 4th century AD, the sol invictus, associated with Mithras, was the last great pagan cult the church had to overcome. Dionysus was a divine child, resurrected by his grandmother. Dionysus also brought his mum, Semele, back to life.

All the fun things about Easter are pagan. Bunnies are a leftover from the pagan festival of Eostre, a great northern goddess whose symbol was a rabbit or hare. Exchange of eggs is an ancient custom, celebrated by many cultures. Hot cross buns are very ancient too. In the Old Testament we see the Israelites baking sweet buns for an idol, and religious leaders trying to put a stop to it. The early church clergy also tried to put a stop to sacred cakes being baked at Easter. In the end, in the face of defiant cake-baking pagan women, they gave up and blessed the cake instead.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/apr/03/easter-pagan-symbolism
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by SenatorJames(m): 7:50am On Apr 27, 2016
Maybe this will teach the fornicators and adulterers small lesson,
#Teamvirgintillmarriage.
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by yetseyi(f): 12:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
SirShymexx:

But if certain folks started using a formula before others...don't you think those who started at a later date copied those who started it? For example: ancient Greeks started the concept of democracy. So would you say modern democracy is purer than the one practised in ancient Greece?

Do you attend the Anglican Church?

Read this about the origin of Christmas:

And Easter here:

Now I am assuming your question is for both the trinitarian matter and the catholic discourse.

Its a spiritual thing and not necessarily subject to physical interpretations. To answer your question no I don't think Christianity copied others.

Doing something first /using a method first doesn't mean you are right and besides have you ever thought of it that all those ancient trinitarian doctrines is most likely a corruption of the real trinity-remember we are talking about something in the spiritual. Biblically in the beginning the 3 "exist".

You are looking from the perspective of Christianity starting from the new testament (Acts of the apostles) and some ancient stuffs that may have existed before then(I saw you talking about ancient Egypt some posts before this). I am looking at the whole picture even before there was an Egypt, the three Father Son and Holy spirit "exist". So like I said those ancient trinities are most likely a corruption of the real thing even before there was a visible beginning.

To answer your question again concerning our catholic discourse, Doing something first doesn't mean its the right way. About last year I read some brief church history(I really don't fancy stuffs like that I think its a waste of time). I know you know at sometime normal believers could not access the bible It was what "they" interpreted that people had to accept.

Bowing down to the Madonna image / any other image or saint as the case may be is unscriptural it does not matter if it has been in practise for more than 2,000 years or whenever it has been. Its not about being the first/starting first its about how correct/true it is.

No I dont attend the Anglican church.

Like I said the Christmas is controversial but ermm I am not really going to agree with what you just wrote about easter.
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by SirShymexx: 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2016
yetseyi:

Now I am assuming your question is for both the trinitarian matter and the catholic discourse.

Its a spiritual thing and not necessarily subject to physical interpretations. To answer your question no I don't think Christianity copied others.

Lol. But Christianity is less that 2,500 years old and the Jesus and trinity thing got included in Christianity after the First Council of Nicaea, in 325AD. Thus making it less than 2,000 year in Christianity. Others existed way before that. Check the timeline.

Doing something first /using a method first doesn't mean you are right and besides have you ever thought of it that all those ancient trinitarian doctrines is most likely a corruption of the real trinity-remember we are talking about something in the spiritual. Biblically in the beginning the 3 "exist".

You are looking from the perspective of Christianity starting from the new testament (Acts of the apostles) and some ancient stuffs that may have existed before then(I saw you talking about ancient Egypt some posts before this). I am looking at the whole picture even before there was an Egypt, the three Father Son and Holy spirit "exist". So like I said those ancient trinities are most likely a corruption of the real thing even before there was a visible beginning.

Looool. Ancient Egypt existed thousands of year before Christianity. That's the first known civilisation with religion and a God concept. Timeline again.

To answer your question again concerning our catholic discourse, Doing something first doesn't mean its the right way. About last year I read some brief church history(I really don't fancy stuffs like that I think its a waste of time). I know you know at sometime normal believers could not access the bible It was what "they" interpreted that people had to accept.

Bowing down to the Madonna image / any other image or saint as the case may be is unscriptural it does not matter if it has been in practise for more than 2,000 years or whenever it has been. Its not about being the first/starting first its about how correct/true it is.

Bowing down to black Madonna and her baby, is no different from bowing down to an image of Jesus.

No I dont attend the Anglican church.

Oh, okay.

Like I said the Christmas is controversial but ermm I am not really going to agree with what you just wrote about easter.

Lol. Easter is even easier to agree with cos it changes every year based on constellation and it fit perfectly into the reason why ancient pagans used to set it aside as holiday period. grin

Regardless, not saying you should stop being a Christian - just showing you that there's no true religion and most things Christians talk about aren't real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by yetseyi(f): 5:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
SirShymexx:

Lol. But Christianity is less that 2,500 years old and the Jesus and trinity thing got included in Christianity after the First Council of Nicaea, in 325AD. Thus making it less than 2,000 year in Christianity. Others existed way before that. Check the timeline.

Looool. Ancient Egypt existed thousands of year before Christianity. That's the first known civilisation with religion and a God concept. Timeline again.

Bowing down to black Madonna and her baby, is no different from bowing down to an image of Jesus.

Oh, okay.

Lol. Easter is even easier to agree with cos it changes every year based on constellation and it fit perfectly into the reason why ancient pagans used to set it aside as holiday period. grin

Regardless, not saying you should stop being a Christian - just showing you that there's no true religion and most things Christians talk about aren't real.

Yeah you re right remember I said "In the beginning the 3 "exist" thats even before there was an Egypt. Before Christianity the trinity existed The Father Son and Holy spirit existed before we had a "world" and that includes ancient Egypt but never mind I am talking from a spiritual/faith based perspective. You are still looking at the matter via historical references.

You remember I talked about the changing dates of easter in that other thread they say its the calendar and Easter has a very important significance which I mentioned also in that thread.

Yeah thats my point you should not bow down to images regardless of whose image it is perceived to be its idolatry I was jusy letting you know what I had observed.

Loool,

Wrong, they are so real you just have to believe and yes Jesus is the way and yes christainity is the true way of life its more than just a religion.

P.S why do I feel you just glanced through this particular post, you are making me repeat most of what I said again.
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by sukkot: 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
SirShymexx:

Lol.

Sometimes you don't want to get superstitious but when something keeps repeating itself, along the same pattern, you just have to ask question. One is cool. Two: you pause for a bit and think. Three: you just have to get superstitious. Four: you run for ya life when you see her coming cos something is wrong with the person. It can't be a coincidence four times. This world is very mysterious and science will never be able to explain 1/1000 of things that happen.

Also, when going into a relationship, it is always necessary to press the person about his/her exes, just to check if there is a pattern. Apart from people dying, there are chics out there that kill people's stars and you'll see that all the guys they've been with fell from grace to grass, once they got with them.

Just don't be a victim. I pity the next puppy love clown who will be this chic's next victim. She is definitely a blank death certificate and once you have sex with her, that's certificate signed.

Sukkot: I need ya celestial translation of this one, the big celestial prophet lol. I wanna overstand the celestial way.
bruv i just right now got released from ban ( a week or more i think it was ). you know how it is ? give a black man power and he cant handle his ego grin
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by SirShymexx: 6:59pm On Apr 27, 2016
sukkot:
bruv i just right now got released from ban ( a week or more i think it was ). you know how it is ? give a black man power and he cant handle his ego grin

Looool.

Why they gotta ban the supreme celestial prophets? Muthaphuck these mods and the owner.

I have a stalker that has following me around for months now, these bummy and hungry mods didn't ban the crazy biitch. Yet they get itchy fingers when it is time to ban decent folks lol. Fvck 'em! Lol
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by sukkot: 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
SirShymexx:

Looool.

Why they gotta ban the supreme celestial prophets? Muthaphuck these mods and the owner.

I have a stalker that has following me around for months now, these bummy and hungry mods didn't ban the crazy biitch. Yet they get itchy fingers when it is time to ban decent folks lol. Fvck 'em! Lol
yeah em niggaz is trippin. is saaiiittt though. a nigga is back stompin on deez mean dangerous nairaland streetz. whats good family ? these herdsman whooping some major ass in the SE region. aint that something ? grin
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by SirShymexx: 10:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
sukkot:
yeah em niggaz is trippin. is saaiiittt though. a nigga is back stompin on deez mean dangerous nairaland streetz. whats good family ? these herdsman whooping some major ass in the SE region. aint that something ? grin

Lol. Muthaphuck 'em jobless and broke nyggahs. What type of nyggah would even take a job as a mod on this website, apart from someone who's jobless? Most of them have nothing going for 'em in the real world, hence the little power they've got on here always get into their vacuous heads. Fvck 'em. grin

Eboe nyggahs are the biggest wimps and biitch arse nyggahs ever. These mofos just run their mouths like parrots and beat their chests like gorillas. They've taken more Ls than Meek Mill and Kat Williams combined with Fulani's nutz all over their hairy faces. Yet all they can do is fast and pray, and give useless ultimatums. These people are clowns, I swear down. But what do you expect from nyggahs who wear wrappers and skirts as their traditional clothes? I smell puzzy. grin
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by Nixiepie(f): 6:50pm On Apr 29, 2016
Dongata:

your buddy. eretv
hmmm
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
Nixiepie:
hmmm

Hmmm hmmm
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by Nixiepie(f): 7:29pm On Apr 29, 2016
Dongata:

Hmmm hmmm
lol na u sabi,I wonder hw u used to fish me out
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 30, 2016
Nixiepie:
lol na u sabi,I wonder hw u used to fish me out

Ur picture na. Why ain't u contesting for miss nl?
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by ogmask: 10:09pm On Apr 30, 2016
TedBaker:
if dis babe na naija babe she never jam better airliner wey dey fly in top broom 4 nite.

Wetin konsine Edo for dis one nah.
See you wey WINCH nor dey im place.
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by TedBaker(m): 6:42am On May 01, 2016
ogmask:

Wetin konsine Edo for dis one nah.
See you wey WINCH nor dey im place.
wetin Edo do? I be confam Ososo boi #Edo4life
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by ogmask: 8:46am On May 01, 2016
TedBaker:
wetin Edo do? I be confam Ososo boi #Edo4life

You be confirm Edo boy na u dey post defamatory picture about the binis. You sounded like everyone frm Edo has a foul spirit.
Mind you hat you post. That picture (edo airways) was distasteful and it has no relationship with topic.
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by simababe(f): 8:52am On May 01, 2016
I'm sure she must av fallen of her mother's back when she was small.
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by TedBaker(m): 10:49am On May 01, 2016
ogmask:

You be confirm Edo boy na u dey post defamatory picture about the binis. You sounded like everyone frm Edo has a foul spirit.
Mind you hat you post. That picture (edo airways) was distasteful and it has no relationship with topic.
abeg bro see knife,come and stab meeeeee abeg
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by Nixiepie(f): 4:27pm On May 02, 2016
Dongata:

Ur picture na. Why ain't u contesting for miss nl?
and why should I contest?worwor girls like us can only contest in our villa grin
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 02, 2016
Nixiepie:
and why should I contest?worwor girls like us can only contest in our villa grin

Haba..who worwor don epp..fine gal like you.
U go support my can sha kiss
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by Nixiepie(f): 9:20pm On May 02, 2016
Dongata:

Haba..who worwor don epp..fine gal like you.
U go support my can sha kiss
lol not supporting anyone oo.. I'm not always here
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 02, 2016
Nixiepie:
lol not supporting anyone oo.. I'm not always here

Ok dear.. fine nome wink
Re: 4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her by Enockia(m): 10:37am On Sep 10, 2016
Analysiscorner:

It is not everybody that dates that would die. Som people have more grace than others.

OYA NA MR GRACE MAKE U GO TRY

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

When A Lady Hardly Wears Bra And Goes Around Bra Less She Doesn't Care What You / I Masturbate With COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Pictures - Nigerian Lady / Roman Goddess: "I Am A Luxury, Only Few Can Afford Me" - Lagos Socialite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.