Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London (73072 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Cameroonian Lady Has Message About Nigerians Living Abroad (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by erico2k2(m): 7:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
CaptainECole:
Well.. the UK is just too regulated .. I will be coming there to study in the nearest future after my first degree, but would I be able to secure a work permit? as a student?
Hard now.my time was easy. 5 he's days grab ur cert skills and heard to the US or Canada.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by pahen1991: 7:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
Adebola02:
I am also aspiring to study in London after completing my undergraduate studies here (through scholarship). But reports about racial discriminarion,high tax rate and work permit in UK is not encouraging. BTW i noticed there are more Yoruba's working in London according to this article.
I need a cheap sheet of dis pls
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

School o , work o. Everything.
And its better in the USA than UK
I beg to disagree.. in terms of academics.. UK is better but if you wanna hustle, US would be a better option

2 Likes

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
erico2k2:

Hard now.my time was easy. 5 he's days grab ur cert skills and heard to the US or Canada.
oh I see...
But its kinda possible but difficult .. is that what you mean?
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
Thank God I came across this article I have been finding ways to travel out of Nigeria but after reading this article I am no longer interested travelling anywhere again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by shaybebaby(f): 7:23pm On Apr 29, 2016
gypsey:
yea! babe one of me brova,grin thinking ov moving there meself
You should, good connection into London especially on the c2c. Cheaper anyways as everywhere is outside of London.
I like my little town, mostly Zimbabweans here though, not a lot of nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by bakynes(m): 7:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
Abeg people help me put mouth for this matter, i did my Masters in the UK Petroleum Engineering and am processing my visiting Visa to the US now. Please can a Nigerian like me get a job in the Oil and gas sector there with a Visiting visa.

3 Likes

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
CaptainECole:
I beg to disagree.. in terms of academics.. UK is better but if you wanna hustle, US would be a better option

Igbos are conscious of livelihood after school that's why they are the most populous Nigerians in USA
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by fittty(m): 7:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

Lie.
Students can work in America.
All you need is your state id and ssn
Legally or illegally? Or do you call that on-campus 20hrs a week work?
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Harrisonwo(m): 7:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
Sade Williams (not her real names) booked her passage to London through her husband, a Nigerian with British passport. On getting to London, she became uncontrollable after having a child and within a year was out of the relationship. She became entangled with another unsuspecting Nigerian, got a second child out of him, and dashed out again.
She now smiles to the bank every week to catch off her child support settlement.

If a married man wanna survive, just stay there hustle the money n send down. On no account should you move ur wife over except u wanna get a heart attack

4 Likes

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by shaybebaby(f): 7:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
erico2k2:

Nah lie rainy Southend and dirty Beaches. Oyibo dey shit for that beach sand. grin grin grin
Still better than the Thames jare (even though we are still on its estuary).
But please, keep spreading that rumour. E tire me sef with all the visitors to the sea front in summer. Una no dey gree give local residents space to enjoy our thing.

2 Likes

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ATERI(m): 7:28pm On Apr 29, 2016
erico2k2:

Again I will say M Duggan. is not an innocent man.He was one of them black guys giving black people bad names..His death was a mistake on the part of the Police mind U I live in Haringey so I know what I am on about.ever heard of Turnpike lane?go to that park and see how our brothers are embarrassing us.

This is the problem: so Jean Charles de Menedes is to blame for his own execution in Stockwell? And when South Yorkshire police lied for 27 years to cover up blatant injustice, police are not to blame. Trust me, the British society is a broken society and virtually every level of it is institutionally racist. Most of us don`t know it because Nigerians only mind our own business. Did you hear of the guys that worked at the 2012 Olympics and yet to collect their wages up until today? Well, they are all from South-East Asia.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by IYANGBALI: 7:30pm On Apr 29, 2016
Bullshiiiiiiiit i will rather be a foreigner than live in Britain or London.
Naija for life

2 Likes

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 29, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Igbos are conscious of livelihood after school that's why they are the most populous Nigerians in USA
yes.. I agree.. igbos are more conscious with financial success, that's why you'd find them mostly in the US.. the UK is too regulated and expensive, you pay tax for everything from watching TV to parking car to your salaries ... USA is more freer and less-regulative

2 Likes

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by fittty(m): 7:33pm On Apr 29, 2016
bakynes:
Abeg people help me put mouth for this matter, i did my Masters in the UK Petroleum Engineering and am processing my visiting Visa to the US now. Please can a Nigerian like me get a job in the Oil and gas sector there with a Visiting visa.
How? undecided Visiting visas is self explanatory. You CANNOT work with it.

1 Like

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
After reading the point where someone hope that our President Muhammadu Buhari would fix Nigeria, I smiled and hailed "Sai Buhari".

3 Likes

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Wowzer(m): 7:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
Rubbish.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 29, 2016
erico2k2:

Why you dey talk like 5 his. The Romania s can't speak and write English. So who dem go employ for such jobs ni?
they do not have to speak any English just point or show them what you want them to do (job) and they will do it. most polish folks do not speak any English but they manage to do all the menial jobs. anyway i am not worried about them as i am on Job seekers allowance grin grin
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by RichYoungNigger(m): 7:43pm On Apr 29, 2016
ADENIKETINA2015:

To do the paper, of course I'll go for the interview in person. Is it realistic?Though someone suggested Canada on here.

Really tired

Yes, try Canada
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 29, 2016
fittty:

How? undecided Visiting visas is self explanatory. You CANNOT work with it.
i wonder o! he wants to visit at the same time work. how can some one visting Ends up working? grin grin visit is visit, work is work. needs a work permit.

typical nigerian he wants to cut corners grin

4 Likes

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 29, 2016
MosquitoLaps:

I was told Canada has very strict immigration policies.
What have you to say about that?

Most people don't know. Canada and netherlands are Worst for immigrants. I just laugh when people say Canada is better. Go to Canada and regret your life.

4 Likes

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
bakynes:
how can you visit and wants to work at the same time. you can not work on a visit visa especially in an oil and gas (what ever you mean by that) to work you will need a work permit or you can work illegally picking tomatoes and grapes in the country farm,cleaning streets, trash and gabbage man or Resturant and hotel cleaner.

4 Likes

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 29, 2016
CaptainECole:
hustle the US also give long jail sentence unlike the UK grin

1 Like

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by AprokoTV(m): 7:54pm On Apr 29, 2016
Suffering and smiling tongue cry
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by gidikay: 7:54pm On Apr 29, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Igbos do their own in USA and Canada.

Go get ur facts right. Dunno about Yankee but in Canada, Yorubas r more than the Igbos... Living legally, more skilled.

3 Likes

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
MosquitoLaps:

I was told Canada has very strict immigration policies.
What have you to say about that?
strict immigration what and yet they're looking for migrant workers? Getting the visa might be difficult but living in Canada is not as difficult as you can imagine as long as you don't live in Ontario.

2 Likes

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by QueenSalewa: 7:56pm On Apr 29, 2016
erico2k2:

What are you cooking tjat will cost £200 in month for just you. ?unless U eat out. You can cook one big pot with £10.it will last you a week plus.

Lmao. One big pot with only £10? That's a lie.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

Yes, try Canada

I'm sorry for the inconvenience(s)

Is Canada easier going through an agent.

I also would like to know how easy it is to transfer to a US uni from Canada (going for nursing)

My love for the states is indescribable Lol
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ronald4lif(m): 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2016
erico2k2:

What are you cooking tjat will cost £200 in month for just you. ?unless U eat out. You can cook one big pot with £10.it will last you a week plus.

Never said the whole £200 is for feeding alone, said feeding and travelling expenses.

I'm interested in knowing what full pot of food that will last a week takes £10 to prepare. Seems like I shop for groceries at the wrong places.

2 Likes

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
CaptainECole:
yes.. I agree.. igbos are more conscious with financial success, that's why you'd find them mostly in the US.. the UK is too regulated and expensive, you pay tax for everything from watching TV to parking car to your salaries ... USA is more freer and less-regulative
yes! But the US also have hefty jail term grin unlike the UK. i hear they can jail convicts for some of their crazy 100 Years in jail term shocked
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Frezhkid10(m): 8:05pm On Apr 29, 2016
TippyTop:
They maybe suffering but its presently #452 to the pound.
My cousin attending uni in London works only 3hrs a day cleaning. So if you get paid £200per month doing few hours a day, that would be #90,000 per month.
...that money will only be 90,000 if she wanna spend it in Nigeria..buh when spending in London as her case will be...its nothing than a mere #1000 naira note...
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2016
ronald4lif:

Never said the whole £200 is for feeding alone, said feeding and travelling expenses.

I'm interested in knowing what full pot of food that will last a week takes £10 to prepare. Seems like I shop for groceries at the wrong places.
i wonder o! only meat from the butchers is £ 15, No! you are not shopping at the wrong places

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. / Peckham: The Ajegunle Of London / Graveyard Of Nigeria's Dead Airplanes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.