Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola (28298 Views)

Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 / Children Are Fearless, They Saw Me And Started Calling “atiku” - Former VP / Our Children Are Turning Into Prostitutes, We Are Suffering, Tell PMB -Lagosian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by omohayek: 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

But you all hailed buhari when power supply was optimum in the first three months. Exactly what did buhari do in three months to keep your coke iced at that time?

Kindly point out where I have ever "hailed" Buhari for anything whatsoever - go ahead, I'll be waiting!

That's the problem with you partisan hacks: you simply can't grasp that one can actually defend some members of a party while actually being highly critical of others. Believe it or not, most people are not members of either the APC or the PDP, even in Nigeria!
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by doskie(m): 9:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
liar!

but wait oh! I just moved to victoria garden city about a month ago and im like woooowww..... The light situation here is just like jand. more surprising us the fact that its normal charges with prepaid meter. and the family that left the house loaded it with credit. even the water flows like im in sunset boulevard. guess what osibanjo abi watin dem dey call am lives close by. so tomorrow if he comes out to say the light situation in Nigeria is good. make nobody suprise ohhh.

1 Like

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by ooshinibos: 9:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
tempest02:

I shudder when I think of it. With the billions of gas reserves we have, the solar, the hydro, the coal, the uranium, we cannot be self sufficient in power generation.

If we don't have the expertise what stops a technical service agreement with transfer of expertise?

We need to go back to the drawing table.

I more than shudder tempest02 , there is just no more excuse anymore ( we cannot even blame corruption anymore ) , we have failed the black race and God ..................and that's why we will never be respected in the world ..as you said , there is solar ( which our leaders fail to tap into ) , hydro , coal ,gas ,oil ...something is definitely wrong some where and its not the devil or God .. I think an average Nigerian does not want electricity , its mind confusing , even countries in war zone and those without crude oil and gas have electricity .
the only was to solve this problem is to hand over the electricity infrastructure provider to a foreign company , it is quite obvious those in charge then and now don't have a clue ( let the morons in Govt contact UAE ) , we have the raw materials we just don't know how to distribute it , its a shame ,we are in 2016..and an oil producing country can only produce 3000 MW for 150 million people ? , there is just no excuse anymore ..and we cannot blame the oyibos anymore ...we should cover our eyes in shame and cry like a lost baby in the desert ,,,,,, it defies logic and explanation

2 Likes

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by omohayek: 9:50pm On Apr 27, 2016
Reference:

Hahaha.....na now una know....what else have you guys discovered eh......slow, slow, slow Nigerians...

Again, who are these mysterious "you" with whom you're including me? Because I am hardly a supporter of either the APC or the PDP - all one has to do is look at my comment history to discover as much.

If you have nothing of substance to add to a discussion, you might consider refraining from saying anything at all.
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by ooshinibos: 10:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
ooshinibos:

I more than shudder tempest02 , there is just no more excuse anymore ( we cannot even blame corruption anymore ) , we have failed the black race and God ..................and that's why we will never be respected in the world ..as you said , there is solar ( which our leaders fail to tap into ) , hydro , coal ,gas ,oil ...something is definitely wrong some where and its not the devil or God .. I think an average Nigerian does not want electricity , its mind confusing , even countries in war zone and those without crude oil and gas have electricity .
the only was to solve this problem is to hand over the electricity infrastructure provider to a foreign company , it is quite obvious those in charge then and now don't have a clue ( let the morons in Govt contact UAE ) , we have the raw materials we just don't know how to distribute it , its a shame ,we are in 2016..and an oil producing country can only produce 3000 MW for 150 million people ? , there is just no excuse anymore ..and we cannot blame the oyibos anymore ...we should cover our eyes in shame and cry like a lost baby in the desert ,,,,,, it defies logic and explanation

its not even a laughing matter anymore ..we should be mourning at this stage , the 2nd largest producer of oil and we are experiencing fuel scarcity and lack of electricity ? , the ants and the bush men of the amazon forest would have done a better job than Nigerians and their leaders
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by andycom(m): 10:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

1) Even a local government chairman runs his house on 24 hours generator if there's no light all day.. Please keep this lies for your Zombie followers grin grin grin

2) Errors of yesterday? And the blame game continues. A Party with no developmental plans for the country has no option than to feed the gullible with lies. cheesy grin tongue tongue

I Hope Nigerians are enjoying the sweet change they asked for. tongue tongue tongue

We miss you GEJ embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Rochas embarassed

Well said, let the blame game continue. have you blamed someone today? I just did. I blame Jonathan for Bayern Munich losing today
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Amitex(m): 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
Haba, Babatundarkness FashoLai, there is God ooo! grin
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 27, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

And a learned somebody like you expect a solution in power sector which requires gigantic amount even when a budget has not been approved nor implemented?
A learned person like Fashola knows that 6 months alone wouldn't be enough to solve power problem. That man is such an hypocrite
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 27, 2016
wink2015:
The way forward for Nigeria is for the federal government of Nigeria including the states government in Nigeria to engage foreign expertise in the production of electricity in Nigeria.

Jonathan and Obasanjo sold our defunct NEPA to pdp cronies and this people like the technical expertise to generate power they were given that opportunity based on political gratification.

What stop Nigeria from seeking help from China or South Africa in the area of electricity generation and distribution in Nigeria.
Seeking help from china or any foreign isn't the problem but allow each states to generate is the issue. You expect Lagos,Delta, Enugu gencos to feed the whole nation. Delta state alone has 3 generating stations feeding west, east and southern part of Nigeria whereas they are in darkness. That's the reason state government are reluntant to step up more generating stations because it goes to the national grid
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by ERCROSS(m): 12:22am On Apr 28, 2016
omohayek:
What are all those criticizing Fashola expecting? Do you really imagine that contractual and infrastructural problems of long-standing can be magically resolved by any minister in the space of a few months, especially when the minister doesn't even yet have an augmented budget to work with?

Anybody who expects Nigeria's power situation to drastically improve overnight is living in a dream world. Suppliers are still not free to set their tariffs at true market rates, pipeline vandalism is ongoing and will likely be worsened by Buhari's policies, and there is nothing Fashola can legally do to force the courts to hurry up and decide contractual disputes between fuel suppliers, the discos, the gencos and PHCN. The problem with power in Nigeria has nothing to do with engineering and everything to do with economics/politics.

broh don't mind dem jare
we youths are never really patient...
can u imagine dem saying dey missed GEJ like there was 24 hrs light during his time as d President...
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by ReorxTohGan(m): 3:05am On Apr 28, 2016
e Remain Smal ah for bliv this man sha!!...#LienusFashola
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by fm7070: 8:28am On Apr 28, 2016
biggest lie of the century.
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by mapet: 9:16am On Apr 28, 2016
tsdarkside:

if you didnt build all your plants too far away from the gas sources,the problem would not be sooo bad....

Kaduna Refinery our largest capacity is another classic case. The refinery is so far away from the source of Crude that the cost of building pipeline to the refinery from Escravos, Forcadoes et al, is about the same with the cost of building the refinery.

1 Like

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Amanwulu1(m): 9:26am On Apr 28, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
u wil not read but rush to comment, in a simple analysis, the minister of light said it was the error of the past that gave darkness, but now the light wil come by correcting the past error
And u believe him? Smh.
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Amanwulu1(m): 9:29am On Apr 28, 2016
Segadem:
[size=14pt]Hmmmmm, I know this man for his integrity before he was made minister of power, works & housing but it's like Lai Muhammed has injected him with his virus[/size]
depends on ur understanding of d word integrity.
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by wanimo: 10:34am On Apr 28, 2016
247frolicboss:
Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, says his children are also facing the effects of the poor electricity supply presently being experienced in the country. He said they suffer from heat rashes, sweat a lot and also wonder what exactly he, as the minister in charge of power, is doing about the electricity challenge.

Fashola said this while speaking on Channels TV yesterday

"It's a very hot season of the year. I see my children too sweating, having heat rash and they look at me like what are you doing about this thing. Let me be very clear, this problem can be solved. It needs detailed and methodical approach. First work to do is to supply more gas because without gas, I am like a generator owner who can't get fuel, so I can't power my plants. There are errors of planning of yesterday but they are errors that can be corrected"he said.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/04/poor-electricity-supply-my-children-are.html
maybe there was no fuel to power your I pass my neighbor Mr Minister of Darkness.
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by santafe(m): 11:16am On Apr 28, 2016
in my opinion, Fashola shouldn't have accepted that position. More like being set up to fail. But, maybe his six months braggadocio statement got him the problematic position. More like appointing an accountant as Minister of health.
He has now become the first Person in NIgerian history with the title " minister of darkness" SMH
He should have just gone to senate jeje. That's the laziest job in Nigeria where you can earn good money for doing nada
Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Darayola(m): 11:18am On Apr 28, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Foolish Fashola... I couldn't help but laugh while perusing this hilarious statement. Was it not this same scammer who said "A responsible government can provide 24 hours electricity in six months"??. It's now time to provide the aforementioned, and they are giving us excuses rather, All of a sudden, Governance is now rocket science.

Until the budget is passed and Signed by the president, Their is absolutely nothing he can do.

1 Like

Re: Poor Electricity Supply: My Children Are Also Suffering The Effects- Fashola by Gboliwe: 4:16am On Apr 30, 2016
Darayola:

Until the budget is passed and Signed by the president, Their is absolutely nothing he can do.

What happened to the budget that was signed and passed April 2015?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Faces Of Governor Godwin Obaseki's Appointees / My Experience At INEC Office Today / Reps speakership: 195 members-elect adopt Bago - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.