Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Who Is Really A Prostitute? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Is Really A Prostitute? (867 Views)

Photo Of The Native Doctor Who Died In Imo While Having Sex With A Prostitute / I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is A Prostitute / My Friend Brought A Prostitute To My House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Really A Prostitute? by Enebelij: 7:21am On Apr 27, 2016
Who is really a prostitute?

Whenever we hear the word, "prostitutes, " our minds go to those young ladies and of course guys who stand at strategic and vantage locations looking for clients for 'a night stand. ' Often times, society treat them with utmost disdain and derogation. Many see them as society misfits and devils' incarnate, to mention but a few. However, we need to tell ourselves the plain truth by admitting that prostitution goes beyond standing on the highways and trading one's body for money.

As far as you go down with someone in exchange for material things, you are not different from the commercial sex workers on the streets. When you yield to someone's sexual demands in order to gain a favour from the fellow, you are prostituting. It doesn't matter where the act takes place( whether hotel, motel, home,church, shrine, market, bush etc).

These days, sex is used by a lot of people to attain every single height in the society. Employees are laid by bosses in exchange for quick and unmerited promotions/favours, employments are given to those who are ready to play ball, lecturers and students go down in exchange for grades, landlords harbour tenants who don't pay a dime to them in exchange for sex, the list is endless. With these, what gives one the moral right to condemn the commercial sex workers?

While I condemn prostitution in its entirety, in any form or by any means, we need to do a reality check. Ignoring this aspect of our lives is high level of pretex. If you have ever traded sex for any material thing, then u have prostituted. Thus, you need contrition.

Being in a relationship is not employment; or an avenue to eke out a living. A person that has integrity would not turn to a 'romantic beggar and trickster' just because his or her partner is willing to spend the cash.

More often than not, things gotten out of prostitution do not last. That is why a lot of commercial sex workers still don't live the kind of lives that they anticipated before venturing into that.

What shall we say about some parents whose daughters in the universities send them money regularly, without them asking its source? Shouldn't it be the other way round? Remember, if you consume stolen goods knowingly or unknowingly, you are a thief. Thus if you benefit from prostitution, directly or indirectly, you are one!

Prostitution seems to thrive, and that has contributed to the high level of laziness among our youths; no one wants to work hard anymore. They are always fast to blame the government for their plight.

That notwithstanding, we still have very responsible and hardworking people in our society, though they are in the minority.

Remember that prostitution is a sin that runs down a nation and a person, and no religion supports it. What we need is reality check as well as being forthright. That will pay us better.
Chukwudi Anagbogu ( 08063305177 )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Really A Prostitute? by Vinshu(f): 7:36am On Apr 27, 2016
I think prostitution should be made legal.
Re: Who Is Really A Prostitute? by sinaj(f): 7:40am On Apr 27, 2016
Wots up wid d fone number na
Re: Who Is Really A Prostitute? by Fmartin(m): 8:07am On Apr 27, 2016
Vinshu:
when developed countries like France ar abolishing prostitution, someone here think it should be legalized.......

What a thought.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Really A Prostitute? by Fmartin(m): 8:09am On Apr 27, 2016
sinaj:
Wots up wid d fone number na
say make u halla him....... :x

grin
Re: Who Is Really A Prostitute? by AfroKnight: 8:12am On Apr 27, 2016
Hmmmm. Interesting read.

I laugh when runs girls take offence if someone calls them prostitutes. Money for hand, back for ground. That is the first law of prostitution. Any babe or girlfrend that upholds this "tenet" should please tell us how and why she is not a prostitute.
Re: Who Is Really A Prostitute? by feldido(m): 8:51am On Apr 27, 2016
That means Every Nigerian Girl dating is a prostitute, disprove me grin
Re: Who Is Really A Prostitute? by Vinshu(f): 9:13am On Apr 27, 2016
Fmartin:
when developed countries like France ar abolishing prostitution, someone here think it should be legalized.......

What a thought.

It's legal in Brazil.
Legal in USA
Legal in my country (Ukraine)
Legal in Italy
Legal in Colombia
Legal in Germany

So?
Re: Who Is Really A Prostitute? by 4C2215131: 9:28am On Apr 27, 2016
Vinshu:

Simple!

Like it was in Elizabethan time. Consorts were the other of the day.
Re: Who Is Really A Prostitute? by IshiBANmore: 9:31am On Apr 27, 2016
A prostitute is one who bleeps and expects to get paid
Re: Who Is Really A Prostitute? by Burgerlomo: 9:33am On Apr 27, 2016
Vinshu:

It's legal in Brazil.
Legal in USA
Legal in Italy
Legal in Colombia
Legal in Germany

So?

It's only legal in 8 Counties in Nevada, USA and these brothels are in rural areas. So, any act of prostitution outside these Counties are considered illegal in the same Nevada. So, this means that prostitution is not legal in all part of USA period
Re: Who Is Really A Prostitute? by adaksbullet: 9:36am On Apr 27, 2016
Mmmmmm am seen sence in whot op his say, prostition his bad too our society curse our ladys his become lazy alway do aristoo...me I we neva carry a aristo in jesus name
Re: Who Is Really A Prostitute? by Vinshu(f): 10:52am On Apr 27, 2016
Burgerlomo:

It's only legal in 8 Counties in Nevada, USA and these brothels are in rural areas. So, any act of prostitution outside these Counties are considered illegal in the same Nevada. So, this means that prostitution is not legal in all part of USA period

You ignored the other countries i listed. Is USA the world? undecided Its illegal there doesn't make it illegal elsewhere. Developed countries have it legal. So even if USA is against, others are for it. Period.
Re: Who Is Really A Prostitute? by Fmartin(m): 11:02am On Apr 27, 2016
Vinshu:

It's legal in Brazil.
Legal in USA
Legal in Italy
Legal in Colombia
Legal in Germany

So?

in my country (Nigeria), we ar nt gonna legalize it...

Let them girls marry, polygamy is legal. Period

(1) (Reply)

When A Girl Has Too Many Guys In Her Life / Letter To My Fellow Dudes / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.