Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680501 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by malory84: 11:42pm On May 27, 2016
Mekurexx:
For Form A, check diamond bank. A big branch or their Head office. About your write up, can you confirm one can pay using CBN rate at bank counter,? Cuz qatar etihad etc all showing USD. How did you pay yours? Secondly Cheapest Emirates to where im going is N700k Can i do lets say one way to JFK or closer airport, then book a local US flight to where im going? (I will have the ticket in hand) Or do a bus-strip(stressful i know) cuz most airlines stops is Chicago, JFK, or newark. Plus what you said about 4 seats remaining is true. Its as if the whole world is traveling this Aug sad Gurus advise oh @ gunther6

Pls how long did your Form A take?Was it both tuition and cost of living ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 11:48pm On May 27, 2016
Mekurexx:
MN, St.Paul

Airport code and travel date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 11:48pm On May 27, 2016
Mekurexx:
For Form A, check diamond bank. A big branch or their Head office. About your write up, can you confirm one can pay using CBN rate at bank counter,? Cuz qatar etihad etc all showing USD. How did you pay yours? Secondly Cheapest Emirates to where im going is N700k Can i do lets say one way to JFK or closer airport, then book a local US flight to where im going? (I will have the ticket in hand) Or do a bus-strip(stressful i know) cuz most airlines stops is Chicago, JFK, or newark. Plus what you said about 4 seats remaining is true. Its as if the whole world is traveling this Aug sad Gurus advise oh @ gunther6

Oga na Chicago pay you both IL and MN are in the Midwest, I think you can get that for between 190 and 220 to O'Hare, take an airport shuttle to Van Buren and Canal, Take A Megabus or Jefferson Transit(RAIL) directly to Moorhead for like $109 . Pls don't waste 700k on a flight to MN or simply take a fligt to O'hare , take a cab to Chicago Midway Airport fly Spirit / Southwest airlines to St Paul under $300

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 11:49pm On May 27, 2016
Ask fizzile he just started the process
malory84:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 11:55pm On May 27, 2016
MSP, aug 4
aadeyi:

Airport code and travel date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 12:06am On May 28, 2016
Mekurexx:
MSP, aug 4

Don't know what u ve seen so far, but I was able to get u emirate for 260k to houston, then from houston to msp for $165

Emirate departs Aug 12
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 12:42am On May 28, 2016
malory84:

Well mine is for UK University and its just for tuition. Once u pick and submit,it takes about a week for d payment to be made. Please try and pay early enough. Got an info that the CBN might withdraw Form A soon.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Governoryomi: 1:00am On May 28, 2016
Good morning house. i already applied for B1/B2 visa twice last year, June and October, but was denied. I have again now gotten an invitation in a first tier educational institution for a short program of 5days, of which i was advised to apply for visit visa as i-20 can't be issued to me as i do not need students F 1 visa, for such short program.
Now my question is this, any hope of getting it right this time around, even with this kind of situation. I know how it feels to have tried it twice and failed, though i have learnt from past failures, coupled with my exposures here. I now know better! Kindly add your advices and comments pls. Lagos or abuja? Which is better? I have been to both in my past failed attempts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 1:47am On May 28, 2016
Governoryomi:
Good morning house. i already applied for B1/B2 visa twice last year, June and October, but was denied. I have again now gotten an invitation in a first tier educational institution for a short program of 5days, of which i was advised to apply for visit visa as i-20 can't be issued to me as i do not need students F 1 visa, for such short program.
Now my question is this, any hope of getting it right this time around, even with this kind of situation. I know how it feels to have tried it twice and failed, though i have learnt from past failures, coupled with my exposures here. I now know better! Kindly add your advices and comments pls. Lagos or abuja? Which is better? I have been to both in my past failed attempts.

Oga your agent is feeding fat on your money... alaye ja ara e o, half measures will not serve
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 1:53am On May 28, 2016
Governoryomi:

What does your last 2 transcripts looks like?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by acadollar(m): 2:53am On May 28, 2016
Pls Is anyone in Columbia or Charlotte, Is there like an a place to get African food stuff or food around?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 2:57am On May 28, 2016
Ok. This is what my denial transcript looks like. Its very long o.
Me: Good morning *smiling*
VO: Good morning. Your documents pls.
Me: *hands him passport, ds160, I20 and sevis*
VO: Why did you choose Emory Univ?
Me: During the course of my research, I came across Emory. It's highly ranked in my field of study. The school of public health is ranked 7th nationwide and it has one of the best Global health programs in the US. It's also affiliated to the CDC, Global health institute.. bla bla
VO: What do you do?
Me: I'm a medical doctor
VO: What kind of doctor are you?
Me: I'm a general practitioner for now
VO: So why are you going for a masters if you're already a doctor?
Me: Public health is a recognised medical specialty and that is where my passion lies. I am drawn towards the preventive aspect of medicine as there is a huge deficit in health promotion and prevention in Nigeria. An MPH degree is the foundation I need to build my career in public health.
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: Do you have children?
Me: No I don't
VO: Which countries have you travelled to?
Me: UK, Netherlands, Barbados, St. Kitts
VO: Which school did you attend?
Me: Bleep university (in the caribbean)
VO: When did you graduate?
Me: 2013
VO: What have you been doing since then?
Me: Came back home, got my practicing license for Nig in Oct 2013, started my internship in 2014, then NYSC in 2015. Currently working at a private hospital.
VO: How many chambers does the heart have?
Me: *laughs audibly* 4 chambers which are the left ventricle...
VO: *cuts in* What is the difference btw red blood cells and white blood cells?
Me: White blood cells basically help with fighting infections while red blood cells contain haemoglobin which...
VO: *cuts in* Who is your sponsor?
Me: My mother
VO: What does she do?
Me: She is a contractor. Executes construction contracts for govt projects and private individuals.
VO: Do you have a bank statement from her?
Me: Yes I do *hands him d statement, letter from bank and letter from sponsor*
VO: *peruses docs for a while* Honestly I have a problem with your statement. Why does it repeatedly go from almost nothing to millions?
Me: It has been run as fixed deposit. If you look at the description on the debits and credits, it clearly states fixed deposit contract. The bank withdraws the money on the customer's instruction, trades with it and pays it back after 30days with interest.
VO: I still don't understand it
Me: Pls take a look at the financial certificates from the bank for the fixed deposit and the letter.
VO: I have seen them. I still don't understand where the money goes. I'm sorry I won't be granting this visa.

Pls I need advice and input from the gurus. I don't know how somebody won't know the meaning of fixed deposit. I'll be going back next month. What shld I do different?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 3:28am On May 28, 2016
gunther6:

Bros I remember you on this thread... Conflict resolution, NGO and so on when we were saying bros you will not come back you seem offended now you don taste amelika you don't want to come back to your work again... Just get your docs and report at any community college but even at that they are no longer admitting for summer... Look for a SEVIS certified language school transfer your SEVIS record there, you can at least use that to maintain your F1 status and buy some time till you decide what you want to do next.

That tells you when people started saying they are different from others, just squint your nose.

We see bunch of empty promises on regular basis on the thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 3:32am On May 28, 2016
iamleye:
Lol... Anyway am coming back dude, u are a great guy, thanks for the information and ur concern. How well can I get in touch with u? I need to speak with u

Just like gunther told you. Look for summer classes in any community college. Or you may have to apply for fall as a regular student. But how you won't go back home as not to violate the 90 days of unemployment in US, I don't know. Best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 3:42am On May 28, 2016
KimoraW:

VO: *peruses docs for a while* Honestly I have a problem with your statement. Why does it repeatedly go from almost nothing to millions?
Me: It has been run as fixed deposit. If you look at the description on the debits and credits, it clearly states fixed deposit contract. The bank withdraws the money on the customer's instruction, trades with it and pays it back after 30days with interest.
Me: Pls take a look at the financial certificates from the bank for the fixed deposit and the letter.
VO: I have seen them. I still don't understand where the money goes. I'm sorry I won't be granting this visa.

Pls I need advice and input from the gurus. I don't know how somebody won't know the meaning of fixed deposit. I'll be going back next month. What shld I do different?

Question: Let say you're in US now, can you make school payment like right away from this account? This is something you have to address properly before your next appearance at the embassy? Not everyone would be convinced that the money gone just before the interview and would be back in 30 days after the interview. And all they want to see is immediate available fund for studies. You were denied for insufficient fund.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 4:02am On May 28, 2016
imperiouxx:

Question: [b][/b]Let say you're in US now, can you make school payment like right away from this account? This is something you have to address properly before your next appearance at the embassy? Not everyone would be convinced that the money gone just before the interview and would be back in 30 days after the interview. And all they want to see is immediate available fund for studies. You were denied for insufficient fund.

Can he have the mum transfer the total fees to his personal account? And let it be in his account for some days before his next interview? Atleast to show that he's now in control of the cash... what do you think?

I've a similar case. Though am yet to attend my interview. My co-sponsore won't give me his account statement, instead he transfered the money he promised to my personal acct. Hope my statement will be accepted and explanation suffice?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 4:23am On May 28, 2016
femi321:
Congrats to Sirriddy, (Sent a message to you on whatsapp but e no deliver), gunther6 and others that have gotten their visa. Please i really need an advice. Out of the five admits i got (Uni of Maryland, Uni of Utah, LSU,West Virginia Uni and University of North Carolina, Charlotte (UNCC), Only UNCC offered me partial TA yesterday (10 hrs per week, $7000/year including partial Tuition Waiver) all others said no funding. After troubling and sending countless mails to profs and grad cords in other schools with no head way i deferred both LSU and Uni of Maryland to Spring 2017, Uni of Utah said i cant deferred but that they will keep my documents and re-review along with other spring applicants in spring 2017 for both admission and funding.

My Questions now are 1) With just personal funds of about 1.2m should i plan to attend UNCC bearing in mind that the tuition per semester is $10,751?
2) whats the cost of living in North Carolina, Charlotte area like?
3) Can i work for additional 10hrs on campus? (I believe i should be able but i dont want to assume)
4) please who knows anyone that knows someone that knows someone in UNCC? NOTE: If i get funding from my defered admits i plan to transfer in Spring to any of them since they are ranked above UNCC

cc imperiouxx bigfrancis21 ojap

Your best option now is the UNCC. The 1/2 GA might be increased to full GA next semester if you merit it. As for this semester, you can look for supplementing job on campus as you've said. Rule is you're allowed 20 hours/week. It will be rough for you if you only rely on 1.2M while you study.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 4:28am On May 28, 2016
NairaSea23:

Can he have the mum transfer the total fees to his personal account? And let it be in his account for some days before his next interview? Atleast to show that he's now in control of the cash... what do you think?

I've a similar case. Though am yet to attend my interview. My co-sponsore won't give me his account statement, instead he transfered the money he promised to my personal acct. Hope my statement will be accepted and explanation suffice?

What's the flow of cash in your account? They look at cash flow and closing balance. But why would the sponsor agrees to sponsor without releasing his statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by NairaSea23: 4:40am On May 28, 2016
imperiouxx:

What's the flow of cash in your account? They look at cash flow and closing balance. [b][/b]But why would the sponsor agrees to sponsor without releasing his statement.

It's my salary account also contains some extra inflows from rents and other extra earnings. And I've the total of my own contribution in it as a result of savings overtime. My Brother... I don't know. Probably he doesn't want me to know his worth. In fact during the admission process and I 20 issuance, he relates with the schools I applied personally on financial support.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dannybrown19: 5:59am On May 28, 2016
Mekurexx:
MN, St.Paul
You can fly through JFK but then, get your connecting flight ticket at hand before you come, just in case you are asked abt it.
I think it will be cheaper for you.
I flew through JFK, then a connecting flight to St Paul MN, before I boarded Amtrak to North Dakota and I spent less than 220k, thanks to Walspring...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by acadollar(m): 6:35am On May 28, 2016
dannybrown19:

You can fly through JFK but then, get your connecting flight ticket at hand before you come, just in case you are asked abt it.
I flew through JFK, then a connecting flight to St Paul MN, before I boarded Amtrak to North Dakota and I spent less than 220k, thanks to Walspring...
Bro, I find out that flights to L'Guardia is more cheaper than flights to JFK, i tried it twice that I flew and get cheap tickets through L'Guardia.
So if u can connect from L'guardia still in New york, u can get cheaper tickets that day as compared to JFK

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mevisbleek: 6:51am On May 28, 2016
Please, is Ethiopian airline a good airline?

Their online reviews are horrible to say the least.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 7:00am On May 28, 2016
mevisbleek:
Please, is Ethiopian airline a good airline?

Their online reviews are horrible to say the least.

They are still the best Africa has to offer grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by youngmoney416: 7:01am On May 28, 2016
KimoraW:
Ok. This is what my denial transcript looks like. Its very long o.
Me: Good morning *smiling*
VO: Good morning. Your documents pls.
Me: *hands him passport, ds160, I20 and sevis*
VO: Why did you choose Emory Univ?
Me: During the course of my research, I came across Emory. It's highly ranked in my field of study. The school of public health is ranked 7th nationwide and it has one of the best Global health programs in the US. It's also affiliated to the CDC, Global health institute.. bla bla
VO: What do you do?
Me: I'm a medical doctor
VO: What kind of doctor are you?
Me: I'm a general practitioner for now
VO: So why are you going for a masters if you're already a doctor?
Me: Public health is a recognised medical specialty and that is where my passion lies. I am drawn towards the preventive aspect of medicine as there is a huge deficit in health promotion and prevention in Nigeria. An MPH degree is the foundation I need to build my career in public health.
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: Do you have children?
Me: No I don't
VO: Which countries have you travelled to?
Me: UK, Netherlands, Barbados, St. Kitts
VO: Which school did you attend?
Me: Bleep university (in the caribbean)
VO: When did you graduate?
Me: 2013
VO: What have you been doing since then?
Me: Came back home, got my practicing license for Nig in Oct 2013, started my internship in 2014, then NYSC in 2015. Currently working at a private hospital.
VO: How many chambers does the heart have?
Me: *laughs audibly at this ridiculous question* 4 chambers which are the left ventricle...
VO: *cuts in* What is the difference btw red blood cells and white blood cells?
Me: White blood cells basically help with fighting infections while red blood cells contain haemoglobin which...
VO: *cuts in* Who is your sponsor?
Me: My mother
VO: What does she do?
Me: She is a contractor. Executes construction contracts for govt projects and private individuals.
VO: Do you have a bank statement from her?
Me: Yes I do *hands him d statement, letter from bank and letter from sponsor*

Your only problem was lack of inflow and outflow of the account. What she saw was cash lodgment which is not convincing that the income is steady. Kindly change your sponsor and take note of these things.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mevisbleek: 7:11am On May 28, 2016
gunther6:

They are still the best Africa has to offer grin

Thanks for the response.

Please, have you used them before? If yes, do you mind sharing your experience?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:13am On May 28, 2016
imperiouxx:

Your best option now is the UNCC. The 1/2 GA might be increased to full GA next semester if you merit it. As for this semester, you can look for supplementing job on campus as you've said. Rule is you're allowed 20 hours/week. It will be rough for you if you only rely on 1.2M while you study.
thank you for your reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:14am On May 28, 2016
sirRiddy:
Thanks for your messages, my whatsapp is inactive.
Congratulations on your getting half GA, I have a friend on half GA presently
but he has bI am sure you can get as much information as possible there.
Wish you the best with visa interview.

okay. thanks brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:17am On May 28, 2016
djmakson:

I'll start by saying 'A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush'. Having a partial GA is better than nothing. I believe after spending a semester, being in the system would help you and increases your chances of getting a full GA after a semesteI have seen before different comparison of relative living expenses during my search too. Try search Google with your key words.
okay bro..thank you for this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:19am On May 28, 2016
acadollar:
Pls Is anyone in Columbia or Charlotte, Is there like an a place to get African food stuff or food around?
hello, are you in Charlotte?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 8:18am On May 28, 2016
Alright thanks man. bearing in mind I will have luggage on me, I dont wanna be jumping from one plane to another then bus. I will figure out something that works. I just want everything to be under N300k. That N700k price, definitely not now to spend such on ticket
gunther6:

Oga na Chicago pay you both IL and MN are in the Midwest, I think you can get that for between 190 and 220 to O'Hare, take an airport shuttle to Van Buren and Canal, Take A Megabus or Jefferson Transit(RAIL) directly to Moorhead for like $109 . Pls don't waste 700k on a flight to MN or simply take a fligt to O'hare , take a cab to Chicago Midway Airport fly Spirit / Southwest airlines to St Paul under $300
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 8:26am On May 28, 2016
youngmoney416:
Your only problem was lack of inflow and outflow of the account. What she saw was cash lodgment which is not convincing that the income is steady. Kindly change your sponsor and take note of these things.

Change sponsor ? Yanky ya weyrey gan fa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 8:38am On May 28, 2016
Yeah I also have that in mind. But that will require ensuring I get the timing right. there has to be enough time space between landing/immigration checks and the connecting flight. thats alot of work lol
dannybrown19:

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (402)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.