Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,719 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem (60787 Views)

Buhari Changes Mode Of Prayers At FEC Meeting / President Buhari Attends Juma'at Prayers At The State House (Photos) / Prayers At Shekarau's House To Destroy Buhari's Government (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by seunny4lif(m): 10:15pm On May 01, 2016
Really
Wow, I'm happy grin
I have never see where queen do opening prayers like I'm America yet those countries are 1M times ahead of us angry
We pray and pray for a simple headaches till person get addition headache grin grin

We need development not praying every time
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Firefire(m): 10:15pm On May 01, 2016
Interesting change...
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by GodblessNig247(m): 10:15pm On May 01, 2016
cindybella101:
I support the move....many people don't even know our anthem has second stanza

Cindybella was here kiss

True!!! Pls can I send u pm?
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Fynestboi: 10:15pm On May 01, 2016
I see.

[img]http://gif.co/vfDD.gif[/img]
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by zonax(m): 10:15pm On May 01, 2016
faaz24:

We should all pray in our houses, enough of the hypocrisy at government functions....imagine Dino Melaye saying the opening prayers at an event and a Sani Yerima saying the closing prayer.
And who are you to have an issue with who prays where and when?
Remember God's word said don't judge.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by adimoh99(m): 10:16pm On May 01, 2016
undecided
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Adesiji77: 10:16pm On May 01, 2016
shocked lipsrsealed
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Olalekan76(m): 10:16pm On May 01, 2016
This is a very great move, Infact the stanza 2 of the national anthem is what we suppose to be singing, it is a prayer on its own. So it is a good idea.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Femich18(m): 10:17pm On May 01, 2016
Just remembered my NYSC days
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by moyakz(m): 10:17pm On May 01, 2016
omolola15:

I no fit laugh
my brother,that ought to be our daily prayer point o
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by aku626(m): 10:20pm On May 01, 2016
Very irrelevant motion can't we put forward better motions? Like people who fail to meet deadline of FG contracts should be jailed. Promises to the people not actuality after a party tenure should be an equivalent of 10years jail term for law makers and party leaders.... By the way most government functions the anthem is always recited. So makes no sense. I can smell an atheist in position.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by moyakz(m): 10:20pm On May 01, 2016
JuanDeDios:
grin Write to the NOA boss naa!
op wants to do that already.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by aalangel(f): 10:21pm On May 01, 2016
Stupid move!!!
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Isoni(m): 10:22pm On May 01, 2016
moyakz:
not until they add 'all looters should fall down and die' to that stanza.

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by LePrezident(m): 10:23pm On May 01, 2016
Good idea. That second stanza is soul searching and very deep.

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Moheat(m): 10:27pm On May 01, 2016
Stale news! Something that FEC adopted two years ago or thereabout during GEJ. Make una dey deceive una self

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Olukat(m): 10:28pm On May 01, 2016
Is the National anthem responsible for all the madness, killings, corruption, impunity, etc. in the country?
Haven't we sang "Peace and Unity" enough.
Who are OUR HERO's past that they want me to sing for?
Aren't they responsible for the ethnic tension we have in this country today?
Why do we deceive ourselves all the time?
Nigeria's problem can't be resolved in singing for structural failure. cry cry cry cry
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by martineverest(m): 10:29pm On May 01, 2016
The second stanza is neutral
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by martineverest(m): 10:30pm On May 01, 2016
The second stanza is neutral
It's the idea prayer for a nation.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by JoeBlocks(m): 10:32pm On May 01, 2016
At last, we're getting there, the sooner we separate religion from state, the better it will be for all of us.

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by canalily(m): 10:32pm On May 01, 2016
Like play like game, Nigeria will soon just become Islamizedwink
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by faaz24: 10:33pm On May 01, 2016
zonax:

And who are you to have an issue with who prays where and when?
Remember God's word said don't judge.
Hypocrisy is when you defend a Dino Melaye that brazenly flaunt his wealth before our eyes and then you turn around to criticize the entire senate for budget padding. I personally can't say amen to prayers said by Dino or Yerima, its my opinion, am not judging anyone. ....Dino/yerima in my opinion are comedians I don't take them serious.

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by habbi080(m): 10:35pm On May 01, 2016
Supported once it's in government events alone...
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by ideatoprince18(m): 10:35pm On May 01, 2016
faaz24:
Good idea...the prayer in the second stanza of the national anthem is an all encompassing, no group or religion is left out.
true talk

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by muyikutkene(m): 10:37pm On May 01, 2016
From what I see today in Nigeria I am very certain that Muslims would not need to use a violent jihad to islamize Nigeria. CHRISTIANS themselves will be used by Muslims to islamize Nigeria. Afterwards the Muslims will turn against the Christians that helped them. These are the type Muslims call the useful idiots.
Just ask yourself how Muslim nations became Islamic nations? Is there any record of them doing evangelical work? Did they tell people about how wonderful their prophet Mohammed is? How he raped women? How he beheaded nine hundred Jews in one day? How he had sex with a nine year old girl? How he was demon possessed for one year? How he could not perform a miracle? How he is a prophet without a prophecy? How he sold slaves for weapons of war?
If MUSLIMS did not do evangelism how come there are 58 nations of the world Who say they are ISLAMIC countries? Including countries that used to be Christian countries.
They used greedy pastors and stupid Christians. The ones they call the USEFUL IDIOTS. The Bible says, when men slept.....
These same CHRISTIANS were the ones that told us the elections had nothing to do with religion.
***News flash! Buhari just registered Nigeria in the Islamic coalition against terrorism led by Saudi Arabia. The very same Saudi Arabia that is the chief sponsor of Islamic terrorism.
***Newsflash! The first major conference buhari would bring to Nigeria is the INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC CONFERENCE . A conference that pastor vice president cannot attend. While 'clueless' GEJ was convening INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC CONFERENCE at a time of plenty Buhari is convening ISLAMIC CONFERENCE at a time of economic crisis. Now you see where his priority lies.
***Newsflash! Muslims are now using El Rufai Kaduna as a test case to see how they can stop CHRISTIANS from preaching the gospel not even for you to listen to a gospel message in your car. Who knows they may even ban gospel music.
***Newsflash! Other northern states are copying Mr El Rufai's law.
***Newsflash! Fulani herdsmen are sacking Christian villages in the north.
***Newsflash! Ambode sealed over twenty churches in Lagos for noise pollution. Not one Allah Akbar morning yelling mosque was sealed. Ambode is supposed to be a Christian remember? What do Muslims call them again?? Something like useful....
***Newsflash! The chapel at Aso Rock has been shut down and guess who had to explain to CHRISTIANS? Yeah our very own Pastor vice president. Again another I have fact the major very useful..... Who they used to get the Christian votes.
***Newsflash! The only minister to have died under Buhari happens to be a Christian Apologist. I mean a strong defender of the gospel of Jesus. Somehow all the safety features in the car suddenly stopped working. Not one airbag deployed. Remember this is a federal minister riding in a very expensive car fitted with the best safety features. Did I also mention that the driver did not die? He was strong enough to pull out the body of the minister. Issokay.
I hear many Christians say it is impossible to islamize Nigeria. Question is, If they try it today will you pick up arms? What are you doing to make sure it does not happen?
Make No Mistake pls, this message is shared as received. Keep sharing to raise everyone's awareness.

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by faaz24: 10:41pm On May 01, 2016
ideatoprince18:
dose oda religion will not agree based a****h is not written in place of God
They have never opposed xtians/muslim prayers at govt events before, if there is going to be an opposition to this idea, bet me its gonna be from the leaders of the two prominent religions.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by kayti(m): 10:44pm On May 01, 2016
muyikutkene:
From what I see today in Nigeria I am very certain that Muslims would not need to use a violent jihad to islamize Nigeria. CHRISTIANS themselves will be used by Muslims to islamize Nigeria. Afterwards the Muslims will turn against the Christians that helped them. These are the type Muslims call the useful idiots.
Just ask yourself how Muslim nations became Islamic nations? Is there any record of them doing evangelical work? Did they tell people about how wonderful their prophet Mohammed is? How he raped women? How he beheaded nine hundred Jews in one day? How he had sex with a nine year old girl? How he was demon possessed for one year? How he could not perform a miracle? How he is a prophet without a prophecy? How he sold slaves for weapons of war?
If MUSLIMS did not do evangelism how come there are 58 nations of the world Who say they are ISLAMIC countries? Including countries that used to be Christian countries.
They used greedy pastors and stupid Christians. The ones they call the USEFUL IDIOTS. The Bible says, when men slept.....
These same CHRISTIANS were the ones that told us the elections had nothing to do with religion.
***News flash! Buhari just registered Nigeria in the Islamic coalition against terrorism led by Saudi Arabia. The very same Saudi Arabia that is the chief sponsor of Islamic terrorism.
***Newsflash! The first major conference buhari would bring to Nigeria is the INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC CONFERENCE . A conference that pastor vice president cannot attend. While 'clueless' GEJ was convening INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC CONFERENCE at a time of plenty Buhari is convening ISLAMIC CONFERENCE at a time of economic crisis. Now you see where his priority lies.
***Newsflash! Muslims are now using El Rufai Kaduna as a test case to see how they can stop CHRISTIANS from preaching the gospel not even for you to listen to a gospel message in your car. Who knows they may even ban gospel music.
***Newsflash! Other northern states are copying Mr El Rufai's law.
***Newsflash! Fulani herdsmen are sacking Christian villages in the north.
***Newsflash! Ambode sealed over twenty churches in Lagos for noise pollution. Not one Allah Akbar morning yelling mosque was sealed. Ambode is supposed to be a Christian remember? What do Muslims call them again?? Something like useful....
***Newsflash! The chapel at Aso Rock has been shut down and guess who had to explain to CHRISTIANS? Yeah our very own Pastor vice president. Again another I have fact the major very useful..... Who they used to get the Christian votes.
***Newsflash! The only minister to have died under Buhari happens to be a Christian Apologist. I mean a strong defender of the gospel of Jesus. Somehow all the safety features in the car suddenly stopped working. Not one airbag deployed. Remember this is a federal minister riding in a very expensive car fitted with the best safety features. Did I also mention that the driver did not die? He was strong enough to pull out the body of the minister. Issokay.
I hear many Christians say it is impossible to islamize Nigeria. Question is, If they try it today will you pick up arms? What are you doing to make sure it does not happen?
Make No Mistake pls, this message is shared as received. Keep sharing to raise everyone's awareness.
"eyaa u re weeping after all Jesus wept"

2 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 01, 2016
Wow! Sometimes in the past, I wrote here on nairaland on the need to adopt the 2 nd stanza. It is loaded with faith filled words and it challenges every Nigerian to work towards the greatness of this country especially the leaders.

Freegift75:
www.thetrentonline.com/fg-moves-stop-opening-prayers-events/

Strong indications have emerged of the Federal
Government’s move to stop the saying of opening prayers at events across the nation and replace it with reciting the second stanza of the National Anthem.

The National Orientation Agency (NOA) led by
the newly appointed acting director general,
Ngozi Ekeoba announced the move on microblogging website, Twitter on Thursday,
March 24, 2016.

The agency wrote: “The 2nd stanza of Nigeria National Anthem is being promoted by the NOA as opening prayer at events.”

Although a handful of Nigerians kicked against
the move but the agency insisted that it was a
great step towards promoting the National
Anthem.

A source privy to the matter disclosed that the
agency rule is yet to be enforced as the agency is still consulting with relevant stakeholders on the issue.

“The new DG has been promoting it since she came on board, but she is also careful not to receive a backlash for the idea given the very religious nature of Nigerians,” the source said.

“So at the moment it is not been enforced but they are pushing the idea to many people, agencies, government departments and parastatals and many are okay with the idea.

The feedback so far has been positive.”

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by kiltoko1(m): 10:47pm On May 01, 2016
we have been doing it for past 3yrs now,not a new thing.. ask any uniform men.. where is that my hero beer
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by eemogkay: 10:47pm On May 01, 2016
Hope some set of nagging one will not come and say that the tune sounds like hymn of the Church
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by wordcat(m): 10:49pm On May 01, 2016
Long overdue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Joseph Oluomachi Opara Adopted By Governor Uzodimma, Meets His Foster Father / Police Remove Biafra Flag In Ebonyi State University (Photos) / Guber Polls: Ezekwesili Blasts Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu Over Attack On Igbos In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.