Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels (27819 Views)

Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly / The Tanko Yakassai Interview On Channels TV Everyone Is Talking About (Video) / Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels TV Today (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by carblognaija: 7:56pm On May 05, 2016
Chai! Nairaland is now a garbageland. Most people just start commenting without even watching the video. The OP is just an Idiot. The Minister never said most of what the OP posted. Just watch the video and you would be so proud of Mrs Kemi. The OP simply concocted lies to make her feel bad and a lot of people fell for it and even started tribal war. The Mods are even so lazy that they no longer check the stories before moving it to front page

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by Excellentmind: 7:57pm On May 05, 2016
iretiland:

Definitely your brain is too slow to know that NOI played fraud on Nigeria, the kind she cannot played on the internatiinal community. That community does not have space for your likes with small brain that will admire and praise a scam. Ngizi was a big egomaniac scam under the slowpoke called GEJ.

There is no amount of false theories from you and your associates that will ever make the world to see NOI as a fraud because her track records are there for rational beings to analyze and reach a conclusion. You have continued to go on an opposite direction with the rest of the world, considering yourself a figure with brain. Today, a mediocre occupies the seat of the Ministry of Finance, but because of your irrational mind, you can't dictate it, even when the scars of the effects are all over your comment. You had better stay away from topics of this nature, so as to hide your ignorance.
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by crazymod: 8:25pm On May 05, 2016
paschu:
[s][/s]

Your level of ignorance is in geometric dimension.

thank you. sharp tribe.
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by luvinhubby(m): 8:39pm On May 05, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
u miss that thing called failure, who was worst than ineffectual buffoon,

Most Nigerians miss GEJ & NOI except a few remote controlled ones.

Buhari is a disastrous failure.

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by deji68: 8:39pm On May 05, 2016
Hmnnnn .... a finance minister who doesn't know how much we have in excess crude account cool cool cool
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by viktoooh: 8:44pm On May 05, 2016
I like you personaly madam Kemi but I don't think you have what it takes to hold such a sensitive office. If you cannot give a figure on the excess crude acct you definitely don't know your job description

2 Likes

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by philips70(m): 9:09pm On May 05, 2016
Where was your coordinating minister of fraud when madam Ojuyobo, Jonathan's concubine was busy laundering millions of dollars from bank to bank?

Tonyebarcanista, help me answer this Jamb question.
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by Israelfx2(m): 9:34pm On May 05, 2016
mediocre
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by Fearcom(m): 9:54pm On May 05, 2016
totorimi:

This woman only succeeded in wasting today's Sunrise show, look at the bolded she cleverly dodged all questions asked with the usual empty promises. After one and half year in office they are still trying and making empty promises. SMH for our nation indeed.

Mr Man this administration will be one year old on May 28, not one and a half years.
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:12pm On May 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Who controls the centre? Isn't the CBN policy not supposed to align with The fiscal policy of the government? So who is politicising who?

Not necessarily, if the CBN governor knows what he's doing. His job is to make sure the economy neither heats up nor gets out of kilter. Why do you think the CBN was statutorily empowered to assume some form of independence. The CBN governor is not a "yes" man to the President; else, his independence is superfluous. The CBN governor would raise interest rates when necessary, mop up excess liquidity when necessary and sometimes against the direction of government fiscal policy, or do whatever is necessary to rein in negative inflationary effects. The CBN governor should be above politics.
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by badguy007: 10:25pm On May 05, 2016
luvinhubby:
A finance minister spends 45 mins on national television with no data, statistics & ratio presented.

I miss aunty Ngoo.

Nigeria is in trouble.

Not sure we watched the same video cos we surely gave a good number of stats while speaking. Also, if you listened closely, you would have realised that the interview was aimed at achieving 3 things:

1. To make Nigerians under the true state of things at the moment.

2. To outline the problems we're facing

3. To state possible measures that could be taken to mitigate these problems.

As far as I'm concerned, she did these three things in a most articulate and coincise manner. I agree we have a lot to do as a country to progress but a good place to start would be by supporting these people who are indeed trying to make things better.
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by Jesusloveyou: 10:32pm On May 05, 2016
luvinhubby:

Most Nigerians miss GEJ & NOI except a few remote controlled ones.

Buhari is a disastrous failure.
a disastrous failure for who has not even start a race, u ipod kids are always funny, my advice to u ipod, stop wailing and watch a prosperous economy pmb wil handover at the end of his tenure.
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by totorimi: 10:33pm On May 05, 2016
Fearcom:

Mr Man this administration will be one year old on May 28, not one and a half years.

Oga advocate does it really matter, whether one year or one and half year, her response is totally uninspiring.

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by badguy007: 10:51pm On May 05, 2016
luvinhubby:
A finance minister spends 45 mins on national television with no data, statistics & ratio presented.

I miss aunty Ngoo.

Nigeria is in trouble.

I'm not sure we watched the same video cos she definitely gave a good number of stats while speaking. Also, if you listened properly, you would have realised that the interview was aimed at achieving 3 things:

As far as I'm concerned, she achieved these three objectives in a most articulate and coincise manner. I agree we have a lot to do as a country but a good place to start would be by supporting these people who are indeed trying to make things better.

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by skintus: 10:58pm On May 05, 2016
cleatoris:

Ngozi is a fraud. All she gives are frivolous figures from her voodoo economics.
When it comes to accountability and probity, Kemi will eat Ngozi alive and use her bones to pick her teeth.

Mtcheeew, so you are saying it's alright for her not to give us the state of the economy in figures? You must be high on weed, I pity ur family members. undecided undecided
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by mikolo80: 11:10pm On May 05, 2016
luvinhubby:

I miss aunty Ngoo.

Nigeria is in trouble.
who statistics help under that Jezebel
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by mikolo80: 11:12pm On May 05, 2016
luvinhubby:

And the international finance institutions, world acclaimed ivory towers & foreign nations keep celebrating your 'fraud'.

Your madam accountability has not introduced any programme on accountability but still uses BVN, TSS & TSA that was conceived & initiated by Ngozi.

Kemi is not even qualified to be Ngozi's research assistant.
she's minister till 2019 whether you like it or not
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:22pm On May 05, 2016
philips70:
Where was your coordinating minister of fraud when madam Ojuyobo, Jonathan's concubine was busy laundering millions of dollars from bank to bank?

Tonyebarcanista, help me answer this Jamb question.
lol.... she was in Aso villa
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by banme1(m): 11:31pm On May 05, 2016
kennydee05:

Harvard Minister of Finance had opportunity to diversity and boost our economy but she never deemed fit to do so even when we had surplus from Crude oil...

Wailers and frustrated Igbos u can continue with ur wailing for all I care, Kemi Adeosun is here to stay.
can't u start exporting cocoa?
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by BetaThings: 3:38am On May 06, 2016
Sweetguy25:
You're injecting 320 billion naira into the economy when inflation is at double digits and at a three year high. This woman sef?
Why should government be borrowing From banks thereby competing with the private sector for capital?
Why aren't you working with the central bank to ensure that there is credit for the real sector?
Why are you toying with the finances of the universities (in the name of TSA) when you know they're a highly critical part of the country's development and future?
What about the over ambitious budget? Can you achieve that?

These are questions that shouldve been asked.

The questions were asked
The excerpts by the OP are very misleading in some ways
Try and watch the video
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by BetaThings: 3:43am On May 06, 2016
badguy007:

I'm not sure we watched the same video cos she definitely gave a good number of stats while speaking. Also, if you listened properly, you would have realised that the interview was aimed at achieving 3 things:

As far as I'm concerned, she achieved these three objectives in a most articulate and coincise manner. I agree we have a lot to do as a country but a good place to start would be by supporting these people who are indeed trying to make things better.

People should watch the video
This so-called transcript does a lot of disservice to anyone who wants to OBJECTIVELY appraise the interview

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by camelus: 4:21am On May 06, 2016
luvinhubby:

I miss aunty Ngoo.

Nigeria is in trouble.
And projections?
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by camelus: 4:34am On May 06, 2016
metromediaboss:
Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, was on Channels Television Sunrise Daily this morning.

Adeosun, who provided answers to series of questions posed to her by the ChannelsTV discussed extensively on some of the economic activities of President Muhammamdu Buhari.

Here are highlights of the interview:

- Many prominent actors in in previous govt as state governors who vehemently opposed efforts by FG to save excess crude, and insisted the money should be shared are now ministers in current government and are pointing fingers accusing previous government of not saving:

Ans: I don't want to hold brief for anybody. But even if the states did not save, the FG should have saved its own portion

- Are we now saving excess funds? Ans: No we are not savings because you cannot save when you are borrowing. We are borrowing and struggling to pay salaries

- How much money has been recovered so far? Ans: I don't have that figure

- What is the current amount in excess crude account? Ans: I don't have that figure. You (Maupe) quoted it sometime ago. I think it is $2.1b or $2.2b, I am not sure of the amount.

- We have some people complaining of TSA, eg ASUU? We are working with universities and CBN to see if we can grant exemption to them

- They put a blame on govt on leakages. Is it something your ministry can fight? Ans: Absolutely. Last year, we spend N19b on roads and N64b on travels. We are trying to limit travels and the flight class of various govt officials.

- How are limiting leakages in govt? Ans: We are trying to introduce debit cards for routine govt expenditures.

- Has this debit card kicked off? Ans: No we are trying to get proposals from 3 banks, then we shall go through learning process

- How are you aligned with CBN on fiscal and monetary policies. CBN should be doing monetary, and your ministry should be looking at fiscal. Ans: We are trying to align.

- Are you in IMF programme? Ans: No we are not IMF programme.

- Do we have an economic Team? Ans: We have an economic team

- It will shock you that Nigerians do not know those who are members of the economic team. Ans: (Becomes upset) Don't you know the ministers? Don't you know me. VP Osibanjo, Min of State & budget, Min of Info, Head of DMO, etc are members

- What is the Economic blueprint? Ans: We are going to invest in infrastructure. We are going to diversify the economy. If we can feed ourselves, it will energise the economy.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/full-transcript-of-minister-of.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pxDvOAwBEE

This Lady is a Learner,
Who told her Fed did not save?
When and how do the Economic team meet? Or better ask what are the Macro economic approach to economic woes of Nig?
How comes she doesn't know exact figure recovered but knew exact figure spent on travel by Govt officials..... I smell something.
We are trying to align while the administration will soon be a year.

Summary : We are in Unitary System of Govt where only one Man takes decision for the whole Country (Dictatorship).
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by ikeg7416: 4:37am On May 06, 2016
luvinhubby:

And the international finance institutions, world acclaimed ivory towers & foreign nations keep celebrating your 'fraud'.

Your madam accountability has not introduced any programme on accountability but still uses BVN, TSS & TSA that was conceived & initiated by Ngozi.

Kemi is not even qualified to be Ngozi's research assistant.

Thank you for this.
It's even insulting to put Ngozi in the sane category with Kemi. Kemi is not even qualified to be Ngozi's housemaid sef

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by emmasege: 6:07am On May 06, 2016
Kemi herself is going to turn out as an economic disaster and the worst thing that ever happened to our finance ministry. Her ineptitude is becoming glaring by the day. You call yourself the nation's chief account officer and yet you don't know how much is in the excesss crude account or how much has been recovered through the TSA.
She's good at covering up her incompetence with her britico assent and fine face, but she obviously lacks 'economy brain'. How can a B.Sc. Economics holder with inadequate experience control the experts in various Departments. Agenciess & industries under her watch. I don't blame her sha, I blame the herdsman who appointed her and believed she could deliver. How much intellect has a herdsman got?
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by macherie1: 6:15am On May 06, 2016
If you watch the video you will admit she makes a lot of sense. This seems to be the first Nigeria's minister of finance that actually knows her job and wants to do it. Kudos. She is Brilliant!!
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by teewhy3(m): 6:31am On May 06, 2016
secnelly:
So, after this grammer, when will $1 =#1

It's grammar please. Not grammer

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by teewhy3(m): 6:38am On May 06, 2016
DIFY20:
seriously can somebody remind again who is how finance ministre

Minister*
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by Sweetguy25: 6:56am On May 06, 2016
BetaThings:

The questions were asked
The excerpts by the OP are very misleading in some ways
Try and watch the video

I watched the video. They didn't ask any of those.
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by Yorubasgreat(f): 7:28am On May 06, 2016
cleatoris:

Ngozi is a fraud. All she gives are frivolous figures from her voodoo economics.
When it comes to accountability and probity, Kemi will eat Ngozi alive and use her bones to pick her teeth.

Tribalism..

Wonder if would have had this sincerity in you if had been same tribe as you..
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by adefizzy(m): 7:34am On May 06, 2016
Very brief answers, she's aware of the kind of people Nigerian are, they can twist anything. Thumbs up to d finance minister, I love people who doesn't talk too much like u.
Re: Transcript Of Kemi Adeosun's Interview On Channels by Yorubasgreat(f): 9:24am On May 06, 2016
adefizzy:
Very brief answers, she's aware of the kind of people Nigerian are, they can twist anything. Thumbs up to d finance minister, I love people who doesn't talk too much like u.

And obviously hasn't done so much too.. Strange love..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban / The Consensus Against Tinubu / President Goodluck Jonathan And First Lady In Super Eagles' Tracksuits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.