Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea (40419 Views)

Southerners Using Fulani Herdsmen To Divide North - Ango Abdullahi / Shocking! United Nations Asked To Divide Nigeria Into Six Republics / Breaking News: Northerners Threatens To Divide From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by Zirius001(m): 1:46pm On May 10, 2016
stop criticizing this man. I think he's trying to express his passion for the unity of Nigeria but I guess those are not the right words to use!
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by ukabrother: 1:54pm On May 10, 2016
kettykin:
President Muhammadu Buhari vowed, yesterday, in his home state of Katsina, to use all resources at his disposal to crush any agitation for the division of Nigeria.

The president said the country fought a civil war which claimed over two million lives in order to be united.

Buhari, who spoke at the palace of Emir of Katsina also urged Nigerians to be patient with his government as, according to him, the current hardship being experienced, may not be unconnected with efforts at laying a solid foundation for sustainable nation building.

Buhari was in Katsina to attend the state’s economic and investment forum which he will officially declare open this morning.

In a veiled reference to the current separatist agitation for Biafra being promoted by a group, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Buhari warned it would be better for the entire country to commit mass suicide than to allow such campaign succeed.

He referred to the promoters of the agitation as “kids” who were not born during the civil war.  According to Buhari, “today, Nigeria is a strong and united sovereign entity because some people laid down their lives for the country.

At least two million people died during the civil war but, today, some people who were not born during the civil war are agitating for the division of the country. We will not let that happen.

For Nigeria to divide now, it is better for all of us to jump into the sea and get drowned

Buhari is too close to the Sea.

Speaking on the economy, Buhari regretted the fall of crude oil price in the international market and further noted that, at the inception of his administration on May 29, 2015, the price per barrel of oil crashed to as low as $30, contrary to what was obtainable during the 16 years of the immediate past Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) government.

“We will not betray the trust Nigerians reposed in us and we will ensure officials of government also act in the national interest,” the President said.

In his remarks, the Emir, Alhaji Abdulmuminu Kabir Usman, urged the Federal Government to re-introduce boarding schools as well as teacher training colleges as part of efforts at producing quality teachers.

According to him, “teacher training colleges helped to groom quality teachers but these days, half-baked teachers teach in our schools.

“Also, in those days, boarding schools helped to maintain discipline among students and mould them into responsible adults.

http://sunnewsonline.com/no-biafra-under-me-buhari/
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by Ijaya123: 2:10pm On May 10, 2016
In other words, anyone who doesn't believe in one Nigeria can go jump into the sea.

The sea is very welcoming.
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by Amanwulu1(m): 2:17pm On May 10, 2016
5thcolm:
I jst read the article and buhari was not quoted to av said anitin about jumping into the sea

Sometimes i wonder if comments are sponsored on nairaland or u guys r jst plain dumb
I don't knw why u ppl like abusing ppl you certainly have no issue wit. Well I don't think u read d correct atticle or may be u skimmed it. Nw u need to read it line by line.
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by zheroes(m): 2:17pm On May 10, 2016
dokiOloye:
Typical hausa/Fulani moslem.
Prefers to die than leave d niger delta resources alone.
Heard they tell their almajiris that d oil in d niger delta belongs to them cos d area is a conquered territory.
the resources belong to Nigeria , point of correction.
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by annnikky(f): 2:21pm On May 10, 2016
D dullard should ask his predecessors like abacha n obj hw far, he should not provoke d Christians cos if they fast n pray together against him, d@ seat will be too hot for him.
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by TheLegal(m): 2:30pm On May 10, 2016
uncle005:
Any Idoma man who support Biafra is a big fool.
I did not mention Idoma in my comment. Idoma can join the Fulanis if they so wish.

1 Like

Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by Nauticaworld: 2:34pm On May 10, 2016
Things will change for good.... Is just a matter of time... All gonna be well again...
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by Rijes: 2:36pm On May 10, 2016
kastroud:

Which kind of economic pillar its high time u guys stop famzing the southsouth ooo

then what is the reason why hausas and yorubas dont want ibos to live..

yorubas calls us fake drug dealers, kidnappers yet they still want to unité with thé so called kidnappers

1 Like

Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by Abbeyunique2(m): 2:45pm On May 10, 2016
tosyne2much:
Bro you're so on point... I had to read the news over and over again and I came to conclusion that many people can read but only few of them can truly comprehend

Shame on our acclaimed educated people... Smh
There is a big diff btw being an educated fellow and being a literate
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by daveson2020(m): 3:10pm On May 10, 2016
Thank you for this. U remind me of something
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by ameobi(m): 3:15pm On May 10, 2016
mr dullard get ready to jump into the sea because here comes #Biafra you nightmare...
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by juman(m): 3:23pm On May 10, 2016
Hiss.

One nigeria lead nigeria to nowhere.

Nothing functioning well. Even confused and unserious laedership.
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by daveson2020(m): 3:23pm On May 10, 2016
If he truly have balls let him release nnamdi kanu n watch how things go.
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by Squares: 3:29pm On May 10, 2016
well baba I don't like rivers not to talk of lagoon even though I'm a lagoshian. I often hear this derogatory statement "Nigeria is not one, we are different, culture, religion bla bla bla" Grow up pple!!!
country is not same thing as town. Kenya, Ghana , Liberia, south Africa etc are pole of different tribes and culture who learnt or learning how to live together.
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by Mr3loader: 3:34pm On May 10, 2016
Lol this Man is still living in the past. He taught that we are still in 67 or 80's. Anyway the world will be seeing u as a lunatic. Am sure u heard wot donald triump said abt u

1 Like

Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by Mr3loader: 3:36pm On May 10, 2016
Squares:
well baba I don't like rivers not to talk of lagoon even though I'm a lagoshian. I often hear this derogatory statement "Nigeria is not one, we are different, culture, religion bla bla bla" Grow up pple!!!
country is not same thing as town. Kenya, Ghana , Liberia, south Africa etc are pole of different tribes and culture who learnt or learning how to live together.
my dear those people u are stupidly refrencing ar happy together. We just want to go, so wots the big deal
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by Mr3loader: 3:39pm On May 10, 2016
This man taught that we are still in the past. Lol i wonder which world power will help u this time. Mr president u are just callin for the destroction of lives cos this is a mordern world, nobody or people is limited to weapon acquisition. Just tink twice b4 u plung Nigeria into disaster
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by Vince77(m): 3:42pm On May 10, 2016
junketer:
Mr buhari does not realise that nigerians are already drowning. This man does not realise that all he has done so far in his first year as president is talk, fly, talk some more and fly again outside the country. Buhari is threatening people destroying pipelines but hasn't done anything to fulanis killing people. Guess the pipelines are more important to him. This man just wanted to be president and nothing else.

I very much agree with the bolded.
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by juman(m): 3:59pm On May 10, 2016
Hmmm. Hmmm. The thread is interesting.

nigeria is already a drown country. Drown in poverty and lack of everything.
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by jaywhoco(m): 4:01pm On May 10, 2016
Whatever happened to the will of the people! ...this thing aint working.

And I am not IPOB

Just a concerned person whose parents were born here and heard many great great great grand parents were born here too

Btw I am a prince in Eket, akwa-ibom! Lol
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by Jesusloveyou: 4:12pm On May 10, 2016
M4gunners:
I refuse to jump into the sea or get drowned. That is not my potion.
it wil not be ur portion, only if u stop wailing, and be rehabitated to be a better person,
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by Excellentmind: 4:15pm On May 10, 2016
He has just spoken his mind which is clearly different from mine and a host of others. He can jump into the sea with those who share the same view and others who will be left behind can now divide it without any opposition.
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by M4gunners: 4:19pm On May 10, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
it wil not be ur portion, only if u stop wailing, and be rehabitated to be a better person,
Wailing for a better Nigeria. If it is paining you, do what is right and stop living on promises.
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 10, 2016
It's good he didn't say this outside Nigeria..... the very first time he is making a " policy " statement inside the country...... I knew he would travel the next day though.
CHANGE is Kwamin......... after 2019 grin
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by billyG(m): 4:40pm On May 10, 2016
M4gunners:
I refuse to jump into the sea or get drowned. That is not my potion.
Then u love unity.
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by billyG(m): 4:45pm On May 10, 2016
pedrilo:
This statement credited to buhari is so unfortunate. His uncouth and unsuited outburst is unbecoming of a president. Very divisive and provocative. Buhari, be careful! U r nt an emperor! This is not 1984!
How on God's earth a statement to b UNITED provocative & divisive?u troublemakers hav been WARNED,only a stubbon fly follow d corpse 2 d grave.
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by billyG(m): 4:51pm On May 10, 2016
googlepikins:
I pray he doesn't see 2017
Do u knew there is a Law called Back 2 sender.
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by impregnable10(m): 6:13pm On May 10, 2016
I cannot blame PMB, I blame Lord Lugade for this unholy political romance in the name of amalgamation.
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by jtwest(m): 6:41pm On May 10, 2016
He should jump first, then everybody will turn back and we will choose another president.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by Alwaystruth: 6:52pm On May 10, 2016
Bubu the independence of Biafra is not within your powers and you don't have to play God.
It only takes one Donald Trump's presidency and others will be history..
Re: Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea by plendil: 7:05pm On May 10, 2016
Pls someone help me out here.

What exactly did PMB say that is causing so much hyperventilation??

Honestly I'm confused!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Facebook Shuts Down Nnamdi Kanu’s Page. IPOB Reacts / David Hundeyin Criticises Peter Obi's Press Conference / Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.