Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,927 members, 7,844,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? (2418 Views)

My Girl's Right Labia Minoria Is Longer Than The Left One. Help!! / Patricia's Smartphone. (a Peek Into The Contemporary Single City Girl's Mind) / A Girl's Mind: Someone Explain, Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by posakosa(m): 1:04am On Aug 17, 2009

It is obvious and apparent that both YOU and HER are young. Stop wahalaing yourself jo! Only God and Time knows what the future holds!

Finish School and get Focused.
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by klassyguy(m): 1:05am On Aug 17, 2009
davidylan:

The chic isnt immature, she's simply aware of what can go wrong when 2 people who love each other live apart from each other for so long. She's used to having the dude practically as a husband even though they arent married. she's probably finding it hard to cope without seeing him around.

If i were you i'd have done the introduction and gone for masters with her.

But how wuld we have sustained ourselves, knowing very well i don't have a job yet? i'm doing the masters as a full-time student. and i haven't been able to get a GA yet.
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by posakosa(m): 1:06am On Aug 17, 2009
exactly, how will he be able to afford things? If he can't even take care of himself,  DO NOT RUSH ANYTHING.
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by klassyguy(m): 1:06am On Aug 17, 2009
posakosa:

It is obvious and apparent that both YOU and HER are young. Stop wahalaing yourself jo! Only God and Time knows what the future holds!

Finish School and get Focused.

i no young oh!!! i'm >25 but <29. my dad got married at my age.
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 17, 2009
klassyguy:

But how wuld we have sustained ourselves, knowing very well i don't have a job yet? i'm doing the masters as a full-time student. and i haven't been able to get a GA yet.

That's probably because you did not alert your program you would be interested in a GA to help offset part of the bills. In my experience i already had a GA lined up with pay even before i left Naija and so did a couple of folks i know.

Doesnt seem like she going with you was part of the original plan.

I guess you'd just have to go to naija this dec, summer is so far away.
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by klassyguy(m): 1:10am On Aug 17, 2009
davidylan:

That's probably because you did not alert your program you would be interested in a GA to help offset part of the bills. In my experience i already had a GA lined up with pay even before i left Naija and so did a couple of folks i know.

Doesnt seem like she going with you was part of the original plan.

I guess you'd just have to go to naija this dec, summer is so far away.

I can't make naija dis december as i have winter classes. Besides the skool i am, they don't really have positions for International students in GA positions, and with the term i came in, the only time there would be vacancies would be in fall.
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by Radiant(f): 1:13am On Aug 17, 2009
So, does it mean that any guy going for Masters abroad shud carry his woman along? Sweet life that would be tongue
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 17, 2009
Who's pressuring a girl at 23? undecided

2011 is not far away. She needs to exercise some patience. But I hope you're a man of your words.
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by oyinda3(f): 1:18am On Aug 17, 2009
klassyguy seriously though, i will say that u are exaggerating her position on this matter. u seem to be doing everything right so i don't know why she is being so inconsiderate really. lol does she want to you to get married as soon as you finish school without a job? I mean if she agrees to sponsor it all and rent the home before you find your job then i guess you can consider that. lol otherwise she needs to take a chill pill as well.
face ur studies bro and don't worry too much about it. I mean, you're enduring your distance, she should be able to do the same as well.
don't mean to be harsh on ur girl but she's stressing u unnecessarily i feel. you two should schedule a really serious conversation and talk all these things through. it doesn't matter if you rain abuses on each other in the process, bring out tissues for your tears or whatnot, just make sure that by the end of that convo, u have reached a feasible agreement on the matter. lol
i wish u luck anyways
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:19am On Aug 17, 2009
davidylan:

If i were you i'd have done the introduction and gone for masters with her.

Exactly.

stillwater, your parents are of a rare breed.
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 17, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Exactly.

stillwater, your parents are of a rare breed.

I guess so.
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by Nobody: 1:23am On Aug 17, 2009
klassyguy:

I can't make naija dis december as i have winter classes. Besides the skool i am, they don't really have positions for International students in GA positions, and with the term i came in, the only time there would be vacancies would be in fall.

Winter classes shld be over at most by the 22nd. Unless you're working you should have 2 weeks off till January, enough time to rush down and come back. But you're probably thinking of the cost no?
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by klassyguy(m): 1:27am On Aug 17, 2009
davidylan:

Winter classes shld be over at most by the 22nd. Unless you're working you should have 2 weeks off till January, enough time to rush down and come back. But you're probably thinking of the cost no?

I'm not thinking of the cost. infact it will be much cheaper because i would just use the return ticket. but i'm still insisting i can't make naija. its too soon for me to go home.

oyinda.:

klassyguy seriously though, i will say that u are exaggerating her position on this matter. u seem to be doing everything right so i don't know why she is being so inconsiderate really. lol does she want to you to get married as soon as you finish school without a job? I mean if she agrees to sponsor it all and rent the home before you find your job then i guess you can consider that. lol otherwise she needs to take a chill pill as well.
face ur studies bro and don't worry too much about it. I mean, you're enduring your distance, she should be able to do the same as well.
don't mean to be harsh on ur girl but she's stressing u unnecessarily i feel. you two should schedule a really serious conversation and talk all these things through. it doesn't matter if you rain abuses on each other in the process, bring out tissues for your tears or whatnot, just make sure that by the end of that convo, u have reached a feasible agreement on the matter. lol
i wish u luck anyways

I culd be exagerrating her position, but wat i could infer from all our discissions on the issue is that she doesn't want it to be long after i arrive that we get married, which i told her is impossible. besides i gave her a 6-month window as we have to plan well in advance. and i plan to do that b4 i leave. i mean start planning.she's just being naughty thats all.
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by klassyguy(m): 1:32am On Aug 17, 2009
davidylan:

Besides naija is not somewhere u just "rush" too, knowing that pple are there waiting and wanting their shares of "what did u bring from obodo oyinbo". dis one wey i no get money.
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 17, 2009
klassyguy:

Besides naija is not somewhere u just "rush" too, knowing that pple are there waiting and wanting their shares of "what did u bring from obodo oyinbo". dis one wey i no get money.

Na dem send you go obodo oyinbo? Abeg its not compulsory to buy anything for anyone except your woman, if they dont understand then too bad.

Anyway you need to reassure your woman you're not going to up and run away with the next whitey or American with passport that you see. she's not immature, simply being protective of her turf. I would be secretly proud i have her if i were in your shoes. Best of luck with her and your plans.
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:34am On Aug 17, 2009
That's why you go to Naija in secret
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by Nobody: 1:37am On Aug 17, 2009
Lol. grin
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by oyinda3(f): 1:41am On Aug 17, 2009
.she's just being naughty thats all.

ha ur problem isn't all that serious afterall. just tell her to stop being naughty. lol
i mean what really is the difference between late 2010 and early 2011. you guys shouldn't be fighting too much over that. i know it's not a petty issue but still.
does she live by herself or with her parents? is she having problems with her current living arrangement that she can't wait the 6mths to settle with u?
u guys do need time for the planning like u said, afterall.
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by klassyguy(m): 1:43am On Aug 17, 2009
davidylan:

Na dem send you go obodo oyinbo? Abeg its not compulsory to buy anything for anyone except your woman, if they dont understand then too bad.

Anyway you need to reassure your woman you're not going to up and run away with the next whitey or American with passport that you see. she's not immature, simply being protective of her turf. I would be secretly proud i have her if i were in your shoes. Best of luck with her and your plans.

Im not saying am not proud of her. infact, she's the best thing that has happened to me after my family and white amala with abula and goat meat.
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by touchmeder: 1:51am On Aug 17, 2009
ive looked inside d crystal ball n i can c where this one is headed! cheesy grin
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by chic2pimp(m): 2:45am On Aug 17, 2009
touchmeder:

ive looked inside d crystal ball n i can c where this one is headed! cheesy grin
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by pinkylady1(f): 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2009
this aint a prob at all. wink
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by biola44: 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2009
no, its a good problem! cheesy
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by iz2much: 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2009
igba wo loti mapada wale remenber 4 nija u get iyawo
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by galatico(m): 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2009
She's simply feeling unsafe!!!
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by klassyguy(m): 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2009
iz2much:

igba wo loti mapada wale remenber 4 nija u get iyawo

Like i said earlier, i'm planning on going home in summer next year. immediately after my finals.

Funny enough, she called me in the middle of the night, apologising for everything. she called me again wen i was having my jog this morning too.
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:41pm On Aug 17, 2009
Better just focus on your masters.

would have been better off in the UK, at leats their own program is justa year and you'd be closer to Naija

that aside just dont give her any reason to panic and dont even think of using anyone to get "papers"
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by platinumnk(f): 6:48pm On Aug 17, 2009
^^ once they come, few wanna leave cool
Re: What Else Can I Do To Put My Girl's Mind At Peace? by klassyguy(m): 7:26pm On Aug 17, 2009
platinumnk:

^^ once they come, few wanna leave cool

Me i wan leave, cos there is something i started up back home and want to use the experience i'll gain from my masters to develop. At least if job no dey, one shld create jobs for oneself and for other pple too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Rely Like Dis Guy, But He Does Not Call. / Damn Just Realised I Actually Have A Lot Of Male Friends Rather Than Females. / Is It Polite To Be Taking A Lady You Want To Mary As Your Wife To A Nightclub?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.