Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates (30328 Views)

Osinbajo, Ngige & Kachikwu Addressing Protesting NLC & TUC Members Today (Photos / Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Shollyps(m): 10:49am On May 20, 2016
effective in ondo state... futa boys dey enjoy for. house presently
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by streamsofjoy(f): 10:49am On May 20, 2016
DropShot:
Which strike?

The most ineffective strike ever witnessed in Nigeria's history.

This goes a long way to prove that Nigerians still trust PMB to deliver the goods with their money despite the hard times. Trust is invaluable indeed.

Trust ké. We just refused to comply with the strike Becos we can't afford to idle at home this "hard times". We need to eat.

1 Like

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by huwins(f): 10:50am On May 20, 2016
Zenith bank yesterday open in uyo, but business was not as usual. Those bank girls where playing games with each other. some has to sit on the counter.few people where seen doing business.
[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by phemmie06(m): 10:51am On May 20, 2016
Even NSE, NIGERIA STOCK EXCHANGE is on
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Sunkyphil(m): 10:51am On May 20, 2016
Ntin like strike here in lagos o i didnt even notice it

1 Like

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by jozee8: 10:51am On May 20, 2016
DropShot:
Which strike?

This goes a long way to prove that Nigerians still trust PMB to deliver the goods with their money despite the hard times. Trust is invaluable indeed.
You are blessed beyond measures!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by joy2(m): 10:52am On May 20, 2016
Strike or no strike. fuel price will soon fall and fuel attendants will be begging people to come and buy for as low as 50 naira and this will happen with the next 2 years. Do you Know Why?
1. solar cars are on there way out.
2.alternative to fossil fuel is on the way and demand will fall drastically.
3. people who buy fuel to run there gen. May not need to do that because many more people are getting to know the advatages of using solar in their homes. i installed solar I by house and in the last 15months I have been enjoying uninterupted power supply.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by gwales: 10:56am On May 20, 2016
Just came out of the bank in yola. All Government and non government activities are ongoing in adamawa

3 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by joerich2015(m): 10:57am On May 20, 2016
I pray we masses dn't regret nt supporting NLC in this struggle. God Save NIGERIA from d hands of our so called Leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by simplibaba(m): 10:58am On May 20, 2016
kurt09:
Ineffective? Banks, Public School(university,primary,secondary,poly.), General hospitals etc are on strike.

which of the banks sir and which of the pry school cos here in lagos everything is going fine....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Abagworo(m): 11:07am On May 20, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
There is no strike in lagos,banks are working,buses are on the street,private schools are all opening,what is strike,am on third mainland bridge naw and the hold-up is hectic..so what the hell is strike?..NLC messed up

In Port Harcourt life is smooth. People no want suffer on top suffer not like they endorse the increase in fuel price.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by greatiyk4u(m): 11:09am On May 20, 2016
kurt09:
Ineffective? Banks, Public School(university,primary,secondary,poly.), General hospitals etc are on strike.

Wch state please?
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Intendy: 11:14am On May 20, 2016
dridowu:
So because Diamond Bank is close in your area those that mean that it should also close in my area. Ok, oooo, i don hear you. But let me inform that Diamond Bank (2branch, Last Bus stop branch and Okota Branch) are both open for business, both branch are in Ago Palace Way, Okota.

he's in a remote area that's why.
in ibadan,shagamu in Ogun state,Lagos and even some places in edo banks are opened and transport is available so which strike is holding.

3 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Rexyblaze: 11:17am On May 20, 2016
All public schools in Abuja were Closed Today
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Kay17: 11:20am On May 20, 2016
Acidosis:
Why are some people celebrating the "failure" of NLC strike, at a time they should be worried?

Govt imposed bank charges, zombies digested hook, line, and sinker.

Fashola imposed increased electricity tariff, zombies said Nigeria is broke, so they accepted and digested hook, line and sinker.

Govt imposed fuel hike without due consultations (they know zombies will digest hook, line and sinker), and some people are celebrating?

For those who don't understand the implications of their acts, Government knows they can incite the "people" against Labour (very strange), and here some folks are rejoicing.

When many of you would need Labour, I hope you all won't complain if they decide to keep shut as you all have suggested?

It is well. The government should continue to fractionalize Labour while inciting the people against them. smiley

Meanwhile, as at this morning, NLC said the govt has not sent any invitation for dialogue. The government is still BUSY trying to see the ineffectiveness of Labour, so it can firmly plant its inhumane policies (because Nigeria is broke smiley ) Lol

It was no business of the government to fix petrol prices in the first place.

4 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Ezennaemeka1(m): 11:24am On May 20, 2016
Unizik that just entered ASUU newly went on strike since Wednesday. School premises is so dry
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by ayanfeeledumare: 11:24am On May 20, 2016
Micky14:
It is 100% effective in Ekiti State

It is effective because Fayose went to offices to tell civil servant not to come to work. Where is Dino in the whole of this? Is this the mother of strikes promised?

2 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by templeinyou(m): 11:25am On May 20, 2016
aljharem:

are you minding the zombie

by next week let the issues not be solve and watch pengassan join in

Pls i am just coming out from bank here in kogi now. So banks here are not on strike

3 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by olalat(m): 11:26am On May 20, 2016
Wc state are u pls? I did transactions in banks here in abuja nd nasarawa yesterday. So, tell us where u stay.
kurt09:

3 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by ayanfeeledumare: 11:26am On May 20, 2016
bravekings:
do you no your can work for you while you c concentrate your mind on other things and u get a good returns on your investment. invest your money in rosabon financial service.e.g on the fixed deposit account with a very very attractive return interest rate.deposit the money for the minimum of 90 and 180 days. for more information call Aneke Obinna on 08037309579 or 09052285801 or on my email... o.aneke@rosabon-finance.net

WONDER BANK well done! After you collect money and you can not pay back, u then pack up and close your office

3 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Nobody: 11:27am On May 20, 2016
very ineffective. i wonder. lectures, biz and all going all as usual

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by muyiwah666(m): 11:27am On May 20, 2016
erunz:
I'm speaking from Abeokuta, public schools, banks are not opened for business. Civil servant are also at home
Well I no fit say you dey lie Sha, Because Abeokuta fit be two for Nigeria... Me, I am in Abeokuta the capital town of Ogun State and I just did a transaction inside the SKYE BANK at Kuto, and I am typing this from my office at the FEDERAL SECRETARIAT COMPLEX, secondary schools are in school not to talk of private schools, all petrol stations are opened.... I hate lies!

10 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Rachel01(f): 11:28am On May 20, 2016
Adextaiwo48:
mayb this is the Igbo strike... because here in SW every institution is working and as for Ekiti, which work do they do than queuing for two cups of Fayose rice?
igbo strike?? Some people just don't read simple instructions. Pls don't let me consider you "mentally unfit" anyway, here in Delta state educational activities are on, banks are open only few non- academic staff are off .

1 Like

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by antispexish(m): 11:28am On May 20, 2016
ojtech8291:
Instead of government to get things right, they are looking for a way to deal with the nlc - tuc leaders which will never help them and the country. Whether strike or no strike the rich are not feeling it. It is all round squarely on the hand of the poor. God will help us.

what do you think govt is doing, trying to get it wrong?
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Nobody: 11:33am On May 20, 2016
DropShot:
Which strike?

ineffective? I no de go sch again oooo,they better do something
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by tinsel: 11:34am On May 20, 2016
kurt09:
Are you in london?

1 Like

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by rusher14: 11:34am On May 20, 2016
Micky14:
It is 100% effective in Ekiti State

Ekiti?

Na strike dem dey since 2014 na!

grin

4 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by ehissi(m): 11:35am On May 20, 2016
Banks in Ibadan opened yesterday but closed for business by 12noon. UI is already on strike for other internal sundry issues so the strike sef na Jara for them. UCH wasn't involved on day 1 but they tactically downed tools yesterday.

I am sure by now that the banks will join soon. Most cash point branches of banks in areas like markets and very busy business district may open but it would be at the discretion of area and regional managers.

The strike is slowly picking momentum but overall, its kinda low compared to January 2012

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Hardeysolution(m): 11:39am On May 20, 2016
It is called national strike for heaven sake! Then why are some people defying the strike? That shows that Nigerians believe in the gov't. They understand the reason behind the action. Wabba wants to be called so as to negotiate for money. No work and think say u go get salaries! Wabba get food @ home o and some lazy fools dey home no go work! From Ijebu-Ode, Banks work, Private schools, Traders, Marketters, Petrol Stations, even motorists work. Maybe public schools alone are on strike. Omo, dis no be strike, na intentional leave!
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:41am On May 20, 2016
kurt09:
Banks? So Diamond bank here is on strike while Diamond bank in Lagos Island is working. Bros, remember devil is a liar.

Guy if you are not well informed go and ask before posting all these trash, i withdrew across the counter on Wednesday and also 1 hour ago from Diamond bank Marina Road, Lagos island, all the banks are open, Sterling, Diamond, UBA, 1st Bank, Zenith, all shops are open, schools are open, buses are everywhere, which stupid strike are you guys talking about angry angry sad........ but the Union guys are still trying to stop some companies from operating tho like Coca-Cola Marina, anyways general hospital is open among st others

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Boss Gida Mustapha As MD Of National Inland Waterways Authority / Atiku: Niger-Delta Can Have 100% Of Oil Revenues / Wike: We Have Arrested Killers Of Security Agents In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.