Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem (60803 Views)

Buhari Changes Mode Of Prayers At FEC Meeting / President Buhari Attends Juma'at Prayers At The State House (Photos) / Prayers At Shekarau's House To Destroy Buhari's Government (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by ssonn: 7:43am On May 02, 2016
moyakz:
not until they add 'all looters should fall down and die' to that stanza.
lol...na true they should add that then it will make sense....but wait oo upon everything in this country that needed to be done so its this one they see?
abii she one feel like say she done change something or like inventor of something.
SMH
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Longevo(m): 7:46am On May 02, 2016
shaydeenamz:
even building worship centres in public places should be discouraged
I think you're going crazy!
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by sarujaSA(m): 7:49am On May 02, 2016
O God of creation,
Direct our noble cause,
Guide our leaders right,
Help our youth the truth to know,
In love and honesty to grow,
And living just and true,
Great lofty heights attain,
To build a nation where peace,
And justice shall reign O God of creation
Direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace
And justice shall reign
O God of creation
Direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace
And justice shall reign
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by moyakz(m): 7:54am On May 02, 2016
ssonn:
lol...na true they should add that then it will make sense....but wait oo upon everything in this country that needed to be done so its this one they see?
abii she one feel like say she done change something or like inventor of something.
SMH
their case tire me o.just misplaced priorities!
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by ndat(m): 8:39am On May 02, 2016
faaz24:
Good idea...the prayer in the second stanza of the national anthem is an all encompassing, no group or religion is left out.
to your understand ba, have evolution theory believe by some people.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by DeRay98(m): 8:40am On May 02, 2016
faaz24:

We should all pray in our houses, enough of the hypocrisy at government functions....imagine Dino Melaye saying the opening prayers at an event and a Sani Yerima saying the closing prayer.

you cracked my ribs....
na sacrilege be dis oh for those 2 guys
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by DeRay98(m): 8:48am On May 02, 2016
moyakz:

their case tire me o.just misplaced priorities!

Different agencies are set up for different functions and this agency is thinking its duties.
some of you are frustrated that you can't even think straight other than to criticize everything and everybody.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by ministeriallist: 8:51am On May 02, 2016
moyakz:
grin do u want us to record mass deaths
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by moyakz(m): 8:56am On May 02, 2016
ministeriallist:
grin do u want us to record mass deaths
who their life epp?
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by destineguy(m): 8:58am On May 02, 2016
Are you a member of Students Christian Movement

Freegift75:

I will forward the motion to National Assembly for National Anthem reforms

O God Bless Our Native Nigeria
May Thunder Arise
And Strike All The looters
Oh Lord, we beseech d
Spirit Of God 4ce
Come to us now
And bless us

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by olafum1(m): 9:09am On May 02, 2016
adroitvezy:

how we go take do am naa. I go like get some.

OK. If u know the names of the ones u want, u can list them out to me. U can check up my email ID on my profile.

And if u r a pleasure reader, then send me the genre of the ones u desire most, I'll send u some selected copies.

6 books goes for #500 as a starter.
13 books for #1000.

Method of Payment: Bank transfer.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by lomprico(m): 9:13am On May 02, 2016
The jihadists wont like it!
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Megaideas(f): 9:22am On May 02, 2016
What's the relationship between prayer and the 2nd stanza of the National Anthem? Misplacement of priority! Until we learn to put God first in this country, things will keep falling apart and the centre will never be able to hold; because a life without Christ is a life of crises.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by ivili(m): 9:31am On May 02, 2016
moyakz:
You want make the person when go write the law himself die?you know no say all of them na looters?LOL grin
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by mamajaz(f): 10:44am On May 02, 2016
faaz24:
Good idea...the prayer in the second stanza of the national anthem is an all encompassing, no group or religion is left out.
Right! Even the "eriwoyas" are well represented
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by faaz24: 11:41am On May 02, 2016
mamajaz:
Right! Even the "eriwoyas" are well represented
Lol...eriwoya ! Ayagbo, ayato, aya (?) grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Dklef(m): 12:34pm On May 02, 2016
faaz24:

Spot on.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by abuazee2820: 3:22pm On May 02, 2016
this a good advise
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Godblessaplus1(m): 5:32pm On May 02, 2016
For many who do not remember the words – and I know there are many – I have taken the liberty of reproducing them here so that, perhaps, the orientation can begin right here:
Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause Guide our leaders right Help our youth the truth to know In love and honesty to grow And living just and true Great lofty heights attain To build a nation where peace and justice shall reign.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Beetobee(f): 9:37pm On May 02, 2016
faaz24:

We should all pray in our houses, enough of the hypocrisy at government functions....imagine Dino Melaye saying the opening prayers at an event and a Sani Yerima saying the closing prayer.

Ooh la la! Catastrophe!
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by nobosaba(m): 8:28am On May 03, 2016
Nigerians are so forgetful.... What a shame. This same development in 2013 was initiated by the Goodluck Jonathan administration.

How forgetting
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by zonax(m): 2:55pm On May 04, 2016
faaz24:

Hypocrisy is when you defend a Dino Melaye that brazenly flaunt his wealth before our eyes and then you turn around to criticize the entire senate for budget padding. I personally can't say amen to prayers said by Dino or Yerima, its my opinion, am not judging anyone. ....Dino/yerima in my opinion are comedians I don't take them serious.

Did you see me judge any particular senator offer budget padding?
I can condemn any evil in governance as a Nigerian, but neither of us has the right to decide who's prayer God answers. He is God and he alone can judge. Remember David, an adulterer,a killer and a man who can easily pass as the real hypocrite was also a man after God's heart-to-heart apple of his eye. So dear....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo: Transcript Of Bola Tinubu From Chicago State University / Tinubu Wins First LG In Akwa Ibom, Defeats Atiku, Peter Obi / 84-Year-Old Solider Who Served With Buhari In The Army, Spotted In Bauchi.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.