Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? (99711 Views)

Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? / Is He Being Wise, Cursed Or Just Wicked? / Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Emmysteve(m): 6:21pm On Jan 07, 2018
I am worried and afraid of the future. I am not happy with myself and don't know how to face the challenge.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by austine4real(m): 9:32pm On Jan 07, 2018
Emmysteve:
I am worried and afraid of the future. I am not happy with myself and don't know how to face the challenge.

One step at a time

Forget the future enjoy the moment

4 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by EagleScribes: 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2018
Emmysteve:

What's the issue? Can you share it with us?

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by COOL10(m): 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2018
lizakon001:
Please someone should advice me here before I die of depression. I have a very bad mouthed and negativity father, his words are harsh and all that comes out from his mouth concerning his children are negative. Any small mistake we make the whole neighbourhood will hear and what we did. Even when we do good, he ridicules our goodness. Seriously I am tired of this man, he makes me depressed when I am at home during holiday and when I go to school I don't just want to return back home because it is hell no happiness at all. His attitude drains my happiness please what can I do. Feeling so depressed
. Welcome to the club sister. Yours is your dad,mine,my mum and sisters. Just ignore him(not malice oo) but only speak to him when necessary. Whenever you're with him(prolly in the parlour), get something doing(maybe browsing) and start laughing. Show him u can actually be happy without his involvement. Don't just pretend but BE HAPPY WITHOUT HIM. Most times(especially when there's no light) I Stay in my room either sleeping,reading or playing games. Most importantly show yourself that u can live happily even with his negativity being present. He'll want to know why you're keeping to yourself. Just keep cool and continue with what you're doing.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Emmysteve(m): 6:03am On Jan 09, 2018
_
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by ebenezer880(m): 8:29pm On Jan 09, 2018
Good evening sir, i am ebenezer, please sir i dnt really want to bother u with this but have no choice, i need ur financial assistance, i recently gained admission into fed poly ado, but things has been a little hard for my parent now, please i need ur financial support, no amount is too small, i have not paid my school fees 28,050 also my house rent 11,000, please no amount is too small may God bless you, your family thanks, my account details are below
oluwatunmise ebenezer 0058986339
union bank

cc. Seun
cc. Lalasticlala

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Emmysteve(m): 3:37pm On Jan 13, 2018
I think it's time for me to end it all. The burden is too much for me to carry.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Emmysteve(m): 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2018
EagleScribes:

What's the issue? Can you share it with us?
The issue is very complicated. The family I come from is the overprotective type. The lady I am going out with has taken in for me. The pregnancy is getting to two months now by the end of January. When her mother found out she disturbed her to leave the house. I just started working about three months ago and managed to get an accommodation tho my family is not aware. So I told her to pack in. She stays in the house while I visit from time to time until recently when my family found out about the house. My brother found out the whole thing and is very upset with me but he didn't tell any body. He said he is not in support and that no body will support me. My woman is already thinking of aborting it and moving on with her life (and I don't blame her). I don't think I can ever be happy in myself. This for me is not worth living for.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by laudate: 4:03pm On Jan 13, 2018
Emmysteve:
The issue is very complicated. The family I come from is the overprotective type. The lady I am going out with has taken in for me. The pregnancy is getting to two months now by the end of January. When her mother found out she disturbed her to leave the house. I just started working about three months ago and managed to get an accommodation tho my family is not aware. So I told her to pack in. She stays in the house while I visit from time to time until recently when my family found out about the house. My brother found out the whole thing and is very upset with me but he didn't tell any body. He said he is not in support and that no body will support me. My woman is already thinking of aborting it and moving on with her life (and I don't blame her). I don't think I can ever be happy in myself. This for me is not worth living for.
How old are you exactly? Do you love the woman? Is she a good person? Why not go to the registry and marry her? You won't spend more than 20k max for that. Then when things improve, you can do the traditional wedding. If she dies in the process of abortion, you will be blamed. If she develops complications during the abortion, and is unable to get pregnant in the future, you will be blamed. Think am well, o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Emmysteve(m): 4:17pm On Jan 13, 2018
laudate:

How old are you exactly? Do you love the woman? Is she a good person? Why not go to the registry and marry her? You won't spend more than 20k max for that. Then when things improve, you can do the traditional wedding. If she dies in the process of abortion, you will be blamed. If she develops complications during the abortion, and is unable to get pregnant in the future, you will be blamed. Think am well, o!
yes I love her so much. In fact we love ourselves. I am 28yrs.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by laudate: 4:22pm On Jan 13, 2018
Emmysteve:
yes I love her so much. In fact we love ourselves. I am 28yrs.
Apologise to her family for impregnating her, and go ahead and marry her in a registry. Talk to your pastor or imam to follow you to the woman's house, and also go to your family, to help broker peace. You can also ask an elderly friend of your own family to intervene, and help you beg your family for disappiinting them. Then convince all parties, that once your finances improve, you will do the traditional wedding.

I know a couple who got married in a registry because they were broke, but two years later God helped them, and they were then able to have a lavish traditional wedding. It is your call.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Emmysteve(m): 11:06pm On Jan 13, 2018
I think the only thing to solve this is just to end it all. I know if I let them have their way I can never be happy. What's the essence of life without happiness. They are thinking my woman used the pregnancy to trap me. They have sworn never to see me with her. Even telling me to ask her to leave my house while I rent it out and then be continue staying with my sister. This I can never allow it. I prefer to die.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by laudate: 11:09pm On Jan 13, 2018
Emmysteve:
I think the only thing to solve this is just to end it all. I know if I let them have their way I can never be happy. What's the essence of life without happiness. They are thinking my woman used the pregnancy to trap me. They have sworn never to see me with her. Even telling me to ask her to leave my house while I rent it out and then be continue staying with my sister. This I can never allow it. I prefer to die.
And if you die, they will make the life of your woman highly unbearable. They may even accuse her of killing you, and who will defend her? Pls just marry the girl and move out of your home. After a few months or years, your family will come to their senses!

No need to kill yourself bro'. These issues often get resolved over time. Be strong! Tell your pastor to join you in prayers. God can change the situation.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Emmysteve(m): 11:50pm On Jan 13, 2018
laudate:

And if you die, they will make the life of your woman highly unbearable. They may even accuse her of killing you, and who will defend her? Pls just marry the girl and move out of your home. After a few months or years, your family will come to their senses!

No need to kill yourself bro'. These issues often get resolved over time. Be strong! Tell your pastor to join you in prayers. God can change the situation.
I just hope so. Thanks bro. What can I do. In all these my parents are not aware. It's just my elder siblings. There are saying they will resolve the issue (which is sending the girl away) without the knowledge of our parents. I am afraid of letting my mother aware because I don't want her to think too much. She over take things serious. The only person that will understand is my dad but they don't have regard for him. My immediate elder sister is also on my side. This issue is really eating me deep. Imagine them that the pregnancy won't work. That even if she birth 10 kids for me she won't be welcome.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by laudate: 11:56pm On Jan 13, 2018
Emmysteve:
I just hope so. Thanks bro. What can I do. In all these my parents are not aware. It's just my elder siblings. There are saying they will resolve the issue (which is sending the girl away) without the knowledge of our parents. I am afraid of letting my mother aware because I don't want her to think too much. She over take things serious. The only person that will understand is my dad but they don't have regard for him. My immediate elder sister is also on my side. This issue is really eating me deep. Imagine them that the pregnancy won't work. That even if she birth 10 kids for me she won't be welcome.
Why do they hate her so much? Has she offended them before? Did they catch her with another man? Has she had children outside wedlock before?

Please don't get worked up by their negative words. Just tell your father about it, so that at least he has a good knowledge of what is going on. Try to get your dad on your side.

Then you and your elder sister as well as your pastor and any elderly family friends, can go and beg the parents of the girl, and promise to take care of her. After that go to the registry, and move in with your wife.

Just work hard to take care of her and the baby, and do not ask your family for a penny. Pray to God for mercy and favour, and ask Him to uplift you. You will see how God will resolve the situation to favour you.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by perousd: 11:47am On Jan 14, 2018
What I have to say is what a wise man once said "- No matter the Challenge, Time always got His own Remedy. "
There was a time that I was strucked with the Evil hands of Anxiety disorder. It was worse than death. Then, I realized that I needed to address worry and fear?- the greatest partners of depression.
The Only thing that gets me depressed now is Finances. When I'm broke, I get Down. But I believe that with Hardwork and Perseverance, I can Overcome.
Have friends that care especially of the opposite sex. It does magic.
God bless you all.. Also Prayers really work. Love you all.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mrphysics(m): 11:19am On Jan 16, 2018
Emmysteve:

This guy, you are really getting me angry. Why do you want to disturb us with no issues here. Nawa for you ooo. You don't have a problem and you want to make it seem your problem is one big issue.

You are working which implies that no one is feeding you and you allow people dictate what you do with your money. Bia bros, behave yourself oo.

You got a girl you love pregnant and you allow your brothers to decide who loves her. And you are 28. You really don't want to die.

What should you do
Call your brothers, tell them that they have tried in your life and hence you have decided to move with your life. You should strive to make more money so that your brothers will want to be close to you.

Call your dad and your mum and tell them what is going on. Whoever wants to die of it should go ahead. I really do not know what stops people from taking decisions that will favour them. Will you love people more than you love yourself?

Bros, behave nah so we will see people with much problem. Go to job section and see those struggling to get a job and now you have a job and you want people to live your life for you.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by meemaa: 3:12am On Jan 17, 2018
Hello nairalanders...... Need help seriously
Im so broke rite now....as in broke n down.....
Though I'm working but its a penury ...living from hand to mouth....age isn't on my side , plus I'm ova ripe for marriage.... But wen deres no money one is handicapped..... Been looking for where to borrow money for business....but no where....
Please im soliciting for help to help me raise some cash to start a business...to at least be able to feed my self....
If you're willing please help by donating money to my bank account ( dmikemda@gmail.com for details of d account)
Or to my perfect money account ( U12150566 )
Or bitcoin address ( 16ME3ULkwaCyj892u4QL59CiJgz9tptdQF )

Please dont ignore if u have d capacity to help because words can't express d state I'm in right now...... I'm planning to invest d cash in crypto trading or any physical business .....
Please be your brother s keeper....God bless...
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by AvailableCofOLa(m): 5:23am On Jan 22, 2018
We should all check my signature and see where we can be of service to you. We guaranteesl peace of mind in your acquisition. Let's just know your choice location and we'd get it for you at a great deal ensuring all possible loose ends are tightened because. Customer satisfaction is Paramount to us and top on our priority list.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Elthugnificent(m): 6:40am On Jan 22, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4303950/suicide-mind#64406951

I believe this person need all the help he/she could get.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by KingofHearts(m): 12:18pm On Jan 22, 2018
There is no better way of finding happiness than making others happy.if you are unhappy,you have to ask yourself when last did you do anything to make others happy?.Everything you want and need has been prepared for you,if you look deeper you'll see it is around you.

People never attempted suicide this much way back...not because of lack of social media or better reporting systems,not because they were stronger or better than you and i....but because they took time to appreciate the little simple things of life;they also opened their hearts and homes to other people(Strangers) as a support channel.

We are afraid that robbers will raid us,strangers will kill us and so on...til today there are homes that still don't lock their gates with padlock and nobody robs them...check very well and you will see the truth.

i have just turned a small place i have to a "free shelter'' for people with short term accommodation challenge(2-4 months so that others can benefit too)...i don't know these peeps from nowhere but glad to know that their burden is reduced.

There are fraudsters and tricksters everywhere but that should never stop a good person from doing good..it will make you better and greater while the fraudsters will need to do more of their fraud till they get caught.

I am more happier as a person,because i have found out that my success and happiness ls in making others happy and making my community better.I have been through trying moments too that is why i am passing a message to you all here that "you have been designed&manufactured to overcome anything and everything''

Life is worth living!

You can mail oldpineresource@gmail.com if you need to talk to someone anytime.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mikemedi38(m): 10:41am On Jan 24, 2018
Nairaland loves you so much thanks wink
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2018
M
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Emmysteve(m): 9:53am On Feb 02, 2018
mrphysics:

This guy, you are really getting me angry. Why do you want to disturb us with no issues here. Nawa for you ooo. You don't have a problem and you want to make it seem your problem is one big issue.

You are working which implies that no one is feeding you and you allow people dictate what you do with your money. Bia bros, behave yourself oo.

You got a girl you love pregnant and you allow your brothers to decide who loves her. And you are 28. You really don't want to die.

What should you do
Call your brothers, tell them that they have tried in your life and hence you have decided to move with your life. You should strive to make more money so that your brothers will want to be close to you.

Call your dad and your mum and tell them what is going on. Whoever wants to die of it should go ahead. I really do not know what stops people from taking decisions that will favour them. Will you love people more than you love yourself?

Bros, behave nah so we will see people with much problem. Go to job section and see those struggling to get a job and now you have a job and you want people to live your life for you.

My brother thanks. it has gotten to a stage I had to tell them I have left her for good in order for me to have breathing space because even my dad they have overshadowed him. No body is on my side and leaving the girl just like that would be terrible for me. I won't even forgive my self.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 08, 2018
Emmysteve:
Sir please you are a man that knows what he wants. Put your foot down and fight for this lady and your unborn child.dont let family steal your joy. And please never mention ending it all again! Be strong

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by gidjah(m): 4:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
No matter what you are going through, Jesus Shall Go THROUGH WITH YOU,.he knows the end from the beginning, He knows your every fear, just ensure you carry Him along. (Providence 3:5_7)

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by sparkleanng: 11:35am On Feb 19, 2018
SPARKLEAN is now open for your Laundry and Dry Cleaning jobs.
We are here to give your fabrics maximum care, making the whites whiter and colours brighter.

Our services include:

- Express service.
- Pick Up & Delivery.
- Monthly Service.
- 10% Promo on referrals

Tel: 08025464540 or 08033935709

Instagram:@sparklean_official

E mail: sparklean_official@yahoo.com

...We take care of your laundry, while you take care of your business.

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by SPLITS(f): 5:42am On Feb 20, 2018
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by ProfessorD(m): 8:28am On Feb 23, 2018
I lost my dad mid-last year and things have turned downhill the depression from that has kept my mum in and out of the hospital. I currently work as a sales guy part time while I complete my studies, the school placed school fees payment deadline on Monday please guys all I need to complete it is 14,000 please help a brother God bless
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by engrelvis(m): 4:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
Emmysteve:
I don't really understand yr issue here except there r things u r nt telling.u r 28( a gud age any man can marry) .u r independent n making yr own money.u rented a house n yr Preggy girlfriend packed in.yr bro find out n he is nt happy( what is d big deal about dat).u v right to b happy.tell yr parents n explain to dem.if dey don't agree pack to yr rented house n give dem time.dnt abort d baby . keep working on yr parents.with time dey will agree

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) / Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. / Mum Of 2 Who Married A Tree Celebrates First Wedding Anniversary In England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.