Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks (55687 Views)

Buhari’s Photo With APC Governors In London Is Old And Fake – FFK / Soldiers Arrive Taraba Over Attacks On Fulanis By Militia Group (Photos) / President Buhari Meets With Ministers And Governors In Aso Rock (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks by 989900B: 5:40am On Apr 28, 2016
eyeview:
What I had expected the south east governors to do was this:
Convey an emergency meeting and at the end issue a communique banning all forms of normadic activity till further notice. Any herd seen grazing anywhere in the east will be treated as a breach of the order and thus criminal. This order will subsist until the presidency comes up with a clear direction on how to curb this menance.
But if the body language and actions of of the president clearly shows that he is sympathetic to his fulani kinsmen over the lives of their people,then it will leave the people with no other option than these two:
1,The re-emergence of Ethnic militia like the well fortified bakassi boys.
2,The aguleri/umuleri clash approach were 'industrious' sons of the communities started setting aside a portion of their earnings for the purchase of sophisticated firearms for their land's defence by the youths 'at home'

GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks by franklin000(m): 5:54am On Apr 28, 2016
I want to see how lai Mohammed will blame Jonathan on this
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks by longayink: 7:19am On Apr 28, 2016
otukpo:
This is boko haram in disguise.
The dismantling of military check points by this adminisration led to the spread to all parts of the country.

The easterners should team up, take up arms and defend themselves.

The governors should not wait for the travelling president who does not care for the citizens but money.

You got the truth in the gist - Boko Haram fighters have crossed the line to the southwest and south east.

What does Fulani cattle wanderers gain by doing this mayhem in Enugu state?

People should expect more. Islamization of all of Nigeria is the objective of the attacks to cow the easterners to submission.

Whoever believes that President Buhari shall be willing to stop the attackers must be joking, given Buhari's well-known approach to issues of Islam and Nigeria.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks by longayink: 7:20am On Apr 28, 2016
Traveling to Abuja to meet with President Buhari is mere display of shadow-boxing.

A Barack Obama as president of Nigeria should have been paying condolences to Enugu state people before now.

The East need a selfless leader like Ikemba Ojukwu now.

Some of these Igbo governors wouldn't give a shiiit if half of Igbo population is killed by Boko Haram, once northern politicians promise them the presidency of Nigeria in future.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks by charlesucheh(m): 7:43am On Apr 28, 2016
lalasticlala:

http://newtelegraphonline.com/seast-govs-storm-abuja-fulani-herdsmen-attacks/
Who's managing conflict That's BOOsit!!! There's nothing like people managing conflict in Nigeria abeg! A military action should be taken and I feel BABA PMB needs to act now! No sentiments attached! Any Fulani cow with guns should be shot on sight period!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks by BeardedMeat(m): 8:15am On Apr 28, 2016
Excuzeme:

Stop foaming from both sides of your mouth, it does not make you appear more intelligent than a toad on heat!

I did not want to use a particular word we use to describe Boko haram since the Mod on this section of NL has put me on speed-dial, for BAN! grin grin

If you read that part of my comment again, you will see how l used figure of speech to illustrate how wrong it is, to categorise these Murderers as mere "Herdsmen" since if that were to be the case, one should not find it difficult to see Cattle/Cows in places were there are herdsmen.

So, if Herdsmen attack, we are working on the presumption that they were rearing their cattle in that area and as such, we should be able to see, at least some few cattles, to show that these murderers are truly "Cattle rearers" or "herdsmen".

BTW: 'Herd' is another word for a group of Cows.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks by Malawian(m): 11:54am On Apr 28, 2016
eyeview:
What I had expected the south east governors to do was this:
Convey an emergency meeting and at the end issue a communique banning all forms of normadic activity till further notice. Any herd seen grazing anywhere in the east will be treated as a breach of the order and thus criminal. This order will subsist until the presidency comes up with a clear direction on how to curb this menance.
But if the body language and actions of of the president clearly shows that he is sympathetic to his fulani kinsmen over the lives of their people,then it will leave the people with no other option than these two:
1,The re-emergence of Ethnic militia like the well fortified bakassi boys.
2,The aguleri/umuleri clash approach were 'industrious' sons of the communities started setting aside a portion of their earnings for the purchase of sophisticated firearms for their land's defence by the youths 'at home'
who is going to enforce the communique? the same security agents that takes orders from abuja?
abeg the only solution is to control all the cultist in those higher institution there and mobilize them cool cool cool cool
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks by Yyeske(m): 2:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
sweatlana:

He has a point. Why is willy not at that meeting?
I'm not igbo so I don't know what issues he has with his counterparts
Were the governors supposed to be in Abuja when the IGP is right there in Enugu?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Wike Links Opobo Kingdom By Road, After 150 Years / Wike's Supporters Wear Tinubu's Logo With PDP Colors In Rivers (Pictures) / Governor Makinde Printed Exercise Books Without His Party Or His Picture On It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.