Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price (55707 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Not Contemplating Hike In Petrol Pump Price - SGF Says / Nigerians... Reject The Cabal! / Why Nigerians Reject 9.61 Trillion Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Anseth(m): 4:20pm On May 12, 2016
APC and Pro Buharist are now Re-explaining what #OccupyNigeria stood for in 2012, one day they will Redefine APC... bunch of LIARS

Buhari is not GEJ. GEJ is a democrat, Buhari is a tyrant. If you #OccupyNigeria, he will order shoot at sight.
Don't say I didn't warn YOU.
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by ceaser: 4:22pm On May 12, 2016
sexymonkey:
After graduating, na village straight. #farmingthings

"Poolani herdsmen" will be waiting for you there. Hehehehehe. grin

But jokes apart, I think some form of subsistence farming is in order. Been encouraging peeps to do that ever since the January 2012 fuel subsidy removal by GEJ. As at then I had a small garden that provides basic daily groceries needs for a family of 6 members. You still needed to outsource your rice, yam bla bla bla sha.
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by focus7: 4:24pm On May 12, 2016
The simple reason the previous government was not support to carry out the deregulation was because jonathan could not be trusted to do a honest job. He would either make it to make some people richer or manipulate the process to steal money. The other thing Jonathan is good at beside drinking ogogoro is stealing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Mendelssohn(m): 4:25pm On May 12, 2016
omenka:
Good!! cheesy

Another arrow right through the dark hearts of the Zoofrarians. cheesy

Let them initiate another round of whining on the forum and beyond, type insults directed at Omenka until their thumbs get sore, curse others who dare to take a different position from theirs, and wipe each other's assess clean with their tongues- NOTHING will happen.

If you don't like my comment- go fvck yourself.

If you don't like the President, go fvck yourself.

If you don't like Nigeria, go fvck a gargoyle.

If you don't like Nairaland, go fvck another gargoyle.

If you are too poor and miserable, and think insulting everyone else but your parents would fix your poverty, go get a rope and a chair and do the needful- save the world some oxygen.

If you are an iDaft yoot, screw you with knobs on.

Thank you.

Your head dey there bro.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Kenobus: 4:25pm On May 12, 2016
divinehand2003:
A Push For increment in minimum wage is the right path to take at this juncture.
Deregulation of the downstream oil sector is a good decision and welcome development.
Hope the pump price crashes at the end.
Why are we hypocrites?
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Kenobus: 4:26pm On May 12, 2016
Anseth:
APC and Pro Buharist are now Re-explaining what #OccupyNigeria stood for in 2012, one day they will Redefine APC... bunch of LIARS

Buhari is not GEJ. GEJ is a democrat, Buhari is a tyrant. If you #OccupyNigeria, he will order shoot at sight.
Don't say I didn't warn YOU.
They are bunch of liars. It is unfortunate that we are where we are. Nigerians have to stop this dullard.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by biodun83L(m): 4:27pm On May 12, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
cry GOD why did you send a plague(boooohari) to come destroy us ?
destroy us or destroy u n and ur people wen u dnt kno anyting y wont u b sayin dat
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by omenka(m): 4:27pm On May 12, 2016
cekhoe:
After reading your comment,I had to go check you dp and location,I fit send you my cv?
Of course you can. I don't make any promises though.
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 12, 2016
This Fuel subsidy removal is good and supposed to be a forgotten issue by now, just that too many people where deceived in 2012.
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by byteem: 4:28pm On May 12, 2016
Akshow:
I bought my SIM card with number for 30,000 NAIRA. I made calls 70/per minute, whether it was 25 seconds or 60 seconds. Then MTN held sway.

Glo came. Econet came. Other Telecom companies came. All of a sudden, the price of SIM cards crashed to 3000 and 1000 NAIRA and then nothing! The telecom companies started begging us to pick up their SIM cards for free.

And now, I don't even know what MTN charges for a minute's call again. It's something I take for granted. But in 2004, I always checked my account balance to see how many minute's call my airtime could sustain. I do not have that worry today.

Competition in the sector has driven down the cost of everything. If my MTN line misbehaves, I buy airtime on my Glo network and make calls from there. There were times when MTN gave me bonuses whenever I had dropped their SIM for other networks just to woo me back.

Occasionally, MTN will role incentives, promos and packages to reward my loyalty. Other telecom companies do the same. The endpoint is always to keep their customers happy and hooked to their brands and services.

All that happened because President Obasanjo deregulated the sector. It appeared a crazy idea when he did it, in fact, the cost we borne was humungous. But all that has eased out to usher in an era of choice that comes with comparative ease today.

If you support the government's deregulation of the petroleum sector, though initially things will be tough, but ultimately, it will bring happiness just as we experienced in the telecom sector.

Have you ever imagined a situation where independent marketers will fall over their necks just to have you buy fuel in their stations? And then, you, the buyer, will make your yanga whether to buy in station A or B, if their price, quality and quantity is right.

That time will come, and sooner than we expect. So let's endure the pain of deregulation to enjoy the gain that is sure to come.

ONLY AN HEEDIOT WILL COMPARE THIS SITUATION WITH GSM ... DIFFERENT MARKET FORCES ARE AT WORK HERE .. SO OUTCOME CANNOT BE THESAME...
WHY NOT USE DIESEL AS AN EXAMPLE INSTEAD .. WHY HAS DIESEL NOT CRASHED AFTERALL NO SUBSIDY IS PAID ON DIESEL SUPPLIES

GSM DOES NOT DETERMINE THE OVERALL INFLATION RATE OF THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY FUEL DOES... WITH FUEL INCREASE EVERYTHING SHOOTS UP .
THE TELCOS DO NOT HAVE TO SOURCE FOR SCARCE DOLLARS BEFORE THEY SELL AIRTIME

THE TELCOS DO NOT HAVE TO COPE WITH ZERO INFRASTRUCTURE FOR IMPORTATIONS WHICH INCREASE COST

THE TELCOS DO NOT HAVE TO COPE WITH CABALS WHO STRUGGLE TO GET MONOPOLY..ALL THEY DID WAS TO GET LICENSE SET UP INFRASTRUCTURE AND THEY WERE IN... SO EXPECTEDLY ITS EASY TO CALCULATE THAT..

DIESEL IS DEREGULATED YET ITS STILL EXPENSIVE ... SO WHY HAS DIESEL NOT CRASHED ...

. BAG OF RICE AS AT DECEMBER WAS 12 EVEN WITH FESTIVITIES NOW ITS 18K .. WITH THE FUEL INCREASE IT WILL BECOME 25 K IN NOTIME ..

BASIC FOOD ITEMS ARE SO EXPENSIVE.. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE THE FARMERS ACROSS NORTH EAST SOUTH AND WEST ARE SCARED TO GO INTO THEIR FARMS BECOS OF HERDSMEN SO NO CROPS EXPECTED FOR HARVEST... THE FEW PLANTED WILL DIE BECOS PEOLPLE ARE SCARED.. SO FOOD IS LIKELY TO GET MORE EXPENSIVE..

LIGHT SITUATION IS NOW WORSE .. AT LEAST UNDER CORRUPTION WE HAD 4 TO 7 HOURS DAILY JUST ENUF TO KEEP THE FREEZER COOL AND STORE FOOD .. NOW NOT EVEN SURE OF 1 HR .. SO U NEED MORE FUEL..

SO ADD THE FAMINE PLUS HYPER INFLATION CAUSED BY GOVT DOLLAR POLICY WITH THIS FUEL HIKE .. THE RESULT IS BETTER IMAJINED...

SO B4 U SPILL OUT .. GO TELL THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN WHO HAS TO DEAL WITH THIS ISSUES ON A DAILY BASIS HOW HE IS EXPECTED TO SURVIVE...

THESE APC GUYS HAVE NOTHIN TO OFFER .. THEY ARE "PLAYING TETE WITH GOVERNMENT" JUST GAMBLING ON POLICIES ..TODAY SUBSIDY . TOMORROW NO SUBSIDY NEXT TOMMOROW REFINARIES ARE WORKING NEXT THEY ARNT .. OH MARKETERS SHOULD NOT IMPORT .. ONLY NNPC SHOULD SUPPLY.. NOW ITS OPEN THE FIELD LET EVERYONE IN .. BUT PLACE A PRICE PEG ... WHO IS FOOLING WHO '

.NO PLAN NO LAYOUT NO STRATEGY .. JUST GOING WITH THE FLOOW... NOW WHO IS THE CLUELESS ONE.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Kenobus: 4:28pm On May 12, 2016
Yes, removal of fuel subsidy is the right thing to do. But for the fact that Apc and their cohorts said that subsidy does not exist and that it is a fraud; we should resist it. They must apologise to Nigerians for using lies and propaganda to ascend to power! There is God!
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by GreenNegro(m): 4:29pm On May 12, 2016
omenka:
Good!! cheesy

Let them initiate another round of whining on the forum and beyond, type insults directed at Omenka until their thumbs get sore, curse others who dare to take a different position from theirs, and wipe each other's assess clean with their tongues- NOTHING will happen.

If you are too poor and miserable, and think insulting everyone else but your parents would fix your poverty, go get a rope and a chair and do the needful- save the world some oxygen.

Thank you.
Bro, may God bless you now and forever more..amen

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 12, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

God punish Boooharri and destroy his directionless cabinet/government...amen.
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by kenex4ever(m): 4:32pm On May 12, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing rejection, Nigerians are now doing well grin

If not that EFCC is already dealing with them as expected, they would have started funding protests - here and there.
just as u people funded in lagos with looted money
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by omolola15(m): 4:34pm On May 12, 2016
Akshow:
I bought my SIM card with number for 30,000 NAIRA. I made calls 70/per minute, whether it was 25 seconds or 60 seconds. Then MTN held sway.

Glo came. Econet came. Other Telecom companies came. All of a sudden, the price of SIM cards crashed to 3000 and 1000 NAIRA and then nothing! The telecom companies started begging us to pick up their SIM cards for free.

And now, I don't even know what MTN charges for a minute's call again. It's something I take for granted. But in 2004, I always checked my account balance to see how many minute's call my airtime could sustain. I do not have that worry today.

Competition in the sector has driven down the cost of everything. If my MTN line misbehaves, I buy airtime on my Glo network and make calls from there. There were times when MTN gave me bonuses whenever I had dropped their SIM for other networks just to woo me back.

Occasionally, MTN will role incentives, promos and packages to reward my loyalty. Other telecom companies do the same. The endpoint is always to keep their customers happy and hooked to their brands and services.

All that happened because President Obasanjo deregulated the sector. It appeared a crazy idea when he did it, in fact, the cost we borne was humungous. But all that has eased out to usher in an era of choice that comes with comparative ease today.

If you support the government's deregulation of the petroleum sector, though initially things will be tough, but ultimately, it will bring happiness just as we experienced in the telecom sector.

Have you ever imagined a situation where independent marketers will fall over their necks just to have you buy fuel in their stations? And then, you, the buyer, will make your yanga whether to buy in station A or B, if their price, quality and quantity is right.

That time will come, and sooner than we expect. So let's endure the pain of deregulation to enjoy the gain that is sure to come.

God bless you sir. So so thoughtful

happney65 I supported GEJ's subsidy removal back then with this same point up there. You opposed him. Your point wasn't valid back then until now. Where are the sure-p bus and staffs. But I'll still support PMB's move again with this same point. And I'll be hoping Buhari do a good job with money meant for the subsidy. Most people protesting back then were doing it based on the fact that they don't trust the government to handle the sure-p programs. And they were right. Sure-p was another Avenue for scam. But if we can put aside our differences and look for a way forward. In no time we'll be enjoying fuel at the lowest price ever. If dem like make dem occupy everywhere this remains a good plan to me. No more subsidy.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Burger01(m): 4:34pm On May 12, 2016
sexymonkey:
as a physicist that is not on first class; innovation is my best route. And do you know how much cashew is sold per bag? those guys in my village are making it big, just wish me well.
Sure, I wish you well my bruh. When the cheese starts rolling in abeg no forget me for nairaland smiley
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by GreenNegro(m): 4:34pm On May 12, 2016
Akshow:

Koni baje brother, tiyin na a da

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 12, 2016
omenka:
Good!! cheesy

Thank you.

God punish you and the foolish Buhari who does not even know ABC. This is a course from the man of God. Believe me it works.
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by banio: 4:35pm On May 12, 2016
APC and propaganda. I hail o

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by mestine: 4:35pm On May 12, 2016
if I can drive to any filling station and buy fuel at anytime for me it's a welcome idea

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Samtob90(m): 4:38pm On May 12, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

Be guided in your utterances
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by omenka(m): 4:39pm On May 12, 2016
focus7:
The simple reason the previous government was not support to carry out the deregulation was because jonathan could be trusted to do a honest job. He would either make it to make some people richer or manipulate the process to steal money. The other thing Jonathan is good at beside drinking ogogoro is stealing.
This is exactly what the iDaft yoots fail to understand.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by hustla(m): 4:39pm On May 12, 2016
Well, I for one support the increase as its coming from. A government that's trying it's best as it is. There should be at least fuel everywhere and no queues, it's absurd. Refineries should be built, we should have at least 20 in this country

Should be followed with an increase In minimum wage though and a reduction in the dependence on oil. Good things will still come in this country Sha but it will take time
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by byteem: 4:41pm On May 12, 2016
michoim:
This is a welcome development by majority of Nigerians to resist NLC who only has one directional way of thinking.
AND WHO TOLD U WE ARE RESISTING NLC ... THE STRIKE IS LONG OVER DUE..... LONG OVER DUE .. THIS TIME ITS OCCUPY ASO ROCK .. THESE GUYS ARE HYPOCRITES... THEY CANT PAY SALARIES .. THEY WNT PAY MINIMUM WAGE .. YET THEY SUBJECT US TO THIS TORTURE .. WHO TOLD U WE ARE RESISTING NLC .. INFACT WE ARE HOPING THEY DNT SUCCOMB TO BLACK MAIL AND SHELVE THE STRIKE.. WE NEED TO SPEAK OUR MIND .. ENUF OF ALL THIS TRASH GOVERNANCE .. TETE GOVERNMENT .

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by elohim315: 4:45pm On May 12, 2016
which way 9ja
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by Heavance(m): 4:45pm On May 12, 2016
Fela was right after all about this man, how can you do such a thing all of a sudden like Jona did on 1st of January? And some youths who have never worked are defending him, knowing how much ordinary pure water is sold right now.
How can any one throw insults on Jona during the subsidy issue and praise Buhari for this? Really, we are hypocrites........ Fashola sef doesn't practice what he preaches...... Is this the change that people claimed Buhari will bring? I just wanna hate my country more
Re: Nigerians Reject Labour Move Against Pump Price by MrAdetunjiBayo: 4:45pm On May 12, 2016
Very good one from daily trust the fulani paper. We yoruba muslims in abeokuta will deal decisively with any infidel caught protesting against our Buhari in yorubaland. Say Buhari!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ambode, Ashafa, Abike-dabiri Tipped To Replace Late Oshinowo / The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu / PDP Agent's Hand Pictured On The Ground After Being Hacked Off In Kano. Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.