Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,675 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? (24794 Views)

FG To Reintroduce Tolls On Federal Highways / Fashola Lists 44 Highways, 63 Roads To Be Constructed In 3-Year Plan / The Two New Highways To Akwa Ibom Ikpeazu Just Started Constructing (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by atikubaba(m): 11:43am On Apr 30, 2016
They have a better terrain,the region is not waterlogged

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by dulux07(m): 11:43am On Apr 30, 2016
Simply cos their leaders remember their home grin. Onlike some. e.g OBJ who even failed to construct the road that leads to his home when he was president 4 8yrs.
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by netafric: 11:43am On Apr 30, 2016
DrSuleiman100:
Kwuption is more in the south than in the north

And yet 90% the people living in poverty in Nigeria live in the north. Please explain.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Smartgos(m): 11:43am On Apr 30, 2016
I think one major reason is, fewer cars are in the North than south

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by DrSuleiman100: 11:43am On Apr 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Northerners dont travel like the Southerners do
who told you that one
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Giftedcurse(m): 11:43am On Apr 30, 2016
Because when sai baba was PTF chairman he fixed most northern roads and don't forget the north in its entirety is half of Nigeria and they have been the ruling class
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Fugazi: 11:43am On Apr 30, 2016
Elijahrona2:
My brother... Leave matter for Mattias

Hausa people (North in general) although are corrupt, don't forsake the needs of their own people cause they've got unity than elsewhere whereas southern people, [b]even when asked to maintain their own village would eat the money.

Me am at Warri and I can't see the completed roads that uduaghan promised #voicemail.[/b]

So GEJ no build federal roads for SS? shocked shocked shocked

hahahaha at the bolded. Honestly though, the money GEJ used to silence Asari Fatkubo and his gangs of 40 thieves, Fatkubo used it to build an Islamic university in BENIN REPUBLIC.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by akatekpe(m): 11:43am On Apr 30, 2016
Because the had the highest number of past National leaders( President and other key positions) plus most contractors from the north given road projects in the north were/are not that corrupt like their southern counterparts
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Koko88(m): 11:43am On Apr 30, 2016
The northern politicians are responsible for that unlike the southern politicians that inflate contracts and still construct roads with inferior materials

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Jayceo(m): 11:43am On Apr 30, 2016
Because the North have more money than they need, I have been wondering why some Oil producing states financing the whole of Nigeria dont have money to pay salaries meanwhile these monies are distributed to the North which have a low workforce, its not right.. We should all fight for true federalism.. Everyman for himself, thats the solution to Nigerias Problem
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Xslaze3xd(m): 11:44am On Apr 30, 2016
Elijahrona2:
My brother... Leave matter for Mattias

Hausa people (North in general) although are corrupt, don't forsake the needs of their own people cause they've got unity than elsewhere whereas southern people, even when asked to maintain their own village would eat the money.

Me am at Warri and I can't see the completed roads that uduaghan promised #voicemail.
just look at that airport road down to water resources to shoprite side, uduaghan just spoilt the road,
I reside in Warri too
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by iornenge81(m): 11:44am On Apr 30, 2016
I have not traveled in a while
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 30, 2016
Fugazi:

So GEJ no build federal roads for SS? shocked shocked shocked

hahahaha at the bolded

Well, to be Frank eh, when I was traveling from Warri to port Harcourt, I noticed that bayelsa road had nothing good to write about. Delta and rivers government are trying in road maintenance than bayelsa
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 30, 2016
goingape:
because we don't plant juju on roads and break roads and be pretending to repair it.

we also don't set road blocks to rob people. that's why our road is far better than the South.

we also don't do diabolical means to stop road construction.

but u kill foreigners at d slightest chance and u send herdsmen to the south to come and destroy our farmlands

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by goshen26: 11:44am On Apr 30, 2016
Our brothers in the other regions are corrupt.....they eat up the contractors via bribe leafing to substandard project
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by samjadinero(m): 11:45am On Apr 30, 2016
Contractors on this dide(South) are rogues and no one cares. Just look at what SETRACO are doing on East - West road.
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Ramanto(m): 11:45am On Apr 30, 2016
compare the poverty level in both regions too, you will realize that poverty rate is higher in the Northern region. Meaning that you can't attribute the good condition of the Northern Roads to good governance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by akaahs(m): 11:45am On Apr 30, 2016
Bcause d north make sure all specification re followed without compromise.
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Xslaze3xd(m): 11:45am On Apr 30, 2016
Smartgos:
I think one major reason is, fewer cars are in the North than south
That's not true.
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Hafizufizy: 11:46am On Apr 30, 2016
Texcoco:
Because of gross neglect and decades of tribalism effeted by the northern rulers since the inception of this country...Tis the only reason why Northerners are more employable in the civil service and military...Strategic National institutions and facilities are placed in the North...Northern universities are better constructed and well funded than their southern counterparts...etc.
e pain a,

1 Like

Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 30, 2016
Xslaze3xd:

just look at that airport road down to water resources to shoprite side, uduaghan just spoilt the road,
I reside in Warri too

Cool bro. Uduaghan go put BTR for middle of main road lol.
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Hafizufizy: 11:46am On Apr 30, 2016
Texcoco:
Because of gross neglect and decades of tribalism effeted by the northern rulers since the inception of this country...Tis the only reason why Northerners are more employable in the civil service and military...Strategic National institutions and facilities are placed in the North...Northern universities are better constructed and well funded than their southern counterparts...etc.
e pain am

1 Like

Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Fugazi: 11:47am On Apr 30, 2016
Elijahrona2:

Well, to be Frank eh, when I was traveling from Warri to port Harcourt, I noticed that bayelsa road had nothing good to write about. Delta and rivers government are trying in road maintenance than bayelsa

That's what I've been hearing . hmmm
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by DrSuleiman100: 11:47am On Apr 30, 2016
apcmustwin:
Before this turns into tribal bashing, we have to understand that the topography of North and South are different. Northern States are not predisposed to erosion and other weathering conditions that destroys road.
see your mouth
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by phildee77(m): 11:47am On Apr 30, 2016
Truth is road users seem to be more in the south than in the north. My opinion though.

Truth is road users seem to be more in the south than in the north. My opinion though.

Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by mmsen: 11:48am On Apr 30, 2016
OP, why did you post a picture of a foreign road to make your dishonest point?

Why not post a picture of these wonderful northern 'highway's if they are so great?
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by amtaken(f): 11:48am On Apr 30, 2016
Have you been to Akwa Ibom State before?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Hafizufizy: 11:48am On Apr 30, 2016
ShineuEye:
Buhari as PTF chairman spent 80% of PTF money doing up northern roads. Northerners ruled Nigeria for 44yrs and you expect their roads to be substandard?
really? Your father self rule na
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 30, 2016
Fugazi:

That's what I've been hearing . hmmm

Am a southern but my guy know this.... Southerners can't control money. In fact, we can't control anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘crude Oil Production May Hit 2.3mbpd In Two Weeks / Keyamo: The Malpractice In Rivers State Doesn't Change Anything / N4.7bn Arms Funds Traced To Obanikoro, Fayose —EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.