Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem (60796 Views)

Buhari Changes Mode Of Prayers At FEC Meeting / President Buhari Attends Juma'at Prayers At The State House (Photos) / Prayers At Shekarau's House To Destroy Buhari's Government (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Jidibia(m): 10:52pm On May 01, 2016
I never knew there was second stanza of the National anthem.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Hazlett1988: 10:53pm On May 01, 2016
Good move, it's still a prayer
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by petkoffdrake2(m): 10:56pm On May 01, 2016
cindybella101:
I support the move....many people don't even know our anthem has second stanza

Cindybella was here kiss

I wish u ar d bae in ur dp undecided
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Hazlett1988: 10:57pm On May 01, 2016
Good move
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Vado(m): 10:58pm On May 01, 2016
dunkem21:

They stole it from my thread ..

https://www.nairaland.com/2069069/first-stanza-national-anthem-should

Instead of acknowledging ingenuity, people are calling me a "Wailer"

Ogbeni corps members with nysc having been using that 2nd stanza as official prayer since like forever. You are no Einstein sir.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by bigerboy200: 10:59pm On May 01, 2016
The second stanza is a prayer on its..
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by macaranta(m): 11:05pm On May 01, 2016
Great move
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by dunkem21(m): 11:06pm On May 01, 2016
Vado:

Ogbeni corps members with nysc having been using that 2nd stanza as official prayer since like forever. You are no Einstein sir.

Since when ..abi I no be corper before

The FG stole my idea and you are here telling me crap angry
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 01, 2016
I'm all for it! Enough of the religious hypocrisy already
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Vado(m): 11:12pm On May 01, 2016
dunkem21:

Since when ..abi I no be corper before

The FG stole my idea and you are here telling me crap >sad

Since last year as far as I can tell.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by dunkem21(m): 11:14pm On May 01, 2016
Vado:

No just make me pour all my vex on top your body .. angry

..The person for that NOA wey claim say na him idea should face me angry

Na so JEGA's INEC stole my mock election idea angry
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by dunkem21(m): 11:15pm On May 01, 2016
Vado:

Since last year as far as I can tell.

I created that idea last 2 years angry
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by son4century(m): 11:17pm On May 01, 2016
if that is recited as the opening prayers, what will be said as the closing prayers?....."THE PLEDGE"

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by dunkem21(m): 11:18pm On May 01, 2016
son4century:
if that is recited as the opening prayers, what will be said as the closing prayers?....."THE PLEDGE"

Lol grin
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by integrity16(m): 11:18pm On May 01, 2016
Nice move Joor.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by adroitvezy(m): 11:22pm On May 01, 2016
olafum1:
I know the people that will surely come for her head wink

Your guess is as good as mine kiss
hey, from your sigg which e-books do you have?
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by SURElee(f): 11:23pm On May 01, 2016
With all the prayers they've been praying before the amalgamaton of Nigeria to date, they still loot and cheat us, so scrap the prayers as their minds no dey the prayers sef
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by adroitvezy(m): 11:24pm On May 01, 2016
dunkem21:

I created that idea last 2 years angry
mine was like a decade ago.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by icybeth(m): 11:26pm On May 01, 2016
foolish idea
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by sage2(m): 11:30pm On May 01, 2016
cindybella101:
I support the move....many people don't even know our anthem has second stanza

Cindybella was here kiss

There is something about you that gives me an ecstatic quiver.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by toideve(m): 11:35pm On May 01, 2016
Freegift75:

Seconded

Thirded!
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by whitebeard(m): 11:45pm On May 01, 2016
both prayer and national anthem is preferred
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by irosky52(m): 11:49pm On May 01, 2016
na them know
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by tolustx(m): 12:01am On May 02, 2016
faaz24:

We should all pray in our houses, enough of the hypocrisy at government functions....imagine Dino Melaye saying the opening prayers at an event and a Sani Yerima saying the closing prayer.
Very true. The one I even find more disgusting is when a project is bring commissioned and the person in charge puts his scissors and says... "we commission this project in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost". I just wonder... Does this man even know what exactly he is talking about? Even a Muslim governor will say that during commissioning. So instead of watering our religious beliefs and ideologies in public gatherings like that, it is important to just find a common ground for all the different religious beliefs. That is what the second stanza of the anthem presents. Very good idea to use it.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by faaz24: 12:16am On May 02, 2016
tolustx:
Very true. The one I even find more disgusting is when a project is bring commissioned and the person in charge puts his scissors and says... "we commission this project in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost". I just wonder... Does this man even know what exactly he is talking about? Even a Muslim governor will say that during commissioning. So instead of watering our religious beliefs and ideologies in public gatherings like that, it is important to just find a common ground for all the different religious beliefs. That is what the second stanza of the anthem presents. Very good idea to use it.
Well said my brother.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by whirlwind7(m): 12:26am On May 02, 2016
WhoRUDeceiving:

Many people, including leaders don't EVEN know the first stanza recited in ENGLISH lol.

Many people don't know the origin or true meaning of Nigg.a Area aka Nigeria

Many people don't know the causes of the civil war, or why or how this colony was put together because it isn't even taught

Many people don't know who they are, thinking they are from another group(s), despite bearing Igbo name (Ifeanyi Okowa), bearing Yoruba name, ( Bukola Saraki), etc,

And after 56 years, some folks are still desperately looking for ways to promote what has been natural in other nations, using 2nd stanza of a anthem that does not even reflect their heritage.

Fools forever

Yours is the comment that reflected what I had in mind after reading this thread.
How many countries, who value their heritage, bans the teaching of history lessons in their schools?

That alone shows the deceit and fraud this country was built on. If you have no history, then you cannot learn from the past, and take charge of your future. That's Nigeria. A country cast adrift without a direction. Whatever that is being done by government to "make things better", as far as I'm concerned, is an absolute waste of time. This country has no future. This is mere application of band-aids on a festering sore.

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by olafum1(m): 12:34am On May 02, 2016
adroitvezy:

hey, from your sigg which e-books do you have?

from Christian's to Academic's(computing and engineering mostly), General Novels and Romance
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by ndcide(m): 12:37am On May 02, 2016
No problem. but never forget this. if you remove God, the devil will come in.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Alhakista: 12:52am On May 02, 2016
We sing this anthem without believing the words most times
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by compoundC: 1:30am On May 02, 2016
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by rahman3853(m): 1:36am On May 02, 2016
Cameleon72:
If this will bring peace to the religious saga... I concur!!!
i concur, a muslim may say ameen in d end, n a xtian amen, and everyone go dey at peace mind afta departure frm d even

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo: Transcript Of Bola Tinubu From Chicago State University / Police Remove Biafra Flag In Ebonyi State University (Photos) / What Is Wike, The Governor Of Rivers State Doing In This Picture??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.