Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair (41914 Views)

Why Do Women Flaunt Their Stretch Marks Via Sleeveless Tops? / Why Do Women Suffer With High Heel Shoes. These Are Scary And Crazy / What Do Women Gain By Exposing Their Bodies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by Nobody: 3:00am On Apr 19, 2007
my hair is natural too.
I bought it from a regular and natural store.
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by Sista(f): 3:01am On Apr 19, 2007
meanwhile Nkechi means "God's own"
and Ngozika means "blessings are the greatest"

Am I getting on your nerves already? cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by Ndipe(m): 3:02am On Apr 19, 2007
@Babyosis, you are contradicting yourself, if you purchased hair at a store, then it is NOT natural.
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by omogenaija(f): 3:02am On Apr 19, 2007
i cant speak for everyone but like my older sister once said

"when guys think of hot girls they think beyonce not india arie"

and i hate the way my head feels when its nappy
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by 4Play(m): 3:03am On Apr 19, 2007
Just check out the rubbish these people are discussing   sad
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by Nobody: 3:03am On Apr 19, 2007
how sista.
You asked what Nkechi meant no be so?

Oh I see,you don't like God.
Ok,we have other Igbo names with deeprooted nongodly meanings,lol
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by Sista(f): 3:04am On Apr 19, 2007
i can't speak for everyone but like my older sister once said

"when guys think of hot girls they think beyonce not india arie"

and i hate the way my head feels when its nappy

That's really sad.
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by omoge(f): 3:05am On Apr 19, 2007
lol 4play is here lol

oh yeah we are talking of HAIR the crown of a woman.

na fake hair men dey first see sha before our pretty face. that's why they look at beyounce and not arie, Ndipe and 4play make una talk true jare.  grin
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by WesleyanA(f): 3:05am On Apr 19, 2007
omoge:

I saw a Senegalese lady and she gave me a price for doing twist. it range between 250-300 dollars, is this price right?

sisters here, what do you think oo?

Sistah will contact you soon, thanks.

woah!!! shocked shocked shocked
is it an established salon? the one with the helpers and all that?

you can avoid large/ established salons unless you personally know/ are friends w/ the people
or look for hairdressers who have day jobs/ another job. they tend to charge a whole lot lesser.
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 19, 2007
Ndipe:

@Babyosis, you are contradicting yourself, if you purchased hair at a store, then it is NOT natural.

'How?
They were sold by natural Koreans and transplanted by a natural haidresser.
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by omogenaija(f): 3:07am On Apr 19, 2007
babyosisi
i dont know u but i like ur thinkin , keep on telling them cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by WesleyanA(f): 3:07am On Apr 19, 2007
Ndipe:

you're a guy it's ok if you don't get the joke tongue

they sell natural hair at the store. (they last longer than the artificial ones but are expensive)
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by Sista(f): 3:08am On Apr 19, 2007
how sista.
You asked what Nkechi meant no be so?

Yes be so. wink

Oh I see,you don't like God.
Ok,we have other Igbo names with deeprooted nongodly meanings,lol

Real funny Babiossi, real funny.

You know what? I just finished up reading some of the old topics you me, 925 and Drusilla contributed to, they sure are funny. I am sitting in my house all alone laughing out loud at those topics.

By the way, I like Nkechi, and I also like God wink I see why I chose that name even though they both have nice meanings which could have referred to me and who I am.
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by Sista(f): 3:11am On Apr 19, 2007
na fake hair men dey first see sha before our pretty face. that's why they look at beyounce and not arie, Ndipe and 4play make una talk true jare. Grin

I bet Indie Arie has better sense and is way more intelligent than Beyonce could ever be.
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by omoge(f): 3:11am On Apr 19, 2007
@ Wes,

ha nooooo, someone showed me the place and it's her house o. the other one again from senegal with a salon also gave me same price. well i run lol, she called me i told her am looking for something less, she never called back, lol
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by Sista(f): 3:13am On Apr 19, 2007
Has anyone ever met an intelligent, smart, sweet and good looking woman who constantly wears a weave or relaxes her hair?

If so, was she a much older woman?
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by WesleyanA(f): 3:14am On Apr 19, 2007
lol.
i guess you shoud stick to the nigerian salons then? they're cheap to be honest.
some of them know the styles too. esp. the fat twists. they're really popular now.
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by Sista(f): 3:14am On Apr 19, 2007
ha nooooo, someone showed me the place and it's her house o. the other one again from senegal with a salon also gave me same price. well i run lol, she called me i told her am looking for something less, she never called back, lol

She must have realized you weren't some fool.
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by omogenaija(f): 3:15am On Apr 19, 2007
sista thats probably true ,  but idk
anyways we r talkin looks here and both a different in their own ways

@ topic women/girls put whatever and do what they r confortable with to their hair ,  and beauty is in the eye of the beholder

i love weave and relaxer and i'm comfortable with it
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by Sista(f): 3:20am On Apr 19, 2007
sista thats probably true , but idk
anyways we r talkin looks here and both a different in their own ways

Hey, I hear you but when you say you don't like the way your own hair feels, and then say next that people see Beyonce as more attractive than Indie Irie, to me that is a sad thing and it is symbolic to self hate. You can get mad all you want but you stated your opinion and I stated mine.

Again, the way that you feel about your hair is a sad thing. I guess you might be the type to agree with Mr. Imus. wink
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by omogenaija(f): 3:23am On Apr 19, 2007
sista i aint mad  cheesy
i gave my opinion and u gave urs which i respect

i was just saying how i feel

and i hate my hair when its nappy b/c it gets to thick and heavy ,  i prefer it straight and easy to comb
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by Sista(f): 3:26am On Apr 19, 2007
Well, I'm sorry that you hate your hair because it is nappy, to thick and heavy.

You do know that people are paying for that kind of hair in the beauty stores, don't you? Why don't you just cut it off and sell it, at least you could make a profit.

I bet your hair is not as bad as you claim.
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by WesleyanA(f): 3:28am On Apr 19, 2007
it's easier for more mature women to be natural when peer pressure is reduced etc
i think it's harder when your a teenager.
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by omoge(f): 3:31am On Apr 19, 2007
also the price is killing that's why pple like me just cut it and let it be till i get money grin will go for braids
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by omogenaija(f): 3:32am On Apr 19, 2007
@ sisimose r u on yahoo so i can send u a pic of my hair ?

@ wes
i think its more of the individual when it comes to hair , most of friends that around my age r scared of relaxers not to even mention weaves , while the older ones use weave specially to do single braids
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by Sista(f): 3:42am On Apr 19, 2007
it's easier for more mature women to be natural when peer pressure is reduced etc
i think it's harder when your a teenager.

This is so true WesleyanA Only thing is this, the ones who mature and realize natural is better, they only come to that realization after they have damaged their hair to the point where it won't bother to grow and is practically balding.

Then, there are the young ones who see how people have literally lost their hair from poising it with chemicals and pulling it out with weave glues, they are frightened to ever have to experience such a thing, loss of hair that is. So, they don't bother to put chemicals nor glue in their hair.
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by Nobody: 3:50am On Apr 19, 2007
Kai, see what Don Imus has caused! shocked Promoted nappy hair hating.

Just put a clipper through the hair and leave it low if you dont like it.

Buying "natural" hair. grin na wa o.
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by omogenaija(f): 3:52am On Apr 19, 2007
david na u sabi tongue
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by spoilt(f): 3:52am On Apr 19, 2007
Sista:

I bet Indie Arie has better sense and is way more intelligent than Beyonce could ever be.

what do guys care? the false, lush, wavy, hair (preferably blond) intrigues them!
with nappy hair they think you're ghetto. the cheek of it.
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by omogenaija(f): 3:54am On Apr 19, 2007
@ spolit

i dont know how to put this , i dont want to seem rude but can u please explain wat u just said , i dont understand embarassed
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by spoilt(f): 3:57am On Apr 19, 2007
@ omogenaija
i just mean to say that guys dont care about how smart you are. as long as you have long beautiful straight hair they are okay.
Re: Why Do Women Of African Descent Relax/perm Their Beautiful Hair by omogenaija(f): 3:59am On Apr 19, 2007
o ok ,
its sad that some guys think that way

r u a relaxer user or weave wearer ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Face scrub /glow body bath (darkspots/acne/cellulite/dark knuck/unevenskintone) / Make-up Artist Chidinma Ezenwelu Converts Herself To A Guy - Pictures / Stephanie Nkechinyere Chukwuemeka Wins 2022 Miss Port Harcourt City Pageant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.