Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG (32470 Views)

Release Nnamdi Kanu Now, Ekweremadu Tells FG, Says He Has No Problem With Buhari / Take A Look At Breakdown Of Buhari Key Appointments So Far From 6 Zones / Look Beyond APC - Ekweremadu Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Clintonpaul: 9:19am On Apr 26, 2016
Mind u he proposed that under Jonathan bt his colleagues didn't support him, now he desires to launch it as a book so it can garner support
Super1Star:

Don't mind the mofo.

The reality of not being in power again has reset his brain.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by betterABIAstate: 9:19am On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:

I am laughing in Jukun.

He played a key role in the independence of Nigeria and who did not? How does that make him a nationalist and others tribalist?

Abeg, tell us better achievement that he the so-called nationalist achieved alone.
stop being subtle, no one will seize to believe respectable elders and notable African leaders on the stance of zik and choose to believe a lowlife Yoruba saddist who have chosen to hate anything that comes out of Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 26, 2016
1. A lot of people calling for zones have forgotten why we have states in the first instance. It was to protect minority rights, and to make governance easier.

2. Regionalism does not guarantee better government. Is it not the same corrupt political elite that would come and rule us.

3. Every time I hear regions, I always hear about how the south will get more oil money. Is it the whole region that gets oil money, or just the oil producing part.?

4. Regionalism will not solve our basic problem, which is reliance on revenue from raw materials, which is not stable because we do not control the price. It would just be the same issue under different name.

5.The old regions worked because we had the right kind of people and we had stable revenue thanks to a guaranteed market for our raw material in the Uk. We do not have that now, our agric and mining are out of date, and oil is not going to reach $50 per barrel again.

6.I am sorry, but Nigeria's problem is awoof money and lack of self reliance. Sort those issues out, and we shall prosper whatever the system.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by saintdennis(m): 9:20am On Apr 26, 2016
jcflex:
Why is he proposing to FG,

He should do the needful, move motion on the floor of the senate.

or is he no more our DSP.

i wonder why people in gov, will be acting as if they are part of the masses and not part of the gov of the day.

That's the funny thing about it... and ignorant people here will be hailing him and even talking about him being presidency material. Lols.

He can start campaigning for regional govt from this moment if he truly believes in it and Is not just looking for relevance like Ben Bruce.

Look @ Britain and the recent 'brexit' campaign or even the referendum (scottish independence) agitation started years ago! that's why I laugh @ biafran agitators asking for referendum by encouraging civil disobedience and forming ipob when they could form a political party and whithin 20-25years they could have enough political clout to force a referendum.

I'll still pick the current structure over regional govt because states like lagos don't néed to be bugged down by states like osun, ekiti.
Every state has comparative advantage but if a governor refuses to key into it, wetin concern others.

I end with 'imagine fayose as governor of the south west region' lmaooo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Super1Star: 9:23am On Apr 26, 2016
betterABIAstate:
stop being subtle, no one will seize to believe respectable elders and notable African leaders on the stance of zik and choose to believe a lowlife Yoruba saddist who have chosen to hate anything that comes out of Igbo.

Is it that hard to tell the world the achievement of your so-called nationalist?

You do not have to resort to abuse, when you have nothing to show or tell the world. Lol.

5 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Super1Star: 9:25am On Apr 26, 2016
Clintonpaul:
Mind u he proposed that under Jonathan bt his colleagues didn't support him, now he desires to launch it as a book so it can garner support

If his own did not listen to him, why should others listen to him?
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Arjeeni: 9:27am On Apr 26, 2016
not only this....
we must as a matter of fact close the two chambers and run true federalism.
The presidential system of government is too expensive for us.
To me if we actually want change, change in system of government is the first thing to come so that all the regions can control their resources and madness of rich become richer and poor become poorer day in and out got to stop for once.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by betterABIAstate: 9:30am On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:

Is it that hard to tell the world the achievement of your so-called nationalist?

You do not have to resort to abuse, when you have nothing to show or tell me world. Lol.
nope, is just like asking me to tell you what moses did for is real or what nelson Mandela did for south Africa.
Your question is very senseless.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by AreaFada2: 9:33am On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:

I am laughing in Jukun.

He played a key role in the independence of Nigeria and who did not? How does that make him a nationalist and others tribalist?

Abeg, tell us better achievement that he the so-called nationalist achieved alone.

Most of those first generation leaders did great things, though they also made their own mistakes. Easy for us to say with hindsight that they did not have.

Zik was a nationalist because he initially had no interest playing politics in the East. In his view, any Nigerian should aspire to political office anywhere in Nigeria. But Nigeria was not (and still not) ripe for that level of nationalism. He only went East when he was prevented from doing so in the West.

Another thing was, he let peace reign by putting Nigeria first. He agreed to be a ceremonial president to allow Balewa form government.

He could have left his party out of government, leaving Balewa to form an unstable minority government. Imagine an unstable govt in a newly independent country. The 1966 coup would have come much earlier.

Even when Okotieh-Eboh was used against him by the British and others to destabilise his party, he let peace reign. Now compare with the internal crisis between the camps of Awo & Akintola and how damaging it was. How the North even used it as an excuse the cage Awo, the brilliant and indefatigable opposition leader.

Overall (rather naively from our current divided and tribalised mind set), he was way too nationalist & optimistic to see that Nigeria would have problems of national unity.

Don't forget the role he played towards end of the civil war to help bring it to an end. Very much at the risk of being forever branded a traitor by his own tribe.

But Awo saw it coming and even boldly said "Nigeria is only a geographical expression". Try to beat that. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Super1Star: 9:36am On Apr 26, 2016
betterABIAstate:
nope, is just like asking me to tell you what moses did for is real or what nelson Mandela did for south Africa.
Your question is very senseless.

Moses solely led his people out of Egypt. Is he a nationalist, maybe Yes.

Mandela was the symbol of South African apartheid struggle. Is he a nationalist, maybe Yes.

Did your nationalist, Zik, single handedly fought Nigeria's independence or was he the symbol of Nigeria independence struggle?

What makes him a nationalist then?

Do more research and tell the world in quantifiable and verifiable terms.

2 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by jcflex(m): 9:40am On Apr 26, 2016
saintdennis:

That's the funny thing about it... and ignorant people here will be hailing him and even talking about him being presidency material. Lols.

He can start campaigning for regional govt from this moment if he truly believes in it and Is not just looking for relevance like Ben Bruce.

Look @ Britain and the recent 'brexit' campaign or even the referendum (scottish independence) agitation started years ago! that's why I laugh @ biafran agitators asking for referendum by encouraging civil disobedience and forming ipob when they could form a political party and whithin 20-25years they could have enough political clout to force a referendum.

I'll still pick the current structure over regional govt because states like lagos don't néed to be bugged down by states like osun, ekiti.
Every state has comparative advantage but if a governor refuses to key into it, wetin concern others.

I end with 'imagine fayose as governor of the south west region' lmaooo.

Bros pls stop that kind imagination.

my village alone, i will fight blue black, which kind useless fayose.

2 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by nasious: 9:41am On Apr 26, 2016
Regionalism is a temporal solution to nigeria but total disintegration will be permanent solution. Its a contraption, never a country.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 26, 2016
AreaFada2:

Most of those first generation leaders did great things, though they also made their own mistakes. Easy for us to say with hindsight that they did not have.

Zik was a nationalist because he initially had no interest playing politics in the East. In his view, any Nigerian should aspire to political office anywhere in Nigeria. But Nigeria was not (and still not) ripe for that level of nationalism. He only went East when he was prevented from doing so in the West.

Another thing was, he let peace reign by putting Nigeria first. He agreed to be a ceremonial president to allow Balewa form government.

He could have left his party out of government, leaving Balewa to form an unstable minority government. Imagine an unstable govt in a newly independent country. The 1966 coup would have come much earlier.

Even when Okotieh-Eboh was used against him by the British and others to destabilise his party, he let peace reign. Now compare with the internal crisis between the camps of Awo & Akintola and how damaging it was. How the North even used it as an excuse the cage Awo, the brilliant and indefatigable opposition leader.

Overall (rather naively from our current divided and tribalised mind set), he was way too nationalist & optimistic to see that Nigeria would have problems of national unity.

But Awo saw it coming and even boldly said "Nigeria is only a geographical expression". Try to beat that. grin cheesy

I have to say awolowo was right. A few years after he said dt the north wanted seccession. A few more years after that the SE wanted seccession. This is 2016 and we are still not ethnically integrated. I think the discontent nigerians have at this point is not even with corruption, its a tribal problem as it has always been. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Babacele: 9:43am On Apr 26, 2016
yemisat:
Mumu Ekwe! Nonsense...You didn't do it for 16 fucking years
abeg ask am o
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by betterABIAstate: 9:43am On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:

Moses solely led his people out of Egypt. Is he a nationalist, maybe Yes.

Mandela was the symbol of South African apartheid struggle. Is he a nationalist, maybe Yes.

Did your nationalist, Zik, single handedly fought Nigeria's independence or was he the symbol of Nigeria independence struggle?

What makes him a nationalist then?

Do more research and tell the world in quantifiable and verifiable terms.
go and read well, you are obviously shallow in this context, azikiwe is more nationalistic than anything that has come out of Nigeria.

I will not engage you in this discourse, you sound naïve.

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Super1Star: 9:46am On Apr 26, 2016
AreaFada2:

Start from who is a nationalist?

Awo was not a nationalist but he was able to form a party and build bridges that won election in the core north and middle belt. You are making me dance galala. Wallahi!!.

Zik was made to become a ceremonial president that drinks tea in the office and check Guard of Honour every morning morning by the British, after successfully arm twisting him by bringing corrupt charges against him. It was a trade off for him not to go to jail.

Charity is meant to begin at home. If you promise me you will buy clothes for me, I must look at the one you are wearing first before I can believe you. What were Zik's achievements?

4 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 26, 2016
anetuno:
When is that my certificate-less friend from daura ever going to write a book? grin
when your certificateful self writes an encyclopaedia
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Super1Star: 9:48am On Apr 26, 2016
betterABIAstate:
go and read well, you are obviously shallow in this context, azikiwe is more nationalistic than anything that has come out of Nigeria.

I will not engage you in this discourse, you sound naïve.

I am shallow and naive and the so called deep and knowledgeable fella finds it extremely difficult to answer one salient question of the naive person.

That says it all.

2 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by betterABIAstate: 9:49am On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:

I am shallow and naive and the so called deep and knowledgeable fella finds it extremely difficult to answer one salient question of the naive person.

That says it all.
Zik is the icon of independence as far as Nigeria is concerned, its not my fault if you don't like it.

1 Like

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by cheruv: 9:50am On Apr 26, 2016
betterABIAstate:
you are kid and you seem to be reading too many Yoruba books. I can remember vividly zik's statement during independence " it doesn't matter who becomes the prime minister, we have host of other capable candidates like awolowo, tafawa balewa etc" all I want is a progressive nation " awolowo on the otherhand was interested in developing southwest, please ask questions before spewing thrash.

Every genuine Nigerian tags zik a true nationalist, awolowo is in the league of ojukwu, the later was just interested in regional development.
No wonder Ojukwu said that awolowo is the best President Nigeria never had cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Super1Star: 9:53am On Apr 26, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Zik is the icon of independence as far as Nigeria is concerned, its not my fault if you don't like it.

It is your view and you are entitled to it.

That does not make it right.

Nyerere was an icon of independence, Mandela was, Mugabe was, Nujoma was, Nkrumah was.

Zik, Awo, Enahoro and Ahmadu Bello etc all combined to achieve the independence.

The only person that is qualified to hold that status in Nigeria is Herbert Macaulay.

5 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by gidgiddy: 9:54am On Apr 26, 2016
freshdude99:

A very foolish man.
NW,NE,NC,SW,SE and SS
What other silly question r u asking omo yoloba?

This your SE,SS,NW,NE are just fictional creations of Military men that have no legal standing. The regions have to be legal and to that, you have to ask the people what region they want to be in.

4 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by solash: 9:54am On Apr 26, 2016
[quote author=OrlandoOwoh post=45049389]
Confederalism can't work. How many countries have you seen that practise it?

Ogbeni relax. It will work perfectly fine and Ekweremmadu is on the right track here.
So forget sentiments.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Vongsama(m): 9:56am On Apr 26, 2016
Babacele:
why didn't Ekweremadu's PDP do it for all their 16 years in power? mtcheeeew...nonsense noise!

Why are u always quick to announce ur illiteracy and ignorance?
Can't someone have an idea overnight? Is it every opinion u hold now, u held since d beginningof ur life? So if he didn't conceive it den he shldnt conceive it again?
Some people r so d.umb they shld be fed to termites
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 26, 2016
I think we need to ask mr ekweremadu what he thinks the new government system should look like. The press should actually interview him and any other like minded people. The more its discussed the better cos not everything dt looks good is actually good.

Will it be like the old system of the early 60's? Why did the coupists kill to change that system? Nzeogwu said he wanted a 'strong centre', Ironsi actualized it. Why? What was their problem wt it? Why did awolowos opposition party feel attacked under that system? Will it be a completely different type of parliament? Or will it still be northerners having a more representative seat and therefore being more powerful again? If dts d case, then what will really change. undecided Some of the players dt were alive in the 60's are still alive today, they should get there input into the discussion before that generation completely dies off.

If the goal of this is disntegration, shouldnt there be a strong centre to transition dt disntegration or do we really think disproportionately stronger regional units, with stronger regional armies or stronger regional resources will effect dt change, without detriment to other smaller regions. Who will put dt kind of trust in other tribes, when u know they can easily attack u to actualize their own disintegration demands?

If the goal of this is not disintegration, then whats the point of further ethnic divisions, why not just federalize the states?

2 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Djbaka(m): 9:57am On Apr 26, 2016
The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians.

We are tribalistic, sentimental about every little thing. We are more interested in the messenger than the message.
We don't care about the sense and wisdom in a message, so far the messenger is not someone who appeals to us, we rubbish and discard it. Talk about throwing away the baby with the bath water.

This man, though of questionable/controversial character (as most people have been implying) has made sense with his proposition, instead of analysing the loopholes and charting the way forward, all I see is ranting and arguments about who first made the proposition, who is the nationalist, who is the tribalist, who is this, who is that.

Fate has brought Nigeria together, we can only channel a way to live together peacefully in it. Enough of blame games. Way forward.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by oduastates: 10:00am On Apr 26, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
1. A lot of people calling for zones have forgotten why we have states in the first instance. It was to protect minority rights, and to make governance easier.

2. Regionalism does not guarantee better government. Is it not the same corrupt political elite that would come and rule us.

3. Every time I hear regions, I always hear about how the south will get more oil money. Is it the whole region that gets oil money, or just the oil producing part.?

4. Regionalism will not solve our basic problem, which is reliance on revenue from raw materials, which is not stable because we do not control the price. It would just be the same issue under different name.

5.The old regions worked because we had the right kind of people and we had stable revenue thanks to a guaranteed market for our raw material in the Uk. We do not have that now, our agric and mining are out of date, and oil is not going to reach $50 per barrel again.

6.I am sorry, but Nigeria's problem is awoof money and lack of self reliance. Sort those issues out, and we shall prosper whatever the system.

Well those minorities can have their own micro states if they cannot live with the bigger states.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Oz4realsss: 10:00am On Apr 26, 2016
anetuno:
When is that my certificate-less friend from daura ever going to write a book? grin
He cannot give what he does not have.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:

It is your view and you are entitled to it.

That does not make it right.

Nyerere was an icon of independence, Mandela was, Mugabe was, Nujoma was, Nkrumah was.

Zik, Awo, Enahoro and Ahmadu Bello etc all combined to achieve the independence.

The only person that is qualified to hold that status in Nigeria is Herbert Macaulay.

Most nigerians dont know herbert macaulays story. Bear wt them. It was never taught in junior history classes. They were teaching us about empires.

2 Likes

Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Oz4realsss: 10:01am On Apr 26, 2016
Babacele:
why didn't Ekweremadu's PDP do it for all their 16 years in power? mtcheeeew...nonsense noise!
But he is still in power
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by rexzqcom(m): 10:02am On Apr 26, 2016
mars123:
Buhari should make that plan B incase his plans to change Nigeria doesn't work.

Regionalism is the "Real Change" Nigeria need.
Every other change is cosmetic tinkering.
The national foundation must return to pre-independence to 1966 structures to maximize the productive capacity of the country.
Re: Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG by Krismart(m): 10:04am On Apr 26, 2016
Super1Star:

You think everybody is fatherless like you or everybody has a father that did not amount to anything in life like yours.

My father is a successful cardiologist.
Everybody knows and is hearing of Ekweremmadu, how come we never hear of ur father(cardiologist)?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Drama In Kogi Police Command As Incoming CP Flee Without Taking Over / 'NNPC Gave John Momoh, Channels TV N19 Billion To Promote Buhari' - Leadersng / Lawmakers Secretly Gathering Signatures To Impeach Buhari - Kazaure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.