Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677749 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 4:13pm On May 28, 2016
Hello guys I've been trying to upload a passport photograph on ds-160 form, but is not going through
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cutemorgan(m): 4:39pm On May 28, 2016
brightify:
Hello guys I've been trying to upload a passport photograph on ds-160 form, but is not going through
The passport photograph needs to meet some requirements... I guess this link should be helpful boss...
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos.html

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by motifoluwasolami: 4:48pm On May 28, 2016
sirriddy i tried calling you on your whatsapp number but it wasnt connecting, have you changed lines.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 4:49pm On May 28, 2016
don4ye:
@ kimoraW are u d one de deny base on money lodgement?

Yes I am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by KimoraW: 4:53pm On May 28, 2016
imperiouxx:

I won't recommend changing sponsor within this short period of time. Changing might leave the VO with many other questions. Mind saying how much the closing balance was when you went to the embassy?

I agree with u on that. Closing balance was just over 17mil.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 4:57pm On May 28, 2016
brightify:

You can submit without passport photograph, when going to embassy go along with one..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 5:18pm On May 28, 2016
KimoraW:

See if the bank can write you a cover letter stating source of fund and that its is liquid cash . Let d cover letter address any or all concern that was raised .

And then its grace of God needed because u can attend next week and the VO wont even care . Most people are not even asked for statement so no one can ever predict how it goes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 5:34pm On May 28, 2016
KimoraW:

I see. That's good enough. The fact remains that the cash flow wasn't cleared to the vo. Hopefully the next vo will understand the account better next time. And try explain if the question pops up again. Best.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 5:42pm On May 28, 2016
don4ye:

You can submit without passport photograph, when going to embassy go along with one..
thanks, hope it won't affect sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 5:43pm On May 28, 2016
cutemorgan:

The passport photograph needs to meet some requirements... I guess this link should be helpful boss...
thanks boss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 5:45pm On May 28, 2016
brightify:
thanks boss[/quote[quote author=cutemorgan post=46056300]
the samples I saw there is white background but at the embassy website they're against white background
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jatsay001: 6:55pm On May 28, 2016
Please, Help me check emirate flight to Atlanta or Texas... I can only see 265K for departure on 1st, 2nd & 3rd, August 2016

gunther6:

They are still the best Africa has to offer grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 7:04pm On May 28, 2016
jatsay001:
Please, Help me check emirate flight to Atlanta or Texas... I can only see 265K for departure on 1st, 2nd & 3rd, August 2016

Oga swerve joor shebi me am your slave shebi you have internet check. You went to embassy came here to ask how to retrieve DS-160, received prayers from people for embassy, you got the Visa you nor even talk you nor share transcript so.people can learn, you are back here asking for Atlanta or Texas... Texas ko, Wyoming ni *long hiss*

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 7:08pm On May 28, 2016
We do not need selfish people here, this thread has been existing for years with thousands of approval and denial stories shared, you cannot benefit from this repository of knowledge and refuse to replenish it... I salute the makers/shakers of this thread from Part 1 to 9

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by warriboy21(m): 8:05pm On May 28, 2016
biikeys:

That should be your very last option....and I would only consider them for a FT job if it comes to you leaving the US at the end of your OPT unemployment period. Keep applying on those popular jobsites (Indeed,monster etc), attend career events, reach out to hiring managers on LinkedIn. It might take a while and hundreds of applications, but you should get something...and trust me, that is much better than those consultancy firms.

Thanks boss.. I will keep on applying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by malory84: 8:29pm On May 28, 2016
fizzile:
Well i picked a form from diamond bank but since the money am using is with Union, i think i will pick another form from Union by tuesday. They will withdraw from your naira account.

Thanks alot. I have a dollar account. I bought the dollars when it was still 250. Do you think I should change it to naira , and get more from it? I am just apprehensive because I heard the form A will soon stop. Don't want to go n change the dollars I have been saving and form A no go work . I am yet to go my form I-20 from my school.So I still have a long time to wait.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by malory84: 8:32pm On May 28, 2016
Pls guys, how long does it take to get form I-20 from the school after you send financial documents. Pls is anyone going to UT Arlignton or already studying there? I need to ask a question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by sofadj(m): 8:35pm On May 28, 2016
As some airlines are puling out, the ones left may gradually begin to increase their fares.
Emirates was 183k yesterday, now 286k. less than 24hours interval.

Could other forces be responsible?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 8:49pm On May 28, 2016
Which embassy website are you reading from If the picture doesnt fit in the ds160 online, snap a 5x5cm pic with white background. 2 copies and take to the embassy. Just go to any good photographer and say passport for US embassy, He/she will know @brightify

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 8:58pm On May 28, 2016
I read your transcript and its unfortunate you were denied. Did you know you can request another V.O if you meet the same person that denied you first time? That being said. prolly the next V.O wants to know what has changed in ur app? nothing major necessarily has to in your case. I'm not abrest with banking procedures but cant ur sponsor change the account to savings or current? Can your sponsor transfer x amount to your account (if you have good cashflow) and back it up with a letter. Just to avoid stories that touch. Just like assets, I'm not sure Fixed deposit doesnt portrays liquid cash available.
KimoraW:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bigfrancis21: 9:03pm On May 28, 2016
brightify:

I'm not sure you need to do that anyway, except if the rules have recently changed. Instead, you are supposed to staple the photograph physically to the printed out DS160 form after filling it out and submitting. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 9:06pm On May 28, 2016
Alright that works for me. Thanks bro. One more question, do I need transit visa(dubai) on an emirates flight? most of the flights I am seeing have long-layovers plus when I tried to book, it showed something like visa
dannybrown19:

I gave my landing time to my boarding time up to 6 hrs, which later on we landed late, the emirate I took, the pilot have to divert the plane to Kuwait cuz of a sick passenger we had on board.
But if you give it 5 to 6 hrs gap, u will be good
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 9:07pm On May 28, 2016
Mekurexx:
Which embassy website are you reading from If the picture doesnt fit in the ds160 online, snap a 5x5cm pic with white background. 2 copies and take to the embassy. Just go to any good photographer and say passport for US embassy, He/she will know @brightify
thanks bro,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by profx4real(m): 9:09pm On May 28, 2016
gunther6:

Oga swerve joor shebi me am your slave shebi you have internet check. You went to embassy came here to ask how to retrieve DS-160, received prayers from people for embassy, you got the Visa you nor even talk you nor share transcript so.people can learn, you are back here asking for Atlanta or Texas... Texas ko, Wyoming ni *long hiss*

Lool! Egbon no vex
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 9:10pm On May 28, 2016
Usually takes 3-5 days. check if your school uses eshipglobal
malory84:
Pls guys, how long does it take to get form I-20 from the school after you send financial documents. Pls is anyone going to UT Arlignton or already studying there? I need to ask a question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 9:18pm On May 28, 2016
bigfrancis21:

I'm not sure you need to do that anyway, except if the rules have recently changed. Instead, you are supposed to staple the photograph physically to the printed out DS160 form after filling it out and submitting. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I was asked to upload it directly on application form

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 9:21pm On May 28, 2016
Please guys I do not know a good photographer where to my passport photograph
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by malory84: 9:31pm On May 28, 2016
Mekurexx:
Usually takes 3-5 days. check if your school uses eshipglobal

Ok. Thanks alot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 9:38pm On May 28, 2016
Mekurexx:
Alright that works for me. Thanks bro. One more question, do I need transit visa(dubai) on an emirates flight? most of the flights I am seeing have long-layovers plus when I tried to book, it showed something like visa

If it's emirates and dubai.... I think the airline will take care of that... just fill in any details they require from you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 9:58pm On May 28, 2016
gunther6:
We do not need selfish people here, this thread has been existing for years with thousands of approval and denial stories shared, you cannot benefit from this repository of knowledge and refuse to replenish it... I salute the makers/shakers of this thread from Part 1 to 9

That's people for you and yet they will come here and tell you that it's not compulsory they drop their transcript and no rule stated that it's a must to drop transcript..

It's selfishness and it's a bad character that those people needs to deal with.. Anytime i read such post I just smh

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by sofadj(m): 10:01pm On May 28, 2016
brightify:
Please guys I do not know a good photographer where to my passport photograph

Check the Size of the picture you are trying to atttach. it shouldnt be more than a specific kb ( i think 256 or so).

That being said, it doesnt really matter as you are still required to come with a white-background passport to the embassy.

If you cant get a good photographer near you, prepare 1k for the photographers (hustlers) at the embassy entrance who are more than aware of the embassy requirement.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 10:04pm On May 28, 2016
malory84:

Finished there few years ago..what's your question?

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.