Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,545 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London (73091 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Cameroonian Lady Has Message About Nigerians Living Abroad (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by erico2k2(m): 8:58pm On Apr 29, 2016
gypsey:
i am not going to mention what i do for a living as is it is not rellevant (definitely not a menial job) i was just Elaborating on how the poles and Romanians have taken over menial jobs from Africans.

and oh! i am on job seekers allowance grin *jokes*
I know you are not, any Nigerian on Job seekers allawee deserve to be deported sharp sharp
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
erico2k2:

And?want a medal for that? angry angry
grin grin on his way to a security job i am guessing, nothing wrong with security job BTW.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by erico2k2(m): 9:00pm On Apr 29, 2016
justwise:

Yes person wey no get money to buy beer say e bitter na e make e no buy one.
grin grin grin,we get one here as well, how are you,its been long dunno if you still remember me frm the 2007 era on travel section, I ain't been here for a V long time.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ATERI(m): 9:00pm On Apr 29, 2016
erico2k2:

And?want a medal for that? angry angry

I thought where I`m is so important for you that you asked so what are you now angry about?
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by erico2k2(m): 9:01pm On Apr 29, 2016
gypsey:
grin grin on his way to a security job i am guessing, nothing wrong with security job BTW.
ahah Na Honest JOB wink wink
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by erico2k2(m): 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2016
ATERI:

I thought where I`m is so important for you that you asked so what are you now angry about?
guy relax, nothing I never see abroad, all sort so you will never surprise me, no B today I start.whatever you do hold tight. wink
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2016
erico2k2:

I know you are not, any Nigerian on Job seekers allawee deserve to be deported sharp sharp
i Agree, a lot of Yoruba folks are on JSA, i am not joking.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ATERI(m): 9:03pm On Apr 29, 2016
gypsey:

Why not, those doing it are human beings. They may actually be better than you-from the look of things
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ipledge5: 9:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
gypsey:
True, but the city is never lonely not really. and yes information is key, like i said you ve got to know who, were, how and when to get infor. because those security guys you may be staying or rolling with have got no rellevant infor. appart from when is their next night shift grin and were to buy tasty cow foot.
grin grin u must have live in brooklyn..informations fly around you should just know how to tap into them,I was gisting with a guy around december last year,more like he was seeking advice from me.But from the gist i was able to tap somethings and that change my plan for this year
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by erico2k2(m): 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2016
ATERI:

Why not, those doing it are human beings. They may actually be better than you-from the look of things
guy I say again relax, as far as you nor thief all Gel, Now you mentioned blackfriars,it brings back memory, I once worked as a porter in one high rise building there as a night porter 2001 earning £7 per hour, chie man don hustle.I don't know the name of the building but I remember Margaret thatcher's daughter lives on the 10th floor.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by erico2k2(m): 9:08pm On Apr 29, 2016
gypsey:
JSA na xtra collection B dat, howmuch?
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ATERI(m): 9:08pm On Apr 29, 2016
gypsey:

Yoruba folks are on JSA? I guess time to wish you good night!

1 Like

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 29, 2016
ATERI:

calm down man! was only joking, infact you are Right i don't work i am on Job seekers tongue
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by grandstar(m): 9:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
Dabss:
Ask her how much she pays for a plate of decent food or how much she pay for rent every month. That £200 can not get her what 40k can get in naija here.

Use your brains.
True. but must you insult Tippytop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ATERI(m): 9:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
erico2k2:

guy I say again relax, as far as you nor thief all Gel, Now you mentioned blackfriars,it brings back memory, I once worked as a porter in one high rise building there as a night porter 2001 earning £7 per hour, chie man don hustle.I don't know the name of the building but I remember Margaret thatcher's daughter lives on the 10th floor.

Then you moved to Haringey? What a progress. Have a wonderful evening!
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
ATERI:

Yoruba folks are on JSA? I guess time to wish you good night!
don't take me too serious. take care night night! grin grin
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by erico2k2(m): 9:15pm On Apr 29, 2016
ATERI:

Then you moved to Haringey? What a progress. Have a wonderful evening!
guy its what you do when you are studying abi? night work,yeh haringey these days less driving time to work.2001 to 2016 is 15 years shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ajewealth123:
my broda,I do go there for visiting and to relax my head away from all the naija noise and wahala
then try places like portsmouth or Isle of wight nice and clean air very polite, wellcoming and friendly people/place near the sea.

1 Like

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by grandstar(m): 9:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
Dollyak:
I laugh at those who thinks every Nigerian in Uk and us does blue collar jobs, in an attempt to feel smug or justify their failure in securing a Visa. Anyways, the average Nigerian in usa and UK is still many times richer than those in Nigeria. That's even ignoring the quality of life and security..
Britain is No 1 for social mobility for immigrants in Europe today

You are therefore correct!
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ajewealth123:
anytime I visit basildon road where my friends live,I can't but weep for them,I do give them money whenever am coming back home.if not for bad governance,the best place to earn and spend money his Nigeria.no too heavy taxation,easy and free movement and did they bother to tell u how they drink or how much drink is sold there? The harassment and embarrassment?
Bro.. i found out that everything is taxed in the UK .. from the TV you watch to the drinks you buy.. the country is just too regulated .. house rents are paid monthly (never yearly ) . owning more than a car is a burden rather than a luxury because dem go tax you join grin

1 Like

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by erico2k2(m): 9:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
CaptainECole:
Bro.. i found out that everything is taxed in the UK .. from the TV you watch to the drinks you buy.. the country is just too regulated .. house rents are paid monthly (never yearly ) . owning more than a car is a burden rather than a luxury because dem go tax you join grin
yes ohh hence everything works here,You can see your tax working.If you slip and fall cos of bad pavement you can take the council to court and they will pay you compensation.Na so e reach grin

1 Like

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Ajewealth123(m): 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
gypsey:
then try places like portsmouth or Isle of wight nice and clean air very polite, wellcoming and friendly people/place near the sea.
see people with adventurous mind like me,will try Portsmouth,have heard a lot about it
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
gypsey:
Agent? why do folks go to Agents? why not go and apply for every thing yourself? trust me An agent will not do any thing different appart from take money from you for some applications that are meant to be free. infact Agent has no power to Authorise or influence Any form of application.

It's because I don't know how it's done
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2016
gypsey:
Agent? why do folks go to Agents? why not go and apply for every thing yourself? trust me An agent will not do any thing different appart from take money from you for some applications that are meant to be free. infact Agent has no power to Authorise or influence Any form of application.

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
erico2k2:

yes ohh hence everything works here,You can see your tax working.If you slip and fall cos of bad pavement you can take the council to court and they will pay you compensation.Na so e reach grin
that's good.. at least your tax is working.
I.e. good roads
electricity, schools and etc
But the taxing is too much ooo grin
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2016
ADENIKETINA2015:

Go there then and ask, at the consulate or on the enternet every information is there.
even at the consulate every one is wellcomed to inqure its free part of their job is to help people with questions and infor. do not be afraid to ask them they are just humans as long as you are honest with your inquries.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by grandstar(m): 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2016
ATERI:

Be honest with me; since the release of Macpherson report that described The Metropolitan Police as institutionally racist, has anything changed in London with regard to how blacks in London are treated? Today, the Met has just over 3000 officers from the minority groups, that is 11% of the Met. BMG in london is over 40%. So what has changed since the death of Stephen Lawrence? Do you see my point? They like to deceive us that something has changed, but it hasn`t. The population of London is roughly 8 million, over 40% of which are minorities, why should the Metropolitan Police have 11% minorities in the force? You can see that there is no targeted recruitment; it doesn`t exist.

How many Ghanians or Malians does the Nigerian police have

Free them jare!

1 Like

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by erico2k2(m): 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2016
CaptainECole:
that's good.. at least your tax is working.
I.e. good roads
electricity, schools and etc
But the taxing is too much ooo grin
nah I don't ever regret paying on my wage slip today I paid£478.20 and national Insurance £319.56 and then pension funds £28.51, it might sound much but I can see my tax working

1 Like

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 9:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
gypsey:
Go there then and ask, at the consulate or on the enternet every information is there.
even at the consulate every one is wellcomed to inqure its free part of their job is to help people with questions and infor. do not be afraid to ask them they are just humans as long as you are honest with your inquries.

OK. Thanks a lot. I'm grateful.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
erico2k2:

nah I don't ever regret paying on my wage slip today I paid£478.20 and national Insurance £319.56 and then pension funds £28.51, it might sound much but I can see my tax working
yes,its working .. and worth it I must add
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by temitope06(m): 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
Adebola02:
I am also aspiring to study in London after completing my undergraduate studies here (through scholarship). But reports about racial discriminarion,high tax rate and work permit in UK is not encouraging. BTW i noticed there are more Yoruba's working in London according to this article.

I know you didn't ask but my candid advice is go somewhere else bro. Canada or Australia. Don't even think of UK except to go on a holiday or visiting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. / Peckham: The Ajegunle Of London / Graveyard Of Nigeria's Dead Airplanes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.