Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,718 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (208367 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 2:17pm On May 03, 2016
SirWere:

We do not completely know, but the most reasonable explanation right now is the big bang theory.

The big bang is reasonable?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by otemanuduno: 2:22pm On May 03, 2016
Image123:

God does not expect that you reason like Him, in fact He says that you do not. Lemme remind you.
Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Always read the fine prints of a contract, or get someone to help you before signing. Anyone who knows God or knows the Word of God knows that you would not get everything you ask for everytime. When you understand someone or a process, it works better for you. For instance, the yorubas will say "i want to come and be going", that makes little sense or a contradiction to English grammar. Or for instance in an establishment or institution, they have their codes. The codes a pilot is hearing from the control tower may be in English but mean something very different to what you expect. Same way in every house, family, organisation, they have their ways of understanding one another. Anyone that understands and studies the Word of God will know that prayer has clauses. you don't just pick a verse or a couple of passages and run away. You study the whole Bible for a more rounded understanding. Jesus'disciples carried their mother to come and ask Jesus anything like He had promised, they were not given.
Mat 20:20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshiping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.
Mat 20:21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
Mat 20:22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
Mat 20:23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Paul prayed for something three times, he did not get the answer he wanted.
2Co 12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

They prayed for Timothy to be well, later on they had to tell him to take medicine for his infirmity. Trophimus was left at Miletus sick. David prayed and fasted for his sick son and the son died. And so many others. So someone coming here acting all shocked and becoming atheist because God did not answer his prayers was grossly ignorant of the Word of God. If you like from today till you die, ask God in faith to destroy hell fire, it will not be done. But God said you should ask anything in Jesus' name, or ask to be the president of the US. It is not everybody that will get a yes to that.

About the blind man not been healed, i cannot say why. Maybe healing the man's eyes wasn't a priority for God. Maybe God even helped him. Come to think of it, the blind man might actually still be a strong believer or may have died as one. Meanwhile, someone whose ego wasn't pampered is here weeping more than the bereaved. Maybe, his eyes can take eternal life away from him, and God just left him that way to see the kingdom. Because in Bible, if your eye or hand etc offend you, cut it off as it were. Affliction and afflicted people are usually close to God and trust God and believe God than people who have no challenges. Annie Johnson Flint was a paraplegic who served God despite much affliction, a story is quite a touching one. And so are many others.

I quote the book of Knoliud 15:32-43

32. The creatures of the past shall benefit those of the future, and without the past creatures, the future creatures shall not survive.

33. And in millions of years to come, the future people shall get almost all their energies from the people of the past.

34. Only the energy of the sun shall surpass the energies to get from the creatures of the past.

35. This is the purpose of death; for without death shall no man benefit. And those who are not afraid of dying shall be the only ones to be empowered.

36. For the fear of death shall bring about the limitation of knowledge and power.

37. And in the future shall many be made to fear death by one of the sons of God.

38. He shall forbid them do things that will make them use their brains, but instead, he shall set leaders over them to put their intentions into check such that they shall invent no single thing.

39. They shall also not discover any work of God because they shall think it as abomination and evil to discover the works of God.

40. And they shall die in their ignorances, creating no useful impact in the world but noise.

41. And they shall not invent anything but noise while they use the inventions of the people that are not afraid of death. Yet they shall condemn the people whose inventions they are using.

42. And when Knoliud was still saying all these, Nymphidis{Yahweh} began to smile greatly to himself.

Yahweh is just a son to Reverad the real God, yet he brags so much as if he is powerful. Mumu Yahweh.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by nynbrada: 2:23pm On May 03, 2016
johnydon22:

That's why i keep ringing, it is dangerous for faith for a religious mind to debate an atheist no matter how absurdly strong you think your faith.

It may take long years but one day you will question the things you believe

Johnydon Baba, just cool down for yourself. Stop sounding over confident with this your presumption.

I'm putting it to you that the day you meet with me one on one and have a rapport wit me, all these your atheistic worldview would be smashed to smitherines in the proccess of time. Suffice it to say that there are Christian and levels of Christians.

That apart, i look foward to giving you a "holla" for some stuffs like that, alongside my brother KingEbukasBlog when the time is right and most importantly Gods willing.

For Hardmirror all i will say to you now is to cool down for Jesus.

Fact: you are going through a very rough patch in your relationship with God.

Cause: God wasn't reponding to certain things you where expecting from him at the course of ministry, e.g the healing saga you mentioned, your view on his position and personal effort in saving the lost and maybe other reasons you are yet to mention.

Problem1: you were trying to engage him with human logic to evaluate his own side of contribution and faithfulness to his word as far as salvation is concerned and to make matter worse you were unknowingly doing it with a spirit of pride.
Absolving yourself whenever there is a shortcoming and passing the buck at God.

Solution: you can never rationalize Gods way with human logic. Always remember his ways are not your way and his thought not your thought. Faith and Logic don't mix. Also even if even if in your weak moment you want to engage him logically, do it with a sense of humility, then he will answer you one way or the other at his own time. He is the boss, he runs the show and calls the shot.

Problem 2: This unsavoury relationship has now led you to believe that all those manifestation of the Spirit you had durning days of ministration are something any one can do if they decide to trian and develop themselve in doing it.

Fact: Not true and partially true.

Not true - because what you experienced was the literal power of God based on his level of anionting upon you. Man cannot of his own natural abiltity do those things.

Partially true - because man can tap into the spiritual realm thru the back door e.g, native doctors, psychics, the occults etc.
But when you go through these back doors, you subject yourself to demonic manipulation.
The guy you talked about that was communicating with the dead was only doing it thru demonic medium. You know it to be so but now the devil has blinded you into thinking the fellow did it because of natural abilities and even now you now think that the issue of witches are nothing but religious unsavoury fantasies. But i wii only ask you these, do you believe the occultic world is real, if not what do you have to say about Ogboni fraternity and the likes.

You also talked about still speaking in tongue whenever you feel disturbed, well i can guarante you that if you do not return to the lord that gift will sooner or later die naturally or just dry up and if you try to force it the highest you will get will be a demonic possession of your spirit causing you to speak in esotoric language. I'm not trying to invoke fear into you but i'm feeding you spiritual realities you are probably not aware of.

Moreso if you think those healing you experienced were not Gods making but as a result of your own natural gift and ability i humbly challenge you to go and try and heal the sick or seek healing for your personal self without looking up to God and see if you wii get any result.

Final Bullet: I counsel you to try and retrace your step back to the Lord. His has worked through you once, he is still willing to do it again and maybe in a bigger way.

Note, don't be deceived by these atheists here on NL showering you with kind and encouraging words, some of them may wound up being ministers of the gospel tomorrow. Especially johnydon22.

Take good care.

8 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by davien(m): 2:24pm On May 03, 2016
Image123:

The big bang is reasonable?
In the context of science yes, but for the uneducated or willfully ignorant no...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 2:28pm On May 03, 2016
otemanuduno:

The supernatural is indeed real. All the gods indeed existed, including your god called Yahweh/Allah who is the most jealous of them all. After the First world was over, the real God, Domino Reverad commanded that the gods should not have anything to do with humans again. And all the gods, from the history of the past events of the past world of the home erectus, etc. which they have gathered, they made up books. Yahweh made up his own also, copying from other gods like Krish(hence the word Christ), Brahma(changed to Abraham), Asherah(goddess edited to Sarah), god called Sol(hence a change of name to Saul, then to Paul), Appolo(left unchanged but used in the Bible), Sin(changed to mean evil).

Now the WORD was with Yahweh already. What was left for him was to control our own world with that word. Then he began to give these word to the scribes to write them down. Little wonder it was written that ANY SPIRIT THAT SAYS JESUS DOES NOT COME IN THE FLESH IS AN ANTICHRIST.
you know, when you know that people will suspect you, you put down stuffs like that. And the funniest aspect of it is Hebrews 11. Faith is the SUBSTANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR, THE EVIDENCE OF THINGS NOT SEEN.

All the people who existed thousands of years before JESUS CHRIST have been seen in the books of histories and their images are everywhere, but JESUS CHRIST and all his disciples are totally NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. not even a single picture of our loving JESUS was found, yet they made him king of KINGS and he rode on donkey. LIARS.

I PITY PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST ACTUALLY CAME IN THE FLESH IN THIS OUR OWN WORLD.

Oops, what exactly do you want?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by otemanuduno: 2:31pm On May 03, 2016
davien:
In the context of science yes, but for the uneducated or willfully ignorant no...
The Big Bang is made by the true GOD called DOMINO REVERAD, Yahweh is just a disobedience son of his.
Read full story from this link: www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 2:36pm On May 03, 2016
davien:

About 4.6billion years ago, does that even make sense? Anyway, earth suddenly evolved from a conglomerate of chunks into continents and ocean and atmosphere etc due to collision and radioactive decay. Temperature rose to 2000'C bla bla bla. This is absolute poppycock though i scored an A or so writing this thrash. Sir, it is unreasonable.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by davien(m): 2:38pm On May 03, 2016
otemanuduno:
The Big Bang is made by the true GOD called DOMINO REVERAD, Yahweh is just a disobedience son of his.
I've been in your shoes before,an annunaki conspiracy theoriest nutjob...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by davien(m): 2:43pm On May 03, 2016
Image123:

About 4.6billion years ago, does that even make sense? Anyway, earth suddenly evolved from a conglomerate of chunks into continents and ocean and atmosphere etc due to collision and radioactive decay. Temperature rose to 2000'C bla bla bla. This is absolute poppycock though i scored an A or so writing this thrash. Sir, it is unreasonable.
Unreasonable to the ignorant of processes such as the tectonic activities that shape the planet and isotopic cross-correlations that make the earth 4.65 billion years old, etc... Go open a book other than fairy tales and get the education you clearly need on these subjects...

4 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by otemanuduno: 2:45pm On May 03, 2016
davien:
I've been in your shoes before,an annunaki conspiracy theoriest nutjob...
And you are now back into the shoes of those pastors and afas who has never invented a single thing in their lives but noise. EL RUFAI, thank you so much. THE KINGDOM OF REVERAD is already here.

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by davien(m): 2:47pm On May 03, 2016
otemanuduno:
And you are now back into the shoes of those pastors and afas who has never invented a single thing in their lives but noise. EL RUFAI, thank you so much. THE KINGDOM OF REVERAD is already here.
I'm an atheist buddy...
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by tohpahz(f): 2:53pm On May 03, 2016
NiRfreak:
Lets be wary of our questions, it exposes the level of our intellect too quickly......(pained)

May d Lord God himself gv u d spirit of sarcasm Nd humor. .
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by spacyzuma(m): 2:59pm On May 03, 2016
analice107:

Christians converts unbelievers, Satan converts Chritians. Weldone, your reward is great in hellfire.
Deep down, when none of us is with you, you know how much you mean to satan. you know, so dont come here a pretend about being an atheist who do not believe in satan. All the witches and Wizards are right here on nl pretending to be atheists, why wont any of you for once declare openly to being a practicing Witch or Wizard rather than being an atheist? O sorry, Sarassin did.

LMAO grin grin

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 03, 2016
People spend decades searching for God in forms constructed by their minds. And when they cant find the God of their mental creation they say HE doesnt exist. Keep an open mind. What you find is what you are. You have been searching for yourself all along.

Soul is that photon from the infinite source. You do not have a soul. You are soul. You have a body. Soul is God experiencing the universe. We are souls in different bodies experiencing creation. We are God experiencing physical reality. When you truly realize this truth, life as we call it will be at your command.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by herald9: 3:05pm On May 03, 2016
otemanuduno:

I quote the book of Knoliud 15:32-43

32. The creatures of the past shall benefit those of the future, and without the past creatures, the future creatures shall not survive.

33. And in millions of years to come, the future people shall get almost all their energies from the people of the past.

34. Only the energy of the sun shall surpass the energies to get from the creatures of the past.

35. This is the purpose of death; for without death shall no man benefit. And those who are not afraid of dying shall be the only ones to be empowered.

36. For the fear of death shall bring about the limitation of knowledge and power.

37. And in the future shall many be made to fear death by one of the sons of God.

38. He shall forbid them do things that will make them use their brains, but instead, he shall set leaders over them to put their intentions into check such that they shall invent no single thing.

39. They shall also not discover any work of God because they shall think it as abomination and evil to discover the works of God.

40. And they shall die in their ignorances, creating no useful impact in the world but noise.

41. And they shall not invent anything but noise while they use the inventions of the people that are not afraid of death. Yet they shall condemn the people whose inventions they are using.

42. And when Knoliud was still saying all these, Nymphidis{Yahweh} began to smile greatly to himself.

Yahweh is just a son to Reverad the real God, yet he brags so much as if he is powerful. Mumu Yahweh.
What is this Knoliud? It sounds knowledgeable.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by earthrealm(m): 3:14pm On May 03, 2016
Choosing to believe God is a choice..its only the Holy spirit that can convict any1.
Christians shud stop trying to convince people with logic or intelligence.
I hv gone tru agnoist.atheism n now am at my final bus stop..a believer in Christ Jesus..
Any satanist who doesnt believe in the existence of God is simply deluded n isn5 being true to himself

Dr. Ben Carson (Retired world renowned neurosurgeon, and
Republican Presidential Aspirant) wrote this beautiful piece.
Read and be blessed.

Sometimes you are unsatisfied with your life, while many
people in this world are dreaming of living your life.
A child on a farm sees a plane fly overhead and dreams of
flying. But, a pilot on the plane sees the farmhouse and
dreams of returning home. That's life!! Enjoy yours.
If wealth is the secret to happiness, then the rich should be
dancing on the streets. But only poor kids do that.
If power ensures security, then officials should walk
unguarded. But those who live simply, sleep soundly.
If beauty and fame bring ideal relationships, then celebrities
should have the best marriages. But those who live simply,
walk humbly and love genuinely!
All good will come back to you!!!
Man asks, “Where was God when Myles Munroe, wife and
his associates were killed in a crash? He answers, "The
same place I
sat when John the Baptist my servant was beheaded. When
Stephen my servant was stoned to death. When Paul my
servant was murdered in Rome. The same place I sat when
my only Son was brutally crucified, wounded, bruised and
killed. I
have not moved from my position."
I am the same. It is not the means of exit from earth that
matters but the
destination. Live simply. It's all about God!!

5 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 3:16pm On May 03, 2016
nynbrada:

Johnydon Baba, just cool down for yourself. Stop sounding over confident with this your presumption.

I'm putting it to you that the day you meet with me one on one and have a rapport wit me, all these your atheistic worldview would be smashed to smitherines in the proccess of time. Suffice it to say that there are Christian and levels of Christians.

That apart, i look foward to giving you a "holla" for some stuffs like that, alongside my brother KingEbukasBlog when the time is right and most importantly Gods willing.

For Hardmirror all i will say to you now is to cool down for Jesus.

Fact: you are going through a very rough patch in your relationship with God.

Cause: God wasn't reponding to certain things you where expecting from him at the course of ministry, e.g the healing saga you mentioned, your view on his position and personal effort in saving the lost and maybe other reasons you are yet to mention.

Problem1: you were trying to engage him with human logic to evaluate his own side of contribution and faithfulness to his word as far as salvation is concerned and to make matter worse you were unknowingly doing it with a spirit of pride.
Absolving yourself whenever there is a shortcoming and passing the buck at God.

Solution: you can never rationalize Gods way with human logic. Always remember his ways are not your way and his thought not your thought. Faith and Logic don't mix. Also even if even if in your weak moment you want to engage him logically, do it with a sense of humility, then he will answer you one way or the other at his own time. He is the boss, he runs the show and calls the shot.

Problem 2: This unsavoury relationship has now led you to believe that all those manifestation of the Spirit you had durning days of ministration are something any one can do if they decide to trian and develop themselve in doing it.

Fact: Not true and partially true.

Not true - because what you experienced was the literal power of God based on his level of anionting upon you. Man cannot of his own natural abiltity do those things.

Partially true - because man can tap into the spiritual realm thru the back door e.g, native doctors, psychics, the occults etc.
But when you go through these back doors, you subject yourself to demonic manipulation.
The guy you talked about that was communicating with the dead was only doing it thru demonic medium. You know it to be so but now the devil has blinded you into thinking the fellow did it because of natural abilities and even now you now think that the issue of witches are nothing but religious unsavoury fantasies. But i wii only ask you these, do you believe the occultic world is real, if not what do you have to say about Ogboni fraternity and the likes.

You also talked about still speaking in tongue whenever you feel disturbed, well i can guarante you that if you do not return to the lord that gift will sooner or later die naturally or just dry up and if you try to force it the highest you will get will be a demonic possession of your spirit causing you to speak in esotoric language. I'm not trying to invoke fear into you but i'm feeding you spiritual realities you are probably not aware of.

Moreso if you think those healing you experienced were not Gods making but as a result of your own natural gift and ability i humbly challenge you to go and try and heal the sick or seek healing for your personal self without looking up to God and see if you wii get any result.

Final Bullet: I counsel you to try and retrace your step back to the Lord. His has worked through you once, he is still willing to do it again and maybe in a bigger way.

Note, don't be deceived by these atheists here on NL showering you with kind and encouraging words, some of them may wound up being ministers of the gospel tomorrow. Especially johnydon22.

Take good care.

Hahahahaha there is nothing Johnydon22 will not see on NL.. #sighs K

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by nynbrada: 3:17pm On May 03, 2016
Image123:

God does not expect that you reason like Him, in fact He says that you do not. Lemme remind you.
Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Always read the fine prints of a contract, or get someone to help you before signing. Anyone who knows God or knows the Word of God knows that you would not get everything you ask for everytime. When you understand someone or a process, it works better for you. For instance, the yorubas will say "i want to come and be going", that makes little sense or a contradiction to English grammar. Or for instance in an establishment or institution, they have their codes. The codes a pilot is hearing from the control tower may be in English but mean something very different to what you expect. Same way in every house, family, organisation, they have their ways of understanding one another. Anyone that understands and studies the Word of God will know that prayer has clauses. you don't just pick a verse or a couple of passages and run away. You study the whole Bible for a more rounded understanding. Jesus'disciples carried their mother to come and ask Jesus anything like He had promised, they were not given.
Mat 20:20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshiping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.
Mat 20:21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
Mat 20:22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
Mat 20:23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Paul prayed for something three times, he did not get the answer he wanted.
2Co 12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

They prayed for Timothy to be well, later on they had to tell him to take medicine for his infirmity. Trophimus was left at Miletus sick. David prayed and fasted for his sick son and the son died. And so many others. So someone coming here acting all shocked and becoming atheist because God did not answer his prayers was grossly ignorant of the Word of God. If you like from today till you die, ask God in faith to destroy hell fire, it will not be done. But God said you should ask anything in Jesus' name, or ask to be the president of the US. It is not everybody that will get a yes to that.

About the blind man not been healed, i cannot say why. Maybe healing the man's eyes wasn't a priority for God. Maybe God even helped him. Come to think of it, the blind man might actually still be a strong believer or may have died as one. Meanwhile, someone whose ego wasn't pampered is here weeping more than the bereaved. Maybe, his eyes can take eternal life away from him, and God just left him that way to see the kingdom. Because in Bible, if your eye or hand etc offend you, cut it off as it were. Affliction and afflicted people are usually close to God and trust God and believe God than people who have no challenges. Annie Johnson Flint was a paraplegic who served God despite much affliction, a story is quite a touching one. And so are many others.

God you bless for these

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by otemanuduno: 3:31pm On May 03, 2016
davien:
I'm an atheist buddy...
better...hell fire is not for atheists because they don't believe in it and support it. Hell fire is like an hallucination made to look very real by the sulphur and phosphorus part of the brain. When those who believes that they might get to hell fire dies, this belief will toil with their brains and set them on fire until they are able to shake themselves off it and get out of it. Then their souls will go to the right place after death.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by urahara(m): 3:32pm On May 03, 2016
otemanuduno:

You and this ur yeye domino reverad

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by beejaay: 3:38pm On May 03, 2016
Ghost01:
The last sentence in your comment reminds me of these lines in Colleen McCullogh's The First Man In Rome:

"What was life except the procreation principle and what was death save its extinction? All else are decorations - the furbelows men invented to convince themselves life and death must mean more."

it amuse me thinking about it all together...the sweat and blood, the energy exerted to achieve something and write our names in gold, sleepless night of wanting to arrive, the ego of being the best after we are all gone will eventually be for naught.....
whether we like it or not the earth will someday burst (it doesnt matter when).....of what usefulness is the achievement of Newton, Einstein, Faraday, Aristotle TO Newton, Einstein,Faraday and Aristotle now? we talked and glorify their names 'SO WHAT' (HOW DOES IT BENEFIT THEM NOW?)....
life means nothing because its nothing and we all know this deep down, religions, afterlife, god, satan are created out fear of accepting the true reality

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by kumulus(m): 3:43pm On May 03, 2016
Too many thoughts my minds processing and now I don't know which I should share but this......
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by freecocoa(f): 3:43pm On May 03, 2016
Lessonteacher:
can you be too sure about God not existing? What if u were wrong? Don't you think matters like thez are deeper than our imagination? If you think the bible story is fairy tale, can you tell us the real one about how everything came to be?
The fact that he doesn't know how it ll began(no one actually absolutely does) doesn't mean your God did it.

The fact remains that your religious claims (I'd like to think you are a christian) has been proven to be a big lie.

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 03, 2016
analice107:

Christians converts unbelievers, Satan converts Chritians. Weldone, your reward is great in hellfire.
Deep down, when none of us is with you, you know how much you mean to satan. you know, so dont come here a pretend about being an atheist who do not believe in satan. All the witches and Wizards are right here on nl pretending to be atheists, why wont any of you for once declare openly to being a practicing Witch or Wizard rather than being an atheist? O sorry, Sarassin did.

Hehehe…caro mio analice107. You know I quite admire your proselytizing zeal, I think if God himself required a procurator to dissemble his views he could do a lot worse than sending you down to earth. Still I would ask that you get your facts right if indeed you must give my moniker a mention as you are wont to do. What exactly are you accusing me of this time? atheism, witchcraft or wizardry? thanking you kindly ma'am.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by nynbrada: 3:49pm On May 03, 2016
otemanuduno:

Funny guy.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by urahara(m): 3:49pm On May 03, 2016
Sarassin:

Hehehe…caro mio analice107. You know I quite admire your proselytizing zeal, I think if God himself required a procurator to dissemble his views he could do a lot worse than sending you down to earth. Still I would ask that you get your facts right if indeed you must give my moniker a mention as you are wont to do. What exactly are you accusing me of this time? atheism, witchcraft or wizardry? thanking you kindly ma'am.

Just leave her alone . she has shown that she is extremely zealous for her dead boo boo , jesus
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by olumose001(m): 3:58pm On May 03, 2016
This post reminds me of an atheist whose last words were "OH MY GOD"... Funny grin
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by JustStardust: 4:00pm On May 03, 2016
beejaay:

it amuse me thinking about it all together...the sweat and blood, the energy exerted to achieve something and write our names in gold, sleepless night of wanting to arrive, the ego of being the best after we are all gone will eventually be for naught.....
whether we like it or not the earth will someday burst (it doesnt matter when).....of what usefulness is the achievement of Newton, Einstein, Faraday, Aristotle TO Newton, Einstein,Faraday and Aristotle now? we talked and glorify their names 'SO WHAT' (HOW DOES IT BENEFIT THEM NOW?)....
life means nothing because its nothing and we all know this deep down, religions, afterlife, god, satan are created out fear of accepting the true reality

Such a brand of immortality is enough for me. We live, then we die. End of story. Life means nothing, yes. But everyday we make our own meanings out of life. To ourselves, to others we help. Immortality is stretching out to touch the lives of other people positively and it's enough. No need for furnaces or hymn-singing that never Ends-pathetic stuff.

Knowing I as I may never have been born is a beautiful miracle in itself. Many will never be born. (random genetics). Its not Because we are special or anything. Its just that we won a lottery to see all this. We may choose to keep it simple or make it complex. Unfortunately almost everyone has chosen the latter.

And about the obsession of religionists or theists with deathbeds and the afterlife cause they can't fathom death, I ask; where we're u before u were born. No where! U did not exist! And the exact same thing will happen when u die. U gone! Chemicals and all...stop working!

Consider a thought experiment. Say you are in Nigeria. Now there is a whole troop of people in India going about their daily lives. These people don't know you. They ve never heard of u. And unless u do smth outstanding or extraordinary( not that it's compulsory) they never will. They won't lose sleep over you and the globe will keep spinning. Why then are we so pretentious to believe we must continue to Exist in one form or another? Isn't that too pompous a thought? One that has given birth to so many variants on eternity and the afterlife; Each one more ridiculous than the last!!!

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 4:00pm On May 03, 2016
davien:
Unreasonable to the ignorant of processes such as the tectonic activities that shape the planet and isotopic cross-correlations that make the earth 4.65 billion years old, etc... Go open a book other than fairy tales and get the education you clearly need on these subjects...

That's not the big bang, don't be sharper than your self.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by deekseen(m): 4:15pm On May 03, 2016
HardMirror:

[size=32pt] EXACTLY![/size]

grin grin grin grin

Some are here scurrying for errors to pick from my profile, my posts. They are desperately looking for anything to discredit this thread.
After all done and nothing tangible to hold on to, the begin to define me.

If the story had been
"Oh I hate god, he allowed my mother to die, I won't serve him again." They would have believed.

It is just so impossible for them to wrap their heads on the fact that a fruitful, grounded christian can end up ditching the bible.

Abeg I no fit shout jare grin
Nice work so far, OP. First, I want you to know that I believe everything you have poured out so far. I have not come to condemn you or commend you (like a sister said earlier). I'm just very curious. Could you please answer the following questions to make some of your points and the reason for your sojourn very clear?

1. Are you now truly an atheist or you just demoted yourself to being less than a Christian? I ask because you keep sounding like you know there's a God but you don't trust Him because of something He did (or didn't do). Please clarify.

2. You said there is so much suffering in the world and God didn't have the answers to it if He really existed. My brother, since becoming an atheist, by how much have you reduced this suffering in the world?

3. Has your new found faith revealed all the TRUTH about life to you?

4. You also said the GREAT COMMISSION was a scam. (Mind you, God didn't put the burden on Christ to round the world to preach or save all men. Neither did Christ put it on any one disciple to reach the ends of the world with the gospel. Christ's part finished on the cross and the disciples were commanded to make disciples and teach them to do the same thing.) Since you claim you have found the truth, why now don't you want to spread the truth and save humanity, because in an earlier post you preferred you were few that knew the truth?

These are innocent questions and I need answers to settle all the parts of this thread where you were not very clear.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Chazzyboy: 4:27pm On May 03, 2016
HardMirror:

This thread is not for everybody. So don't feel compelled to comment. It concerns a lot of people.
my brother everybody on earth is facing one problem or another right now no one is perfect but I tell u now to getup from ur slumber I believe we exist for a reason u need to hang unto something. I have been through a lot but there is God and I won't give up because of hardship.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by wirinet(m): 4:32pm On May 03, 2016
Image123:

Omo, see ignorance being advertised. where did you read that the big bang started 4.6 billion years ago?
Who told you that the earth suddenly evolved from a conglomerate of chunks into continents and ocean and atmosphere etc due to collision and radioactive decay ? I even wonder what the gibberish you wrote above means. Are you sure you are sober or mentally stable, i suggest you test for cerebral malaria. To cap your ridiculous understanding of cosmology, you said you got A writing this trash.

If you need basic education on the big bang theory, a kind nairalander has provided free lessons here -https://www.nairaland.com/3080255/physics-seun-understanding-scientific-theories .

Take this advantage to educate yourself and stop spewing ignorance about.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (90) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.