Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates (30326 Views)

Osinbajo, Ngige & Kachikwu Addressing Protesting NLC & TUC Members Today (Photos / Day 2: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / Fuel Hike: NLC-TUC Strike Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by naijaboiy: 12:15pm On May 20, 2016
joy2:
Strike or no strike. fuel price will soon fall and fuel attendants will be begging people to come and buy for as low as 50 naira and this will happen with the next 2 years. Do you Know Why?
1. solar cars are on there way out.
2.alternative to fossil fuel is on the way and demand will fall drastically.
3. people who buy fuel to run there gen. May not need to do that because many more people are getting to know the advatages of using solar in their homes. i installed solar I by house and in the last 15months I have been enjoying uninterupted power supply.
I heard that solar energy is quite expensive though.

How much would it cost to install a solar panel in your house?
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by maziligs(m): 12:16pm On May 20, 2016
Strike ko, Stroke ni .

Who NLC EPP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by jamst2(m): 12:19pm On May 20, 2016
dridowu:
May be in your state . But right here in Lagos, especially Lagos Island down to Ikorodu , everything is moving on smoothly. Schools, Banks, Hospitals, DSTV, MTN, Airtel, Glo e.t.c they are all open and thery are operating effectively far more than before. This has been going on since Friday. So my brother give report base on your area.

Well,lagos state is the home of hypocrisy
You see,am very sure that 80% of these media houses have been bribed to compromise & distort people's views & opinions in order to frustrate this course(protesting the fuel & commodity hike).
I also believe that some influencial personnel in nigeria like; the religious clerics,activists etc have been compromised(via bribery) to keep silent so as to discourage people from joining the nlc protest & many more covert activities of this govt to keep the citizens in deception,suffering & fear.
The nigerian govt is full of corruption from the era of the military regime to civillian regime, their so called hoax/scam/fake subsidy removal keeps going on but nothing to show for the economy...majority of the citizens are living in abject poverty while the so called govt/cabals/elites are feeding fat on our suffering...IT IS NOW OR NEVER...SAY NO TO SUBSIDY REMOVAL HOAX/SCAM.
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by jamst2(m): 12:20pm On May 20, 2016
Huh! This is why we need to stand up & fight 4 our right in this country,this is a fight btw the rich & the poor,the elite & the masses,the good & the bad and the forces of light & the forces of darkness...now is the time! RISE UP GOOD CITIZENS OF NIGERIA
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by prince2015: 12:29pm On May 20, 2016
The most ineffective strike ever.
Here in Rivers Sate there is no strike
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Cjrane2: 12:30pm On May 20, 2016
Movic1:
Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) vowed to continue the strike that started on Wednesday to protest the recent hike in fuel price by the federal government from N86 to N145.

Tell us the current situation in your area/environs.

The NLC should not be intimidated. they will try to use police and army against the people. That is the specialty of the Aso rock tyrant.

3 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by BizLife(m): 12:33pm On May 20, 2016
NLC is engineering a useless and senseless strike.
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by ayanfeeledumare: 12:37pm On May 20, 2016
Cjrane2:

The NLC should not be intimidated. they will try to use police and army against the people. That is the specialty of the Aso rock tyrant.

Just like the last govt did in 2012

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Geeman74(m): 12:37pm On May 20, 2016
Banks are closed in Iwo road Ibadan and nlc is sensitising masses to prepare for more next and you say its ineffective. if it continues like this by Monday you will have a rethink.

2 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by ayanfeeledumare: 12:37pm On May 20, 2016
BizLife:
NLC is engineering a useless and senseless strike.

You can say that again
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Femsyn(m): 12:52pm On May 20, 2016
If a national strike is ineffective in Rivers, Abuja and Lagos, then the strike is as good as dead. Ekiti, Enugu, Ondo Strike is inconsequential.

Again, No strike in Abeokuta!

ASUU strike is different from NLC strike. The fact that universities are closed doesn't mean NLC strike has been a success.

Those that have witnessed a proper NLC strike will agree with me that this is just child's play, in fact, its nothing!

2 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by owanedo: 12:53pm On May 20, 2016
Micky14:
It is 100% effective in Ekiti State
what is the population of Ekiti? what economic activities take place there? we are talking about state you are mentioning Ekiti. come to lagos every body is going about his or her businesses.

2 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by owanedo: 12:57pm On May 20, 2016
Johnsown1:
Guy there is strike in my state Enugu.bank not working and ASSU has joined
Enugu is a civil service state, they depend on govt to feed so they can afford to go on strike.

2 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 20, 2016
Yomboy4ever:

Which pengassan? So because you dey sell 50litres black market for your back yard now makes you a member and spoke person of pengassan. Pengassan ko pensioners ni....

hahhaha.. u kill am grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by marxweller247: 1:02pm On May 20, 2016
I just made some transactions @gtb Agbara, all the banks there are working full time
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by utidic: 1:09pm On May 20, 2016
the strike is serious here in Maiduguri. NLC stopped banks from operating this morning.
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by owanedo: 1:15pm On May 20, 2016
jamst2:
You see,am very sure that 80% of these media houses have been bribed to compromise & distort people's views & opinions in order to frustrate this course(protesting the fuel & commodity hike).
I also believe that some influencial personnel in nigeria like; the religious clerics,activists etc have been compromised(via bribery) to keep silent so as to discourage people from joining the nlc protest & many more covert activities of this govt to keep the citizens in deception,suffering & fear.
no my dear, you are the one is lagging behind here. people are better informed now coupled with the factionalization of NLC body. nobody is bribed. anyway i m at work at the port apapa whalf.

1 Like

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by dannewlife(m): 1:19pm On May 20, 2016
The NLC made a mistake by asking for the RETENTION of subsidy. Many Nigerians prefer the federal government to 'chop' our money than for it to end up in the hands of some individual subsidy cabals ! NLC should be demanding for PALATIVES.

2 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by jamst2(m): 1:20pm On May 20, 2016
owanedo:
no my dear, you are the one is lagging behind here. people are better informed now coupled with the factionalization of NLC body. nobody is bribed. anyway i m at work at the port apapa whalf.
You wrong,there is covert bribery going on to keep some people silent from joining the nlc protest...bubu 's govt is full of corruption
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by owanedo: 1:21pm On May 20, 2016
jamst2:

Well,lagos state is the home of hypocrisy
no, home of enlightened and hard working people. lagosians don't deepend on govt to feed unlike your state.

3 Likes

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by owanedo: 1:26pm On May 20, 2016
jamst2:

You wrong,there is covert bribery going on to keep some people silent from joining the nlc protest...bubu 's govt is full of corruption
well, life is all about choices. you can chose to stay at home while others decide to go and hustle. for govt workers this is another holiday for them. maybe you are one, enjoy your holiday.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by jamst2(m): 1:27pm On May 20, 2016
dannewlife:
The NLC made a mistake by asking for the RETENTION of subsidy. Many Nigerians prefer the federal government to 'chop' our money than for it to end up in the hands of some individual subsidy cabals ! NLC should be demanding for PALATIVES.

PALATIVES ko PALABA ni...Just tell me,what has that done to improve the standard of our economy since this present & past regime
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by jamst2(m): 1:30pm On May 20, 2016
owanedo:
no, home of enlightened and hard working people. lagosians don't deepend on govt to feed unlike your state.
Well,u cant understand my point
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Mbediogu(m): 1:43pm On May 20, 2016
kurt09:
Ineffective? Banks, Public School(university,primary,secondary,poly.), General hospitals etc are on strike.

Even the union of armed robbers and that of prostitutes have indicated their interest to join.
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 20, 2016
NLC Strike Updates Day 3 In Jos, Plateau State, Comrade Gunshin Talks - Politics - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/3117227/nlc-strike-updates-day-3#45801357

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by Bec1: 2:12pm On May 20, 2016
i'm not surprised that NLC is divided.... What do u expect when a member of NLC who becomes a governor in the ruling party is faced with a situation like this. Will He defend the Nigerian People or the Federal Government? How do you expect the strike to be effective when those who are to lead the people in this protest against the increment of petroleum and electricity are not of one voice. The subsidy removal and increment of petroleum will not benefit the ordinary nigerian who struggle to have garri on the table, rather it benefit and enrich those in the seats of government. That is why those in the seat of government will not support this strike. The government levies every nigerian with taxes which have various titles....Very soon, i wont be surprised if the government will bring up reasons to pay for toll gate fee on federal and state roads.... because the federal government intends to remove subsidy on fertilizer ( Agriculture)....
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by djkirkoo2(m): 2:28pm On May 20, 2016
dridowu:
May be in your state . But right here in Lagos, especially Lagos Island down to Ikorodu , everything is moving on smoothly. Schools, Banks, Hospitals, DSTV, MTN, Airtel, Glo e.t.c they are all open and thery are operating effectively far more than before. This has been going on since Friday. So my brother give report base on your area.
All APC supporters are synonymous with lies so make you fire down. No shaking
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by gloryman91: 2:35pm On May 20, 2016
Yeye strike, thank God make I relax for weekend markets and banks still dey opened.
Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by topsam1(m): 2:59pm On May 20, 2016
Geeman74:
Banks are closed in Iwo road Ibadan and nlc is sensitising masses to prepare for more next and you say its ineffective. if it continues like this by Monday you will have a rethink.

Bros wake up.....this one nor be strike, nigerians are divided over the protest, NLC is divided, reps and senat including opposition support FG, Wike even applied no work no pay in river state....any strike that does not ground economy is no strike....lest i forget, did you watch channels tv this morning? NLC vice president said they (NLC) are still opened to negotiation of which they walked out from initially. Dey dey protest cos of their pocket and not because of you

I remember vividly, the 2012 protest wasnt started by NLC, and they hijacked it and compromised the whole exercise...that is why people no longer have trust in them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates by topsam1(m): 3:02pm On May 20, 2016
djkirkoo2:

Oga...counter wetin im talk with proof and not all this rubbish wey u dey write for here. Come to lagos..everyone is at work...and mind you if you post this non sense again...i go remove you from here... grin
djkirkoo2:

Oga...counter wetin im talk with proof and not all this rubbish wey u dey write for here. Come to lagos..everyone is at work...and mind you if you post this non sense again...i go remove you from here...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims / Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga / Buhari Appoints Boss Gida Mustapha As MD Of National Inland Waterways Authority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.