Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang (47729 Views)

Buhari’ll Sign 2017 Budget, Osinbajo’ll Take It From There – Ita Enang / $29.9billion Borrowing: FG To Go Ahead Despite Senate Rejection – Sen Ita Enang / Senate Plots To Expel Ita Enang, Suspend Six Senators - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by Nobody: 11:12am On May 03, 2016
Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Senator Ita Enang, yesterday told New Telegraph that his office had taken delivery of a preview copy of the revised 2016 Appropriation Bill. Enang, who spoke to our correspondent on the phone, could not, however, confirm when exactly the document would reach the desk of the president for his final approval and signing into law.

He, however, gave assurance that Nigerians would be happy soon, an indication that the processes must have largely been concluded by the Joint Committee set up to review the budget and fine tune its grey areas.

“We are just about to take delivery of the first copy for preview from the Committee of the National Assembly. We are like walking very closely to the end of the exercise.

So, Nigerians will be very happy in the next few hours. I will not be categorical about whether the President will get it tonight or tomorrow (today) but I just want to let you know that we have just taken delivery of the preview copy and Nigerians will be very happy, very soon,” Enang said.

It could be recalled that a 15-man committee was set up last Wednesday by the leadership of the National Assembly to interface with another fiveman committee from the executive to harmonise all the grey areas identified by the presidency in the 2016 Appropriation Bill.

The 15-man committee, which has five members of the House of Representatives, five members from the Senate as well as the five members from the executive, was expected to finish its assignment on or before yesterday to facilitate the transmission of the final budget to President Muhammadu Buhari for his assent later this week.

The Joint Committee on the review of the budget was unable to beat the deadline apparently due to the enormity of the assignment and the need to avoid submitting a hurriedly prepared document with avoidable mistakes that could trigger another row. New Telegraph gathered last night that members of the committee were still working on the grey areas, which made the president to earlier withhold his assent.

It was further gathered that the committee may round off its assignment today to enable it transmit same to the president. A member of the committee confirmed to our correspondent last night that “we’re working round the clock to ensure that before midnight today (Monday) all the differ ences have been properly ironed out.”

She said: “Immediately we achieve this, we’ll transmit it to the executive arm for the president’s assent.” According to her, “nobody is happy about the delay so far, but there is a ray of hope at the end of the tunnel.” Asked to list the grey areas, she simply said:

“I can’t do that now, but all the areas enumerated by the executive is being touched and streamlined to perfection. “The way we are working on it now, within the next 24 hours we may just hit our target of Monday.” Also yesterday, a senior aide to the president confirmed to our correspondent that the amended version was not before the president.

He said: “I am right now at the State House, but nothing has been sent here. We are still expecting, but as you can see, it is almost 6:48 p.m. and nothing is here. So, certainly, it won’t be today (Monday).”

http://newtelegraphonline.com/budget-presidency-gets-preview-copy/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by Mutuwa(m): 11:17am On May 03, 2016
undecided
Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by DesChyko: 11:18am On May 03, 2016
Happy for what exactly? undecided
Is this the proper time for the bill to come in? Or has the bill not reached the office before? Or does it account for all the campaign promises?

This people should stop making statements as if the citizens are ZOMBIES.

216 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by Nobody: 11:19am On May 03, 2016
Mutuwa:
undecided
Which type of username is Mutuwa? in Hausa its equals to Death

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by Nobody: 11:20am On May 03, 2016
DesChyko:
Happy for what exactly? undecided
Happy for the arrival of budget of change.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by utah1: 11:22am On May 03, 2016
i cant understand,happy in what way?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by DesChyko: 11:23am On May 03, 2016
FriendChoice:
Happy for the arrival of budget of change.

Budget Of Change? What does that mean? Does this mean the government allowed things to go this bad without recourse so that we can fully applaud the Budget Of Change?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by Kollyk11(m): 11:27am On May 03, 2016
Oga if dey want to sign it let them sign and if they are not ready let them eat it for all I care.money wey dem go still steal.won fi ogun odun pile were.mtchewwwwww

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by Goddex: 11:28am On May 03, 2016
[size=13pt]Useless good for nothing
nonentities we have in govt at federal level
[/size]

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by LoveMachine(m): 11:32am On May 03, 2016
I'm still riding with the home team. It shall be well.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by Nobody: 11:36am On May 03, 2016
After how many months of delay

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by MaleoPearls(m): 11:59am On May 03, 2016
Celebrate with ME people.

Today is the 10958th day I am spending on Earth.

I give BABA GOD all the Glory.

Keep hitting the LIKE button. I appreciate in advance.

227 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by Pavore9: 12:00pm On May 03, 2016
So much dragging of feet. angry

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by folabisi07(m): 12:00pm On May 03, 2016
Reduce fuel price and I promise you, I'll be super glad!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by lifestyle1(m): 12:00pm On May 03, 2016
Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by VocalWalls: 12:00pm On May 03, 2016
It's like they want to share a national alert. grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by lonelydora: 12:00pm On May 03, 2016
Herdsmen are the only people trying to make Nigerians sad. I still believe in this government shaa.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by VampireeM(f): 12:01pm On May 03, 2016
Nigerians should be happy for what?? PMB's Led Govt gross incompetence??!

Senator ita enang should pls swerve one side. Simple budget they took the whole year to appropriate it rightly and he is coming here to make out like the govt is proactive.. Signing the budget in the next few hrs doesnt change a thing.. Nigerians want ACTION, we tired of MOUTHACTION

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by Speakdatruth: 12:01pm On May 03, 2016
Goddex:
[size=13pt]Useless good for nothing
nonentities we have in govt at federal level
[/size]
wailer spotted

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 03, 2016
grin
Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by ibkgab001: 12:01pm On May 03, 2016
Would .... Word or uncertainty

God punish them all .. In Christ alone we want to be happy not in a visionless and directionless govt

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by Imortal001: 12:02pm On May 03, 2016
No time to waste time!
Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by CyberWolf: 12:02pm On May 03, 2016
Smh .. So we should start singing cumbayaya because NASS is sending a budget to the presidency? Nawa oo

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by EmekaBlue(m): 12:02pm On May 03, 2016
Few hrs countdown...If i no happy ehn...
Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by TheNextAce: 12:03pm On May 03, 2016
Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by greatiyk4u(m): 12:03pm On May 03, 2016
I am happy already

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 03, 2016
I have always been happy with PMB

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by Cocoyamu: 12:04pm On May 03, 2016
Just keep lying...

Just NEGODU.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by kolaish(m): 12:04pm On May 03, 2016
Amen. So shall it be.
No more sorrow in the land.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by persius555(m): 12:05pm On May 03, 2016
Will it solve the power problem?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by WASMOG(m): 12:05pm On May 03, 2016
grin grin grin in advance

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 03, 2016
I pray we are

Btw,listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Massive Shake Up In The Nigerian Army, 147 Officers Affected / Zack Orji Declares Support For Tinubu (Video) / Adams Oshiomhole On A Voting Queue (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.