Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress (28233 Views)

Tunde Adeniran Rejects Outcome Of PDP Convention, Calls BOT To Take Over Party / Kaduna Refinery Shutdown Because Of Effect Of Niger Delta Avengers / Fear Grips Ogd,okupe Others Ahead Of PDP Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by jeje123(m): 3:40pm On May 05, 2016
He who killed by sword will surely die by sword
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by rita25(f): 3:45pm On May 05, 2016
he seems to be buying time ..eh ya!
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 05, 2016
Saraki doesnt trust APC sinators because they can plan and impeach him without His main supporters PDP
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by defash8: 3:59pm On May 05, 2016
I hope Buhari has received his corrected budget? If not, he should wait till May 29.
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by dechiome(m): 4:01pm On May 05, 2016
Given the pletora of problems Nigerian state is facing.
It is my candide suggestion that the time has come to seriously re examine the relevance of 'The SENATE'. I am hereby proposing the public campaign for the 'SCRAPPING' of th Senate arm of the National Assembly. This will save us a lot of a) Money b) Embarrasements c) Heartache etc. I hereby so move.
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by lordtriplee(m): 4:05pm On May 05, 2016
MabraO:

Stop misleading people op
Wot do u mean PDP shutdown senate for one week wen in actual sense SP shutdown down senate for one week in respect of PDP congress.

I pity d guillible ones that would read this news backwards nd think PDP actually did

But that's what he said nao

You dy learn how to read?
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by bayinq25(m): 4:06pm On May 05, 2016
Category1:

[size=13pt]its makes me laugh when some kids just bring up "America" in everything. Does America not have their own problems? Or do u think they are all living in paradise? Bro, stfu! and travel to the US, u will see they have a lot of problems to solve too.[/size]
call a spade a spade,these issues fall secondary to what we're facing,they no longer think of primary issues like electricity,water,security,humongous corruption like we have here(not saying there's no corruption there though)but our leaders started the campaign of good roads,constant power supply,improved infrastructure,etc about 60years ago.Today where are we?Nigeria has a bigger problem.If a man wants success for himself,he should stop bringing up his failures for comparison.
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by kulrunsman79(m): 4:10pm On May 05, 2016
Lobbish....... News!
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by pgodson7(m): 4:15pm On May 05, 2016
How many senators do we have from SDP and APGA?
iflywithbuhari:
And some people claim PDP is no longer relevant. Ignore and underestimate the PDP at your own peril. Can an APGA or SDP convention forestall the day to day activities of the legislature, capital NO! PDP, gbosa, gbosa, gbosa.
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by GWMI(m): 4:15pm On May 05, 2016
Good, good.Thanks.
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:16pm On May 05, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
And some people claim PDP is no longer relevant. Ignore and underestimate the PDP at your own peril. Can an APGA or SDP convention forestall the day to day activities of the legislature, capital NO! PDP, gbosa, gbosa, gbosa.
And how does this stop Danladi Umar of the CCT from making Saraki enter the dock even next week?
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by MahatmaGhandi: 4:17pm On May 05, 2016
Saraki's backbone in the senate is the PDP, he cannot afford to take chances by allowing sitting to continue, else he will be impeached before the end of the PDP congress. Very smart move.

1 Like

Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by Nig4Greatness: 4:18pm On May 05, 2016
Category1:

[size=13pt]its makes me laugh when some kids just bring up "America" in everything. Does America not have their own problems? Or do u think they are all living in paradise? Bro, stfu! and travel to the US, u will see they have a lot of problems to solve too.[/size]
Can you enlighten us on some of the problems America is having? ?.is it problem of power, housing, infrastructure, medical or good governance? ..this is the country in level 5 of human hierarchy of need when they do more of research and innovation unlike nigeria that's still in level 1 which is survival. .
Person wey never reach airport before they put mouth on things he knows nothing about.
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by eligibility: 4:18pm On May 05, 2016
With the mighty name of God who created heavens and earth, Saraki had stepped on soso and he must see the red side of soso.
Ení bá dalè ábá lèlö. No amount of Pastors or Sheikh praying for him can save him beyond this year ان شاء الله

EITHER HE IS BACK BY PDP OR APC SENATORS, WHAT I KNOW IS THAT GOD GIVES HIM CHANCE TO RESIGN BUT IF HE DOESN'T GO HONOURABLY THE PRAYERS OF INNOCENT NIGERIANS WILL BRING HIM DOWN.
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:19pm On May 05, 2016
Category1:

Can the US Congress condescend like our NASS? Always watch Fox to see the quality debates that go on there.
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by chacoonder(m): 4:22pm On May 05, 2016
SARAKI; A very deceitful man.
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by Category1: 4:22pm On May 05, 2016
Nig4Greatness:
Can you enlighten us on some of the problems America is having? ?.is it problem of power, housing, infrastructure, medical or good governance? ..this is the country in level 5 of human hierarchy of need when they do more of research and innovation unlike nigeria that's still in level 1 which is survival. .
Person wey never reach airport before they put mouth on things he knows nothing about.
Bro, I'm not trying condemn America, but all I'm tryying to say is that America is not perfect! Get it?
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by GWMI(m): 4:23pm On May 05, 2016
bayinq25:
call a spade a spade,these issues fall secondary to what we're facing,they no longer think of primary issues like electricity,water,security,humongous corruption like we have here(not saying there's no corruption there though)but our leaders started the campaign of good roads,constant power supply,improved infrastructure,etc about 60years ago.Today where are we?Nigeria has a bigger problem.If a man wants success for himself,he should stop bringing up his failures for comparison.
bayinq25:
bayinq25:
ask yourself is Buhari taking governace serious?Capital NO.
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by bayinq25(m): 4:27pm On May 05, 2016
GWMI:
[color=#006600][/color]ask yourself is Buhari taking governace serious?Capital NO.
Who no know say APC=PDP?that's why i've never voted before.so no leader is doing jack..
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by lereinter(m): 4:28pm On May 05, 2016
dre11:
Senate shutdown for one week over PDP congress

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/senate-shutdowns-for-one-week-over-pdp-congress/145503.html

This does shows that there is nothing essential that the senators are doing
A country like Nigeria does not need senators.
This evil people collect the largest salary
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:29pm On May 05, 2016
mykl01:
I advocate a pay per sitting attended arrangement.
Small extra for total bills heard, small for debated and another extra for bills passed.
Trust me, they will sit up.
If there is anything I love in the 1989 Constitution of IBB, it's section 67 (2): "A member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives shall be paid for ONLY the number of days he sits."

1 Like

Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by Kingspin(m): 4:43pm On May 05, 2016
Category1:

America, but your politicians are always going there why? Some born their children there also. Something is wrong with our leaders.
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by Tarzaa(m): 4:53pm On May 05, 2016
When anything is in favour of pdp, everybody praises it saying pdp is controlling the nation but as soon as somebody is arrested for any evil act, apc and Buhari are witch hunting, ish!
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by dre11(m): 5:25pm On May 05, 2016
MabraO:

Stop misleading people op
Wot do u mean PDP shutdown senate for one week wen in actual sense SP shutdown down senate for one week in respect of PDP congress.

I pity d guillible ones that would read this news backwards nd think PDP actually did

who organise the Congress..... isn't PDP
whose vote made Saraki the Senate President... isn't PDP

so, where did I mislead the publicundecided
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by Yksoul(m): 5:25pm On May 05, 2016
CAN YOU SEE THE KIND OF COUNTRY WE ARE IN?WHEN THEY HAVE NEITHER PASSED NOR CORRECTED THE PADDED BUDGET,THEY ARE SHUTTING DOWN SENATE WHILE NIGERIANS CONTINUE TO SUFFER.
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by MabraO: 5:48pm On May 05, 2016
dre11:

who organise the Congress..... isn't PDP
whose vote made Saraki the Senate President... isn't PDP

so, where did I mislead the publicundecided

If u weren't misleading the public why did u change ur topic from "PDP shutdown senate" to "senate shutdown cos of PDP congress"? undecided
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by Bishop(m): 5:54pm On May 05, 2016
dre11:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/senate-shutdowns-for-one-week-over-pdp-congress/145503.html

smart move by saraki there, with all pdp members at the congress, APC could possibly have impeached him in matters of some hours, locking down the National assembly was a smart political move, keep on trying sir, i hope your moves will take you far... i just hope so
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by sexybrooke: 5:58pm On May 05, 2016
dre11:

smart man no room for impeachment good one APC would have used that opportunity to Impeach him
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 05, 2016
Change can be pleasant and even sometimes desirable in the abstract, but too much of it create an anxiety that will stir and boil beneath the surface and then eventually erupt.
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by Walelavender(m): 6:17pm On May 05, 2016
And this people get paid 'armed robber salary'?This is very unfortunate. Political interest over national interest. Few days to the end of their tenure, you would see them passing 500 bills in 24 hours.
Nothing has really CHANGED as regards governance in this country.
Re: Senate Shutdown Because Of PDP Congress by doyinisaac(m): 6:18pm On May 05, 2016
Category1:

**** I never said america is 100% perfect,i only said it is better in terms of infrastructre,better economy and better governance,so whether you accept or not,the fact remains that presently america is a better country...****

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rufai Mukhtar Danmaje Demands Fashola's Sack For "Failing Northern Region" / Agberos Hijack Onitsha As Helpless Traders, Motorists Groan / Ihedioha: Mass Resignation Hits Imo PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.