Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) (53093 Views)

Prophet Mboro Asks Members To Wave Their Pants And Touch Their Private Parts / "Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React / Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 01, 2016
This is the biggest lie I have seen.

Guy, satan dey tremble for this your lie.

Gerarahia
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by donem: 6:23pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:
Hahahaha..well, we'll see what happen next week..A bro says he'll leave the church if he tries anything funny. Come to think of it, this is a renowned church denomination with branches almost in every town in Nigeria.
let me guess the church, = Winners Chapel, acknowledge if am right.
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by AreaFada2: 6:25pm On May 01, 2016
Op, have you never heard of KYC, know your customer? Your pastor doesn't want any rough or monkey business. An astute businessman if you ask me.

I hope you don't go to these churches these days expecting morality, christian sacrifice and long suffering. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Optimisticgondy(m): 6:25pm On May 01, 2016
anigold:

before i believe this your story what is the name of your church and who is the pastor, where is your church located...
I can only ask God to severely deal with me if this is a lie against my church. It's still unbelievable cos I hold the pastor in high esteem. I only raised it here cos i go to church to serve God and not any Pastor, and this has helped me not to believe some pastors hook, line and sinker lest I become brainwashed

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by mamaafrik(m): 6:27pm On May 01, 2016
Heheheh,bet it with me,more than 30% people no go com choosh next sunday,that guy may me jassing u folk,jesus never coerced his followers to pay,kini titie se wa je??,awon pasito aashajeun ti koni si bilisi.
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by anigold(m): 6:27pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:
I can only ask God to severely deal with me if this is a lie against my church. It's still unbelievable cos I hold the pastor in high esteem. I only raised it here cos i go to church to serve God and not any Pastor, and this has helped me not to believe some pastors hook, line and sinker lest I become brainwashed
you have not answered my question...
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Optimisticgondy(m): 6:28pm On May 01, 2016
tunderule2016:
This can be seen in two ways!!!! maybe if you really explain how your pastor put it down to the congregation!!!

He might be willing to help ppl who does not tithe because this is a secret which a lot of people ignore tithing and i can say i am one of the people who does not tithe but earlier this year i made a convenant with God that i will tithe and i have been faithful with it .

On the other hand the pastor might be wanting the tithe for himself... But God in is wisdom says though shall not Judge...

If a Lecturer as you to pay for handout do we question the lecturers no.. because he is a Dr in his field and he knows the handout is important...so maybe you should see the light that he is trying to guide your members to a greater course..
One thing is certain if u r giving tithe you are giving it to God so make he chop am or not .. God sees your heart..

You may be right, Sir. That's why i cant leave the church for now; if you ask me, he's a real man of God, but you know, human beings do change at times, so that's why I don't trust people 100%
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by adimoh99(m): 6:28pm On May 01, 2016
Pastor: The kingdom of suffereth violence and the violent ones taketh it by force. whether you like it or not you must pay your tithe by fire by force worehell...

Members: Which kind wahala be this oo I for no come church today oo. My body Dey tell me but I no listen.

AM sure so many member Will give 10k as there pay... Chai dearis God oo
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Rastamann: 6:31pm On May 01, 2016
Do not judge other says the Lord. So let the Lord be the judge.
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Optimisticgondy(m): 6:34pm On May 01, 2016
Serenity008:
This is the biggest lie I have seen.

Guy, satan dey tremble for this your lie.

Gerarahia
LOL..what do I stand to gain from lying against my church? It's in the Bible that such lies are lies against Holy Spirit and such sins can't be forgiven. It's just that I'm not a chronic Christian who can just be brainwashed, that's why i have to post it here
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by primeache: 6:38pm On May 01, 2016
your pastor should have asked them to bring their payslip for blessing.
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Optimisticgondy(m): 6:38pm On May 01, 2016
anigold:

you have not answered my question...
You dont need to know it, Sir; whether u believe me or not, that won't add anything to your account
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Optimisticgondy(m): 6:39pm On May 01, 2016
donem:

let me guess the church, = Winners Chapel, acknowledge if am right.
Not right. Let's forget about church and pastor's name for now.
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by blaquemyc: 6:40pm On May 01, 2016
i don't even pay tithe. I'd rather give my 10% to beggars than give it to any pastor whether called by God or self anointed

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Optimisticgondy(m): 6:40pm On May 01, 2016
primeache:
your pastor should have asked them to bring their payslip for blessing.
LOL..I was disappointed, walahi
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 01, 2016
+1

SmooshCHN:
That's the last time I'll set my foot in that church.
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by JennyB22(f): 6:48pm On May 01, 2016
Tank jah deres nothing like tithing in my church nothing one will not see or hear

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by andyanders: 6:49pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:
This Happened In My Church Today

Pastor preached about tithing in church today, and after sermon, he asked all salary earners (private and public) to stand.

To my utmost perplexity, he (the Pastor) directed the Secretary to start writing their NAMES and their MONTHLY SALARIES respectively.

Will he start coercing them to pay tithes to him personally based on their monthly salaries or what? Is it compulsory for a Pastor to know his members' salaries? What does he want to do with it?
These are some of the questions that ran through my mind in church then. Till this moment, I seem not to know his intention until next week. I wonder what churches are turning to these days.

Does anyone have an idea of what he will likely do with their names and monthly salaries?

Your Pastor is nothing but a thief. Any pastor coercing his members to give money in any form is notthing but a robber.

Your pastor already shown you who he is.If I see him personally, I will call him a thief. Let him say whatever he wants to say.

OP, your Pastor is a Modern day Bible Robber.

Op, can you tell me the church?

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Adesiji77: 6:49pm On May 01, 2016
@Optimisticgondy

Isn't it obvious? If true, he is simply taking tithing to another "level"... lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Doubleagent008(m): 6:53pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:

Pastor preached about tithing in church today, and after sermon, he asked all salary earners (private and public) to stand.

To my utmost perplexity, he (the Pastor) directed the Secretary to start writing their NAMES and their MONTHLY SALARIES respectively.

Will he start coercing them to pay tithes to him personally based on their monthly salaries or what? Is it compulsory for a Pastor to know his members' salaries? What does he want to do with it?
These are some of the questions that ran through my mind in church then. Till this moment, I seem not to know his intention until next week. I wonder what churches are turning to these days.

Does anyone have an idea of what he will likely do with their names and monthly salaries?

if true,that's just unnecessary no matter the seemingly good intention. Tithing is between u and God. It's God that will choose to bless when u pay and otherwise not the pastor.
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by franklynsunny(m): 6:54pm On May 01, 2016
Ur pastor na tif
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by menxer: 6:57pm On May 01, 2016
Blessings from God has become a commodity to be bought and sold, and one means of payment is paying tithe in church. SMH

Yet, we forget the bible portion that talks about the blessings of God that adds no sorrow (terms and conditions).

I wonder if Jesus or John the Baptist collected tithes from his followers.

A Cardinal teaching of Jesus the Christ, love your neighbour as yourself, is no longer a message worth preaching.

Now it is love your pastor by sowing seeds of money into his life.

Sometimes my heart aches as I sit in church and hear the manipulative words from the pulpit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by efikoefiko(m): 6:59pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:

Is not everybody that believe in tithe.
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:
Hahahaha..well, we'll see what happen next week..A bro says he'll leave the church if he tries anything funny. Come to think of it, this is a renowned church denomination with branches almost in every town in Nigeria.
That is RCCG. That church is something.
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Saylawchar(m): 7:09pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:

End time pastors..... you better look for a better church to fellowship with and not all these self acclaimed pastors that their sermons are always about prosperity
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by dikeigbo2(m): 7:16pm On May 01, 2016
The pastor only want to compare and contrast grin grin grin
So be rest assured, low income earners will be uplifted and high earners will will augment the non haves.....as my mind tells me but if the other way round holy ghost fire grin
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by larryhil: 7:17pm On May 01, 2016
The pastor wants to Project his income for the month by robbing God. Pls all who love and fear God should get back to the word of God "The Bible" and see the instruction on how U must tithe. Titheing is feasting before God is his House and not payment. If U pay U have robbed God and the repercussions in Malachi 3: 3- 10 shall apply to one. Pls make the word of God and the Holy Spirit Ur guide rather than business Pastors (Business Men)
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by NaijaCuzin: 7:20pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:

[size=20pt]dats nothing, u don go church wey dem dey collect money b4 praying, collect 3 sets of offering + tithe [/size]
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by tunderule2016: 7:25pm On May 01, 2016
Then follow your heart and God.... but i can tell you tithing is important....in so many ways....

The Principles of plenty (Prov. 3:9–10)

Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce; then your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will be bursting with wine.

Offerings and tithes (Deut. 12:5–6)

But you shall seek the place that the Lord your God will choose out of all your tribes to put his name and make his habitation there. There you shall go, and there you shall bring your burnt offerings and your sacrifices, your tithes and the contribution that you present, your vow offerings, your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your herd and of your flock.

The tithe was not a volitional offering. The ten percent off the top belonged to God and the Israelites simply repaid it. But this wasn’t the only obligatory tithe. They also tithed to support a special jubilee festival (Deut. 12) and took a third tithe every three years to take care of orphans, widows, and the poor (Deut. 14). These mandatory offerings averaged out to about 23 percent a year.

The robbing of God (Mal. 3:8–9)

Will man rob God? Yet you are robbing me. But you say, ‘How have we robbed you?’ In your tithes and contributions. You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing me, the whole nation of you.

Throughout the Old Testament, an offering was something you gave, but the tithe was something you owed. It belonged to the Lord and it was repaid—it wasn’t a gift. On top of the importance of recognizing God’s sovereignty in the tithe, the whole priestly system relied on the tithe to stay functional.

Of particular interest here is the how the withholding of some in Israel put the whole nation at risk of God’s judgment.

Testing God in the tithe (Mal. 3:10–12)

Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need. I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of your soil, and your vine in the field shall not fail to bear, says the Lord of hosts. Then all nations will call you blessed, for you will be a land of delight, says the Lord of hosts.

In his mercy, God desperately wants to use the carrot rather than the stick. If he can, he’ll try to get his people to respond to promises of blessing for their obedience instead of having to bring the hammer of judgement down.

Giving in secret (Matt. 6:1–4)

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

“Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.”

The terrible thing about our acts of devotion is how easy they are to twist in order to put our faithfulness on display. Once we’ve made ourselves the object and focus of our generosity, we have undermined the act.

God has always promised reward for the faithfulness of his saint, but Jesus tells us that when you draw attention to your giving, the respect and awe you’ve inspired becomes your reward—invalidating further blessing.

Optimisticgondy:
You may be right, Sir. That's why i cant leave the church for now; if you ask me, he's a real man of God, but you know, human beings do change at times, so that's why I don't trust people 100%

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by osomegbe(m): 7:35pm On May 01, 2016
annunaki2:

Church tithing today from monetary income is a man made doctrine that is derived from twisting scriptures.
Bros check Matthew 23:23,
"Jesus was telling them you pay tithes of mint"
Mints at that time is money my brother. I don't support coercion but teach them and let the Holy spirit convince them.
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by doctorgold(m): 7:38pm On May 01, 2016
one doesn't need force to be taught the principles of tithing. besides, what you don't believe in won't work for you. tithing needs personal conviction.
personally, for me, the month I refuse to pay my tithes, I know I will pay dearly but whenever I pay it, it's smiles all the way.

By the way, lemme tell you what happened in my own church today. we had the founder of Mount Zion Faith Ministries, Evang. Mike Bamiloye as guest speaker and it was so glorious.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by greatbrian(m): 7:42pm On May 01, 2016
Dz y I love my church. Tithing and offering z between u and God. The tithe and offering box z at d back if u HV anytin u drop without pple noticing u. I LOVE THE APOSTOLIC FAITH. #Old time religion till I die#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stephanie Otobo's Mother Begging Apostle Suleman To Forgive Her Daughter (Video) / Paul Enenche's Testimony: Wale Gates Reacts / 5 Igedeland Women Who Are Married To Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.