Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu (32344 Views)

Hausa/fulani Is Far Richer Than Igbo In Nigeria / Our Children Are Turning Into Prostitutes, We Are Suffering, Tell PMB -Lagosian / Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Ilovemystate: 11:02am On Apr 29, 2016
SUBWAY101:

More
Don Jazzy
Mavin boss speaks on Oba of Lagos anti-Igbo controversy
Ayomide O. Tayo | 09:51 | 08.04.2015
"Fashola has treated everyone in Lagos fairly as far as I know and I am proud to be associated with him" writes Don Jazzy.

24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!
Subscribe
Don Jazzy
» more Don Jazzy has expressed his thoughts on the Oba of Lagos' statement. (Obi Somto)
The dust is still yet to settle on Oba Rilwan Akiolu's anti-Igbo statement made over the weekend. Several politicians, commentators and celebrities have expressed their thoughts on the highly controversial issue.

The CEO of Mavin Records (popularly now referred to as the Supreme Mavin Dynasty) has come out to air his mind on the Oba of Lagos' statement which threatened death on Igbos who won't vote for the APC gubernatorial candidate on April 11, 2015.

Yesterday, April 7, 2015 a Twitter account with the handle @Iam_SkySwag asked Don Jazzy why he had kept quiet about the issue. @Iam_SkySwag also insinuated that because Don Jazzy did not want to talk about the issue because he is close to the Governor of Lagos state, Babatunde Fashola.

The prolific hitmaker munched these tweets directed at him and posted them on his Instagram account. In the caption below the picture, Don Jazzy expressed his thoughts on the whole issue.

"I am a Nigerian first and an Igbo man second. Fashola has treated everyone in Lagos fairly as far as I know and I am proud to be associated with him. #mentor" he wrote.

He further wrote "As a wise/civilized/respectful Igbo man, I will not desecrate the stool of royalty, even tho I totally frown at that recording. But I will tell you for free that we all have the freedom to choose whom to vote for & no one can force you or me to vote as he/she pleases. #IDJA

http://pulse.ng/celebrities/don-jazzy-mavin-boss-speaks-on-oba-of-lagos-anti-igbo-controversy-id3636349.html
That how you guys propagate false informations media to pull Igbo down, now Kachukwu statement is now national issues because is said he's more Lagosian, is Lagosian a tribe name Some of you guys are pathetic, when they appointed him GMD NNPC, children of hate said he is not Igbo, that aniomas are not Igbo now he admitted he's Igbo now the topic don change, had it been he said he's more Igbo than Nigeria you guys will say he's tribalistic and see opportunity to use media campaign against him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by GodMode: 11:06am On Apr 29, 2016
K

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by bakynes(m): 11:06am On Apr 29, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol. There is no sub saharan culture that didn't start off using wrapper before progressing to shirts and trouser.
Bubu,shirts,trouser and whatever you choose to call them are direct items of a borrowed culture resulting from contacts with non African people.
Kaftan like shirts worn by Malians,yoruba and hausa are largely influenced by Arabic invaders in pre history.
The original sub saharan African attire consist of woven wrappers before heavy contact with other people.
Yorubas,hausas and the rest cannot claim trousers and shirts,infact no one can!
You have to careful and informed before yarning rubbish!
You are wrong by saying Yorubas cannot claim trousers, our own type of trousers is just not like the White man's own, it is tight fitted at the ankle end of the trouser and we use inner rope to tight fit it at the waist level and i believe he is right native igbo attire for me is wrapper not trouser.

5 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by bakynes(m): 11:07am On Apr 29, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol. There is no sub saharan culture that didn't start off using wrapper before progressing to shirts and trouser.
Bubu,shirts,trouser and whatever you choose to call them are direct items of a borrowed culture resulting from contacts with non African people.
Kaftan like shirts worn by Malians,yoruba and hausa are largely influenced by Arabic invaders in pre history.
The original sub saharan African attire consist of woven wrappers before heavy contact with other people.
Yorubas,hausas and the rest cannot claim trousers and shirts,infact no one can!
You have to careful and informed before yarning rubbish!
You are wrong by saying Yorubas cannot claim trousers, our own type of trousers is just not like the White man's own, it is tight fitted at the ankle end of the trouser and we use inner rope to tight fit it at the waist level and i believe he is right native igbo attire for men is wrapper not trouser.

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by GodMode: 11:07am On Apr 29, 2016
K

4 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Kennydoc(m): 11:09am On Apr 29, 2016
Karm16:
Not even, 'I'm more Enugu than Igbo', it's I'm more Yoruba than Igbo. Chaii. When I told Qelvin that his people have been conquered mentally, he no believe me. You see Donjazzy rocking Yoruba attire, Igbo boys flexing in Yoruba and Northerner's attires. You see some of them even naming their pikins Aonions instead of Okechukwu, being proud that English Nollywood is ish when Yoruba nollywood is still better. Una wonder why your people no dey Igbo nollywood.

I have cousins who were born, and have lived all their lives in the US. They are more US than Igbo. Same applies to Yorubas who were born and bred in the UK, especially those who haven't been to Nigeria. Are these illustrations different from what Kachikwu said?
You are a hater and an agent of division. You are never seen in threads where rational thinking is done, rather you feast on threads and only make posts that demean Igbos.
I detest your mentality.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Ihuomadinihu: 11:12am On Apr 29, 2016
GodMode:

lies
It's very obvious you don't know enough about African textiles and attire pre colonialism. I'm not here to get engage in tribalism and bigotry,but you have to understand that lots of people that visit nairaland are educated about a lot of things.

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Ihuomadinihu: 11:16am On Apr 29, 2016
GodMode:

But their invasion did not let the Yoruba abandon their own culture and hairstyles. U have slave mentality.
It's not about slave mentality. The evil effects of Colonialism has affected every African on the face of the earth. I'm very sure you don't worship the black gods of your ancestors,lol.
We are talking about HEADTIE here....headtie is a common item in West Africa. It's not exclusive to any culture,so quit writing trash!

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Ihuomadinihu: 11:22am On Apr 29, 2016
bakynes:

You are wrong by saying Yorubas cannot claim trousers, our own type of trousers is just not like the White man's own, it is tight fitted at the ankle end of the trouser and we use inner rope to tight fit it at the waist level and i believe he is right native igbo attire for men is wrapper not trouser.
I didn't mention Europeans in my previous comments and trouser and shirt did not jump into a subsaharan culture originally known for tying woven wrappers,till tomorrow,there are ancient pictures of yoruba men tying wrapper all over the net.
My point is that Trousers in whichever form are not originally Sub saharan,they were borrowed from non African cultures and adapted as a native attire.
If Yoruba can claim trouser which was influenced by non Africans,then Other Nigerian cultures that have come in contact with non Africans will equally claim trouser as a native attire.

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by VickyRotex(f): 11:23am On Apr 29, 2016
IYANGBALI:
Yoruba 1-0 Igbo grin

Vickyrotex we have woned o

Ehhhh "woned" ni kan ko. Go school, you no gree angry
Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by bakynes(m): 11:28am On Apr 29, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:

I didn't mention Europeans in my previous comments and trouser and shirt did not jump into a subsaharan culture originally known for tying woven wrappers,till tomorrow,there are ancient pictures of yoruba men tying wrapper all over the net.
My point is that Trousers in whichever form are not originally Sub saharan,they were borrowed from non African cultures and adapted as a native attire.
If Yoruba can claim trouser which was influenced by non Africans,then Other Nigerian cultures that have come in contact with non African will equally claim trouser as a native attire.
You are just assuming, show me a Yoruba man dressed in his native attire dressed in a wrapper. Dig out the internet for pictures and show it to me. Just so you know another form of trouser yorubas wear is a bubu type of trouser that is more like a 3/4 trouser but never see any ancient yoruba man wear wrapper.

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Ihuomadinihu: 11:41am On Apr 29, 2016
bakynes:

You are just assuming, show me a Yoruba man dressed in his native attire dressed in a wrapper. Dig out the internet for pictures and show it to me. Just so you know another form of trouser yorubas wear is a bubu type of trouser that is more like a 3/4 trouser but never see any ancient yoruba man wear wrapper.
No assumptions here. The original sub saharan attire is wrapper. Everyother stuff is borrowed deep down in history. I also realized that the same thing happened in South Asia especially india.
Search Nigeria Nostalgia forum or look for the same group on facebook. Like i said before,cultures collide and civilization blossoms. The problem is when you decide to pitch your history within one historical period without acknowledging the deeper ones.

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by palsenator(m): 11:57am On Apr 29, 2016
post=45130182:
Some of you guys reasons through the anus it would have sound silly if he said I'm more Yoruba than Igbo, Lagos was former colony, once you have leave in Lagos for years you are Lagosian, and he knows the sensitive position he occupied and those in control now hate Igbos, he never deny his people. Children of hate you can twist it the way that suits you na sabe.
lol.... Who is hating if not your tribe? Even colonial masters knew Lagos was a Yoruba land. Yoruba = Lagosians = Yoruba. We know ourselves and our land is blessed that is why you all run down here. Your celebrities prefer to associate with our Lagos and likewise some of your brothers. The earlier you guys understand that you are already defeated mentally the better. Eko onibaje.

3 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by IYANGBALI: 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2016
VickyRotex:

Ehhhh "woned" ni kan ko. Go school, you no gree angry
tongue tongue tongue
Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Dexema(m): 12:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
I'm highly disappointed in tolu ogunlesi for such a comment, isn't he one of the supposed one Nigeria proponents? uncle ibe abeg no mind dem, just serve your fatherland by making fuel available and making the necessary reforms in our petroleum sector.
Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by IYANGBALI: 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
palsenator:
lol.... Who is hating if not your tribe? Even colonial masters knew Lagos was a Yoruba land. Yoruba = Lagosians = Yoruba. We know ourselves and our land is blessed that is why you all run down here. Your celebrities prefer to associate with our Lagos and likewise some of your brothers. The earlier you guys understand that you are already defeated mentally the better. Eko onibaje.
omo see upper cut,see blood everywhere. I am sooooooo proud of you hitting sense into his flat head

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by iameugene(m): 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2016
Karanka:
From your post,one can easily deduce you're not up to 20yrs. It would be very shameful if you're up to 20yrs and you're spewing this kind of thrash. What kind of information do they feed you guys with? Go to Enohia in Afikpo Ebonyi state and you'll see a huge community of Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba living there for decades,yet you don't see the indigenes there carrying placards and whining online that they want to claim their land. And this is not just peculiar to Ebonyi state; it's obtained almost everywhere in SE. You don't see Igbos hyperventilating and issuing threats everywhere over that. I don't know how many times i'll have to say this to folks like you,or must your heads be literally opened and the right info downloaded? Igbos don't and never claim Lagos. Lagos is like a melting point for all Nigerians given her status,location etc. When people say Lagos is a no-man's land,what they mean is just what i explained above. Read the right books,listen to the right people,travel and mingle with people; that way,you'll learn more.
lol wailers will always wail, like my brother said "we will teach your children Yoruba in der various schools in lagos until Yoruba become the official language

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by safarigirl(f): 1:02pm On Apr 29, 2016
Karm16:

Is your tongue split? Today you're pro-biafra, tomorrow you want to discuss one Nigeria.
You sound confused.
Why won't you rock Yoruba attire? Who hasn't? Who wouldn't?
I hjave NEVER rocked Yoruba attire, never will.

Then again, I'm sure you rock more English than Yoruba attire, ain't nobody give a sh*t bout trivialities

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by safarigirl(f): 1:05pm On Apr 29, 2016
ibedun:

So what is Don Jazzy? A Yoruba or a Fulani from Enugu?
Don Jazzy is Isoko. Ajereh is not an Igbo name. Don Jazzy's mother is Igbo, his father is Isoko

You all refuse to educate yourselves on basic things, but come online to spew jargons with free MB...educated illiterates everywhere

6 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by safarigirl(f): 1:11pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ilovemystate:

Some of you guys come online and will be feeding people false information, who told you that Don jazzy is not Igbo

Don Jazzy (real name Michael Collins Ajereh) is a Nigerian multi award-winning record producer, singer-songwriter, musician, current CEO of the Mavin Records label. Don Jazzy was born on 26 November 1982 in Umuahia, Abia state.
I was born in Lagos, does that make me Yoruba?

Yemi Alade was born in Abia state, does that make her Igbo?

You're not very smart, are you? undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by caukerzee(m): 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2016
Anwulisomto:
My people will all eventually claim Yoruba. We are shameless...nobody wants to associate with us anymore.
This fool is still going round impersonating igbo? Mods please bad this user. He's disobeying rule 19.
Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Anwulisomto: 1:29pm On Apr 29, 2016
caukerzee:
This fool is still going round impersonating igbo? Mods please bad this user. He's disobeying rule 19.

Anuofia, it is people like you that make us laughing stocks everywhere. Are you not ashamed at the way our people are being disgraced and disrespected everywhere?

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Ilovemystate: 1:31pm On Apr 29, 2016
safarigirl:
I was born in Lagos, does that make me Yoruba?

Yemi Alade was born in Abia state, does that make her Igbo?

You're not very smart, are you? undecided
Check my other posts and links quote me again then I will reply you.
Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by caukerzee(m): 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2016
Anwulisomto:

Anuofia, it is people like you that make us laughing stocks everywhere. Are you not ashamed at the way our people are being disgraced and disrespected everywhere?
Using Nna, Anuofia and the rest in your posts only shows how you're trying tout hard to sound igbo. You created your account what? Two days ago and all your posts are anti-Igbo. You'reven only fooling your self.

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by christopher123(m): 1:56pm On Apr 29, 2016
If I say this they will talk..but most Delta Igbo seems confused

Have you seen a kwarra man saying I am more lagosian than kwarra

Now he is on his own
This was what oliseh said..he was humiliated
Now we watch him
Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by christopher123(m): 1:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
safarigirl:
Don Jazzy is Isoko. Ajereh is not an Igbo name. Don Jazzy's mother is Igbo, his father is Isoko

You all refuse to educate yourselves on basic things, but come online to spew jargons with free MB...educated illiterates everywhere

Ajereh is a pure Igbo name and I used to have a classmate that bear chidi ajereh as a surname

Ajaere has Igbo meaning ..Aja and ere

Don jazzy is Igbo from ukwuani not isoko and he never identified anything isoko

Tell me one good thing that can come from sobo clan

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by GodMode: 2:05pm On Apr 29, 2016
K

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 29, 2016
ChukwuIbrahim:
anoda Igbo tryin to tag Lasgidi as no mans land.
issorite!

"Kachukwu's parents are not biafrans" - iPodz/iPadz
No matter the height butterfly reaches it can never be a bird o.Hmmmmm!

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2016
Karm16:
He's basically saying "I am more Yoruba than Igbo".

Olorun maje! We don't want. You see many of them on NL claiming Yoruba too. What a shame to point at your father's house with your left hand. We will decline his visa.
Long live the true Oodua members.
Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
Environer:

He did not claim Yoruba. There is a big chasm between ''Yoruba'' and ''Lagosian''
The frog & toad are more related than either of them with lizard o.Lagos & Yoruba reps the frog & toad & that guy rep lizard.

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 29, 2016
Environer:

Exactly. When they have finished dealing with him in Lagos politics, he will run back to Delta State, starting with his Igbo part of Delta.
I just hope all these alliance no be for political benefits.

1 Like

Re: I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 29, 2016
Karm16:

You think. When it comes time to start applying for Visa, you'll know which language Lagos street names belong to. Fulani will soon start claiming no man's land in Enugu.
My brother you are even behind self, Fulani has already showed the world that Enugu is no man's land cos they go there to hunt for anihumans & go back with nobody to stop them.Fulani is saying if Lagos is no man's land then Enugu too is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mohammed Santuraki: Atiku Is A Formidable Opponent, Whether We Admit It Or Not / Amaechi Looking Angry Over Low Turn Out In Osun - Oche Joseph Otorkpa (Photos) / ICPC Seizes Akpabio’s International Passport - The News Feed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.