Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,960 members, 7,838,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 (53641 Views)

Two Male And Two Female Suicide Bombers Kill 12 In Borno / Gunmen Invade Villages In Bonny, Rivers State, Kill Four (Graphic Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Tarfi, Benue Village, Kill 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by gud4dbest(m): 4:23pm On May 08, 2016
ericuzor:

Meanwhile, in an interview with Sunday Vanguard, the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, said herdsmen had lived with the people across the country for decades, hinting that those behind recent killings could have been foreigners.

Specifically, Arase said the killers could have been armed men displaced from their countries by the Libya and Mali crises.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/herdsmen-strike-kill-12/
This talk is highly unprofessional...so,I will b killing in another man's country to express d greviance I av against my country and I'll b sure to be given some hearing...Arase,wot are u spewing?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by Nusaf: 4:23pm On May 08, 2016
osabuohein:
The same PMB that ordered the military to crush NDA hasn't ordered the same military to crush fulani herdsmen. We are watching.
Which of the herdsmen do u want him to crush? The law-abiding ones going about their legitimate businesses or the suspected faceless ones?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 08, 2016
Not again baba dura your kings Men know day tyre 4 all this killings there's GOD OOOOOOO.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by omenka(m): 4:24pm On May 08, 2016
The story says "suspected herdsmen" and the title says "herdsmen". In no part of the body of the story was "Fulani" mentioned, but the op just had to give his own preferred title "Fulani herdsmen" and it was moved to the fp without due diligence.

Seun, Mynd44, Lalasticlala, you people should play your part in addressing this stereotype. This nonsense is being promoted while you guys look the other way.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by HomeOfMe(f): 4:24pm On May 08, 2016
ericuzor:
By Emeka Mamah

People suspected to be herdsmen, yesterday, attacked Coromo and two other villages in Gassol Local Government Area of Taraba State, killing about 12 persons and wounding about 18 others seriously. Local sources said those killed included seven men, two women and children, while 13 houses were burnt.

Information about the attack was sketchy, last night, but it was said that the herdsmen launched the attack following a long standing land dispute over farm lands. The herdsmen reportedly stormed the town in the night and started attacking Tivs who had come back to farm on their lands. It was said that hundreds of the natives fled to neighbouring villages while others ran to the Gassol B Police Divisional headquarters for their safety.

Efforts to speak with Taraba State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Joseph Kwaji, were fruitless as he did not pick calls to his mobile telephone, but sources at the police headquarters confirmed the incident, saying that armed policemen had been dispatched to the affected communities to maintain peace. The Taraba incident came on the heels of the massacre by suspected herdsmen in an Enugu suburb which triggered outrage.

Before then, there had been reported attacks by suspected herdsmen across the country.

Meanwhile, in an interview with Sunday Vanguard, the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, said herdsmen had lived with the people across the country for decades, hinting that those behind recent killings could have been foreigners.

Specifically, Arase said the killers could have been armed men displaced from their countries by the Libya and Mali crises.

Fulani herdsmen,na una dey reign o! From boko haram to fulani herdsmen.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by Triciasexy87(f): 4:26pm On May 08, 2016
funny u
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by crownbryan(m): 4:28pm On May 08, 2016
I still believe in the following conspiracy theories;

1) The recent falani herdsmen attacks is perpetuated by Boko haram in disguise.

2) The south east or south south, are framing up this act to destabilize the present administration (note, I am not political incline, and I don't care who is in power, but nothing is impossible).

3) The herders developed confidence more than ever to wage war against other region in other to islamize, and dominate (the falanis are nomad who migrate into north east in the 1808 to propagate islam religion. Leads by Usmal Danfodio)

The government needs to be swift in its responsible if it doesn't want civil war which is looming to break and shatter us all.

May God save us.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by gud4dbest(m): 4:28pm On May 08, 2016
MotherConfesor:
The more you look, the less u see!!!
nah so milady,it's beta u confess Bubu to open up ooo!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by tola9ja: 4:29pm On May 08, 2016
buhari must treat this people like boko haram

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by calaway: 4:31pm On May 08, 2016
omenka:
The story says "suspected herdsmen" and the title says "herdsmen". In no part of the body of the story was "Fulani" mentioned, but the op just had to give his own preferred title "Fulani herdsmen" and it was moved to the fp without due diligence.

Seun, Mynd44, Lalasticlala, you people should play your part in addressing this stereotype. This nonsense is being promoted while you guys look the other way.
JUDAS....LOOK AT THE SET THAT KILLED YOUR PEOPLE IN AGATU TAKING OFF FROM THE RIVER NIGER BANK OF NASSARAWA STATE....YET YOU CONTINUE TO GIVE THEM COVER? DONT WORRY THEY WILL COME AGAIN TO YOU VERY OWN VILLAGE WHEN YOU ARE HOME..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwI1y9dzY9s

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by MNDY(m): 4:32pm On May 08, 2016
But how can the president nip them in the bud when they are spread across the lenght and breadth of this country?
-
Perhaps his silence should not be taken as support for their activities even if the herdsmen are capitalizing on the fact that a fellow Hausa now rules the country whatsoever to carry out their heinous activities!
-
On the other hand, if a grazing reserve will address the problem, government should speed up its implementation before we have a full-blown herdsmen terrorism national issue on our hands!
-
The order of military deployment to Niger Delta to face the new militant group is because they (the militant group) and their activities are restricted to a particular area and region!
-
The herdsmen are everywhere in this country! And I am not even safe in my own remote area here where we see them pass by everyday!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by gud4dbest(m): 4:33pm On May 08, 2016
omenka:

affirmations that they were fulanis herdsmen were several in the body of the news...so wot do u mean?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 08, 2016
The government should just look into this things sharpardly.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by DXPANCIATED(m): 4:36pm On May 08, 2016
IG SO ON POINT!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by gud4dbest(m): 4:39pm On May 08, 2016
crownbryan:

2) The south east or south south, are framing up this act to destabilize the present administration (note, I am not political incline, and I don't care who is in power, but nothing is impossible).

3) The herders developed confidence more than ever to wage war against other region in other to islamize, and dominate (the falanis are nomad who migrate into north east in the 1808 to propagate islam religion. Leads by Usmal Danfodio)

The government needs to be swift in its responsible if it doesn't want civil war which is looming to break and shatter us all.

May God save us.
if this is the civil war that we shatter Nigeria to the various regions be4 amalgamatn let it b afterall where av we headed since 50years ago!

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by Feraz(m): 4:40pm On May 08, 2016
crownbryan:

May God save us.
What in the world is wrong with you? So the SS/SE were the ones that framed the numerous attacks that happened in Agatu, Plateau, some parts of Middle Belt and now, this one in Taraba? How low can you get? Keep denying till it gets out of hand.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 08, 2016
lestat:

Nobidy clicked like to your nonsense comment because even a 10 yeR old knows that we the people have to act or we will keep hearing this rubbish!
Of other countries didn't take deliberate steps to better their country they wouldn't get it from the pulpit!

So pls shut up if you have nothing sensible to contribute!

If you don't read and educate yourself keep saying God will put wisdom In my head you will fail your exams!
So pls get away with this crap!!
l
God helps those who help themselves
Absolutely! %100000 Right! like typical nigerians waiting for God to solve all their problems, even in the so called Bible there was war, God supported some wars too, if one country or people are been surpressed or marginalised they fight to save themselves or Retaliate.
if nigerians crosses fingers waiting for God i am afraid i guess God has other important issues to handle. with all the so called pastors in nigeria are they not praying enough? perharps they are not praying at all. they are busy enriching themselves with material things
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by gud4dbest(m): 4:44pm On May 08, 2016
oshe11:
wat more cn I SAY
oghene doh!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by ridwanayo(m): 4:44pm On May 08, 2016
Fulani again,smh bubu call ur brothers to order
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by alt3r3g0: 4:46pm On May 08, 2016
ericuzor:
By Emeka Mamah

People suspected to be herdsmen, yesterday, attacked Coromo and two other villages in Gassol Local Government Area of Taraba State, killing about 12 persons and wounding about 18 others seriously. Local sources said those killed included seven men, two women and children, while 13 houses were burnt.

Information about the attack was sketchy, last night, but it was said that the herdsmen launched the attack following a long standing land dispute over farm lands. The herdsmen reportedly stormed the town in the night and started attacking Tivs who had come back to farm on their lands. It was said that hundreds of the natives fled to neighbouring villages while others ran to the Gassol B Police Divisional headquarters for their safety.

Efforts to speak with Taraba State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Joseph Kwaji, were fruitless as he did not pick calls to his mobile telephone, but sources at the police headquarters confirmed the incident, saying that armed policemen had been dispatched to the affected communities to maintain peace. The Taraba incident came on the heels of the massacre by suspected herdsmen in an Enugu suburb which triggered outrage.

Before then, there had been reported attacks by suspected herdsmen across the country.

These herdsmen have been around for ages. Seems there is more to this recent rise in violence than meets the eye

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by gud4dbest(m): 4:47pm On May 08, 2016
comrChris:
God will deliver us from all these troubles I j n
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by gud4dbest(m): 4:47pm On May 08, 2016
comrChris:
God will deliver us from all these troubles I j n
if u wan pray, pray;which1 be 'I jn'
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by collitexnaira(m): 4:48pm On May 08, 2016
Fulani hardmen attacked..
What fucking location?

.... FALSE News
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by Ramanto(m): 4:49pm On May 08, 2016
I'm Seriously Suspecting Boko Haram
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by kwyllancy: 4:50pm On May 08, 2016

No body cares the hoot about where they came from, they are bunch of murderers. Kill them all, MR IG.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 08, 2016
Feraz:
The green bolded, hope y'all can see it? I'm pointing this out before some NLers say that it was the villagers who started attacking them.

The red bolded, he prolly doesn't want them to 'replace' him like they did his Enugu counterpart.

The blue bolded, isn't that an indictment on the police and immigration officers that they aren't able to protect the borders of the countries if foreigners can just come in to cause havoc?
God bless you and your families. only a great mind like yours would see this, i am glad that there are still intelligent folks like you in nigeria. what you have highlited here is a desperate attempt to cover this incident up and to skew peoples mind, divert attentions away from the Real culprits which every nigerian can see and knows its the Fulani hersdmen.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by crownbryan(m): 4:51pm On May 08, 2016
Feraz:
What in the world is wrong with you? So the SS/SE were the ones that framed the numerous attacks that happened in Agatu, Plateau, some parts of Middle Belt and now, this one in Taraba? How low can you get? Keep denying till it gets out of hand.

I am not pointing accusing finger on any tribe. It is just a conspiracy theory and it not impossible.

The Boko haram, were Hausa/falanis predominately in the north, but they spread their operation to other part of Nigeria during the cause of their violent agitation.

As information is viral, the movement of terror can not be curtail by the strikers.

What we need is prayer and preparation. Being tribalitic and religion bigotry only spike hate and backwardness for this country. Let's look inward, then outward and way forward.

It just a theory.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 08, 2016
Your head dey dere ma guy...
Bassee:
Evil, just Evil! You know what's sickening about all these? The loud silence from Aso Rock! Buhari knows how to order the crushing of militants and Biafra warlords but his brothers walk around the country and assign more value to the lives of cattle and nothing is being done. To all of you who want patience and support from Nigerians, it's freaking too late! And I blame Buhari, I blame Northern Nigeria and I blame the APC. These people destroyed all bits of humanity the average Nigerian had. Every gunshot, every bomb blast was seen as a victory against Jonathan. Some even prayed silently for more bombs to go off so they could rush to social media and "crocodily" cry on the graves of the innocent. The tables have turned today, no one cares anymore and I pity the average Fulani who has no hand in all these. Every Fulani man today in the south is seen as a potential terrorist. Buhari can junket all he wants, fight Saraki like we care but he doesn't have the faintest idea of what he's messing with. Very soon he'll speak, but he won't speak because the herdsmen are killing, but because he won't be able to contain the shock when Nigerians in the south storm Northern settlements and exact vengeance on the people there. What happened in Aba is just a tip of what's to come, the people are angry, taking blood will soon start feeling like drinking water. We on this side can only watch and pray.

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by Feraz(m): 4:57pm On May 08, 2016
crownbryan:

I am not pointing accusing finger on any tribe. It is just a conspiracy theory and it not in possible.

The Boko haram, were Hausa/falanis predominately in the north, but they spread their operation to other part of Nigeria during the cause of their violent agitation.

As information is viral, the movement of terror can not be curtail by the strikers.

Who we need is prayer and preparation. Being tribalitic and religion bigotry only spite hate and backwardness for this country. Let's look inward, then outward and way forward.

It just a theory.
You did the moment you said in your opening comment that you believe these conspiracy theories.

As for prayers, I do not think God will agree with you about that.

Of course, being tribalistic isn't the bane of development but you cannot help but become one when you see how skewed things are.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by omenka(m): 4:58pm On May 08, 2016
gud4dbest:
affirmations that they were fulanis herdsmen were several in the body of the news...so wot do u mean?
You are a shameless liar. The story is right in front of you yet hatred would let your mind see the truth. Quote one line in the body of the news where Fulani was mentioned- I mean just one.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Coromo In Taraba State, Kill 12 by Mbediogu(m): 5:00pm On May 08, 2016
ericuzor:
By Emeka Mamah

And who are those displaced from Mali due to instability in their country? Fulanis.
And why did they pass through other countries to come to attack Nigeria?
Why did it not happen before now and why are they being pampered? Is it unlikely to be linked to BH?
Everybody should wake up and help in the fight against terrorism in any disguise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari: Why My Meetings With Jonathan Last Less Than 15 Minutes / Hanan Buhari, Youngest Daughter Of Muhammadu Buhari Stuns In New Photos / Ihedioha Begins Removal Of Okorocha’s Overhead Iron Bars And Trees In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.