Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage (1973 Views)

8 Red Signs You Should Lookout For Before Taking That Girl To The Altar / Overdue Barchelor Meme / 10 Signs She's Really In Love With You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by Crystal70200: 2:52pm On May 05, 2016
Below are the signs that say it is high time you got married:
1. When you keep catching the bride’s bouquet
You have probably attended scores of wedding ceremonies where you keep catching the bouquet. You now have enough bouquets in your house that one could easily mistake it for a flower shop. Remember that catching a bouquet means you would be the next bride. This is a big sign you need to get married.

2. When all your friends are married
If you have been consoling yourself with the saying that there is a time for everything, you need serious help. What other time are you looking for when all your mates are married and you do not have friends to hang out with? Do you have to ridicule yourself any further by becoming a big sis to a group of university girls who are considering getting married themselves?

3. When your friends’ children call you aunty
There is no point watching your friends rebuke their kids each time they call you aunty instead of mummy. That is a big sign you are not young and you need to take life more seriously if you have not been doing so before.

4. When you know the order of event by heart
You have attended series of wedding that you do not need to have the order of event for you to know what point they are at the programme. You know what event comes before what and at what time it should be done. You are so good that you notice when the engager makes a mistake and you even make effort to correct her from your seat. Chaii, your matter is a serious one.

5. When you are older than the other members in your single’s forum
At this point, you do not need anyone to remind you that you need to get married. You are probably the oldest member of the single’s forum organized by the church; the other members are people that were in teenagers’ church when you were in adult church.

6. When everyone has given up on you
Parents are known to be relentless when it comes to certain issues. But in your own case, your parents have left you to do things when you want to because they are tired of saying the same thing over and over. At this point, you need to get married.

7. When you start to calculate the time you first saw your period
You become bothered when you start to calculate how old your first born could have been if you had given birth as soon as you started your period, this is a huge sign you should probably go ahead and marry. At this point, you are sure you could have been a grandma at fifty.

8. When you have enough clothes from other people’s wedding
You have attended enough weddings you have a lot of clothes from being a groom’s man or bride’s maid. It could be so bad that you have every shade of color someone else may be considering for his or her own wedding yet you are still single. It becomes embarrassing when you are tired of people asking you when you they would have to buy clothes for your own wedding too. My brother, it is high time you got married.

9. When the position you are vying for requires you to be married
Another sign that says you ought to get married is when you are vying for a position where the eligible candidates are expected to be married. It could be really embarrassing then when you get screened out for not being married.

10. When you stop craving whores and prostitutes
When the whores and prostitutes you visit often become less desirable, it may be a sign you need something deeper than that. That means it is time to get married and build something meaningful out of life.

Source: https://www.naij.com/817467-10-signs-say-long-overdue-marriage.html
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by wordbank(m): 3:14pm On May 05, 2016
When uve become the chair lady of ashebi association of cougars in Nigeria

When boys start to dey call u juventus
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by darkenkach(m): 3:20pm On May 05, 2016
How many guys are ready for marriage?
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by CaroLyner(f): 4:23pm On May 05, 2016
marriage aint by force anyway

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by tkpoint2(m): 5:41pm On May 05, 2016
CaroLyner:
marriage aint by force anyway

OVERDUE SPOTTED!!!
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by goldbim(f): 6:09pm On May 05, 2016
grin grin grin...NOTE TO SELF:do not catch bouquet @ weddings anymore..,No more buying of aso ebi until further notice!..as for friends kids that calls you aunty,do I care grin.its even more embarrassing when they ask them to call you mummy. .*jst kidding, sha.*like marriage has resumption and closing date.. tongue abegi! .#ntconsolingmyself cos ain't late for me#my God is always on time!! winkit's when you get to let all these bother you, you'l carry egun elegun grin..Nigerians and goandmarry,(5 and 6) grin..

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by Strahovski1(m): 6:11pm On May 05, 2016
Marriage is not by force
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by Vinshu(f): 6:12pm On May 05, 2016
It's not mandatory to be married
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by firstking01(m): 6:27pm On May 05, 2016
wordbank:
When uve become the chair lady of ashebi association of cougars in Nigeria

When boys start to dey call u juventus
Juventus = old ladiescheesy
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by CaroLyner(f): 8:17pm On May 05, 2016
tkpoint2:

OVERDUE SPOTTED!!!
am not up to 21.ode.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by McLeyyin: 8:23pm On May 05, 2016
Lmao. This post is more of hilarity than facts tho cheesy
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 05, 2016
#yawn....

Sounds like marriage is for ladies alone undecided

mtcheeeww angry
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 05, 2016
Vinshu:
It's not mandatory to be married
With all due respect, it unfortunately is.
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by Vinshu(f): 9:26pm On May 05, 2016
SirWere:
With all due respect, it unfortunately is.

Who made it mandatory? And what would happen to single people?
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 05, 2016
Vinshu:

Who made it mandatory? And what would happen to single people?
Culture, Tradition, society, even laws in some cases, really everything that makes up civilization in Nigeria.

Those who die Single in Nigeria? They become a social pariah. A moral lesson for mothers to point to and tell their daughters "You see that woman. Despite everything she owns, she's not married undecidedundecided".
Any act of good she does will always be seen as "suspicious". Any misconduct and people will pounce on her, telling her that's why she aint married.

You don't believe me?? Look at Linda Ikeji grin
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by Vinshu(f): 10:00pm On May 05, 2016
SirWere:
Culture, Tradition, society, even laws in some cases, really everything that makes up civilization in Nigeria.

Those who die Single in Nigeria? They become a social pariah. A moral lesson for mothers to point to and tell their daughters "You see that woman. Despite everything she owns, she's not married undecidedundecided".
Any act of good she does will always be seen as "suspicious". Any misconduct and people will pounce on her, telling her that's why she aint married.

You don't believe me?? Look at Linda Ikeji grin

What you are mistaken is "happiness". It doesn't matter what people say. Those saying "that'd why she ain't married" can't say it to her face they only say it behind close doors. This Linda Ikeji you mentioned, she doesn't even know you exist. Let alone this talk including her name.

So most single women don't even know these talks exists amongst society about them specifically. They are living their life happy. I just Googled linda Ikeji and found something. She is the top blogger in Nigeria. How many Nigerian married women have what she has?

My point is, society or tradition or whatever law can never enforce anyone to get married. People will talk and get tired. What matters is the happiness. If marriage makes a person happy, the person can get married but if being single is what makes a person happy, so let the person be single and happy not shoving it down their throat like they are out cast or they aren't human beings

Personally I don't believe in culture or tradition. I do whatever I like because I don't know who created the culture or tradition and I don't care. All I know is myself.
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 06, 2016
Vinshu:

What you are mistaken is "happiness". It doesn't matter what people say. Those saying "that'd why she ain't married" can't say it to her face they only say it behind close doors. This Linda Ikeji you mentioned, she doesn't even know you exist. Let alone this talk including her name.

So most single women don't even know these talks exists amongst society about them specifically. They are living their life happy. I just Googled linda Ikeji and found something. She is the top blogger in Nigeria. How many Nigerian married women have what she has?

My point is, society or tradition or whatever law can never enforce anyone to get married. People will talk and get tired. What matters is the happiness. If marriage makes a person happy, the person can get married but if being single is what makes a person happy, so let the person be single and happy not shoving it down their throat like they are out cast or they aren't human beings

Personally I don't believe in culture or tradition. I do whatever I like because I don't know who created the culture or tradition and I don't care. All I know is myself.

Really inspiring talk.
No really, it is, if only it was applicable in real life.

Of course, one can turn his back on society. One can say "f**k them all" and not give a whit what they think about someone.

Problem is, Society always wins.

Don't believe in Culture? Lol, that's funny.
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by pressplay55: 4:26pm On May 06, 2016
when you keep changing church all the name of going for prayers.
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by Vinshu(f): 4:54pm On May 06, 2016
SirWere:

Really inspiring talk.
No really, it is, if only it was applicable in real life.

Of course, one can turn his back on society. One can say "f**k them all" and not give a whit what they think about someone.

Problem is, Society always wins.

Don't believe in Culture? Lol, that's funny.

Culture and Society can kiss my ass. Society isn't paying my bills neither is it feeding me.
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 06, 2016
Vinshu:

Culture and Society can kiss my ass. Society isn't paying my bills neither is it feeding me.

grin I guess you're not a celebrity.
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by Vinshu(f): 5:02pm On May 06, 2016
SirWere:

grin I guess you're not a celebrity.

Nope. I'm not a fan of publicity. I just like it private.
Re: 10 Signs You Are Long Overdue For Marriage by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 06, 2016
Vinshu:

Nope. I'm not a fan of publicity. I just like it private.
grin grin. You are one strange girl

(1) (Reply)

What If This Are Your Brides Maids? (Hot PICs) / I'm Quiting Nairaland Today! / See The Nude She Sent Me (picture) 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.