Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

What Scares You Most In Life? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Scares You Most In Life? (4230 Views)

What Is The One Thing That Scares You The Most / Am I Being Wired??? The Thought Of Marriage Always Scares Me / She Scares Me With Dis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by donbenedict(m): 1:09pm On May 06, 2016
iAmCharis:
Exactly! That's what killed her. She nurtured the fear for so long till it took over her and led her by hand to the great beyond. You don't want to have such experience, right? grin
grin e get some kyn flying of mind wey go just happen eh, Chei.. well, I dnt want to hav such experience cheesy
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 06, 2016
Poverty
Marriage
Having kids
I don't want any responsibility of any kind men. God forbid.
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 06, 2016
donbenedict:
grin e get some kyn flying of mind wey go just happen eh, Chei.. well, I dnt want to hav such experience cheesy
Then you better get rid of the fear or.......... gringrin
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 06, 2016
layla129:

No toasting in the thread please! Goan eat your food angry
sad
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by ronald4ever(m): 1:18pm On May 06, 2016
iAmCharis:
Hahaha egbon, you want to eat your cake and have it. grin

Ever thought of never getting married since you're not comfortable with some things that come with marriage?

Sure have thought about not getting married but the thought of bearing progeny from a divided home scares me a lot too. Like most men, I want to have kids but looking at the pros and cons of kids from separated/divided home no one wants that kind of outcome.

Then returning home everyday with a welcome kiss and dinner served with mandatory 'bedmatics' exercise are also one of the things every man like myself can't do without. Though a girlfriend can still help in this regard but for how long na.

Marriage is just a 50/50 thing to me which has many advantage just like disadvantages but whichever way freedom is vital and respected. Not freedom to cheat or play games but just some space and maintain some individualism in the union.
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by Kolade354(m): 1:27pm On May 06, 2016
ronald4ever:
Not sure if I've got any but if there's then it's the thought of ever getting married someday. Just don't want anything that will infringe on my freedom and independence. sad
Ashewo man grin
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by ronald4ever(m): 1:31pm On May 06, 2016
layla129:

Huh Are you kidding? What freedom are you talking about here? angry clubbing?

No, not clubbing but even if I feel like clubbing I don't want my phone to be ringing at intervals to come home or some nagging at me.

Here are a snippet of what scares me in marriage. I'm one person who doesn't really like to be accountable for my movement, I can close from work and hang out in a pub or a karaoke live band show and just want to relax without anyone asking where are you or start asking questions. I don't want to come home and then start accounting for where I've been all day and all that sh1t.

If I want to watch a particular tv channel all day I also don't want to be told to change it, let me be free in my home and do whatever I want. I may also just wake up today and pack my bags and off to Amsterdam or Frankfurt as a single individual but when married I can't just do that, I have to account and inform my wife before doing so and I hate accounting to anyone about my life. There are many many things but these are just a fraction of it.

Not also tooting my own trumpet but I believe I've worked hard and secured some reasonable stuff for myself and still striving hard to secure more better things of life and I don't want to get married today then divorce tomorrow and someone just initiate for alimony and I'm left near empty handed over all what I laboured to secure.
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by ronald4ever(m): 1:33pm On May 06, 2016
Kolade354:
Ashewo man grin

Haha this blues man. See as una club Bleep up? Abeg swerve. grin
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by Kolade354(m): 1:40pm On May 06, 2016
ronald4ever:

Haha this blues man. See as una club Bleep up? Abeg swerve. grin
We're coming back next season to win the league grin
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 06, 2016
ronald4ever:

Sure have thought about not getting married but the thought of bearing progeny from a divided home scares me a lot too. Like most men, I want to have kids but looking at the pros and cons of kids from separated/divided home no one wants that kind of outcome.

Then returning home everyday with a welcome kiss and dinner served with mandatory 'bedmatics' exercise are also one of the things every man like myself can't do without. Though a girlfriend can still help in this regard but for how long na.

Marriage is just a 50/50 thing to me which has many advantage just like disadvantages but whichever way freedom is vital and respected. Not freedom to cheat or play games but just some space and maintain some individualism in the union.
Freedom for some individualism in a marriage? Lol

While there might be some lady out there looking for a guy with your point of view but don't you think that's somewhat insensitive considering your woman's feelings? She sure won't be happy to have a husband who wants to live a private life. Maybe you should adjust this some individualism the union thingy.

Well, maybe you haven't met that lady you'll want to share your whole life with.
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by ronald4ever(m): 2:29pm On May 06, 2016
iAmCharis:
Freedom for some individualism in a marriage? Lol

While there might be some lady out there looking for a guy with your point of view but don't you think that's somewhat insensitive considering your woman's feelings? She sure won't be happy to have a husband who wants to live a private life. Maybe you should adjust this some individualism the union thingy.

Well, maybe you haven't met that lady you'll want to share your whole life with.

I know it's impossible. Marriage is about two becoming one so to think it's possible is foolish. And perhaps I just haven't found the lady yet.

Kolade354:
We're coming back next season to win the league grin

Yimu. Relegation awaits you guys next season. tongue

1 Like

Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by layla129(f): 2:33pm On May 06, 2016
Lsofdk:
what scares me most ain't death itself.
not knowing how and when i would die scares the hell outta me, imagine someday one would cease to exist *just like that* undecided

So scary lipsrsealed
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by Stanleywaxy(m): 3:16pm On May 06, 2016
Two things : Where will I be after I must've given up , and what will life be like afterwards ? embarassed embarassed embarassed

2) Falling in Love embarassed embarassed ... scares me like a vampire movie embarassed embarassed
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by KingRex1(m): 3:31pm On May 06, 2016
Getting married to the wrong one.

Poverty.

Death of loved ones.. Fortunately the first two wont happen bt the third is inevitable.
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by deluxez12(m): 4:02pm On May 06, 2016
layla129:

Cool, i want to be like you when i grow up grin
grin
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by layla129(f): 5:04pm On May 06, 2016
tensazangetsu:
Poverty
Marriage
Having kids
I don't want any responsibility of any kind men. God forbid.

Funny, you don't want responsibilities Weird its coming from a man
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by layla129(f): 5:08pm On May 06, 2016
ronald4ever:

No, not clubbing but even if I feel like clubbing I don't want my phone to be ringing at intervals to come home or some nagging at me.

Here are a snippet of what scares me in marriage. I'm one person who doesn't really like to be accountable for my movement, I can close from work and hang out in a pub or a karaoke live band show and just want to relax without anyone asking where are you or start asking questions. I don't want to come home and then start accounting for where I've been all day and all that sh1t.

If I want to watch a particular tv channel all day I also don't want to be told to change it, let me be free in my home and do whatever I want. I may also just wake up today and pack my bags and off to Amsterdam or Frankfurt as a single individual but when married I can't just do that, I have to account and inform my wife before doing so and I hate accounting to anyone about my life. There are many many things but these are just a fraction of it.

Not also tooting my own trumpet but I believe I've worked hard and secured some reasonable stuff for myself and still striving hard to secure more better things of life and I don't want to get married today then divorce tomorrow and someone just initiate for alimony and I'm left near empty handed over all what I laboured to secure.

Oh, now i get you. I was like this but had to let it go...its a mission impossible for me as a lady.

Lol, you want the beautiful side of marriage but detest the ugly part. You just have to learn it
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by layla129(f): 5:09pm On May 06, 2016
KingRex1:
Getting married to the wrong one.

Poverty.

Death of loved ones.. Fortunately the first two wont happen bt the third is inevitable.

Hmmm life embarassed
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 06, 2016
layla129:

Funny, you don't want responsibilities Weird its coming from a man
I know right. I don't see why someone who's earning less than 500k a month should even have a family or get married in this hard economic times.
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by layla129(f): 7:02pm On May 06, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Two things : Where will I be after I must've given up , and what will life be like afterwards ? embarassed embarassed embarassed

2) Falling in Love embarassed embarassed ... scares me like a vampire movie embarassed embarassed

Why are you scared of falling in love? It's a beautiful thing undecided
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by layla129(f): 7:03pm On May 06, 2016
tensazangetsu:

I know right. I don't see why someone who's earning less than 500k a month should even have a family or get married in this hard economic times.

Tell me you're kidding please shocked
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 06, 2016
As for me ;

1. God; I fear Him so very much. That's why I made sure the Him started with a capital letter after I realised it was in small letter.

2. This thing called Anger ; I become overwhelmed in foolishness when I allow that sh!t happen.

3. Fear; I fear fear so very much I fear nobody else but God and the angry side of me.

Lobatan!
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 06, 2016
tensazangetsu:

lol.
You're not just getting the point bro, Marriage is cheaper than you think, Cheaper than a bachelor having many bed warmers I was told.
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by Stanleywaxy(m): 7:22pm On May 06, 2016
layla129:

Why are you scared of falling in love? It's a beautiful thing undecided
Yes it is , but I'm just afraid of it .
Taking the risks , the breakups , the emotions .
I don't think I can handle it but what can I say , I just have to try it and see how it goes .
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by bunmiano: 11:37pm On May 06, 2016
smile
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by ehix89(m): 11:45pm On May 06, 2016
Salex007:
Staying 6 fits under the ground for years all alone
thinking of cremation sef, dat sh!t scares me as f#*k
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by layla129(f): 8:05am On May 07, 2016
Stanleywaxy:

Yes it is , but I'm just afraid of it .
Taking the risks , the breakups , the emotions .
I don't think I can handle it but what can I say , I just have to try it and see how it goes .

Yeah, try it first
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by missyQween(f): 8:42am On May 07, 2016
Premature death Marrying the wrong man and a violent Man Failure and Not accomplishing My dreams Not making paradise or dying as a sinner Not raising my children properly.... This really scared me alot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by Akkord4gov: 8:46am On May 07, 2016
missyQween:
Premature death
Marrying the wrong man and a violent Man
Failure and Not accomplishing My dreams
Not making paradise or dying as a sinner
Not raising my children properly.... This really scared me alot

U reason well
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by missyQween(f): 9:37am On May 07, 2016
Akkord4gov:

U reason well

Thanks....What are ya own fears?
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by Akkord4gov: 9:59am On May 07, 2016
missyQween:

Thanks....What are ya own fears?

We have plenty things in common,the reason I eulogised u. A woman that can think of her children and paradise has always been my dream,also d one that has a dream and working towards it

Unlike u,i am not scared of death though grin grin but I am scared of those that will remain sad forever because of that. That is y I no wan die oooogrin grin grin
Re: What Scares You Most In Life? by hifaif1: 10:00am On May 07, 2016
layla129:
What frightens you most in life? Those things that the thought of them happening to you scares the hell of you.

Well, i have mine too...which are;

1. Getting married to the wrong man.

2. Poverty

3. Going to hell cry

Pardon me, i'm not really sure of the section where this should be embarassed

TGIF! Whoop whoop grin

There is no hell as they make you believe!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Attend A Wedding Ceremony Of Ur EX? / Finding A Husband Is Hard.. True Or False? / 10 Memes Of Different Types Of Women Desperate For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.