Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

11 Things You'll Only Understand If You're An Introvert Dating An Extrovert - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 11 Things You'll Only Understand If You're An Introvert Dating An Extrovert (1142 Views)

Advantages Of Dating An Older Woman / 5 Things You'll Get When You Dont Take Care Of Your Woman / Struggles You Would Understand If Your Beard Has Just Refused To Connect (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Things You'll Only Understand If You're An Introvert Dating An Extrovert by phenase(m): 12:08am On May 19, 2016
1. Staring at him with laser beams in your eyes every time he asks you if you want to go out. How long have we been dating dude? I would almost always rather stay inside and you know this. However, I am a great girlfriend so I will go to this horrible-sounding trivia night with you. Which brings me to…

2. Every time you want to do something together it's like A Whole Thing. And it will almost always come down to bargaining. Example: "OK, I'll go to your work dinner with you tonight, but then you have to promise me we can stay on the couch all day Saturday. That is my heaven and you know this."

3. Watching them instantly connect with everyone in the room like they're an alien. How is he so fearless?! It takes you 20 one-on-one conversations to find someone you feel connected to and by the end of that you're tired. He on the other hand walks up to a garden hose and is like, "You should be my best man some day," and the hose is like, "You're a great guy. Sure."

4. When you try to tell him you need time alone and he looks at you like you're breaking up with him. To him, alone time means "I hate you. Bye." But for you, it's a vital part of you recharging your batteries. Eventually he'll realize this of course, but every time you need to take it, he'll still kind of wonder if you're mad at him. WHICH YOU'RE NOT, JEEZ.

5. Wanting to murder him when he tells you that you think too much. Or that you need to loosen up. Or really any other implication that you should be more like him. How does he not know that if anything, he should be more like you? That's the obvious truth.

6. When you go to a party together and you feel like you're holding him back from having fun. Most social events are just you being like, "Leave me here by the chips and I'll see you when you're done." But of course he's super sweet so he's like, "No, no. I'll hang with you until you feel like being social." And then you have to remind him that could be "in two years" and it's best to just go on without you.

7. Trying to get to know all of his friends is like trying to become friends with everyone on Instagram. It's just way too many Jeffs. Plus, who has the emotional energy to try to tell his 17 work friends apart? Not you.

8. Having people ask how you guys make it work and being like, "IDK." It's weird to hear someone say, "I don't know how you guys are a couple" and kind of agree with them. It's not that you don't love him, but you'll always know that on paper you don't make sense. But honestly, who cares? You're happy.

9. Being able to balance each other out when you both desperately need that. Sure, you might not make sense on the surface, but when he's super exhausted, you know exactly how to help him relax. And when you're being a cagey, shut-in weirdo, he knows just the right amount of social stimuli to expose you to. It's a really cute balance actually.

10. When he feels weird because you're so quiet around his friends and family. And then you feel guilty for, oh I don't know, being the person he's always known you to be. You can't magically change just because it's important to him that you change. That said, you'll try. You really will.

11. When he drags you out to some dumb event you didn't want to go to and you actually have fun. And then you basically love him for all of life for this reason.

Source:
http://www.firmtech1.com/2016/05/11-things-you-only-understand-if-you.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You'll Only Understand If You're An Introvert Dating An Extrovert by Nobody: 12:13am On May 19, 2016
too long embarassed

Kindly help a bruh summarize
Re: 11 Things You'll Only Understand If You're An Introvert Dating An Extrovert by Bishops10(m): 12:20am On May 19, 2016
Op,what's The price of fuel in your area?
Re: 11 Things You'll Only Understand If You're An Introvert Dating An Extrovert by unapapadeycraze: 12:22am On May 19, 2016
Oyinbo crap. I was expecting to see a nigerian write up.
Re: 11 Things You'll Only Understand If You're An Introvert Dating An Extrovert by hemartins(m): 12:37am On May 19, 2016
Would the strike continue tomorrow?
Re: 11 Things You'll Only Understand If You're An Introvert Dating An Extrovert by Nobody: 1:16am On May 19, 2016
Actually, this piece is lovely!

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You'll Only Understand If You're An Introvert Dating An Extrovert by unapapadeycraze: 1:31am On May 19, 2016
Oliviaarims:
Actually, this piece is lovely!

are you an introvert?
Re: 11 Things You'll Only Understand If You're An Introvert Dating An Extrovert by naijaboiy: 1:45am On May 19, 2016
Boring introverts. undecided
Re: 11 Things You'll Only Understand If You're An Introvert Dating An Extrovert by EzePromoe: 4:38am On May 19, 2016
Introverts are not boring only that they need a lot of space before they can think. A male extrovert - female introvert pair is always a good match, but a female extrovert - male introvert is a NO No. Extrovert - Extrovert will settle all their differences in night clubs but Introvert - Introvert hmmm, Just like Heaven but you will call it "super boring "
Re: 11 Things You'll Only Understand If You're An Introvert Dating An Extrovert by victorbrock(m): 4:45am On May 19, 2016
OP self... BORING... You mustn't copy and post anything you see.
Re: 11 Things You'll Only Understand If You're An Introvert Dating An Extrovert by Nobody: 6:04am On May 19, 2016
unapapadeycraze:

are you an introvert?

Not exactly.
Re: 11 Things You'll Only Understand If You're An Introvert Dating An Extrovert by firstking01(m): 7:32am On May 19, 2016
You guys always make it seem like being an introvert is a sin or curseundecided...tho most times some of em suckembarassed,,,but not like Ellacutegrin
Re: 11 Things You'll Only Understand If You're An Introvert Dating An Extrovert by firstking01(m): 7:33am On May 19, 2016
You guys always make it seem like being an introvert is a sin or curseundecided...tho most times some of em suckembarassed,,,but Ellacute is exceptionalgrin
Re: 11 Things You'll Only Understand If You're An Introvert Dating An Extrovert by unapapadeycraze: 7:38am On May 19, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Not exactly.

you are sitting on the fence. A beautiful lady like you can't be an introvert. I have a feeling dat you are saucy, extroverts are saucy.

(1) (Reply)

12 Signs Your Love Is Failing / baby saved by a dog...picx / When A Guy Tells You He Sleeps All Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.