Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,450 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly (44109 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Return: There Is A Bigger Fraud Being Perpetrated - Saraki / Crude Oil Is $59 And We Are Paying N2.25 Billion For Subsidy. 1 trillion 1year / REVEALED: 1 Million Nigerians Set To Receive N5,000 Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Nusaf: 7:14am On May 17, 2016
Amiee99:

If the government believes they can give out loans and these other things without adverse effect on the nation and it would truly be so, then it means there has been gross misappropriation of funds in the past.
EXTREMELY GROSS MISAPPROPRIATION.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by JUHABACH: 7:14am On May 17, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
You want my opinion.....I don't think that Government should be giving people loans and grants right now....because we cannot afford it.

Sorry....I know people would hate me, and I have already been shouted at for saying this....but right now....Nigeria cannot afford mass welfare projects with oil prices at $50 per barrel.....when we were having issues with such projects at over $100 per barrel.

(And I have even more bad news.....oil is going to keep going down. The $100 barrel era is over.).

For me, there is only one way out of this. Telling Nigerians the honest truth....we do not have enough money right now....and we need to spend money on becoming a self sufficient nation.....by improving power, roads, rail and education....so that we can no longer be affected by sudden drops in the oil price.We may go through some austerity....but it would be worth it at the end.

So sorry.....but APC and every other party should be thinking about saving money. Awoof government is forty years out of date. Time we became a serious manufacturing power...the hard way.

my thoughts exactly.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by arisemyglory(m): 7:17am On May 17, 2016
pls,Mr President ,dis is. not time for campaign stop all dis fable .
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Nobody: 7:21am On May 17, 2016
HRich:
Send me your name along with 50,000 the job is done
so before I can be paid #5,000 monthly, I will have to bribe you with #50,000, and somebodynis telling me this country will be great, I laugh in my native language
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Baonel(m): 7:26am On May 17, 2016
Have u checked the quantity of Gala lately?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Nobody: 7:28am On May 17, 2016
Nusaf:

Electricity and transport have gotten their own fair share in the budget. Alleviating poverty and building infrastructure can run simultaneously in a good government.
I know but is there an amount to much to spend on electricity and transportation? Besides no proper data management system to disburse the money and loan without misappropriation, mismanagement and corruption...
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by laffwitmi: 7:31am On May 17, 2016
You will wail for anoda 7yrs,it's a pity...sowie eeee
winningwinner:
Joke of the century!!!! This government is a big joke! Whose children are they feeding? Wait a minute, you want to spend money to be feeding children when their parents are hungry and unemployed? Shaa! Who is fooling who? For how long will you feed these children? Will you also pay their school fees, from primary through to tertiary institution?
Kudos to my neighbour Adamu, he has been warming up to add more wives... this news will truly spur him to produce more children for apc government to feed!
They scrapped SURE-P and sacked their workers, stopped YouWiN programme and seized Awardees' funds. No job creation, only to feed almajiri!
What a visionless government!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by loomer: 7:42am On May 17, 2016
E don tay wey nigeria leaders dey sabi use grammar dey deceive us.

Who and who be extremely poor families now? How dem wan take know them?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by IamLEGEND1: 7:47am On May 17, 2016
quote author=MUVA post=45689666]Iamlegend what's up man?? You alright?[/quote] bro! I'm doing fine. Dropped my phone in water.planning on getting a new one very soon-this weekend if everytin goes to plan.never knew typing with a java phone is hell.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Kingspin(m): 7:51am On May 17, 2016
Wealthgang:
If all these are fully implemented, then indeed this admin is right on point. N500b for social intervention with well laid-out plans? Haba! PMB God bless u abundantly.

If u get pained or sad and frustrated by this post, then u need deliverance by 77 T.B Joshuas.

Let's see how it all plays out. I'm 95% confident that we won't hear that billions meant for this scheme will be squandered. That is d advantage of PMB over d 'heroic' IB.
I pray NLC sees reasons with d FG and doesn't go on strike. In d long run, Nigerians won't regret voting this man.

Wailers, IPOB touts and anti-buharians, better be attentive o so that d teaching jobs for 500,000 unemployed youths won't pass u by.

Lest I forget, what about civil servants?
So giving N5000 to a very few people will solve our nation problems. In fact, I do not even see them paying. I call it backyard policy.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by MUVA(m): 7:55am On May 17, 2016
IamLEGEND1post=45689666:
Iamlegend what's up man?? You alright? bro! I'm doing fine. Dropped my phone in water.planning on getting a new one very soon-this weekend if everytin goes to plan.never knew typing with a java phone is hell.

Alright bro, been tryna get your number or something but no one seemed to have it. Sorry about the little hazard. Will be more than glorious to have you back man.

Have fun typing with the java phone! tongue gringrin
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by mikeakeh(m): 7:59am On May 17, 2016
chiefolododo:
Which criterion are they going to use to select the 1m extremely poor Nigerians? Na their friends and families dey go still put, besides how about the other extremely poor Nigerians?
abi oo... just 1million people out of close to 200million citizens... how sensible is that
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by NigerianScholar: 8:07am On May 17, 2016
Dahkogrin007:
Though APC govt might fail us... I knw "Gala" will not fail us.... Gala was 50naira b4 election and stil 50naira after election

InGalaWeTrust

By the time your so called 50n gala becomes like 10 naira noreios you will know. It will keep getting shorter
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by hardcorevin(m): 8:10am On May 17, 2016
DExplorer1:

To assuage the anger of Nigerians over the increase in the price of premium motor spirit to N145 a litre, the Muhammadu Buhari administration has rolled out palliative measures running into half a trillion naira.

Over eight million Nigerians will benefit from the programmes scheduled to begin in a matter of weeks.

Highlights of the palliatives are:

*5.5 million school children to be fed for 200 school days in first phase of homegrown school feeding programme
*Over 1.6 million Nigerian traders, market women, men, artisans to receive loans.
*1 million extremely poor and vulnerable Nigerians to receive N60,000 this year in 12 months payments of N5000 each.

All together the federal government would be directly impacting the lives of more than 8 million Nigerians in different social investment 2016 budget spending that would provide succor and be a ready-made palliative to ordinary Nigerians.

This disclosure was made last night by the Senior Special Assistant for Media & Publicity to the President, Mr. Laolu Akande, in an interaction with the press in Abuja.

He gave new details and a breakdown of the interventions and palliatives, some of which he said would be starting in a matter of weeks thus:

1.*the direct payment of N5000 monthly to one million extremely poor Nigerians for 12 months as provided for in the 2016 budget for which N$68.7B has been appropriated.
2*the direct provision of very soft loan -cash for market women, men and traders, including artisans and Agric workers. This would be for a total of 1.76m Nigerians, without the requirement for conventional collateral. Some of the traders will likely get about N60,000. A total sum of N140.3B has already been appropriated for this in the budget,
3*payment of between N23,000 to N30,000 per month to 500,000 unemployed graduates who would be trained, paid and deployed to work as volunteer teachers, public health officers and extension service workers among other responsibilities.
-They would also be given electronic devices to empower them technologically both for their assignments and beyond
-similarly 100,000 artisans would also be trained and paid
N191.5B has been set aside for this in the passed budget.
4. At least 5.5 million Nigerian primary school children -ie starting first in 18 states-three per geopolitical zones-would be fed for 200 school days under the free Homegrown School Feeding Programme. N93.1B has been appropriated for this in the 2016 budget.
5. 100,000 tertiary students in Science Technology Engineering & Maths-STEM, plus Education will partake in the N5.8B already provided for this education grant in the budget. This payment would also be paid directly to the students.

When added together this year alone, more than 8 million Nigerians would be benefiting from the Social Investment budget.

Akande who works from the Office of the Vice President said the N500B social investement programmes of the Buhari administration is a ready made palliative to lift Nigerians from poverty and economic hardship.

“Long before now the Presidency has made adequate arrangements in the 2016 budget to ensure that Nigerians are lifted from poverty and hardship,” the spokesperson stated.

This will not only assuage the current pains arising from the new fuel pricing regime, but will provide ongoing social safety nets for over 8 million Nigerians this year alone, according to Akande.

He added that this is beside the jobs that would be created by the infrastructural projects that would be restored and the new ones that would soon be taking off.

Said he: “the Buhari presidency is keen to ensure that Nigerians are lifted and that if necessary on an ongoing basis palliatives measures would always been considered to address the conditions of the people.”

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/05/15/1-million-nigerians-to-receive-n5000-monthly/

**********************************************************************************************
Nigerians should put their ears to the ground as these programmes are executed. We are under a more sincere government than ever.

i think its too early to start 2019 campaign!!!!!!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by simplynola(m): 8:11am On May 17, 2016
150 million less 1 million citizens = 149 million. 149 million i guess are from chad and cameroon.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by phoenix45(m): 8:12am On May 17, 2016
Out of frying pan,we entered into another form of slavery. Who will save our nigerian from this bad goverment ?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by mfujah(m): 8:14am On May 17, 2016
ststyreal:

please oooo from your statement above, its obvious you are APC supporters, I just need you to explain the modalities and criteria to be used in ascertaining the most impoverished Nigerians? Thanks in anticipation of your response.
I am not a fan of apc... am just a citizen of this great country and also #teambuhari#.... it is common sense that PMB is removing fuel subsidy to make sure incentives are spread to downside... guy 2015 nigeria paid 1trillion for subsidy... i know u dont know the truth about all this... kindly do you findings... long live PMB
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by OMOBABAYEMI: 8:17am On May 17, 2016
This People Dont Get it. The Problems Are Still There. Dont Bribe The People With The Money. Stand Your Ground Save This Mony And Build Refinery For Us!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by koladata(m): 9:00am On May 17, 2016
semiga:
We're database dey
God bless you for that question
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Tundephish(m): 9:11am On May 17, 2016
What a plan, but oga buhari your plan don make you forget your promises. Well dey don say person wey shit go forget but person wey pack shit no fit forget lailai. You don forget the shit wey we Nigerians pack during your campaign grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by tinktanker: 9:12am On May 17, 2016
My God, WY are nigerians so so stupid. Govt can't pay 18k minimum wage but is willing to pay 5k to the unemployed n 45k as new minimum wage all in the bid to achieve their 145 fuel price n some folks believe dem hookline n sinker. So if dey increase fuel to 145 n don't do as promised wat nxt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by ovieokodhi(m): 9:19am On May 17, 2016
hmm robbing peter to pay Paul
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Bjergtrolde: 9:35am On May 17, 2016
DExplorer1:

To assuage the anger of Nigerians over the increase in the price of premium motor spirit to N145 a litre, the Muhammadu Buhari administration has rolled out palliative measures running into half a trillion naira.

Over eight million Nigerians will benefit from the programmes scheduled to begin in a matter of weeks.

Highlights of the palliatives are:

*5.5 million school children to be fed for 200 school days in first phase of homegrown school feeding programme
*Over 1.6 million Nigerian traders, market women, men, artisans to receive loans.
*1 million extremely poor and vulnerable Nigerians to receive N60,000 this year in 12 months payments of N5000 each.

All together the federal government would be directly impacting the lives of more than 8 million Nigerians in different social investment 2016 budget spending that would provide succor and be a ready-made palliative to ordinary Nigerians.

This disclosure was made last night by the Senior Special Assistant for Media & Publicity to the President, Mr. Laolu Akande, in an interaction with the press in Abuja.

He gave new details and a breakdown of the interventions and palliatives, some of which he said would be starting in a matter of weeks thus:

1.*the direct payment of N5000 monthly to one million extremely poor Nigerians for 12 months as provided for in the 2016 budget for which N$68.7B has been appropriated.
2*the direct provision of very soft loan -cash for market women, men and traders, including artisans and Agric workers. This would be for a total of 1.76m Nigerians, without the requirement for conventional collateral. Some of the traders will likely get about N60,000. A total sum of N140.3B has already been appropriated for this in the budget,
3*payment of between N23,000 to N30,000 per month to 500,000 unemployed graduates who would be trained, paid and deployed to work as volunteer teachers, public health officers and extension service workers among other responsibilities.
-They would also be given electronic devices to empower them technologically both for their assignments and beyond
-similarly 100,000 artisans would also be trained and paid
N191.5B has been set aside for this in the passed budget.
4. At least 5.5 million Nigerian primary school children -ie starting first in 18 states-three per geopolitical zones-would be fed for 200 school days under the free Homegrown School Feeding Programme. N93.1B has been appropriated for this in the 2016 budget.
5. 100,000 tertiary students in Science Technology Engineering & Maths-STEM, plus Education will partake in the N5.8B already provided for this education grant in the budget. This payment would also be paid directly to the students.

When added together this year alone, more than 8 million Nigerians would be benefiting from the Social Investment budget.

Akande who works from the Office of the Vice President said the N500B social investement programmes of the Buhari administration is a ready made palliative to lift Nigerians from poverty and economic hardship.

“Long before now the Presidency has made adequate arrangements in the 2016 budget to ensure that Nigerians are lifted from poverty and hardship,” the spokesperson stated.

This will not only assuage the current pains arising from the new fuel pricing regime, but will provide ongoing social safety nets for over 8 million Nigerians this year alone, according to Akande.

He added that this is beside the jobs that would be created by the infrastructural projects that would be restored and the new ones that would soon be taking off.

Said he: “the Buhari presidency is keen to ensure that Nigerians are lifted and that if necessary on an ongoing basis palliatives measures would always been considered to address the conditions of the people.”

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/05/15/1-million-nigerians-to-receive-n5000-monthly/

**********************************************************************************************
Nigerians should put their ears to the ground as these programmes are executed. We are under a more sincere government than ever.

This is taken from Rochas school of scams. One Chief/Alhaji/Otunba/Olorogu will bring a list of 1000 people in his domain who are even too poor to have a bank account and collect 5000naira on their behalf.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by abizo(m): 9:58am On May 17, 2016
my concern is to perfect what u wish Nigerians .say baaaaaaabah
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by obi58: 10:00am On May 17, 2016
mfujah:

I am not a fan of apc... am just a citizen of this great country and also #teambuhari#.... it is common sense that PMB is removing fuel subsidy to make sure incentives are spread to downside... guy 2015 nigeria paid 1trillion for subsidy... i know u dont know the truth about all this... kindly do you findings... long live PMB

Guy you must be shortsighted not to see the cabal in the electricity that has prodded government into raising electricity tariffs 60% whilst the seemingly unending issue of non availability of meters is yet to be addressed. We talk about a cabal that has been in the subsidy of fuel which needs to be eliminated. What about this cabal?

Back to the story of economic palliatives, in these hard times, is it not more sensible to use 5bn to buy Keke and distribute to the poorest and provide them with jobs than to give them 5k every month? For how long will u keep doing that when as a government, you are already struggling with recurrent expenditure? Ditto the stupid idea of paying graduates 23-30k when it is in the news already that govt is struggling to pay corpers and that is why these is a delay in the mobilization of the next batch of corp members. Why not give them well supervised loans or grants to start up small businesses which would in turn create more jobs? Is that not what a progressive government will do? Instead we are talking about lending max of 50k to artisans and traders only.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by gevans(m): 10:06am On May 17, 2016
mira4u:
grin lol later they will say he is not corrupt. See indirect bribe.

U make me laugh, sister this is welcome devt. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Billygee2u: 10:10am On May 17, 2016
mira4u:
grin lol later they will say he is not corrupt. See indirect bribe.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Billygee2u: 10:14am On May 17, 2016
tinktanker:
My God, WY are nigerians so so stupid. Govt can't pay 18k minimum wage but is willing to pay 5k to the unemployed n 45k as new minimum wage all in the bid to achieve their 145 fuel price n some folks believe dem hookline n sinker. So if dey increase fuel to 145 n don't do as promised wat nxt.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by henrynick(m): 10:32am On May 17, 2016
banme1:
u won't hesitate if given the chance to visit US or UK.

What if I tell you I've been there ....even if I haven't I have family over there and I tell you Africa is the future ....those countries have reached their economic limit and the new market is Africa.......a good example is Venezuela they have the biggest oil reserve ...but with the present state of things right now they are going tru hard times .......food shortage......at least we have food, maybe its expensive but its better...so what I want you to do is pray and hope for better days instead of cursing and being sentimental about the whole issue.... Awof government era don pass so let's face it together I don't care about APC or PDP.its the man himself.....I don't care what you think or feel about his style of rule but I know for sure that he means well for this country
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Nobody: 11:33am On May 17, 2016
Kingspin:
So giving N5000 to a very few people will solve our nation problems. In fact, I do not even see them paying. I call it backyard policy.
It's just a palliative d govt can afford. That 5k for 1m is N67.8bn out of d N500bn earmarked for social welfare.
So there's still N432.2bn left and yea it'd go a long way. Nobody said paying d 5k will automatically solve our myriad of problems
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by Nobody: 11:37am On May 17, 2016
henrynick:

I don't care about APC or PDP.its the man himself.....I don't care what you think or feel about his style of rule but I know for sure that he means well for this country
Word!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly by walkitalki(f): 11:46am On May 17, 2016
nah today i begin here dis same story, buhari all we r waitin for is the hand of the clock thats ticking Tic-Tac, very soon u will swept out of that office with the same broom that swept u mistakenly in.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerians Blast Dankwambo For Mocking Buhari For Blaming The Youths / Young Soldier Dies In Enugu State After His Passing Out Parade In Kaduna. Photo / Special Message By DSS On Social Media In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.