Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680447 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
Tods:

Congrats ....am going for ms mathematics too, I pray I be favoured too.

Amen you will be favored in Jesus name. Try to have a research topic cos I actually had that research topic that's why I was able to explain it to the VO even thou my course is not a research based course. As a serious student one should always have a proposed research topic that you find interest in and that's what really helped me.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
DareFadi:

I think he needs to clarify what happened here. ....i didnt read it as a mistake more of he had d right school on ds160 and right i20 but they just asked him not about that school he picked but one of d schools he mentioned he applied to .

My opinion

1, With what he posted, the two schools gave him admission and he went to embassy with the two schools I-20 and mistaken gave the VO info about another school he didn't filled and maybe that's the reason the VO asked the question from him.

Let's come to think of it this way, How can VO ask you about research in another school that you didn't fill unless you made mention to the VO about that school research just as the way everyone used it to win VO's heart during interview.. gringringrin

2, VO wanted to know why you choose this particular school that you finally settled for ahead of other schools you applied to and you didn't settled for but why would VO asked you to tell talk about the research of other schools you didn't finally settled for instead of the school your finally picked ahead of other? Don't you think this is strange

3, The truth is that the applicant is confused because of the denial for now maybe after few days he will get himself back and remember what really and truly happened.

4, Imagine VO asking you the research in unilag when you didn't fill Unilag in your ds160 but uniben or VO asking you about Texas where your school is not located but your school is located in Tennessee... It means the VO just wanted to test you and your ability and intelligent if you know what you are going for and where you are going as well..

5, I stand to be corrected here, I think the VO didn't ask him the research about other school he didn't pick or filled on his ds160 that he is not going, if peradventure the VO ask then it's a wrong question to take him off his feet and he should have told the VO sorry I didn't pick that school because of the research you wanted to know but I picked this school and the VO will say oh sorry!, there is nothing bad when you correct VO during interview because some VO can be funny to ask you those kind of question just for them to know if you know what you are talking about or not.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 8:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
To all applicants, I wish you all success in your interview
Try to have a research topic cos I actually had that research topic that's why I was able to explain it to the VO even thou my course is not a research based course. As a serious student one should always have a proposed research topic that you find interest in and that's what really helped me.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
SilentPistol:

Gurus in the house, is it possible to provide I-20 of a school and claim you'll be headed for a different school during visa interview? This right here, I think, is what went wrong. Refire and use GSU's I-20 this time. But during your next interview, explain the mistake you made & how you've learnt your lesson.

I assume the guy is still confused and shocked with the outcome of his interview and he can't recollect fully what actually went wrong and how the questions were asked..

To those who were first delayed in their first interview will understand the kind of mood and feeling that will over shadow them and for hours it will be like Hollywood and Nollywood film trick and they will forget some of the questions but later remember 95% of the question

Same thing and feelings applicable to those who got their visa as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
DareFadi:

This is actually favoured or unmerited favour as we Naija say it. Some other interviewer or VO will not be patient with you and just deny that this : one is not making sense.....but in this case taking the time to give the person a chance because you spot "qualified " qualities

Favoured all the way ..... I pray the rest of my nairaland people be given the opportunity to express themselves or be favoured even if they go off point briefly ..

Abeg leave all of dem wey don't know how favour or unmerited favour works..

If you talk too much they say you are preaching or you are too religious.. gringringrin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
Justwise What happened and why did you hide my post

Just explain....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by sofadj(m): 8:30pm On Jun 28, 2016
Walspring:

My opinion
1, With what he posted, the two schools gave him admission and he went to embassy with the two schools I-20 and mistaken gave the VO info about another school he didn't filled and maybe that's the reason the VO asked the question from him.
Let's come to think of it this way, How can VO ask you about research in another school that you didn't fill unless you made mention to the VO about that school research just as the way everyone used it to win VO's heart during interview.. gringringrin
2, VO wanted to know why you choose this particular school that you finally settled for ahead of other schools you applied to and you didn't settled for but why would VO asked you to tell talk about the research of other schools you didn't finally settled for instead of the school your finally picked ahead of other? Don't you think this is strange
3, The truth is that the applicant is confused because of the denial for now maybe after few days he will get himself back and remember what really and truly happened.
4, Imagine VO asking you the research in unilag when you didn't fill Unilag in your ds160 but uniben or VO asking you about Texas where your school is not located but your school is located in Tennessee... It means the VO just wanted to test you and your ability and intelligent if you know what you are going for and where you are going as well..
5, I stand to be corrected here, I think the VO didn't ask him the research about other school he didn't pick or filled on his ds160 that he is not going, if peradventure the VO ask then it's a wrong question to take him off his feet and he should have told the VO sorry I didn't pick that school because of the research you wanted to know but I picked this school and the VO will say oh sorry!, there is nothing bad when you correct VO during interview because some VO can be funny to ask you those kind of question just for them to know if you know what you are talking about or not.
Walspring:

I assume the guy is still confused and shocked with the outcome of his interview and he can't recollect fully what actually went wrong and how the questions were asked..

To those who were first delayed in their first interview will understand the kind of mood and feeling that will over shadow them and for hours it will be like Hollywood and Nollywood film trick and they will forget some of the questions but later remember 95% of the question

Same thing and feelings applicable to those who got their visa as well.

I think it all boils down to being confident in your interview. Be confident as you listen carefully and answer intelligently and carefully as well.

Even if the VO deliberately asked about the research in the school you didnt choose, answer by letting him know you know what youre doing. Intelligenty bring up the issue of the school you chose and study VO's body language

e.g.
School A predominantly deals with Bleep research, however in the final analysis, I wasnt as much impressed by their faculty compared to School B Which was why I chose school B over A. Also Bleep research in School A hasnt produced much result since inception unlike School B which .....

Take charge of the interview and show you were in charge of your admission process.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:34pm On Jun 28, 2016
sofadj:

I think it all boils down to being confident in your interview. Be confident as you listen carefully and answer intelligently and carefully as well.

Even if the VO deliberately asked about the research in the school you didnt choose, answer by letting him know you know what youre doing. Intelligenty bring up the issue of the school you chose and study VO's body language

e.g.
School A predominantly deals with Bleep research, however in the final analysis, I wasnt as much impressed by their faculty compared to School B Which was why I chose school B over A. Also Bleep research in School A hasnt produced much result since inception unlike School B which .....

Take charge of the interview and show you were in charge of your admission process.

Exactly! You are on point and that what should be done..

Nice one big boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by olamonsor2: 8:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
lionlee216:

Usa thread go don reach part 15 before u come back on sept 6... well, it will makr u av time for school

Yes I need to go and prepare for Skul.. By the power that established MFM you will get your
visa and others..

Yours brother

Endowed Lee..don

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
olamonsor2:

Yes I need to go and prepare for Skul.. By the power that established MFM you will get your
visa and others..

Yours brother

Endowed Lee..don

Amen in Jesus name..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 8:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
olamonsor2:

By the power that established MFM you will get your
visa and others..

Yours brother

Endowed Lee..don

Amen. Enjoy ur journey to nairaland kirikiri. those place are full of gays like oludare said. ur yansh is covered with the blood of Jesus.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
hardeorlah:

Abeg describe the route to nairaland kirikiri or how u take know say oga JW ban them or let me say how will i know someone is banned.

Funny question...

You just make me dey laugh for here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by damine: 8:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
dicapino:
Hello guys. Apart from Naija food. What would need to buy or carry along.

Anything that a young man may need in graduate school. Thanks

Stuff you'll normally step out to get from a kiosk in front of your house or one corner shop. Think toiletries, hair cream, stationery, glue, nail clipper, stapler, polish & brush(es), suede polish, converter plugs so you can connect your devices to ac power, extra batteries (if you use them for any gadgets), etc. Its when you need many of these "insignificant' things that you'll remember the ease of getting them in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
hardeorlah:

Abeg describe the route to nairaland kirikiri or how u take know say oga JW ban them or let me say how will i know someone is banned.

The person stops posting, posts get hidden n it shows on your profile..

ask dickoflife and sirRiddy lol

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Otiotiotaofik(m): 9:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
Thanks.

I think u are right about the periquisite courses. i just with when through the school brochure and saw some remarks on the their master courses. i will fill in what i saw.
Ekofisk:

I'll advise you fill in what you see except you wanna have another I-20 shipped. 3 years should mean the maximum duration for the program. I know of those who finished their maters program in 18 months. Hope you don't have to take undergraduate perquisite courses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dannybrown19: 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
Who else is coming to North Dakota, precisely Minot, apart from MeekandHoly?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
hardeorlah:

Nawa ooo. The rate at which people are bin ban is greater than the rate at which visa is receive.

let me do the mathematical analysis

rate of Ban > rate of visa

duration of visa > duration of ban

VO that issued visa > oga JW

Prove it joor no be mathematics you dey study
Because one science student prove the question below;

Science Student Can Prove Anything For 10 Marks

Question :
Show that PAPA = MAMA

Education Student ” Out Of Course”

Art Student ”No Way”

Commerce Student ”Cannot Be Proved”

but

Science Student Its Simple

Solution
Proof

As we know,

Pressure(P)= Force/Area

i.e P = F/A

∴F = PA ⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅(i)

Now ,aacording to Newtons 2nd law of Motion,

Force(F) = Mass(M) × Acceleration(A)

i.e F =MA ⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅(ii)

Equating equation (i) and (ii)

PA = MA

Squaring both sides

(PA)² = (MA)²

(PA).(PA) = (MA).(MA)

∴ PAPA = MAMA
(QED)
PROUD SCIENTIST!!.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by hardeorlah: 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2016
[quote author=Walspring post=47021169]

Prove it joor no be mathematics you dey study
Because one science student prove the question below;

Science Student Can Prove Anything For 10 Marks

Question :
Show that PAPA = MAMA

Education Student ” Out Of Course”

Art Student ”No Way”

Commerce Student ”Cannot Be Proved”

but

Science Student Its Simple

Solution
Proof

As we know,

Pressure(P)= Force/Area

i.e P = F/A

∴F = PA ⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅(i)

Now ,aacording to Newtons 2nd law of Motion,

Force(F) = Mass(M) × Acceleration(A)

i.e F =MA ⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅(ii)

Equating equation (i) and (ii)

PA = MA

Squaring both sides

(PA)² = (MA)²

(PA).(PA) = (MA).(MA)

∴ PAPA = MAMA
(QED)
PROUD SCIENTIST!!.

Wow, what a great prove.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dicapino: 9:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
damine:

Stuff you'll normally step out to get from a kiosk in front of your house or one corner shop. Think toiletries, hair cream, stationery, glue, nail clipper, stapler, polish & brush(es), suede polish, converter plugs so you can connect your devices to ac power, extra batteries (if you use them for any gadgets), etc. Its when you need many of these "insignificant' things that you'll remember the ease of getting them in Nigeria.

Thanks damine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
Who else is coming to North Dakota, precisely Minot, apart from MeekandHoly.?
please anyone going to Minot should please signify oooo.... the search is real...please, abeg, biko
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by justwise(m): 10:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
@oluwafemikolade

Please do not use this thread to encourage people to lie in their application.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (402)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.