Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu (32348 Views)

Hausa/fulani Is Far Richer Than Igbo In Nigeria / Our Children Are Turning Into Prostitutes, We Are Suffering, Tell PMB -Lagosian / Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Karanka: 9:25am On Apr 29, 2016
islandmoon:
I visited Enugu in Igboland and the city is fine, most of them brag about staying in Lagos Yoruba Land but they hate the yoruba who is hosting them in Lagos Yoruba Land, if you go to Port Harcourt,Ijaw Land you will see them shouting Our land!! Our land!! Our Land, everything is done and shared them
, I wonder why none of them is claiming zungeru or Calabar which are the first capital cities in Nigeria, why Lagos , Yorubaland? Why not Abuja the present FCT?

Well, we will teach your kids Yoruba in our schools, when we finally have The Great Odua nation, our official Language will be YORUBA, so start teaching kids Yoruba cultural
From your post,one can easily deduce you're not up to 20yrs. It would be very shameful if you're up to 20yrs and you're spewing this kind of thrash. What kind of information do they feed you guys with? Go to Enohia in Afikpo Ebonyi state and you'll see a huge community of Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba living there for decades,yet you don't see the indigenes there carrying placards and whining online that they want to claim their land. And this is not just peculiar to Ebonyi state; it's obtained almost everywhere in SE. You don't see Igbos hyperventilating and issuing threats everywhere over that. I don't know how many times i'll have to say this to folks like you,or must your heads be literally opened and the right info downloaded? Igbos don't and never claim Lagos. Lagos is like a melting point for all Nigerians given her status,location etc. When people say Lagos is a no-man's land,what they mean is just what i explained above. Read the right books,listen to the right people,travel and mingle with people; that way,you'll learn more.

4 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by haul: 9:26am On Apr 29, 2016
Born2Breed:
This made me remember a crises in a CDA(community development association) meeting somewhere on lagos, where some pple insisted on speaking yoruba only and others started using their language to respond too. D chairman has to bury his tail in his ass by reverting to English n members can use any language they deem fit. Lagosian is an expression just like pitakwa,waffarian,b-side,Jos and Kay town. U dnt need to b a particular tribe to b a lagosian. D only indigenous pple of Lagos are aworis,ijebus n egun. An ibadan man,nupe n Owerri man has equal rights to claim lagosians,that Provincial mentality of u welcomed me coz u are a gud host is all b.llsh.it. D last time I checked I paid 15million for that piece of land, y u nor dash me?. If na ur papa get am? Come n take it!

Read the land use act madam, those lands have a period of usage, after those years they expire, the government of the state can retrieve it madam.

NB: I get your point clearly ooooooo, but only made some few adjustment to your point of view.

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Masterclass32: 9:27am On Apr 29, 2016
Hehe. Pointless thread.
God bless the Igbos wherever they may be.
Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by ndosorry: 9:28am On Apr 29, 2016
Ibe Kachikwu, it is not by force o to be onye igbo. Since you are not proud of your roots, lagosians will help you to uproot your igboness. dikpa mepe onu ugwu ya adaa. ndoooo!!! Ask Olise, his problems started when he denied his roots. Sorry oooooooo
Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by ghuzy01: 9:33am On Apr 29, 2016
garfield16:
Ibos who grew up outside igbo land don't have the primitive mentality of those who grew up in what is a largely homogeneous, uncosmopolitan and unexposed region. Those who grew up outside igbo land tend to see themselves as Nigerians 1st. It's a question of exposure......it's that simple!!
You are 1000% correct.well said.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by babeface3: 9:39am On Apr 29, 2016
Shes on point. Those words in Land Use Act are mere expressions that may never be actualised. Ever heard of prescriptive title. The truth is that Lagos belongs to those that dwell in it irrespective of tribal leanings. We are just being parochial
haul:

Read the land use act madam, those lands have a period of usage, after those years they expire, the government of the state can retrieve it madam.

NB: I get your point clearly ooooooo, but only made some few adjustment to your point of view.

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by islandmoon: 9:40am On Apr 29, 2016
Karanka:
From your post,one can easily deduce you're not up to 20yrs. It would be very shameful if you're up to 20yrs and you're spewing this kind of thrash. What kind of information do they feed you guys with? Go to Enohia in Afikpo Ebonyi state and you'll see a huge community of Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba living there for decades,yet you don't see the indigenes there carrying placards and whining online that they want to claim their land. And this is not just peculiar to Ebonyi state; it's obtained almost everywhere in SE. You don't see Igbos hyperventilating and issuing threats everywhere over that. I don't know how many times i'll have to say this to folks like you,or must your heads be literally opened and the right info downloaded? Igbos don't and never claim Lagos. Lagos is like a melting point for all Nigerians given her status,location etc. When people say Lagos is a no-man's land,what they mean is just what i explained above. Read the right books,listen to the right people,travel and mingle with people; that way,you'll learn more.

Did you go to school? I guess you didn't read the other comments from the Ipod youth leaders , find someone to read and interprete them to you, I would have done that to you but mi o ni time fun e bayi, fi mi sile, mo wa ni ibise bayi, mi o ni time fun e! mo busy.

4 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by SUBWAY101(m): 9:41am On Apr 29, 2016
naijaking1:
Igbos raising the blood pressure of tribalistic Yoruba bloggers like Tolu Ogunlesi since time immemorial!

This tribal bigot calling others tribalist. Lmao

3 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Ilovemystate: 9:42am On Apr 29, 2016
MetaHuman:
go school you know go go, this is the result.

You cannot differentiate between born in or the original root of someone. Anthony Joshua was born in united kingdom, does that mean he is British by root?

Donjazzy was born in abia but is root is Isoko.. Go back to same wikipedia you got your info from and see what they wrote there before you feed your fellow illiterate wrong information.
I have gone through wiki he never mention Isoko,
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Jazzy
Even if he's Isoko, he is proud of Igbo heritage that why he always identify with us, I hope you've watch Don jazzy and Timaya video - I concur Onye ihem na ewe iwe ya biko nwewe ya cool I know you will not understand what he meant with that statement
Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by haul: 9:45am On Apr 29, 2016
babeface3:
Shes on point. Those words in Land Use Act are mere expressions that may never be actualised. Ever heard of prescriptive title. The truth is that Lagos belongs to those that dwell in it irrespective of tribal leanings. We are just being parochial

You mean something that is constitutionalized is just mere expression? Please that's a mistake from you please. You said that "MAY" never be actualised? May alone prove you wrong which means you've ascertain there is something of such on ground.

Just like houses marked for road expansion by government and people have built properties on those path, cause the government hasn't done anything to those houses yet doesn't mean if need be they won't be revoked cause it as been in constitution.

Its called "LAND USE ACT" ask why governors are not endorsing the grazing bill? Cause it negate the LAND USE ACT.

And revoking of land won't be based on ethnicity at all . The law is greater than any ethnic group sir.

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by SUBWAY101(m): 9:48am On Apr 29, 2016
Ilovemystate:

Some of you guys come online and will be feeding people false information, who told you that Don jazzy is not Igbo

Don Jazzy (real name Michael Collins Ajereh) is a Nigerian multi award-winning record producer, singer-songwriter, musician, current CEO of the Mavin Records label. Don Jazzy was born on 26 November 1982 in Umuahia, Abia state.

This one is an illiterate, so if you were born in Lagos now means you are Yoruba? He was born in Abia but not from there.

7 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Ilovemystate: 9:50am On Apr 29, 2016
SUBWAY101:

This one is an illiterate, so if you were born in Lagos now means you are Yoruba? He was born in Abia but not from there.
I hope you know who you are quoting
Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Ugosample(m): 9:50am On Apr 29, 2016
loopman:

Igbos by traditional dressing don't wear trousers and Buba top. They tie wrapper.

What are you talking about?

Don't exhibit your ignorance in public please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by SUBWAY101(m): 9:51am On Apr 29, 2016
Ilovemystate:

I hope you know who you are quoting

Yes, the illiterate that cant differentiate between state of origin and place of birth.

6 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by SUBWAY101(m): 9:53am On Apr 29, 2016
Ilovemystate:
They banned your moniker for the other thread you don carry come here, and you are forgotten Ilorin That has gone to Fulanis since 19 centuries

Are you okay? Which moniker? It seems you have eyes problem, just back from ban and saw bullshit about my state. Heard you now live at Enugu IDP camp, good for you since you are not even useful.

5 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Ilovemystate: 9:53am On Apr 29, 2016
SUBWAY101:

Yes, the illiterate that cant differentiate between state of origin and place of birth.
I hope you've eaten to stay with me here for hours, you forgot what happened last night and know money is working for me not the other way round
Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by demslayerrz: 10:01am On Apr 29, 2016
SUBWAY101:

Lolzzzz

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by ngoziama: 10:03am On Apr 29, 2016
Environer:
Kachikwu admits to being an Igbo (many Nigerians, especially Yorubas, wish that Delta Igbos would not affirm being Igbos)

But then he dents his ''Igbo-ness'' by claiming ''more Lagosian''.

Must these claims be mutually exclusive? Can you not simply be an Igbo man who lives or have lived in Lagos?

This is as tweeted by Tolu Ogunlesi, a Yoruba. There is no independent verification if Kachikwu actually said that and in what context.

http://www.gbam.tv/celebrity-news/im-more-lagosian-igbo-kachikwu

Surprisingly I have never counted this chap as igbo . I just hope he is truly a nigerian .lol.lagosian/lagoonian
Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by demslayerrz: 10:03am On Apr 29, 2016
SUBWAY101:

Most of them are kids awaiting waec result, we have seen them here many times.
Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by chesterlee(m): 10:04am On Apr 29, 2016
MetaHuman:
nigger, know your history .

That's not Igbo attire.

That's buba and sokoto with red cap. It was copied from Yoruba attire.

Ibo mostly tie wrapper, wear chicken feather or beads, those are cultural Igbo atires before they start migrating and mixing with real people. Stealing their culture and attire and rebranding it to make it look like theirs.

Mixing with real people?
al
Do u mean the 'real people' that believe they fell down from the sky.

All these Yoruba peeps shagrin

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Sunseeker: 10:05am On Apr 29, 2016
Lack of Progress in Nigeria...Tribalism is a major Factor..

We all keep HATING, and the Indians, Chinese and The Old White Masters Keep Laughing !

Pitifool joke nation.....lemme go jare and look for a happy thread to read. (smh)

ONE LOVE !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by leederrty1997: 10:09am On Apr 29, 2016
Respect one Nigeria. But Lagos belongs to Yoruba!
Read and View 'The First Aeroplane Seen Flying Over Lagos- May 30 1926' @
https://oldnaija./2015/11/18/the-first-aeroplane-seen-flying-over-lagos-may-30-1926/

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by toyinid78: 10:18am On Apr 29, 2016
Environer:

I have no problem with Lagos being a Yorubaland. But the term ''Lagosian' is not = to ''Yoruba''. I was born in Lagos myself. I consider myself a Lagosian but never a Yoruba. NEVER.
a stupid quote av u ever seen a yoruba man saying am anambrans or ebonyis doh am yoruba,admit ur living n dieing in lagos lagosian means ur origin is from lagos,admit ur yoruba since u don drink our water

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by GodMode: 10:22am On Apr 29, 2016
K
Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Ilovemystate: 10:26am On Apr 29, 2016
SUBWAY101:

Genevieve, Psquare, Don Jazzy, others make Most Influential Igbo Personalities’ listTOP

Nigeria’s entertainers including Genevieve Nnaji, P-square and Don Jazzy have exclusively made the list of Most Influential Igbo Personalities, otherwise known as MIIP among other wave making celebrities of Igbo extraction who are in the showbiz industry.
Genevieve
The MIIIP book, in its 2014-2018 editions released early this year which encompasses Nigeria’s leaders, entrepreneurs, academics and other public figures listed Nollywood actress, Genevieve Nnaji, music stars, P-square, Don Jazzy and Phyno on its entertainer’s category.

It includes the likes of Nkem Owoh, KCee, Flavour, Jim Iyke, Okey Bakassi, Naeto C, D’Prince, Patience Ozokwor, Charles Awurum, John Okafor, Stephanie Okereke-Idahosa, Rita Dominic, Chinedu Ikedieze, Osita Iheme, Saint Obi, Frank Edwards, J Martins, Basketmouth, Uche Ogbuagu, Ugo Stevenson, Amayo Uzo Philips, Crystal Jane Cosmas (CJ Mama), Andy Ike alongside others standing side-by-side in the book.

Explaining how they made it to the book, showbiz critic and publisher of Day-Light online newspaper, Azuh Amatus described them as prominent contributors of what the showbiz industry has become since its kick-off. “The Igbo region is currently referred to as the entertainment capital of Nigeria. However, the success recorded in the Nigerian entertainment industry today was highly contributed by Igbo citizens; the industry wouldn’t have been complete without their immense contributions, giant strides and commitment. This is one of the reasons this book should be commended.

“In all spheres of human endeavours, they have touched the nation and those of them in the entertainment industry should be lauded and appreciated, therefore I strongly believe that this book represents what they have done and will continue to do for Igbo tribe and Nigeria in general,” he noted.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/genevieve-psquare-don-jazzy-others-make-influential-igbo-personalities-list/ quess what the owner of Vanguard is an Itsekiri man

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by loopman: 10:36am On Apr 29, 2016
Ugosample:

[s]What are you talking about?

Don't exhibit your ignorance in public please.
[/s]

Trash. Wearing trousers is not native to you. Tying your women is what is native.
Below is traditional way of dressing by your men in apoche.
Don't be ashamed. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Ihuomadinihu: 10:38am On Apr 29, 2016
GodMode:

That's Yoruba native with Igbo cap.. Igbo native originally does not have shirts or trouser even Igbo women have started to tie head gear on their heads instead of the beads their ancestors used.
Lol. There is no sub saharan culture that didn't start off using wrapper before progressing to shirts and trouser.
Bubu,shirts,trouser and whatever you choose to call them are direct items of a borrowed culture resulting from contacts with non African people.
Kaftan like shirts worn by Malians,yoruba and hausa are largely influenced by Arabic invaders in pre history.
The original sub saharan African attire consist of woven wrappers before heavy contact with other people.
Yorubas,hausas and the rest cannot claim trousers and shirts,infact no one can!
You have to careful and informed before yarning rubbish!

5 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by GodMode: 10:45am On Apr 29, 2016
K

3 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Ihuomadinihu: 10:55am On Apr 29, 2016
GodMode:

That's Yoruba native with Igbo cap.. Igbo native originally does not have shirts or trouser even Igbo women have started to tie head gear on their heads instead of the beads their ancestors used.
All groups which are now part of Southern Nigeria have different ways of adorning the hair in pre colonialism.
For Igbos,they use beads,feathers,pearls,mirrors, combs and flowers. According to my research,yorubas also used beads for their hair.
In Igboland of yore,beautiful adornment of hair was left for the maidens and young women while Older women preferred to cover their hair with woven akwaete cloth amongst other woven materials.
This hair cover/material was called Ichafu, Ulari and Akwa isi based on different Igbo dialects.
The coming of the white men and introduction of christianity forced igbo women both young and old to abandone their beautiful hairstyles and cover their hair according to religious doctrines.

I really don't understand how you feel that African headtie used in most African culture is synonymous with Yorubas only.
That is ridiculous!! What you call gele has different origins and names amongst diverse Nigerian cultures.
Can you stop being ignorant!

6 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Ihuomadinihu: 11:01am On Apr 29, 2016
GodMode:

Yoruba have been wearing clothes before the European and Arab invasion..
What you boost of today descended from years of intermingling with non African cultures. Read before mocking others. Even most beads are not Sub saharan.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Act Makes It Compulsory To Expose The Owner Of The Ikoyi N15bn Flat / Igboho: Produce 12 Yoruba Nation Agitators On July 29, Court Orders DSS / Reverend Stephen Adegbite: God Will Punish Us If We Don’t Support Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.