Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) (53048 Views)

Prophet Mboro Asks Members To Wave Their Pants And Touch Their Private Parts / "Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React / Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by kingdenny(m): 5:29pm On May 01, 2016
exploiting the gullible with tithe, only 1 % of Christians really understand what Christianity is all about

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Lexusgs430: 5:29pm On May 01, 2016
They had the right not to divulge any information. Were they charmed?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by uyplus(m): 5:30pm On May 01, 2016
domopps:
Tithe is a special platform that God has ordained or reserved for our Financial Fortune but it takes who God has open his/her inner eye to see and walk in the platform! God doesn't need tithe neither does the pst do but individuals that are paying it needs it to provokes God's blessings upon their lives........once your pst make them see the realm they are expected to walk with God the DRAMA earlier in your church was not needed!

Special platform from which God? The God that created you isn't different from the God that created the muslims, the bahai's, nor the buddhist worshipper. How come he makes different demands to different faiths? Because he doesnt require tithes to be paid in Buddishm but he requests for that in Christianity. Religion is the opium of masses.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Blessograo(f): 5:30pm On May 01, 2016
i think your pastor is broke, better flee undecided
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Mskrisx(f): 5:30pm On May 01, 2016
Hahahaaa
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by greatiyk4u(m): 5:30pm On May 01, 2016
domopps:
Tithe is a special platform that God has ordained or reserved for our Financial Fortune but it takes who God has open his/her inner eye to see and walk in the platform! God doesn't need tithe neither does the pst do but individuals that are paying it needs it to provokes God's blessings upon their lives........once your pst make them see the realm they are expected to walk with God the DRAMA earlier in your church was not needed!

Cheeeeeeers

You must be a chronic tither.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Mskrisx(f): 5:31pm On May 01, 2016
Hahaaaa
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by m2dl: 5:32pm On May 01, 2016
that's y I gave up on church......... haven't been to a church for d past 4 years ..........
bunch of fake asss

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by xtervaganza(m): 5:35pm On May 01, 2016
When I tell them their religion is a fraud they get upset and want to die like teebillz

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by macaranta(m): 5:35pm On May 01, 2016
Pay your tithes.. But if you don't believe in tithing I don't think pastors should coerce anyone.
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by firstolalekan(m): 5:35pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:
This Happened In My Church Today

Pastor preached about tithing in church today, and after sermon, he asked all salary earners (private and public) to stand.

To my utmost perplexity, he (the Pastor) directed the Secretary to start writing their NAMES and their MONTHLY SALARIES respectively.

Will he start coercing them to pay tithes to him personally based on their monthly salaries or what? Is it compulsory for a Pastor to know his members' salaries? What does he want to do with it?
These are some of the questions that ran through my mind in church then. Till this moment, I seem not to know his intention until next week. I wonder what churches are turning to these days.

Does anyone have an idea of what he will likely do with their names and monthly salaries?

Your pastor is a fool and a criminal angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Mustack: 5:36pm On May 01, 2016
end time church..... the pastor want to soiled there salary.
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Jhappy(f): 5:36pm On May 01, 2016
Allow pastor milk the magas jare! If mumu no fall maga no go chop!
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by sweatlana: 5:38pm On May 01, 2016
Op shei na your pastor. If u ask me na who I go ask?
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by firstolalekan(m): 5:39pm On May 01, 2016
vascable:
So Funny And Sad:- This Is Why Our Kids Needs To Goto School

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21s5WpGKXqk

funny
Ipob kids undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Jhappy(f): 5:46pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:

Pastor preached about tithing in church today, and after sermon, he asked all salary earners (private and public) to stand.

To my utmost perplexity, he (the Pastor) directed the Secretary to start writing their NAMES and their MONTHLY SALARIES respectively.

Will he start coercing them to pay tithes to him personally based on their monthly salaries or what? Is it compulsory for a Pastor to know his members' salaries? What does he want to do with it?
These are some of the questions that ran through my mind in church then. Till this moment, I seem not to know his intention until next week. I wonder what churches are turning to these days.

Does anyone have an idea of what he will likely do with their names and monthly salaries?

So u don't knw that when a Pastor ask u 'where do u work', his target is ur tithe?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 01, 2016
Do you need a magician to tell you he trying run a good business?
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 01, 2016
Some Churches shaaa...lol

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by islandmoon: 5:55pm On May 01, 2016
He's planning ahead of course!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by tammie24: 5:57pm On May 01, 2016
Na wa o
Church don turn something else for people hand

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by adehika: 6:01pm On May 01, 2016
since change don take over pple no free pay tithe again, some wey dey pay nah little
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by tunderule2016: 6:02pm On May 01, 2016
This can be seen in two ways!!!! maybe if you really explain how your pastor put it down to the congregation!!!

He might be willing to help ppl who does not tithe because this is a secret which a lot of people ignore tithing and i can say i am one of the people who does not tithe but earlier this year i made a convenant with God that i will tithe and i have been faithful with it .

On the other hand the pastor might be wanting the tithe for himself... But God in is wisdom says though shall not Judge...

If a Lecturer as you to pay for handout do we question the lecturers no.. because he is a Dr in his field and he knows the handout is important...so maybe you should see the light that he is trying to guide your members to a greater course..

One thing is certain if u r giving tithe you are giving it to God so make he chop am or not .. God sees your heart..

Optimisticgondy:

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by adehika: 6:03pm On May 01, 2016
Since change don take over, pple no gree pay tithe again and those wey dey pay nah little
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by anigold(m): 6:07pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:

before i believe this your story what is the name of your church and who is the pastor, where is your church located...

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Cityguy: 6:08pm On May 01, 2016
Damn sure I would have been sent out of that church were I there today. By the time I eye the so-called secretary, he wouldn't know when he would leave my sight. What nonsense!!! It's situations like this that blemishes the body of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by erico2k2(m): 6:11pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:

%10 deduction, but the good news is, they don't have to pay.Its better to give you %10 to the homeless, motherless and the physically challenged.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 01, 2016
This OP can lie oo, since there is no picture or video evidence to support ur lie, tell us the name of the church and address b4 I can believe you...

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Optimisticgondy(m): 6:14pm On May 01, 2016
Nakairogold:
I dont believe this story.
God should judge me gravely if I lied against my church
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Optimisticgondy(m): 6:15pm On May 01, 2016
Oyind17:
Op, will u go to that church next Sunday?
I'll go; I must watch the film to the end; it's unusual of the Pastor. Maybe much pressure is coming from his Ogas at the top.
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Optimisticgondy(m): 6:16pm On May 01, 2016
Nakairogold:
I dont believe this story.
God should judge me gravely if I lied against my church
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Optimisticgondy(m): 6:16pm On May 01, 2016
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Koolking(m): 6:19pm On May 01, 2016
domopps:

Cheeeeeeers

I just hope you were kidding - emphasis on the bold phrases. How can tithing become a condition for God's blessings, fortune and prosperity?

Then these bible quotations are invalid and have no meaning to us;These are
some of the verses in the Bible that mentioned blessings, it never mentioned tithing as pre-condition or pre-requisite. I'll rather believe in giving than the adulterated tithin.

Jeremiah 17:7-8 “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”

Psalm 20:4 May He gives you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

Exodus 23:25 Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you.

Deuteronomy 30:16 For I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) / Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To / Prophet Elijah Ayodele: "Fayemi Will Win Ekiti Governorship Elections"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.