Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,765 members, 7,844,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? (42162 Views)

PDP Will Defeat Buhari Or Any APC Presidential Candidate In 2019 - Markarfi / 2019: PDP Won’t Need Campaign To Defeat Buhari – Babangida Aliyu / El-Rufai Dismisses Atiku's Defection: "No Northern Politician Can Defeat Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Hermanie(m): 6:14pm On May 22, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
even this first year of pmb that is assume to be a worst year is stil better than 6yrs of free flow of corruption under ineffectual buffoon, even if election holds today, nobody can stand pmb

Zombie

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by everozone: 6:21pm On May 22, 2016
If PDP leaders put their acts together they will eject Buhari from Aso Rock come 2019.By 2019 by the grace of God those who assert that PDP is dead will bury their heads in shame when the tide turns against APC.PeeeeeDeeeePeeeee 'change the change'.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 22, 2016
bettercreature:
Like the popularity of GEJ droped in the SS/SE abi?You better forget it if Buhari kill all of us today he'd still win 2019 election beside to be Nigerias president you must have the support of the northern and south western people
Those SS/SE have never have a say in Nigerias politics and it will always be so as they were exposed during the 2015 election when they gave 95% of their vote to GEJ,no election can ever be worse than that
with the way things are going,if pdp can organise themself,rebrand d party,we d west would vote baba out,even in 2015 election,despite the south west support for baba he only had 55,with his performance if he continues,his support would drop.u know the south west are not to tribalistic in politics.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 22, 2016
bettercreature:
Like the popularity of GEJ droped in the SS/SE abi?You better forget it if Buhari kill all of us today he'd still win 2019 election beside to be Nigerias president you must have the support of the northern and south western people
Those SS/SE have never have a say in Nigerias politics and it will always be so as they were exposed during the 2015 election when they gave 95% of their vote to GEJ,no election can ever be worse than that
with the way things are going,if pdp can organise themself,rebrand d party,we d west would vote baba out,even in 2015 election,despite the south west support for baba he only had 55,with his performance if he continues,his support would drop.u know the south west are not to tribalistic in politics
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Tokety7: 6:31pm On May 22, 2016
wordychap:

One yr down d line buhari has lost many supporters, give him one more yr of blunder n c his popularity poll plummet.

Pending when u have a name, a serious name that can match the worst of Buhari, we will compare notes. Till then u are just beating the air.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Poweredbreww: 6:32pm On May 22, 2016
malton:

Drop the "Yoruba" and "great" in your moniker. You're embarrassing a revered tribe to which you sure as hell don't belong.

That should leave you with only "s", letter which to the best of my online knowledge of you, should mean "simpleton".

Better fit for your conduct!

Buhahaha Technical Knockout.

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Omotaday(m): 6:32pm On May 22, 2016
Ontarget:

You opinion is very faulty. You MUST NOT have the support of SW or North to be President. During the 2011 election GEJ won by winning the south and middle belt. The North voted for Buhari and they lost. If the SE/SS side with the North and support a candidate against the SW of course the SW vote wouldn't count. It all depends on the regional aliance.
The problem is that SE/SS cannot form any alliance with the core north. It is either SE/SS + a bit of NC VS North, or SE/SS + a bit of SW + a bit of NC vs North.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by idros4real: 6:45pm On May 22, 2016
talktonase:
Every analysis is based on the survival of our political system.If PDP fixes there house in order,the zoning formular will be considered and a candidate from the north central will be pitched.Only Jerry Gana And David Mark are the most viable candidates from the north central.PMB cant survive 2019 age and health is enough to step him aside.Your 2yr must be either a prophetess or she is naturally intelligent.

Lol do you think all these people you mentioned can stand the thunderstorm of PMB in the north. See am a northerner but let me tell you PDP always rigged north but thanks for the introduction of PVC by JEGA. However only SW do vote wisely but North, SE and SS are tribal or religious sentiment. 2015 election says it all.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Wildngent: 6:49pm On May 22, 2016
bejeiodus:
The PDP has won more elections than any other party since the conduct of the 2015 general elections. So, when did the party become a dreadful thing to the average Nigerian?
It is too early to jump into hasty conclusions and write off the PDP. Twenty four hours is a long time in politics not to talk of three years.
Mistakes have been made in the past and they are about to be rightly corrected.
The South-South and the South-East remain an impenetrable fortress for the PDP. They will always vote the PDP even if they wear a veil.

Anything that gets in Kwankwaso into the PDP's fold, they are on track to get back power. You are spot on

1 Like

Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Safemode(m): 6:54pm On May 22, 2016
Ontarget:
I guess its too early to talk about 2019. But if things continue like this then Buhari will be a very vulnerable incumbent president facibut I think the most ideal opposition candidate that will give APC a fatal defeat punch will be a Northerner who is a liberal Muslim, very educated, intelligent and articulate.
Southerners are attracted to educated, intelligent and eloquent people. Religion doesn't really matter when someone has these attributes, and being a liberal Muslim is a bonus. The northerners due to the mass illiteracy there are only enticed by tribal identity and religion. All they will want to hear is "Northerner" and "Muslim" and their votes are secured.
If the opposition comes up with a candidate with those combination of features I don't think APC will stand a chance even if they rig.
Ur conclusion is what I hate to hear.
its time to genuinely test the might of the whole south with south west against the north.
how can they be the only one producing most prwsidents in Nigeria.
zoning is still d best idea
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Wildngent: 6:55pm On May 22, 2016
banjo022:
PDP should woo Sen. Rabiu Kwankwaso back to the party. They should give Sen. Ike Eweremadu d VP ticket. Trust me PDP will win Kano and Kaduna. SS n SE are work over.
Simple
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by idros4real: 6:59pm On May 22, 2016
Ontarget:
I guess its too early to talk about 2019. But if things continue like this then Buhari will be a very vulnerable incumbent president facing reelection. The opposition party will be stupid if they don't snatch victory in 2019. If things never changed till 2019 a southerner can very much likely defeat Buhari, but I think the most ideal opposition candidate that will give APC a fatal defeat punch will be a Northerner who is a liberal Muslim, very educated, intelligent and articulate.
Southerners are attracted to educated, intelligent and eloquent people. Religion doesn't really matter when someone has these attributes, and being a liberal Muslim is a bonus. The northerners due to the mass illiteracy there are only enticed by tribal identity and religion. All they will want to hear is "Northerner" and "Muslim" and their votes are secured.
If the opposition comes up with a candidate with those combination of features I don't think APC will stand a chance even if they rig.

The northerners due to the mass illiteracy there are only enticed by tribal identity and religion. All they will want to hear is "Northerner" and "Muslim" and their votes are secured. This part was what annoyed and OP you are a tribal or religion bigot. So SE and SS don't go with the bold I quoted earlier, let's call a spade a spade only SW do vote wisely in Nigeria both SS, SE and North are religion or tribal sentiment when it come to election. Even when Obj contested for president in 1999 they did not vote for him.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by madridsta007(m): 7:12pm On May 22, 2016
Ontarget:
I guess its too early to talk about 2019. But if things continue like this then Buhari will be a very vulnerable incumbent president facing reelection. The opposition party will be stupid if they don't snatch victory in 2019. If things never changed till 2019 a southerner can very much likely defeat Buhari, but I think the most ideal opposition candidate that will give APC a fatal defeat punch will be a Northerner who is a liberal Muslim, very educated, intelligent and articulate.

lol... Did you just say, "Southerners are attracted to educated, intelligent and eloquent people."?

And the Southwesterner trooped to campaign and vote for a Buhari who, within their hearts, know he is neither educated, nor intelligent nor eloquent?

lol.

Please rephrase that to "the South East/ South-South are attracted to educated, intelligent and eloquent people."
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by talktonase(m): 7:21pm On May 22, 2016
OneManLegion:

"Nascent democracy".

For someone from little Benin republic, you sure sound pompous.
If your political system does not survive then i guess a balcanization of your country is eminent...south and northern sudan on my mind...
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by NovusHomo(m): 7:26pm On May 22, 2016
talktonase:
Every analysis is based on the survival of our political system.If PDP fixes there house in order,the zoning formular will be considered and a candidate from the north central will be pitched.Only Jerry Gana And David Mark are the most viable candidates from the north central.PMB cant survive 2019 age and health is enough to step him aside.Your 2yr must be either a prophetess or she is naturally intelligent.

What about Buruji Kashamu (El Chapo)? By the way, the South East has had its own chance...Olusegun Obasanjo, son of a late Obi of Onitcha Runs out of thread. grin
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by talktonase(m): 7:32pm On May 22, 2016
NovusHomo:

What about Buruji Kashamu (El Chapo) Runs out of thread. grin
e good as u run.pls dont com back.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by talktonase(m): 7:36pm On May 22, 2016
idros4real:

Lol do you think all these people you mentioned can stand the thunderstorm of PMB in the north. See am a northerner but let me tell you PDP always rigged north but thanks for the introduction of PVC by JEGA. However only SW do vote wisely but North, SE and SS are tribal or religious sentiment. 2015 election says it all.
PMB is a worn out charger...even my car bateery cant resusitate him in 2019.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 22, 2016
madridsta007:

lol... Did you just say, "Southerners are attracted to educated, intelligent and eloquent people."?

And the Southwesterner trooped to campaign and vote for a Buhari who, within their hearts, know he is neither educated, nor intelligent nor eloquent?

lol.

Please rephrase that to "the South East/ South-South are attracted to educated, intelligent and eloquent people."
It was desperation that caused it. People were fed up with Jonathan. And besides Buhari sold his anti corruption credentials to us which we swallowed because Nigerians were looking for a clean up in the system. But considering the present situation and if it continues till 2019, a polished candidate from the north will be a huge sell to the south.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Oneprodigy(m): 7:47pm On May 22, 2016
chaiks:
The yorubas are the most educated tribe. They always play the game of politics well and when it favors them, people I'll start calling them saboteurs. Now for buhari to be defeated, the opposition needs to file out ribadu. He is a progressive who I'll mk sure money were spent for wat they were meant for. He is educated and can command votes from few northern States, enlightened yorubas and ss and se. But the opposition will not hear. They I'll say he is a child n I'll bring people ladened with corruption to contest thinking Nigerians still think like in d past.

People have not realized that the dynamics have changed. Where will you get the money to rig elections come 2019. By 2019, baba would have finished blocking everywhere. He gonna spend the 8 years finish. By the time he is done pple will even ask for another term. The budget would be fully implemented. At least 80 percent year in year out.

The change would be soo clear even the blind would see it.

Book this space. As for opposition.maybe Kowa or some party that hasnt been created for now. PDP Forget it.

The recent attempted NLC strike is an indication.it didnt even see the light of day. That is for pms at 145 o..now lets implement d budget.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 22, 2016
idros4real:

The northerners due to the mass illiteracy there are only enticed by tribal identity and religion. All they will want to hear is "Northerner" and "Muslim" and their votes are secured. This part was what annoyed and OP you are a tribal or religion bigot. So SE and SS don't go with the bold I quoted earlier, let's call a spade a spade only SW do vote wisely in Nigeria both SS, SE and North are religion or tribal sentiment when it come to election. Even when Obj contested for president in 1999 they did not vote for him.
Of course the SE, SW and SS are tribal bigots too. But when presented with an ideal choice they wouldn't mind voting for him regardless of tribe and religion. But you know the average Street Northerner with his islamic supremacist ideas and their domineering attitude, it would be more difficult to sell a southern christian candidate to them.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 22, 2016
Safemode:

Ur conclusion is what I hate to hear.
its time to genuinely test the might of the whole south with south west against the north.
how can they be the only one producing most prwsidents in Nigeria.
zoning is still d best idea
Of course I understand southerners should take a shot too. I was only depicting the type of opposition candidate who will deliver a serious knockout punch to Buhari at the polls.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Oneprodigy(m): 8:04pm On May 22, 2016
Kennydoc:

Please take note of these facts:

Buhari won the last election with only 2.7 million votes.

Jonathan lost a lot of votes from the SE (in 2015 relative to 2011) because of low voters' registration, and poor voters' turn out on election day. I'm not saying he would have won if the turn out in the SE was maximal.
Also, hope you remember that it took Ọhaneze a lot of time to adopt Jonathan. They agreed he failed Igbos, but only adopted him finally because Buhari was a worse option for Igbos.

Four of the North Central states voted for Buhari in 2015, compared to 2011 when they all voted for Jonathan. Buhari won with a greater margin in the NC than in the SW because his margin of win in the SW which was approximately 612k is less than the 678k with which he won in only Niger and Kwara combined.

Finally, South west only gave Buhari about 57% of their votes (2.4 million votes) while Jonathan had 43% (1.8 million). The total SW votes for Buhari is just a little more than the votes Kano alone gave him.
I pointed this out for you and others to stop bragging how SW will always determine the swing of election results. Even if you guys had given Jonathan an additional 1 million vote, altogether making it 2.8 million votes (ie 67% of your total votes), Buhari would have still won. It's to let you know how not-too-significant the SW contribution to Buhari's victory was.

Not forgetting to add that GEJ was incumbent. He had all the resources of state. All he could manage was a loss.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by CioAngels(f): 8:05pm On May 22, 2016
talktonase:
David Mark
Ha, david mark ke, he will seize and refuse breath of Air against the Poor people of Nigeria. Just like he refused the poor from owning telephone while he was comminication minister. Thanks to rigging, david mark would not have held any position in this country. Mr panama papers.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by OBAGADAFFI: 8:09pm On May 22, 2016
If you want to win election in Nigeria, go for the SW and NC.
SW and NC are the only swing vote regions in Nigeria.

SW and NC did it for GEJ first term and also Buhari.

But SE, NE,NW,SA will always produce Block votes.

That Block vote failed SE and SS during the last election.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Oneprodigy(m): 8:11pm On May 22, 2016
jidejide2:
Am a south/western but am sorry to say we are cowards and we can't do more than a dead rat... south east is clamouring for their own, Northerns too is doing their own and south south too is doing their own we just kept our dirty useless mouth shot and our leaders fasheun and Co is spending our money directing us any how and we too is following... am sorry oooo

I disagree. Fasheun and Co are not spending my own money. Maybe you are giving them your own money. And who is following Faseun..lol. Yoruba people vote with sense. Strategically.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 22, 2016
IbnIslam:
nonsense post. And wat do u mean by a liberal Muslim? Am sure u voted Jonathan not because he's competent but because he's a xtian and possibly from ur region. Pls grow beyond this sentiment and foolishness u are displaying. Was actually hoping to c u give some intellectual analysis and not this poo.
Why are you offended by the phrase "liberal Muslim"? Only an extremist Muslim will be offended to hear that. For your information I supported Buhari during the election. And all I am saying is if things continue like it is then the above stated type of an opposition candidate will be capable of defeating president Buhari. So what's your problem?
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 22, 2016
Jexyme:

Stupid* write up from alcohol filled belly.
Check ur write up well when u are off ur drunkard mind and hangover u will see a lot of "subjected terms"..............must everyboody write??

Buffon$$$$$
Why didn't you state the issue you had with the post so we take it from there? I stated the truth of the matter after considering the thoughts and mindset of the average Nigerian.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by OneManLegion(m): 8:24pm On May 22, 2016
talktonase:
If your political system does not survive then i guess a balcanization of your country is eminent...south and northern sudan on my mind...

Don't worry, Nigeria will prove you wrong.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by bilazego(m): 8:26pm On May 22, 2016
erinalex:
where were ur brothers when yar'adua in death wanted to continue in power? Answer d question 1st. Your tribe have NO principle. All they know is AGIP. Any Government In Power.

Beef! need I remind you that Jonathan took over the day yar'adua died, just after few hours. I guess you need some of the imported grasses from Brazil so that you can feed on and reason properly. by the way there are no more federal government owned companies for your brothers and their masters up north to run down.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by OBAGADAFFI: 8:34pm On May 22, 2016
Kennydoc:

Please take note of these facts:

Buhari won the last election with only 2.7 million votes.

Jonathan lost a lot of votes from the SE (in 2015 relative to 2011) because of low voters' registration, and poor voters' turn out on election day. I'm not saying he would have won if the turn out in the SE was maximal.
Also, hope you remember that it took Ọhaneze a lot of time to adopt Jonathan. They agreed he failed Igbos, but only adopted him finally because Buhari was a worse option for Igbos.

Four of the North Central states voted for Buhari in 2015, compared to 2011 when they all voted for Jonathan. Buhari won with a greater margin in the NC than in the SW because his margin of win in the SW which was approximately 612k is less than the 678k with which he won in only Niger and Kwara combined.

Finally, South west only gave Buhari about 57% of their votes (2.4 million votes) while Jonathan had 43% (1.8 million). The total SW votes for Buhari is just a little more than the votes Kano alone gave him.
I pointed this out for you and others to stop bragging how SW will always determine the swing of election results. Even if you guys had given Jonathan an additional 1 million vote, altogether making it 2.8 million votes (ie 67% of your total votes), Buhari would have still won. It's to let you know how not-too-significant the SW contribution to Buhari's victory was.

25% in each of 2/3 States + Majority is required by the constitution .

Buhari got 21 states
GEJ got 15 states

If the Six SW states had voted GEJ the story will be different today.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by caracas: 8:44pm On May 22, 2016
bettercreature:
Its either u are one of those Millenium sagging kids or Just a sheerlly dumb dullard.
So i reccomend that u go n read history of nigerian elections n Tell me one single president apart from Your fellow dullardinhooo,that the ss n se did not vote in.
In retrospect this is the first time apart from abiola that the vote of the sw wud count in Nigéria.
From zik to shagari, to obasanjo to yaradua to gej.
Re: Who Can Defeat Buhari In 2019? by Kennydoc(m): 8:53pm On May 22, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

25% in each of 2/3 States + Majority is required by the constitution .

Buhari got 21 states
GEJ got 15 states

If the Six SW states had voted GEJ the story will be different today.

25% in ⅔ of the states is not the same as a win in ⅔ of the states. For example, Buhari lost in Ekiti state, but was still able to get 40% of the votes cast in the state.
Hope you are aware that Jonathan also got 25% votes in all SW states.
The SW could have still voted for GEJ and yet Buhari would get his 25% in ⅔ states intact.

Kai, you're not saying the truth. Both Buhari and Jonathan got 25% votes in ⅔ of the states + FCT (which is at least 24 states). Buhari won Jonathan only on simple majority.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Atiku Returns To Nigeria, No Assurances Of Entering US Without Being Arrested / Buhari Receives Gowon At The State House (Pictures) / Appeal Court Sacks Abubakar Tambuwal, Aliyu Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.