Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism (13067 Views)

Communist Leaders Killed 250 MILLION Because Of Atheism. ATHEISM motivated them / Finally I Have Found Him / The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Weah96: 2:39pm On May 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

1. Consciousness is basically self awareness .

a. Is nature aware of its activities ?
b. What part of nature is its consciousness contained in ? / What exactly is responsible for nature's consciousness

2. Your argument deviates totally from the generally accepted philosophical proposition for the existence of consciousness - Cogito ergo sum, I think , therefore I am . Does nature think ?

Nature is aware, at least segments of it. Consciousness is the result of anatomy, anatomy is organized according to the discretion of micro subatomic particles interacting with one another.

If you like, call it chance or Providence, that's your business. What you cannot do is try to defend your holy book because it is a lie. The source of the universe never spoke to bronze age Jews.

2 Likes

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by davien(m): 7:34pm On May 30, 2016
kingmexy1997:
My guy stop deceiving yourself even the devil is not an atheist he believes in God,Unless uYou wan tell us say you bad pass devil..don't let the devil deceive you.....please
Kingmexy1997 think about this.

You believe the devil exists.

You believe the devil can interact with god and talk to god face to face as written in the Bible..

Therefore the devil should absolutely know and can prove that god exists to anyone right?..

So why would god,if it exists and is omniscient prefer to talk with the devil face to face and humans it's a no-show?

Who needs to see god more? the devil or human beings that have been arguing over millions of god/gods and which interpretation to follow?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:19am On May 31, 2016
Weah96:

Nature is aware, at least segments of it. Consciousness is the result of anatomy, anatomy is organized according to the discretion of micro subatomic particles interacting with one another.

If you like, call it chance or Providence, that's your business. What you cannot do is try to defend your holy book because it is a lie. The source of the universe never spoke to bronze age Jews.

Your compulsive need to mention the bible in this argument shows you are definitely on the losing side . Interaction here is a proof nature is functional not conscious .

Nature is not aware of its activities , that's why humans can be obliterated and intelligent life may not emerge again. The universe can run down and fail to exist . It cannot account for its actions .

It cannot think that's why its activities are chance-dependent , random and chaotic .
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by yussuf739: 10:57am On May 31, 2016
sylvalord:
An agnostic is not sure therefore, he/she has no definite stand. Agnostism is like a bridge between theism and atheism
amd that is where i am right now... this thing is getting into myhead like bomb
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:40pm On May 31, 2016
davien:

You believe the devil can interact with god and talk to god face to face as written in the Bible..

Therefore the devil should absolutely know and can prove that god exists to anyone right?..

So why would god,if it exists and is omniscient prefer to talk with the devil face to face and humans it's a no-show?

Who needs to see god more? the devil or human beings that have been arguing over millions of god/gods and which interpretation to follow?

Jesus Christ ... what is wrong with you , davien?

Well , Kingmexy1997 I hope you see the answer to his "well-thoughtout response " in mine
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by davien(m): 12:51pm On May 31, 2016
Comprehension is really an art that's rare for you two....
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by BuzChi(m): 1:50am On Jun 01, 2016
I understand how many of us have grown up and been given a God who is so willing to kill us at any mistake we make. It's a sad truth that everyone has their own perspectives and more sadly enough its "the truth...." you know "that would set you free" into whatever you choose to believe. But you must believe something; atheist, agnostics, believers etc. Either you choose or you choose not to believe, its all still a choice that every human enjoy. It's has and always would be a free world. The universe and creation is all innocent, but its always man and his perverted concepts that makes everyone to blame God. Even contract law puts a bad incidents as "an act of God", just because the concept is God should always come and perform when actually the earth has been given to man. But man cannot live forever in the human body- therefore, a direction is needed, just the way a baby is born and a mother and father aids in growing that child. Man's knowledge is still infinitely little in comprehending what or who the creator of things truly is. Don't be deceived by people but rather communicate with your Heavenly Father who is Spirit and wants you to pour your heart to him and not to a man that seeks to take advantage of you. The Father of all spirits truly loves all mankind, but as Cain killed Abel without wanting to pour his grievance and learn from God himself, it is hugely important to grow in your communication and fellowship with Him personally and He would direct you just the way our mothers had us and helped in directing us.
In the whole gospels, most people that claim to believe in God forget that Jesus Christ came to reveal Him as our Father, who loves us dearly that was why a "divine re-incarnation of Himself" as Jesus Christ, the Word of God, had to be made possible. Everyone needs only believe.
When you hustle and work, make sure you keep gratitude in your heart because if you're troubled while working then "Christ in U" may be directing you to something. Listen to your inner man,your own spirit, as it receive direction from your Heavenly Father, who is also a Spirit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by dankol: 10:34pm On Jun 01, 2016
BuzChi:
I understand how many of us have grown up and been given a God who is so willing to kill us at any mistake we make. It's a sad truth that everyone has their own perspectives and more sadly enough its "the truth...." you know "that would set you free" into whatever you choose to believe. But you must believe something; atheist, agnostics, believers etc. Either you choose or you choose not to believe, its all still a choice that every human enjoy. It's has and always would be a free world. The universe and creation is all innocent, but its always man and his perverted concepts that makes everyone to blame God. Even contract law puts a bad incidents as "an act of God", just because the concept is God should always come and perform when actually the earth has been given to man. But man cannot live forever in the human body- therefore, a direction is needed, just the way a baby is born and a mother and father aids in growing that child. Man's knowledge is still infinitely little in comprehending what or who the creator of things truly is. Don't be deceived by people but rather communicate with your Heavenly Father who is Spirit and wants you to pour your heart to him and not to a man that seeks to take advantage of you. The Father of all spirits truly loves all mankind, but as Cain killed Abel without wanting to pour his grievance and learn from God himself, it is hugely important to grow in your communication and fellowship with Him personally and He would direct you just the way our mothers had us and helped in directing us.
In the whole gospels, most people that claim to believe in God forget that Jesus Christ came to reveal Him as our Father, who loves us dearly that was why a "divine re-incarnation of Himself" as Jesus Christ, the Word of God, had to be made possible. Everyone needs only believe.
When you hustle and work, make sure you keep gratitude in your heart because if you're troubled while working then "Christ in U" may be directing you to something. Listen to your inner man,your own spirit, as it receive direction from your Heavenly Father, who is also a Spirit.

Sir, my inner mind agrees with logic and common sense and it says, religion is a haox

2 Likes

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by kingmexy1997(m): 9:25am On Jun 02, 2016
davien:

he is talking to you but you don't want to listen,I pray you understand and escape from hell
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by kingmexy1997(m): 9:28am On Jun 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Jesus Christ ... what is wrong with you , davien?

Well , Kingmexy1997 I hope you see the answer to his "well-thoughtout response " in mine

my guy what he needs is prayers and divine intervention to be saved from hell.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by kingmexy1997(m): 9:38am On Jun 02, 2016
All this so-called atheist,I pray you guys understand and get back to God, imagine after everything you realise that you have been deceived and see yourself going to hell,am not trying to condemn you guys,me as a Christian am not the best so you guys should think about this things and ask God for forgiveness, There is not much time my guys rapture is real
Hell is real
Heaven is real
The devil even knows of that Lucifer was once an angel even now his evil,he still believes in God and knows that he is doomed but is looking for who to deceive......
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by kingmexy1997(m): 9:46am On Jun 02, 2016
Pastor Olu T: Jesus is coming is imminent and anytime from now the trumpet will sound. Do not be deceived, "Rapture" is real and "Hell" also, the choice is yours.

ACCEPT Jesus TODAY AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR AND BE SAVED AND SAFE!

I once read an account of someone that was taken to Heaven and Hell. One of the accounts of the journey to Hell was, he saw a man in Hell being punished and his scream seem to be louder than the others. While was going with Jesus, the man was pleading and shouting to return to the earth just for 1 minute. So Jesus turned and ask him why he wants to go back to the earth just for one minute. He said he would give anything just to return to the earth just for one minute to repent and die so he won't come to this place, he said he dont even care if he is the most wretched, miserable or poorest person on earth.

So this got me thinking daily and guide my thoughts no matter what I am going through never to complain and live for CHRIST daily, for I know that the suffering of this present world is not worthy to be compared with the glory that shall later be revealed in me, and I have a future and hope in Christ Jesus Romans 8:18, 1Corinthians 15:29, 1Timothy 4:7-8.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by cloudgoddess(f): 1:28pm On Jun 02, 2016
kingmexy1997:
All this so-called atheist,I pray you guys understand and get back to God, imagine after everything you realise that you have been deceived and see yourself going to hell,am not trying to condemn you guys,me as a Christian am not the best so you guys should think about this things and ask God for forgiveness, There is not much time my guys rapture is real
Hell is real
Heaven is real

The devil even knows of that Lucifer was once an angel even now his evil,he still believes in God and knows that he is doomed but is looking for who to deceive......
Prove it.

Prove that all of these things are anything other than 1st century superstitions drilled into human minds throughout the ages, via mass indoctrination, groupthink, cognitive bias, fear, and various other forms of psychological trickery.

And just in case you're tempted to quote more verses, the bible doesnt count as proof. Because any person can write a book and claim its contents are the work of supernatural beings. The Hindus, Shintos, Muslims, Jains, Pagans (ad infinitum for all the 3,000+ religions that have ever existed) have done it too.

2 Likes

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:27pm On Jun 02, 2016
kingmexy1997:
my guy what he needs is prayers and divine intervention to be saved from hell.

lol . In Davien 's puny mind , he felt he made sense . Will any atheist ever bring forth any reasonable argument ever ?
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Weah96: 5:40pm On Jun 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Your compulsive need to mention the bible in this argument shows you are definitely on the losing side . Interaction here is a proof nature is functional not conscious .

Nature is not aware of its activities , that's why humans can be obliterated and intelligent life may not emerge again. The universe can run down and fail to exist . It cannot account for its actions .

It cannot think that's why its activities are chance-dependent , random and chaotic .

Your god is the Bible one, don't disown him now.

Nature is composed of everything. Would you consider your activities to be chance dependent and random?
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
Weah96:

Your god is the Bible one, don't disown him now.

Nature is composed of everything. Would you consider your activities to be chance dependent and random?

Don't you guys know how to argue ? I'm using your belief against you . You claim to be science-minded , an evolutionist but you failed to accept the nature of evolution , a scientific theory . Evolution is random , chaotic and chance-dependent - no goal , no direction . The nature of evolution proves the nature is unconscious .

Nature does not think , nature is not aware of its activities but the interaction in nature proves that it is functional not conscious .

Plus if you claim that the atoms responsible for man's consciousness in his brain proves that nature is conscious then the ones in the inanimate unconscious entities prove nature is not conscious .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Weah96: 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Don't you guys know how to argue ? I'm using your belief against you . You claim to be science-minded , an evolutionist but you failed to accept the nature of evolution , a scientific theory . Evolution is random , chaotic and chance-dependent - no goal , no direction . The nature of evolution proves the nature is unconscious .

Nature does not think , nature is not aware of its activities but the interaction in nature proves that it is functional not conscious .

Plus if you claim that the atoms responsible for man's consciousness in his brain proves that nature is conscious then the ones in the inanimate unconscious entities prove nature is not conscious .

Who told you that evolution is a random process? Bible school?

1 Like

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
Weah96:

Who told you that evolution is a random process? Bible school?

Cosmic or Biological
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Weah96: 10:11pm On Jun 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Cosmic or Biological

Don't know. Which one did you have in mind when you claimed that evolution was a random process?
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
Weah96:

Don't know. Which one did you have in mind when you claimed that evolution was a random process?

Cosmic is totally random , biological is moderately random
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Weah96: 11:42pm On Jun 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Cosmic is totally random , biological is moderately random

Why do you say that cosmic evolution is random? Do stars randomly collapse or something?
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2016
Weah96:

Why do you say that cosmic evolution is random? Do stars randomly collapse or something?

Read theories on the formation of the moon .
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by BuzChi(m): 11:27pm On Jun 08, 2016
@Dankol
Sincerity and honesty is a very important aspect of someone who seeks the truth, and you are very right on the religious hoax of our society. If only most believers could be more sincere than following the dogmatic views of just a figure-head the church, i mean believers would experience true revival. Christ in us is our certainty/hope of glory, which is why our growing communion with the word of God through the sincerity of our heart would enable us live the true Christ life (Ecclesiastic 3:11). Our confidence is that the relationship is now with our Father who kept the mysteries in Christ Jesus for this time as we live in now. The complete man and God, Christ Jesus, is as we are even as we are as him(to all who believe in His redemption for their souls) ..1 John 4: 17.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by Antiparticle(m): 4:47am On Jun 21, 2016
Lately I've been pondering the question "what does it mean [for me] to be human?" Your phrasing in bold is astute.
johnydon22:
People become atheists long before they realize it or accept it, agnosticism in a broad way is still diluted atheism

Enjoy your life, have fun. . . what ever we become, choose to or will become, one thing stands out.

We all are still humans (atheist, theist, deist etc), a lost specie in a vast cosmos floating on a small tiny blue marble still trying to figure out how the world works and our role in it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by ScienceWatch: 8:19pm On Feb 05, 2017
plaetton:

Agnostics are newly released/escaped prisoners of religion, living in a halfway house, resting,, catching their breath, savouring the fresh air of freedom , and in that safe cozy confine, trying to decide whether they are courageous enough to cope with full mental sovereignty , limited mental sovereignty or to run back to the doped bliss of religious prison.

Same as Deism.

That's why we would always lend our pity, and when necessary, our outstretched hands to folks like Deepsight. grin

It is not strange that the agonizing limbo of Agnosticism is described the same way Satanists describe their second highest portal.

After they savor the fresh air they are finally free from the powerful shackles of ethics and morality that only religion can encourage.
Now it is time to fully test their new found Atheistic/Satanic freedom......... Free to have sex with children, free to Dis-honor their parents, Free to spread dreaded pornography in primary schools, Free to spread drugs to children, free to sell and enslave children into sex brothels, ............Free at last !

What happens if An Atheist/Satanist get into positions of Power?

Jiang Zemin (1926-)
He was a charning Atheist Leader of China who ordered the torture and murder of 65,000 followers of the Falun Gong religion (which was considered dangerous to Communism), after which he then harvested their organs.

Che Guevara (1928-1967) a.k.a. Ernesto Guevara
He was a handsome Atheist revolutionary leader who helped spread Marxism in Cuba. He wrote to his father about how he liked killing his first victim, seeing his brains pop out when he shot him in the head, and concluded, "Papa, I think I enjoy killing." He went on to execute 14,000 people in the name of atheistic Communism. Notably, he also asked the Soviets to give him nuclear weapons in order to bring about a nuclear apocalypse, saying, "the people [of Cuba] you see today tell you that even if they should disappear from the face of the earth because an atomic war is unleashed in their names ... they will feel completely happy and fulfilled." In addition, he fanatically suported Communist regimes throughout the world that killed millions upon millions of other people. He has been widely celebrated by atheists, including Christopher Hitchens who considered him "a role model."

Jack Kevorkian (1928-2011) a.k.a. "Dr. Death"
An Atheist and well respected family man, American pathologist and promoter of euthanasia who performed over 130 physician-assisted suicides and was eventually arrested for it. When asked if he believed in a god, he quipped, "Bach. At least I didn't make mine up."

Babrak Karmal (1929-1996) a.k.a. Sultan Hussein
He was a hated Afghan politician, under whose leadership, around 1.2 million were killed. Though some say a Muslim, he was known to be an atheist, as he imposed state atheism on Afghanistan.

Jim Jones (1931-1978)
A charming American Marxist/Atheist who transformed a group of church members into a Communist cult, wherein his fanatical followers would commit suicide on his command, resulting in a mass suicide of over 900 people (some of whom were forcibly killed, including children). He said that he "took the church and used the church to bring people to atheism."
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by ScienceWatch: 8:25pm On Feb 05, 2017
Weah96:

I was rading though this interesting thread and was shocked at the demeaning way that this argument was handled. Whats wrong with WEAH96. Bringing the bible in was a low blow.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by ScienceWatch: 8:35pm On Feb 05, 2017
blueAgent:

I laugh at U. You are scared of finding out the truth. you rather live in ingnorance. as they say ingnorance is Bliss.

A lie will remain a Lie, even if the whole world believe it. and the truth will always remain the truth even if the whole world deny it.

Let me ask you .do you believe their is magic?
Do you know their are Satanist? do you know that NWO is real?
Have you asked yourself the reason for mass immigration in Europe. the reason why US dollars has a pyramid and the all seeing eyes of Horus. do you know the reason behind the west promoting gay rights, transgender, interracial miarrage,ponography. have U asked yourself why all the hiphop artist flash one eye or the satan Salute , including world leaders. and many more strange things that are happening.

If Christainity was invented by elites to control Humanity. why are they now fighting it.passing gay right laws, outlawing teaching of the bible creation in Schools, supporting transgender and same sex miarrage, persecuting and killing Christains. I mean since Christainity is their control tool. are they fighting against their own weapon?

I want to give you one prediction. Hiliary Clinton will win US presidential election not becos she will be elected by the people. No but becos the elites want her as the next Potus.

I must reply to your brilliant prediction on Hilary Clinton winning and your reason for her win. Yes it is guaranteed that the power that be, will fully support her win. But look now, how America responded to your prediction and the Holy Prophet TB Joshua's prophecy.

American people heard about the prophecy and it shook them enough to rush at the last minute and change America's history.

America have never in it history experienced an election like this one. God used reverse psychology ! God blocked the Atheist Hilary to make way for a long overdue change. Christians world wide can breath easier. Free at last !
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by blueAgent(m): 12:03pm On Feb 06, 2017
ScienceWatch:
I must reply to your brilliant prediction on Hilary Clinton winning and your reason for her win. Yes it is guaranteed that the power that be, will fully support her win. But look now, how America responded to your prediction and the Holy Prophet TB Joshua's prophecy.

American people heard about the prophecy and it shook them enough to rush at the last minute and change America's history.

America have never in it history experienced an election like this one. God used reverse psychology ! God blocked the Atheist Hilary to make way for a long overdue change. Christians world wide can breath easier. Free at last !

How does this justify your argument? both Hiliary and Trump are both sides of the same coin. they work for the same people(Satanist) never said my was a prophecy like T.B Joshua.
I only gave my personal prediction.

You think Trump winning marks the end of Globalist agenda? you will be day dreaming.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by ScienceWatch: 1:24pm On Feb 06, 2017
blueAgent:

How does this justify your argument? both Hiliary and Trump are both sides of the same coin. they work for the same people(Satanist) never said my was a prophecy like T.B Joshua.
I only gave my personal prediction.

You think Trump winning marks the end of Globalist agenda? you will be day dreaming.
Good point ! Democratic presidents have limited powers.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by blueAgent(m): 5:57pm On Feb 06, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Good point ! Democratic presidents have limited powers.

Sure , they have.
Re: Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism by BuzChi(m): 7:49pm On Mar 24, 2017
dankol:

Sir, my inner mind agrees with logic and common sense and it says, religion is a haox

The real issue is what exactly is religion? Before God the Father, here is what pure religion is in James 1 :26 -27. Man believes his many deeds are what makes him religious, but your religious deeds shouldn't even be mentioned because its to your Father not to man- to man you are to express love , truth & grace.
And especially as God moves your heart you operate in love, truth & grace. If these actions are done with deceptive motives, its only the person that is deceiving his heart, his not deceiving God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Aftermath Of Rapture / Happy Birthday To Bishop David Oyedepo / Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.