Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,157 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari (25631 Views)

Ex Niger Delta Militant Becomes Police Pilot, Decorated With New Rank. Photos / Buhari Being Decorated With The Rank Of Major-General, 1983 (Throwback Photo) / Why Nigerian Shiites Should Be Allowed To Fully Practice Their Faith — US Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by BetaThings: 8:01pm On Apr 24, 2016
HajimeSaito:
Just out of curiosity, how would a man who is not a product of the Nigerian university system be able to diagnose what its problems are?

You don't need to attend a university to think
There are a lot of unknown Prof of Music
Michael Jackson started singing as a preteen

Most of the guys calling Buhari illiterate and dullard often write amazing grammar

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by methodyk: 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
Dullard, who it took do much packaging before he could present a Primary School leaving Cert, coming to spew thrash!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by hardbody: 8:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
tbaba1234:

He did not attend a 6 week course. He obtained a diploma from the US war college which is equivalent to a masters degree today.

He is one of the famous alumni of that college.

What is your own qualification?

Diploma equivalent to a Masters degree? Perhaps that acquired or procured from your university not mine

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by hardbody: 8:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
BetaThings:

Most of the guys calling Buhari illiterate and dullard often write amazing grammar

...But he is still a dullard nevertheless.....

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by tbaba1234: 8:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
hardbody:

Diploma equivalent to a Masters degree? Perhaps that acquired or procured from your university not mine

The Diploma obtained is today equivalent to a masters degree. The US war college was not issuing Master degrees in 1980.
Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by Teechawa: 8:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
hardbody:

I was wondering how a diploma equates a masters too.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by chikel2000(m): 8:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
queenoflafia:
I thought he was going to blame GEJ again
Sorry pls which lafia. D capital of Nasarawa state?
Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by methodyk: 8:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
methodyk:
Dullard, for whom it took NDA much packaging before he could present a Primary School leaving Cert, coming to spew thrash!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by Teechawa: 8:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
tbaba1234:

The Diploma obtained is today equivalent to a masters degree. The US war college was not issuing Master degrees in 1980.

Can you confirm to us if it issues masters now? Lets use this medium to enlighten ourselves. It cant be equated. It can only add up for some sort of credit maybe towards a bachelors!!!!! That's how courses like this are scored abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by tbaba1234: 8:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
Teechawa:

Can you confirm to us if it issues masters now? Lets use this medium to enlighten ourselves. It cant be equated. It can only add up for some sort of credit maybe towards a bachelors!!!!! That's how courses like this are scored abroad.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2017542_usonbuhari_jpg_jpeg03bcc3209f01e76e1c10898d02650a47
Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by HajimeSaito(m): 8:13pm On Apr 24, 2016
BetaThings:

A leader needs to have the cognitive and intellectual faculties of a scholar. A person may be naturally intelligent but that alone is not enough to equip him to face the challenges of leading a country in the 21st century.

Buhari's main drawing card is his perceived honesty (at least by Nigerian standards), nothing more and nothing less. And while I agree that Goodluck Jonathan's so-called PHD did not reflect in his leadership style, that doesn't mean that we should give up on holding our leaders to high educational standards.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by BetaThings: 8:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
methodyk:
Did OBJ not attend the same '6 week, 3 month' US war College but he still knows d importance of Open University... Ur Dullard simply refused to develop himself. Instead, he stayed with his 150 cows! Rubbish!!!

Obj had written several books before he even became president or even enrolling at NOUN
He went to NOUN for a PhD in Theology

Do you have a PhD?
Danbazzau former COAS and now minister of Interior holds a PhD
Marwa is also an author

The average soldier is better educated and thinks clearer than most noisemakers on Nairaland

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by focus7: 8:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
thesicilian:
Stop telling us what we already know. we want solutions, not a restatement of the problem
you already know right, and why didn't your useless mr legacy the ineffectual buffoon fix it despite his phd qualification. Children of pain and corruption.
Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by Csami(m): 8:18pm On Apr 24, 2016
hardbody:

Diploma is equivalent to masters but it still doesn't change the fact that buhari forged his waec certificate. Even his words and actions show that he has nothing in his head.
Telling Nigerian graduates and undergraduates why Nigerian universities are not properly rated yet he never attended one. He now has a chance to make up for it by sending his daughters to a Nigerian university but refuses.
Watch it, that man's brain will soon die.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by yewawa: 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
Time will tell.......this is my jerusalem and that is my able president ....i will never say a negative word to both....it is well with Nigeria.....Long live President Buhari....Long live Nigeria..Peace
Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by BetaThings: 8:20pm On Apr 24, 2016
HajimeSaito:

A leader needs to have the cognitive and intellectual faculties of a scholar. A person may be naturally intelligent but that alone is not enough to equip him to face the challenges of leading a country in the 21st century.

Buhari's main drawing card is his perceived honesty (at least by Nigerian standards), nothing more and nothing less. And while I agree that Goodluck Jonathan's so-called PHD did not reflect in his leadership style, that doesn't mean that we should give up on holding our leaders to high educational standards.

And education is only achieved in a university?
Even products of our universities avoid serious discussions
Look at this thread

The writer only devoted part of the space to Buhari's speech
He went ahead to analyse the ills f our educational system and made some suggestions

That is too much for the commenters here
They just read the first few lines and start abusing Buhari

There are a lot of people who did not go to the university but read voraciously and will put most of our graduates to shame

Both Babangida and Obasanjo (even before going to NOUN) are more articulate than Jonathan
The Army is a place where training is taken very seriously

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by lekan29ice(m): 8:22pm On Apr 24, 2016
greatiyk4u:
My presido has spoken..........................

The word "illiterate" is most times abused in this forum.

Referring to an accomplished Army General as an illiterate makes me wanna know if the word has a different meaning

Before I forget, he spoke through a professor!
I tire ooo
Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by amforjustice: 8:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
Went to which nda and which war college?
He only went there for six month course so shut up

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by caleb404: 8:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
Drdonzeez:
An educated illiterate spotted. shame on you.

I have WAEC certificate zombie.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by Nusaf: 8:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
sheriff777:
It is people like the dullard who has no certificate made them rank us low period.
And with all ur certificates u cannot make a single correct sentence.
Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by methodyk: 8:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
Will soon die? Or dead already?
Csami:

Diploma is equivalent to masters but it still doesn't change the fact that buhari forged his waec certificate. Even his words and actions show that he has nothing in his head.
Telling Nigerian graduates and undergraduates why Nigerian universities are not properly rated yet he never attended one. He now has a chance to make up for it by sending his daughters to a Nigerian university but refuses.
Watch it, that man's brain will soon die.
Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by focus7: 8:30pm On Apr 24, 2016
doublewisdom:
Wonderful! Unto what is Buhari talking about universities? Did he ever study in one? Wetin concern bicycle and filling station?
Is it not obvious that your hero spent 6yrs and failed to fix the decay in the tertiary institution with his phd qualification. Kids like you seriously don't have a future you are thinking of.
Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by omogin(f): 8:30pm On Apr 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Imagine Buhari talking about universities grin

An illiterate for that matter.

Them tell wines to raise up their hand, Zobo and kunu join raise their hand, Yeye dey smell. grin
Them represent am fear for nor let am use NEPA paper address us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
tbaba1234:

Buhari went to the NDA and the US war college, and finished with a degree equivalent to a masters degree today.

What is your educational qualification?
Help me ask am. I wonder what they would call a nurse that went to nursing school?
Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by Spanner4(m): 8:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
tbaba1234:

Buhari went to the NDA and the US war college, and finished with a degree equivalent to a masters degree today.

Onye gwara gi ihe a I na ekwu?

Nwanne kwu o ihe ima biko
Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by Spanner4(m): 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
tbaba1234:

Onye gwara gi ihe a I na ekwu?

Nwanne kwu o ihe ima biko

Oburu na ogara, ya biko gosi anyi asambodo ya ka anyi niile hu ya
Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by naijacampu(m): 8:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
Buhari is now telling us about university. Going to bed right away, I've heard enough jokes today.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by iniestaitalia(m): 8:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
nobody is even talking abt polytechnics
Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by lawrenceunaa: 8:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
tbaba1234:

Oh yes finished with no certificate grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by hab1612(m): 8:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
Greenback:

awòn nepa bill degree holding illiterates.. grin

Goodluck Johna Johna Abi? Wu had a political PhD in political zoology grin
Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by Nusaf: 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Imagine Buhari talking about universities grin

An illiterate for that matter.

Them tell wines to raise up their hand, Zobo and kunu join raise their hand, Yeye dey smell. grin
This is a classical case of half education being worse than total lack of it. If despite ur literacy, u still don't have the elementary knowledge of public administration, then u are more dangerous than a stark illiterate.
Re: Why Nigerian Universities Rank Low- Buhari by grandstar(m): 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
Make the universities autonomous!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ICPC Declares Shehu Mohammed Wanted / Odu’a Group To Begin Oil Exploration / Brother Of Missing Army Captain Marks His Birthday With Emotional Message. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.