Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,542 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? (32485 Views)

What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? / If We All Pay Tithes To Churches, Who Do Churches Pay Tithes Too? Just Curious / Is It Wrong To Attend Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by afiq(m): 2:59pm On May 13, 2010
well said @ chukwi
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Nobody: 12:15am On May 14, 2010
I disagree with the highlighted portion (lines 6&7) Chukwudi44, The wofers seem to have picked up on the fallacy of Jesus Christ going to hell. You contradicted your self with line 7 "rose from the dead", wrong interpretation of the Greek word "Hades" don't you think?

Yes it is generally beleived that Jesus during his 3 days in the grave went to hell(or purgatory) to preach to the spirits that were not saved during noah's time. as stated in 1 pet 3;18-20

1 Peter 3:18-20 Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, because they formerly did not obey, when God’s patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water

1 Peter 4:4-6 They are surprised when you do not join them in the same flood of debauchery, and they malign you; but they will give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. For this is why the gospel was preached even to those who are dead, that though judged in the flesh the way people are, they might live in the spirit the way God does.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by ogajim(m): 1:09pm On May 14, 2010
^^ Thank you Chukwudi44

Luke 23:

43And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Matt.28:

7And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

Remember also that one of the ACCUSATIONS against Jesus Christ was that " Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days,"
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 27, 2012
hw did i get here?
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by dorox(m): 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2012
musKeeto: hw did i get here?
Boredom perhaps?
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
dorox:
Boredom perhaps?
Na. I quoted a post on front page.. then posted.. and somehow appeared here.. I modified the original post...
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by okwele1(f): 10:01pm On Apr 07, 2013
You should pay tithe to d church where u being fed/attend spiritually, not ur former church or diff church.
Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by wazobiaforu(m): 11:15am On Apr 08, 2013
if one gives as under the law, there are other things one must do, which are never told. We cannot pick and choose which parts of the law we like or want to obey. No pastor has the authority to delete some parts of the law and include other parts. It is either all or nothing. No human can change God’s law.

If one decides to tithe under the law, he must:

1. Give ALL the tithes required by the law. Some count 3-4 different tithes under the law of Moses. One tithe will not satisfy the law. (Remember, no human can change God’s law.)

2. Give your tithes to a Levitical priest. The problem here is that there is no more Levitical priesthood. Modern pastors are not Levitical priests. (Remember, no human can change God’s law.)

3. Give tithes in the form of agricultural produce and livestock. This will not work for urban dwellers -- unless you have a very big garden! (Remember, no human can change God’s law.) As to Jesus’ rebuke of the Pharisees that they tithe mint, dill and cummin (Matthew 23:23), remember that the New Covenant did not begin until the cross.

4. Bring your tithes to the storehouse, or temple. You will have to go to Jerusalem, but when you get there you will not find the temple. The problem here is that there has been no temple since A.D. 70. Modern church buildings are not the temple. Individual believers are God’s temple. (Remember, no human can change God’s law.)

Here is the main passage for guidance in New Covenant giving :

"Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. EACH MAN SHOULD GIVE WHAT HE HAS DECIDED IN HIS HEART TO GIVE, NOT RELUCTANTLY OR UNDER COMPULSION, FOR GOD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVER.

The subject of giving concisely demonstrates the difference in the Old Covenant vs. the New Covenant; that is, giving as a legal requirement vs. out of the heart. The New Covenant is all about the heart, in which Christ dwells.

N:B you need to know tha laws of moses are 613 in total

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? by gableraja(m): 1:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
Most people are contributing like babies (I am sure dat is what u re)...U better go and read ur bible very well and ask the Holy Spirit to give you understanding into Mysteries...Tithe is as relevant as everything you know in ur life is relevant...

Go and Read Mat 23:23...Read, Meditate and Implement

For the guys that posted the question I see dat u know ur answer already that is why u keep supporting those that flow in line with your thought...You better find a home church like someone said and be sending ur tithe there...What Pastors do with tithe does not concern you what concerns you is your obedience to God...

All those sharing and distributing of tithes is against scripture.....Remember for those that are quoting scripture wrongly Giving is different from tithing...Go and read ur scripture and stop displaying your ignorance here...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alert: Satan Has Poured Out Spirit Of Witchcraft, Heavily. Step Up Your Prayer / Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights / No Anambra Man Would Let An Enugu Man Be President” – Rev Fr. Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.