Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,322 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? (24788 Views)

FG To Reintroduce Tolls On Federal Highways / Fashola Lists 44 Highways, 63 Roads To Be Constructed In 3-Year Plan / The Two New Highways To Akwa Ibom Ikpeazu Just Started Constructing (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Bluffly: 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
Delphi:
It's because of topography and climate. The composition of the subgrade on which the roads sit are different. The Southern's clay base are more failure prone because of its composition. Also, the volume/amount of rainfall (and traffic) on these areas is a significant causative factor to road failure. Know which of the two sides that has more rainfall and then know the side that the roads ought to fail more. There's also a lot that's beyond a layman's comprehension .
The truth is that these roads were poorly constructed. If you talk with of rain, what can we say of UK that have rain and snow or countries with a lot of snow. No excuse, these roads are poorly constructed
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Doclight(m): 6:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
Lol
mentorandfriend:
Just one journey, and you're beginning to form an opinion. Not so bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by nasha1(f): 7:00pm On Apr 30, 2016
tpiah11:
That picture is from Cameroon I think.

But northern highways are better than southern ones in general due to the topography and climate.

come and change it,job is waiting for u
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by DarkHenrie(m): 7:54pm On Apr 30, 2016
The roads in the north aren't as busy as those in the south. I'd love to think this is a major cause for such difference.
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by SIRJENTLE: 10:10pm On Apr 30, 2016
THE TRUTH IS THAT NOTHERN REPS, SENATORS, ELDERS AND STATESMEN ARE NOT SELFISH LIKE OURS.
THE MAKE USE OF NOTHERN FUNDS FOR THEIR BENEFIT.
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Kenechi1: 12:19am On May 01, 2016
Did you go pass Abuja -Kaduna expressway because that expressway is hell!
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by nativefowl(m): 2:19am On May 01, 2016
fcbonsai:
most contract that are carried out in the north r done without d cintractors needing to bribe a thousand and one entities but here in the south, any contractor will have to bribe virtually all the 'bribeable' individuals before he successfully completes the project...all the numerous bribes will affect thw project financially leading to substandard materials being used

na LIE its because the south has no enough Land.
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by Ate247(m): 7:18am On May 01, 2016
Elijahrona2:
My brother... Leave matter for Mattias

Hausa people (North in general) although are corrupt, don't forsake the needs of their own people cause they've got unity than elsewhere whereas southern people, even when asked to maintain their own village would eat the money.

Me am at Warri and I can't see the completed roads that uduaghan promised #voicemail.
There are still not developed compared 2 d south, despite having very rich and influential people. Their terrain is quite different, making dier roads last longer.
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by 1freshdude: 10:20am On May 02, 2016
handie:
Ministers of works 1999-2016.
Anthony Akhakon Anenih:1999–2003
Adeseye Ogunlewe, (July 2003–March 2006)
Obafemi Anibaba (March 2006–Sep 2006)
Cornelius Adebayo (Sep 2006–Jan 2007)
Hassan Muhammed Lawal (December 2008 -
March 2010)
Sen. Mohammed Sanusi Daggash(March 2010-July 2011).
Mike Oziegbe Onelememen(July 2011-May 2015).
Babatunde Raji Fashola(November 2015-date). In Nigeria's 17 years of democracy, Southerners have been ministers of works for 14 years.... And two of these ministers who accumulatively spent 8 years in office are from Edo state(a state with a high level of failed and bad federal roads).
Nigerian Presidents between 1999-2016: Olusegun Obasanjo(May 1999-May 2007)
Umaru Musa Yaradua(May 2007-May 2010]
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan(May 2010-May 2015)
Muhammadu Buhari(May 2015-date). The south have been in power for 12 of 16 years of Democracy. With this Evidence, Op the problem with Southern roads is the Southern leaders and elites.
ANOTHER BRILLIANT REASON GIVEN BY THIS BRILLIANT NLDER. God bless u @Akigbemaru
I shared the opinion/experience above, that guy just removed my moniker and reposted the message.
Re: Why Are Northern Highways Better Than Southern Ones? by OreMI22: 10:47am On May 02, 2016
SolaceAndexIII:
DISCLAIMER: This topic refers to the route from Warri to Kano Only please.

I travelled recently from Warri to Kano and here are my observation about the HighWays:-
Southern Part
From Warri passing through Benin by pass, Ekpoma, Auchi, Okpella and Okene straight to Lokoja
POTHOLES: About 60% of the Road is filled with potholes, very dangerous I must say.
DOUBLE LANE: Less than 35% of the Road is double laned, Not good Either.
------------------------------
Northern Part
From Lokoja passing through Abuja, Niger, Kaduna and Zaria straight to Kano.
POTHOLES: Less than 20% of the Road is filled with Potholes, at least this is good.
DOUBLE LANE: Up to 90% of the Road is double laned, a laudable feat.

Thats my analysis, what's your opinion guys.
SOURCE: My Journey to the North.

Nepotism of northerners using all the money got from the south to develop only their area.

GEJ also worsened things because he thought continuing with the northern leaders way of overwhelmingly using almost the entire federal budget to develop the north would appease them to vote for him. it did not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldiers, Policemen Storm Sahara Reporters’ Lagos Office - Sahara Reporters / How Wike Schemed His Way Into Tinubu’s Cabinet / Serious Fire Outbreak At Ebute Metta, Near 3rd Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.