Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680494 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by calfavour(f): 10:24pm On Jun 28, 2016
dannybrown19:
Who else is coming to North Dakota, precisely Minot, apart from MeekandHoly?

Coming to North Dakota. Grand Forks precisely
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by winson4real(m): 10:27pm On Jun 28, 2016
dannybrown19:
Who else is coming to North Dakota, precisely Minot, apart from MeekandHoly?
meekandholy:
Who else is coming to North Dakota, precisely Minot, apart from MeekandHoly.?
please anyone going to Minot should please signify oooo.... the search is real...please, abeg, biko

I have a friend in that school currently doing her MBA but I don't think she's on NL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jaypoundsgmail(m): 10:34pm On Jun 28, 2016
[quote author=oluphy post=47003929]
Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluwafemikolade(m): 10:36pm On Jun 28, 2016
justwise:
@oluwafemikolade

Please do not use this thread to encourage people to lie in their application.

Thank you.
I only expressed my opinion. I am not encouraging anyone to tell lies
But think when a VO ask an applicant what he has been doing after graduation. What will be the appropriate answer? I just think telling the VO you are idle might affect the VO decision.
NB : it is my opinion.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 10:40pm On Jun 28, 2016
lionlee216:

Amen. Enjoy ur journey to nairaland kirikiri. those place are full of gays like oludare said. ur yansh is covered with the blood of Jesus.

grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jchi9876: 10:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
DeeTus:
Nairaland is now a social media to showcase a crazy attitude towards your seniors, right? Clap for yourself.

I guess you're a jealous type who goes about telling female folks, how bad a man is, not knowing that they are being turned on and when they begin to ask you about his contacts you start screaming like a goat. grin

See the likes of Stevecrun, birds of the same feather will enter pot and be turned to nkwobi together then washed down with better Rosato

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 10:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
Only God will protect us...

Istanbul's Ataturk international airport bombed.
Those flying Turkish air, God will protect you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jchi9876: 10:48pm On Jun 28, 2016
Walspring:

Prove it joor no be mathematics you dey study
Because one science student prove the question below;

Science Student Can Prove Anything For 10 Marks

Question :
Show that PAPA = MAMA

Education Student ” Out Of Course”

Art Student ”No Way”

Commerce Student ”Cannot Be Proved”

but

Science Student Its Simple

Solution
Proof

As we know,

Pressure(P)= Force/Area

i.e P = F/A

∴F = PA ⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅(i)

Now ,aacording to Newtons 2nd law of Motion,

Force(F) = Mass(M) × Acceleration(A)

i.e F =MA ⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅(ii)

Equating equation (i) and (ii)

PA = MA

Squaring both sides

(PA)² = (MA)²

(PA).(PA) = (MA).(MA)

∴ PAPA = MAMA
(QED)
PROUD SCIENTIST!!.

Wuruwuru to the answer even Einstein will not spew this kind of postulation

cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
Congratulations Ashbammy,bailcron & akins2016 Wonderful!. All the best in your academic pursuit in the US!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 10:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
Jchi9876:

Wuruwuru to the answer even Einstein will not spew this kind postulation

cheesy

Lol...

Since Einstein is not alive to spew this kind of postulation another person already done that..

Hahahahaha grin

Every scientists with his/her theory and hardly you will see other scientist giving counter attacker to the theory, (s)he will rather prove or develop another theory out of it..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 11:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
@ bailcron, AshBammy and akins2016,

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 11:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
imperiouxx:
@ bailcron, AshBammy and akins2016,

Cheers!

Thanks bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:29pm On Jun 28, 2016
Jchi9876:

Papa is not equal to mama

Papa get "pipe" mama get "well"
QED grin

Hmmmmmmm

You be funny man no be small.. gringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by meritdee(m): 11:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
AshBammy:
Hopping into Nairaland with plenty smiles on my face ‎
Thank you my sweet Jesus, you always have my back!! Love you Jesus ‎
Thank you to my wonderful Nairaland family, special thanks to my God sent new friends oluphy Texrem meritdee‎ calfavour and DareFadi wonderful woman with a large heart. God bless you all.
So I got my visa approved today ‎
So so excited 
Straight to my interview transcript 
Very friendly vo
Vo: Hello, good morning 
Me: Good morning sir (smiles)
Vo: how did you come about this university 
Me: I was searching via google for a prog in child and family studies based on my passion for children, I stumbled on montclair state uni while searching and their child and advocacy prog interested me, so I applied. ‎
Vo: ok, what other schools did u apply to
Me: pacific oaks and uni of Missouri Columbia 
Vo: why did you pick montclair 
Me: I picked montclair mainly because of the availa‎bilty of the child advocacy program and also its concentration in Public Child Welfare which fits into what I really want + the prog offers a practicum in child welfare which will take the form of a field practice during my course of study looking at his eyes)
Vo: okay okay 
Types for a while ooo‎
Keeps my passport says the ‎golden words
I'm approving ur visa 
That was where my ear stopped working lol
Took the white paper n left 
Im soo excited
My 2 kobo advice : be articulate and look directly in ur vo's eyes, pray n stay calm.  
It is well

‎I pray for others looking to God for thier visa, the Lord will surprise you and give you a testimony in Jesus Name. Amen

Congrats ma'am. I knew u'd get it. Welcome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 11:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
Finally leaving for the states on July 3rd. Who's flying British Airways?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
Angelapinkytoes:
Finally leaving for the states on July 3rd. Who's flying British Airways?

Safe trip..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 12:00am On Jun 29, 2016
Walspring:

Safe trip..
thanks sweetie
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by profx4real(m): 12:54am On Jun 29, 2016
PussySandie:
I hate this just wise... Can he just be like imperiouxx or Mr Ojap or Mr Bigfrancessis

Loooool tongue
U toast am, hin no gree ba
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 1:24am On Jun 29, 2016
meritdee:

Congrats ma'am. I knew u'd get it. Welcome
Thank you Sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 1:25am On Jun 29, 2016
akins2016:

Thanks bro.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 1:25am On Jun 29, 2016
Mekurexx:
Congratulations Ashbammy,bailcron & akins2016 Wonderful!. All the best in your academic pursuit in the US!
Thank you
qhutetomsel:
Congratulations to all those who got their Visa's approved.
All the best in your future endeavours ashbammy,bailcron, akins2016.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Angelapinkytoes(f): 1:26am On Jun 29, 2016
PussySandie:
I hate this just wise... Can he just be like imperiouxx or Mr Ojap or Mr Bigfrancessis
he's doing what he's been paid to do,but I feel he over uses his power sometimes. Nairaland ain't a job girl,for people moaning about being banned all the time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 1:26am On Jun 29, 2016
[quote author=success2000 post=47018042][/quote]
Me senior ke lol at all o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 1:26am On Jun 29, 2016
aadeyi:
Congratulations to ashbammy, akins2016 and bailcron. you all welcome to Obamaland.

@ashbammy i have no doubt about you getting....i saw it coming tru your faith.

Aww,thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 1:28am On Jun 29, 2016
meekandholy:
ashbammy, akins2016, bailcron.. congratulations to you all.
Bailcron I know you might be feeling somehow now and praying seriously as regards the NIV's comment.. Don't bother yourself it is sealed already in Jesus name.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by djmakson(m): 2:17am On Jun 29, 2016
Walspring:

My opinion

1, With what he posted, the two schools gave him admission and he went to embassy with the two schools I-20 and mistaken gave the VO info about another school he didn't filled and maybe that's the reason the VO asked the question from him.

Let's come to think of it this way, How can VO ask you about research in another school that you didn't fill unless you made mention to the VO about that school research just as the way everyone used it to win VO's heart during interview.. gringringrin

2, VO wanted to know why you choose this particular school that you finally settled for ahead of other schools you applied to and you didn't settled for but why would VO asked you to tell talk about the research of other schools you didn't finally settled for instead of the school your finally picked ahead of other? Don't you think this is strange

3, The truth is that the applicant is confused because of the denial for now maybe after few days he will get himself back and remember what really and truly happened.

4, Imagine VO asking you the research in unilag when you didn't fill Unilag in your ds160 but uniben or VO asking you about Texas where your school is not located but your school is located in Tennessee... It means the VO just wanted to test you and your ability and intelligent if you know what you are going for and where you are going as well..

5, I stand to be corrected here, I think the VO didn't ask him the research about other school he didn't pick or filled on his ds160 that he is not going, if peradventure the VO ask then it's a wrong question to take him off his feet and he should have told the VO sorry I didn't pick that school because of the research you wanted to know but I picked this school and the VO will say oh sorry!, there is nothing bad when you correct VO during interview because some VO can be funny to ask you those kind of question just for them to know if you know what you are talking about or not.

It could actually be a new trend like DareFadi earlier noted. Many F1 visa applicants may have actually applied to just one school to save cost but make up stories about applying to some more schools to the V.O to boost ones chances and portray one as a serious student. Asking about these schools not settled for is the only way the V.O can actually ascertain the truth other than the standardised exams/tests score sheet which sometimes may not even show schools applied to depending on the time test scores were sent to these schools.

The best way to prepare is to know things about alternative schools as well.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 2:44am On Jun 29, 2016
Mma800:
Hello everyone, I am really lucky to have encountered a platform like Nairaland. I have learnt alot here as regards to US Visa Interview questions. Also, needful to say, the sense of humor of the house is really amazing...I always get cracked up reading through threads.Kudos!

Meanwhile, I got an admission offer for fall 2016 from the University of South Florida for a Masters in Public health. Currently filling My DS-160 form and really do not know what to fill as a Primary Occupation. I graduated 2013, and finished Nysc in july 2015 and i'm currently unemployed till date.

Please help!

Thanks.

Your Primary occupation simply asks what your role/function in your present (or last) job is/was.
Filling unemployed in your Ds-160 doesn't give a good impression about you to the VO. Have you not done any work at all since NYSC?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by warriboy21(m): 2:47am On Jun 29, 2016
Please don't buy clipper from naija.. De won't allow u take any sharp object in to the airplane.. Bsides it won't work ere... Different voltage and switch... Wen u get ere u can order from Amazon. About 13dolla.

And make sure u visit a barbing saloon consecutively for one week to take barbing lessons before u leave naija o..

Hmm dem no tel me b4 only me start to de barb my own hair o grin
D ist time i tried barbing my own hair... It felt good mhen.. Even though D back head blike wetin bricklayer carve sef o undecided I no send.. Dat time sef na winter and na nite class i always get.. So nobody de notice d head undecidedwetin concern me... .. i Don save.. I don save o. 20$=N8000 grin

Anyways.. Subsequent barbing became perfect and I can't believe I am now my own barber.. Sometimes I just go to the barber for forehead shaving n lining.5$. D last time he asked where I cut my hair (was he a bricklayer? He asked shocked).. Oyibo man. Wat do u mean angry.... Ewo I think say na only me de notice d shaples hairstyle since oo shocked

Noooo wonder dos my Indian n Iraqi friends de always asks me say if we buildings houses by ourselves wella for naija shocked (de wer indirectly referencing my hair style embarassed)
From den on.. Na 3 winter cap I take cover d head till e grow cover enta shape undecided

De nxt time sef wen i try barb am.. E still blike wetin carpenter use chainsaw brewundecided
Bricklayer or no Bricklayer... Carpenter or no carpenter.. I don save i don save undecided

But now I don bad for d Mara Sha.. wink
D nxt thing to learn now is washing my clothes with my hands smiley and putting it under the summer sun to dry angry... Der own Don 2much for ere.. All my quarters Don finish.. Nonsense angry

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (402)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.