Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola (28287 Views)

Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 / Children Are Fearless, They Saw Me And Started Calling “atiku” - Former VP / Our Children Are Turning Into Prostitutes, We Are Suffering, Tell PMB -Lagosian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by holluwai(m): 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
Fashila really?
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
It's none of our business. Just fulfill your promises

3 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by nurez305(m): 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
k
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by charles316: 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
Isn't this the guy they said is the best governor in Nigeria? Well,he is . He was simply a one eyed man in the land of the blind. Governor of a rich state like Lagos ought to have done more than he did.

He was criticizing the last government and boosting that he would do better. Now,he has simply crippled the power sector .

3 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by maduxs: 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
Are they suffering from it in America where they are?

2 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by kcnwaigbo: 12:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
omohayek:
What are all those criticizing Fashola expecting? Do you really imagine that contractual and infrastructural problems of long-standing can be magically resolved by any minister in the space of a few months, especially when the minister doesn't even yet have an augmented budget to work with?

Anybody who expects Nigeria's power situation to drastically improve overnight is living in a dream world. Suppliers are still not free to set their tariffs at true market rates, pipeline vandalism is ongoing and will likely be worsened by Buhari's policies, and there is nothing Fashola can legally do to force the courts to hurry up and decide contractual disputes between fuel suppliers, the discos, the gencos and PHCN. The problem with power in Nigeria has nothing to do with engineering and everything to do with economics/politics.

was it not fashola who used his own mouth to say he can solve the power challenges in six months?

6 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by rita25(f): 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
FASH BABA U FALL MY HAND I REALLY HAD HOPE ON YOU BUT YOU FALL MU GAWDAM HEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UR CHILDREN KO? YOUR ANCESTORS NI.....................................WHO U EPP?

4 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by tonylaw07(m): 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
Fashola it would have been better if you kept quiet cause the Devil himself knows you are telling lies.

8 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by three: 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hmmm

With antecedents like these (Wastewater plant still not completed till date barely 40% work on site after 2 and a half years for an 18 month contract)

and with unnecessary lies that previous government did not provide counterpart funding for rail projects (letters shown below) it is no wonder there has been no real progress

and finally by his own admission Fasholai still has 2-3 more months to go till uninterrupted power

http://independentnig.com/wp-content/cache/page_enhanced/dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/can-provide-stable-power-eight-months-fashola-boasts/_index.html_gzip

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by udosoft(m): 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
How can one entity handle a sensitive ministry like power, works and housing?
what is wrong with our dear politicians?

1 Like

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by jaybee3(m): 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
grin They just don't know what to say on air, they just go about spewing thrash undecided

You go around spewing thrash without proffering any meaningful solutions.

How do you expect the turbines to generate electricity without having adequate gas to kick-start the thermal process?
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by tempest02: 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2016
Mr rocket scientist...6 months don pass oh....make we h give you another six months after them don pass budget...make we see as a dey be.

1 Like

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by maxzzo1(m): 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2016
Liar, you that run generator 24/7
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by tsdarkside(m): 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2016
if you didnt build all your plants too far away from the gas sources,the problem would not be sooo bad....
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by kazyhm(m): 12:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
I know fashola too well
he only know how to spend money

2 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by TANTUMERGO007(m): 12:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
jaybee3:

You go around spewing thrash without proffering any meaningful solutions.

How do you expect the turbines to generate electricity without having adequate gas to kick-start the thermal process?
I be minister?

4 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by 0ubenji(m): 12:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
247frolicboss:
Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, says his children are also facing the effects of the poor electricity supply presently being experienced in the country. He said they suffer from heat rashes, sweat a lot and also wonder what exactly he, as the minister in charge of power, is doing about the electricity challenge.

Fashola said this while speaking on Channels TV yesterday

"It's a very hot season of the year. I see my children too sweating, having heat rash and they look at me like what are you doing about this thing. Let me be very clear, this problem can be solved. It needs detailed and methodical approach. First work to do is to supply more gas because without gas, I am like a generator owner who can't get fuel, so I can't power my plants. There are errors of planning of yesterday but they are errors that can be corrected"he said.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/04/poor-electricity-supply-my-children-are.html
Eheeeeen..!!!
Which of em plz?

The ones abroad or the ones under constant power supply @ banana island?

3 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Lordbinsmar: 12:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
omohayek:
What are all those criticizing Fashola expecting? Do you really imagine that contractual and infrastructural problems of long-standing can be magically resolved by any minister in the space of a few months, especially when the minister doesn't even yet have an augmented budget to work with?

Anybody who expects Nigeria's power situation to drastically improve overnight is living in a dream world. Suppliers are still not free to set their tariffs at true market rates, pipeline vandalism is ongoing and will likely be worsened by Buhari's policies, and there is nothing Fashola can legally do to force the courts to hurry up and decide contractual disputes between fuel suppliers, the discos, the gencos and PHCN. The problem with power in Nigeria has nothing to do with engineering and everything to do with economics/politics.
Baba you be big Fool.you self dey believe the rubbish the man dey talk.

5 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by HaneefahRN(f): 12:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
This is super story o
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by tsdarkside(m): 12:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
TippyTop:
At last here comes the Honourable Minister of Darkness.

for were??..

the darkforce dont want am....solong he doesnt solve this..power 24/7,or else get lost...... angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by rawtouch: 12:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
toh

1 Like

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by 2ts: 1:00pm On Apr 27, 2016
I believe in God, i trust BRF.
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by tempest02: 1:00pm On Apr 27, 2016
ooshinibos:
very funny , an oil producing nation that cannot supply itself Gas to power its own electricity .... you are a disgrace all of you

I shudder when I think of it. With the billions of gas reserves we have, the solar, the hydro, the coal, the uranium, we cannot be self sufficient in power generation.

If we don't have the expertise what stops a technical service agreement with transfer of expertise?

We need to go back to the drawing table.

1 Like

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by VaVavoom1: 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2016
How?
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by babyoy(f): 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2016
Instead of criticising Fashola, why don't we suggest some solutions.
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by charles316: 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2016
udosoft:
How can one entity handle a sensitive ministry like power, works and housing?

Story. When he was appointed, you lots were saying that he is a Superman. Oya,let he prove that he is more than a toothless minister.
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Phemostiga(m): 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
Iro ni jare
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by three: 1:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
More lies from Fasholai

In his "Buhari's Foreign Trips-my Takeaways" he claimed most unnecessarily (and childishly albeit apologies to children) that the Nigerian President "used to be on the last row" (sic)

ehm....NOT CORRECT

3 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by MrUntouchable(m): 1:07pm On Apr 27, 2016
omohayek:

Wetin this one dey talk?? undecided >:

2 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
You were all hailing Fashola for doing nothing special, Anybody who had the resources Lagos had would look good compared to other states with meagre resources, now that he actually has to use his brain to solve problems, he is being exposed for the fraud that he is.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by jaybee3(m): 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

I be minister?

You are a resident critic without any technical grounding/depth
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Splinz(m): 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
Oh really, sir? You mean they sweat like profusely? Hmm, so steady power supply have all of a sudden become rocket science to you. Your father!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ajimobi Fights Head To Head With Tegbe, Adelabu For 1 Ministerial Appointment / Osinowo: Senators Pay Condolence Visit To APC National Leader, Tinubu / 2019 Elections: PDP Will Win - The Economist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.