Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 (49266 Views)

Statues Of Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Awolowo, Mbakwe To Be Unveiled By Okorocha / Photos Of Obasanjo Gyrating With Members Of Kegite Club Of Nigeria / Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by Sctests: 4:54pm On May 16, 2016
LeFreakSoChic:

If he had allowed the Russians?
What happened to the thousands of arms and ammunitions given by France and Israel?
How about the mercenaries he was paying in the old currency before Awolowo changed to naira?
You want to start denying the support you had? LOL. Taa gba fuo there.

Excuse me madam, what tribe do you belong?
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by sukkot: 4:57pm On May 16, 2016
Shym3xx:

Loool. Where was Ojukwu the running squirrel of Biafra and his strongest black army ever? I bet my man was on a flight to Abidjan from Uli (what a name...lool) airport in high heels, Mary Kay, lipstick, and a dress looking like Obeah of Onitsha and somewhat reminiscent of the chronicles of Madea loool.

This picture tells a story - Yorubas won that war. But I'll never understand why OBJ was allowed to take the glory of a war he never really did anything of note in. Heck, that nyggah was shot in the arse and shooting someone in the arse is the most disrespectful thing you can ever do to that person. Adekunle and Awolowo should've been allowed to take the glory for a war they won - not cowardly OBJ.

Anyway, the war was won and lost at Ore...and almost all the books I read alluded to that indirectly cos after the Ore battle, Biafrans were on the back foot till the end of the war. The battle of ore is reminiscent of the exploit of the Duke of Wellington against Napoleon and French forces in the battle of Waterloo. Napoleon never recovered from that crunching defeat.

Yorubas of that era were warriors unlike the parrots running around today. I won't bet a penny on today's clowns even against a minority group cos most of these clowns have sold their souls for a plate of porridge and they will end up selling one another out. A lot of them are all over NL lol.
bruv pick a side and stick with it. a double minded man is unstable in all his ways. are you yoruba or are you anti yoruba ? lipsrsealed angry

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by Opharhe: 5:10pm On May 16, 2016
Rexnegro:
meaning una don dey stronger pass nigeria now abi? make una draw the first blood na since una don dey stronger now. I pity una completely This time around, sebi na almost 2million Igbos died then, maybe This time around e go reach like 5milions....ask the chadians What pmb did to Them in 1984, una too small for nigeria to handle when the battle line is drawn.
Just know that my people of the Niger-Delta will not be a party to it- that evil plan of yours(I'm sure you're seeing the signs already). And if the Buhari-led FG does not sensibly maintain this delicate balance as we have it now and maybe do something substantial to improve the country's unity, WE SHALL ALL FEEL THE HEAT. You better pray for peace and work for justice because you too may be consumed. A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:10pm On May 16, 2016
Rayhutar:

Can Nigeria fight the war without Brittish, France, Russians and Egyptian forces and ammunition, it was Biafra versus world powers for 3 years.

Really? This is truly amazing! Biafra, militarily engaging all those superpowers is truly jaw-dropping and quite incredible! Igbo kwenu!!!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by sukkot: 5:13pm On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:
[s][/s]

we thank u igbos so much for developing lagos and fetching all the waters we have in lagos lagoon and streams with your biafran Buckets grin The question is when will you guys repeat another lagos in the south east so the number of luxurious buses filled with igbos searching for greeners pastures and leaving the east on a daily basis reduce? Dont you think it doesnt make sense to demand biafra while your region is filled with dirts, beggars and erosion ravaged lands? Please develop at least one local government in ABA like u developed Lagos, Abuja, London and Newyork city. grin Thank u

[img]http://1.bp..com/--51KjrS_Vcc/TXQEHsSAWRI/AAAAAAAAAv4/7qq-yPtA97M/s1600/Sound_of_Laughter_by_hersley.jpg[/img]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by sukkot: 5:14pm On May 16, 2016
hundredhunndred:

Here is the wild animal called Ojuiku on his way to Abidjan, he was dressed like a village w,hore, the loser of cursed memory have no shame cheesy cheesy cheesy

[img]http://1.bp..com/--51KjrS_Vcc/TXQEHsSAWRI/AAAAAAAAAv4/7qq-yPtA97M/s1600/Sound_of_Laughter_by_hersley.jpg[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by Shym3xx: 5:18pm On May 16, 2016
sukkot:
bruv pick a side and stick with it. a double minded man is unstable in all his ways. are you yoruba or are you anti yoruba ? lipsrsealed angry

Loool.

I'm the real Yoruba not the watered-down Nigerianised-Yoruba like the clowns running around today. The Yoruba consciousness in me, is the real concentrated old school Yoruba via my pops. The Yorubaness of Awolowo. The Yorubaness of Awujale Fidipote. The Yorubaness of Julius Ojo-Cole . The Yorubaness of Alaafin Shango. The Yorubaness of Alaafin Abiodun (can't remember the name of the last great Alaafin Oyo had).

That's me right there with the shower pose like fireman sam loool. I don't indulge in stupidity...I say it as it is. These modern Yoruba clowns are snakes and most of them have sold their souls to the highest bidders. Just look at how divided they're. Heck, they have more five ethnic militia groups with all kinds of names lol.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by sukkot: 5:23pm On May 16, 2016
Shym3xx:

Loool.

I'm the real Yoruba not the watered-down Nigerianised-Yoruba like the clowns running around today. The Yoruba consciousness in me, is the real concentrated old school Yoruba via my pops. The Yorubaness of Awolowo. The Yorubaness of Awujale Fidipote. The Yorubaness of Julius Ojo-Cole . The Yorubaness of Alaafin Shango. The Yorubaness of Alaafin Abiodun (can't remember the name of the last great Alaafin Oyo had).

That's me right there with the shower pose like fireman sam loool. I don't indulge in stupidity...I say it as it is. these modern Yoruba clowns are snakes and most of them have sold their souls to the highest bidders. Just look at how divided they're. Heck, they have more five ethnic militia groups with all kinds of names lol.
same applies to every black man in nigeria of every tribe. every nigerian has sold their soul for material gains. now i ask again, are you yoruba or are you anti-yoruba ?. this is like a nigga in a war who starts shooting his own men. you gotta have the decorum to know when to bring inter-yoruba issues up and its definitely not on the battle field. the fork is wrong with you shymmexxx ? where is ya loyalty to the course ? cry sad undecided

this here is yoruba vs igbo battleground in this thread lolzzzzz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by Shym3xx: 5:36pm On May 16, 2016
sukkot:
same applies to every black man in nigeria of every tribe. every nigerian has sold their soul for material gains. now i ask again, are you yoruba or are you anti-yoruba ?. this is like a nigga in a war who starts shooting his own men. you gotta have the decorum to know when to bring inter-yoruba issues up and its definitely not on the battle field. the fork is wrong with you shymmexxx ? where is ya loyalty to the course ? cry sad undecided

In a war of attrition, a real commander looking to achieve decisive victory, will always shoot and kill fifth columnists before taking on the enemy. Enemies within are the most dangerous and once you can take care of them - you don't have to watch ya back or worry about battle plans being leaked to the enemies.

A lot of these clowns are enemies within. I don't even think you understand the concept of loyalty. Loyalty isn't about trying to cover up what's wrong and being fake...loyalty is about keeping it real at all times. I'm a real nyggah, that's how the old heads raised me and if you're wrong, I will say it to ya face without sugar coating it, regardless of the relationship we've. You can't be a shower man without being real, g.

A lot of these modern Yorubas are suckers, hence they have no leader of note and they move like headless chickens. You just have to keep drumming the truth in their ears regardless of whose ox is gored. I'm old school and I studied Yoruba heroes, not suckers, you get me? All ah dat all ah dat lol.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by sukkot: 5:39pm On May 16, 2016
Shym3xx:

In a war of attrition, a real commander looking to achieve decisive victory, will always shoot and kill fifth columnists before taking on the enemy. Enemies within are the most dangerous and once you can take care of them - you don't have to watch ya back or worry about battle plans being leaked to the enemies.

A lot of these clowns are enemies within. I don't even think you understand the concept of loyalty. Loyalty isn't about trying to cover up what's wrong and being fake...loyalty is about keeping it real at all times. I'm a real nyggah, that's how the old heads raised me and if you're wrong, I will say it to ya face without sugar coating it, regardless of the relationship we've. You can't be a shower man without being real, g.

A lot of these modern Yorubas are suckers, hence they have no leader of note and they move like headless chickens. You just have to keep drumming the truth in their ears regardless of whose ox is gored. I'm old school and I studied Yoruba heroes, not suckers, you get me? All ah dat all ah dat lol.
this nigga on the battle field shooting his own men. friendly fire. the fork wrong with you shymmexx ? sad

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by MENELIK1: 5:41pm On May 16, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

The same way Yorubaland is not only limited to SW or Nigeria. It extends into Benin Republic and Togo.

See story. Igbos in Benue are in Northern Nigeria. EOD.

There is nothing like SE/SS. It is SE or SS. If you want to lay claim.to SS, we have had of the stake there. The whole of Edo and Delta with your Asaba are under western region. There is nothing you can do about that.

Lmaoooooooo.
In addition, there are Yoruba stools in SS Oba in Benin and Olu in Warri
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by MENELIK1: 5:43pm On May 16, 2016
Rayhutar:

SE/SS are the same region, No Emirate stool in it, Igbo land is not limited to SE alone, The Igbos in Benue are not under Hausa-fulani Emirate rule like your people in Kwara. Ikwere people are the owners of their land, whether they decide to rename it from Umuokoro to Rumuokoro, It is their decision and their land, they can call it whatever they like, but Hausa-fulani is ruling their land.
But there are Yoruba stools in SS, Oba in Benin and Olu in Warri.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by Shym3xx: 5:46pm On May 16, 2016
sukkot:
this nigga on the battle field shooting his own men. friendly fire. the fork wrong with you shymmexx ? sad

Lool.

I didn't even shoot - I just drew a comparison between the Yorubas of that era and the suckers running around today. That's not even friendly fire - it's a motivation prep speech to remind weaklings about how brave and victorious in battle their forebears were lol.

But trust me, if I were to command troops, I'll gladly kill snakey cowards and fifth columnists on the battlefield. You just can't leave ya backside open in a war of attrition and I won't mind killing 100 snakes to save 10,000. I think chairman Mao perfected that strategy lol.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by MENELIK1: 5:47pm On May 16, 2016
1stCitizen:

Stop being silly. I am not Igbo. Just saying the truth. Ojukwu was a coward for running away but he was not even up to the rank of a General. Diya and Adisa were Generals and documented as the biggest cowards in the history of the Nigerian Military.

At least the Igbos were man enough to fight after the pogrom in Northern states while you lot have never really fought any battle in history physically but through back stabbing and back biting. Loud cowardly open mouthed bunch of noise makers
Tell us your tribe if you are not ashamed of your existence, every body be like, Yoruba this, Yoruba that, tribe less person like you self dey put mouth on what you ancestors could not stand.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by MENELIK1: 5:52pm On May 16, 2016
Rayhutar:

Dont mind them, the Binis colonize them and the Hausa-fulani institute an Everlasting Emirate in their Land, they came hear taking glory of how Biafra was defeated by combined effort of Russian, France, Britisth, Egytian and Nigerian forces mainly northerners for almost three years. Loud mouthed people that cant rescue small Ilorin from Hausa-Fulani emirate empire, and once under Benin empire lordship before British forces rescue their sorry state from the hand of Benin Empire.
Yet Benin has a Yoruba king (Oba), and Warri is having a Yoruba Monarch Olu I am afraid you don't even understand what you are trying to discuss

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by MENELIK1: 5:54pm On May 16, 2016
MasterofNL:

Gbam!!!

Ojukwu was not even a General in the Nigerian Army when the war broke out.

Oladipo Diya the ewedu muching ape remains the records holder as far as cowardice is concerned in the Nigerian army.

General Ironsi aka IRONSIDE was brave in death even though he knew he was going to die buit he knew he was a General.

Just look at The Yoruba Oladipo Diya & Disa. grin grin grin
Ironsi a brave man, fine now tell me about Adekunle Fajuyi that died with and compare him with Ojukwu

Yoruba should stone oladipo Diya to save face. cheesy cheesy
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:04pm On May 16, 2016
MasterofNL:

How do you define bravery again?

I think 'bravery' is when a war commander abandons his troops and leaves his subjects at the mercy of rampaging enemy forces to torment. It is especially,when such a commander flees to Abidjan in the midst of a war he shouldn't have fought in the first instance.

Anyway,chest-beating did not Just start today; It a sign of bravery after all !

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by franchizy(m): 6:13pm On May 16, 2016
op get a life..the war ended in no victor no vanquish..ojukwu knew ur blood thirty abokis will still kill him,if he doesnt run.u live to fight tomorrow.he is a wise man..igbo kwenu!

Bodmas06:
Philip Effiong, a general of the Biafran Armed
Forces looks on as the General Officer
Commanding the 3 Commando Division of the
Nigerian Army, Colonel Olusegun Obasanjo, initials a
paper of Biafran Surrender in the Field on the 13th
of January, 1970, after Effiong’s broadcast of the
‘Biafran Surrender’ on 12 January, 1970. The leader
of the rebellion, Odumegwu Ojukwu fled Nigeria for
Abidjan, Ivory Coast leaving Effiong to do the
surrendering and ultimate capitulation of Biafra to
the Nigerian Armed Forces.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by Shym3xx: 6:54pm On May 16, 2016
Sukkot

Let me drop some supreme science for you. Take this post as today's mathematics and after this, I hope you'll start following my lead lol.

Malcolm X said it best when he said: you shouldn't be blinded by patriotism and not speak the truth, what is bad is bad (paraphrasing the supreme quote here).

Now back to my post: I alluded to OBJ not deserving the glory accorded to him after that war cos he never did anything. The guy just took Adekunle's glory. That was the guy who the war and I won't take what I said back. Heck, OBJ was shot in the arse and getting shot in the arse is the most disrespectful thing that can ever happen to a soldier where I'm from. You know I ain't got no love for OBJ and I believe he's a cunning sucker and a coward...a man not worthy of emulation. I'll leave that there.

As for what I posted about today's Yorubas - you just need to be observant to see how effed up they are, despite all the noise. A cursory look at the number of groups the so-called Yoruba leaders have alone should paint a picture for you. And they don't even get along. Then you have the countless Yoruba ethnic militia groups (I've actually lost count of these clowns cos there's always a new one blowing hot air weekly on this forum). So, why can't all these people come together under one umbrella and speak with one voice? Yet you think they're not suckers.

Also when you look at Yoruba youths, the tangent of their opinion is based on who has the largest crumbs to swing their way. Tinubu is the richest right now and that's the clown they worship, despite how he has robbed them blind. When a next moneybag comes around, they'll swing his way. And these are the suckers you think don't deserve to be shot on the battlefield? - hysterical. I'm brutal like Chairman Mao and I studied legends/revolutionaries. So always follow my lead, big bredrin lol.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by johnnday222(m): 7:04pm On May 16, 2016
sir,are u in anyway related to basketmouth/ali baba...cos ur comedy sweet no b small.
dsame obj dat ran away cowardly,come still receive nna Biafra surrender note abi?
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by Unbrandedguy: 7:14pm On May 16, 2016
LeFreakSoChic:

If he had allowed the Russians?
What happened to the thousands of arms and ammunitions given by France and Israel?
How about the mercenaries he was paying in the old currency before Awolowo changed to naira?
You want to start denying the support you had? LOL. Taa gba fuo there.

Its a wonder u believed different and baseless stories??.. France never gave any arms support young lady, funny u mentioned Israel? We're did u get that info from?? Lolsss.. Individuals from Israel only played the journalism part, France provided food only, that was why Awolowo said that if they continued feeding Biafrans they will kip fighting. They shot down a French plane and France stopped.
Let me remind you that it was Egyptian pilots that flew the airplane that bombarded Biafra lands. It was British ammunition that was used in the war for Nigerian soldiers. American was passive in thier stand. My dear, the Biafra war was mainly aided by the international power brokers..

The pics posted here only made my mind more resolute.. It never weakened me a bit. I don't pray for war but this time around.. It will burn everyone.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by juman(m): 7:58pm On May 16, 2016
The common man gain nothing but became lost in the so called one nigeria.

Today, common people on the street are in poverty while people that forced one nigeria on the country like obasanjo and co. are billionaires in dollars.

Everyone can see that one nigeria is nothing but fraud, backwardness, poverty, retrogression and it was a mistake.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by juman(m): 8:03pm On May 16, 2016
Go to yorubas villages, towns and cities, you see people in real poverty.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 16, 2016
MENELIK1:

Tell us your tribe if you are not ashamed of your existence, every body be like, Yoruba this, Yoruba that, tribe less person like you self dey put mouth on what you ancestors could not stand.

Are you talking about your ancestor Awo that committed suicide? Only cowards kill themselves in times of peace like your eternal leader. We the Ijaw nation know you as traitors and cowards.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by tarekamos: 9:05pm On May 16, 2016
medpren:
OBJ the one who ran away on sighting Biafran BOFFs at Owerri and got Biafran bullet in his left ass as a take away gift.

Even his son saw Boko haram and got a Boko bullet in his ass too.

Gen Diya cried like a toddler, Gen Kuti ran from Boko shouting e gba mi o and got jailed for cowardice!

yoruba generals sef! grin

You must be a comedian
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by tarekamos: 9:08pm On May 16, 2016
1stCitizen:

Are you talking about your ancestor Awo that committed suicide? Only cowards kill themselves in times of peace like your eternal leader. We the Ijaw nation know you as traitors and cowards.

Son of a fisherman talking about great Awo.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by dapsonlou(m): 9:09pm On May 16, 2016
chiedu7:
Is it not amazing that the whole Nigeria had to team up to defeat the East-Central region.

Not one single region could do it on their own.

It was 2 or 3 regions against one,

It shows that the East Central Region was vital to Nigeria.

No wonder this East Central Region can do without the rest of Nigeria

But the rest of Nigeria is fearful of them leaving.

Even if Ekiti the try to go form Odudu land with Fayoke, no do we go join force defeat am. 1 naija
I
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by dapsonlou(m): 9:10pm On May 16, 2016
chiedu7:
Is it not amazing that the whole Nigeria had to team up to defeat the East-Central region.

Not one single region could do it on their own.

It was 2 or 3 regions against one,

It shows that the East Central Region was vital to Nigeria.

No wonder this East Central Region can do without the rest of Nigeria

But the rest of Nigeria is fearful of them leaving.

Even if Ekiti try to go form Odudu land with FayoSe, na so we go join force defeat am. 1 naija
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by Shym3xx: 10:56pm On May 16, 2016
Sukkot

Still waiting for ya reply.

I want to get deeper, so you can stop being a Nigerianised Yoruba sheeple like these clowns and convert back to a proper Yoruba nyggah the Yoruba ancestors would be proud of. A lot of things happening right now are deeper than they actually look and the collateral damage are the millions of poor Yoruba folks who're out there struggling to feed themselves in that cesspit.

Shout me.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by tk4rd: 4:06am On May 17, 2016
asokoromadam:
I thought section whatever of the rules says ,no to Biafra topic.
E go hot for people wey dey this country
Now you don wake..
The rule didn't say No to "Biafra topic"..
It said No to "Threads Promoting Biafra"..
That means, "Threads Ridiculing Biafra" is very much allowed..
Now that you are awake, Welcome To Nairaland.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by Nobody: 10:50am On May 17, 2016
tarekamos:

Son of a fisherman talking about great Awo.

Sons of Fishermen feeding your entire ewedu drinking generation since 1956. The price of oil only slumped and you guys are already hungry. Just imagine how you will all be annihilated when we eventually seize all the oilfields and flow stations.

You think the Fulani/Hausa will rescue you with their beef, tomatoes and onions? You must be joking.

How long will you guys survive on Ewedu and Amala when this happens grin grin grin
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 by absalut: 1:05pm On May 17, 2016
Biafran 'surrender'

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oseloka Obaze Wins Anambra PDP Governorship Primaries / APC Shifts Governorship Primaries For Lagos, Enugu And Adamawa States / As Anambra Clocks 28 Years Today, See Aerial View Of State Capital, Awka (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.