Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,297 members, 7,846,337 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb (836 Views)

Top Ten Reasons Why Girls Want Tall Guys / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: Why Single Men Are Shamed But Single Women Are Praised. / At 27 Stil Single,is It Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by SunehriLasgidi(f): 9:07pm On May 24, 2016
This was meant to be titled: “why you do not need a bae”. But, something about the word “bae” seems … puny and trivial. How easily it forms on everyone’s lips! We have abused it and the word is no longer fashionable. “Bae” has taken away the Gravity of Love!

What is “bae”? It rhymes with “play”; almost making it synonymous with “play”. Love is not child’s play. It is a grave matter of the heart.

Conversely, “lover” means business. It’s like you’re saying, “you are not a ‘bae’. You’re not a baby. You are a lover. And that means you are emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually, and financially ready to be in a relationship with me.”

Well, guess what? You don’t need a lover. You want one. You don’t need to feel bad when you are loverless. There are benefits of being single. Let’s examine ten of them:
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by SunehriLasgidi(f): 9:09pm On May 24, 2016
1. Less drama

This is explicit enough. No lover, no drama. Some people thrive on drama. If you are a dramaphobe you might as well enjoy being single because no one gets drama queen-y on you.

2. Mo’ money

Singleness means no dates, no lengthy calls, and no prezzies/gifts. You get to make better use of your money. You don’t have to go to any fancy restaurant that doesn’t have tasty food. Have you ever wondered why people go to fancy restaurants that sell tasteless food? It might be that people aren’t really eating the food. They are actually eating the ego. They want to feel like they have the money that they might not even have. Cher Dieu, the things we do for appearances and validation!

3. Self-exploration

Not having a lover can make you discover yourself. You wouldn’t have to meditate on the nuances in anyone’s eye colour. You won’t spend time remembering how their lips twitch at the sides when a laugh is about to escape from their lips. You won’t disturb yourself thinking about how they said what they said. You won’t read meaning into anything. All that time and energy will be spent on you! You, my dear, will be learning about yourself. Like the Greek aphorism says, “know thyself”. It’s amusing how humans have the impulse to know about everything except themselves.

4. More “you time”

One of the major benefits of being single is that you have more time for yourself. All the seconds you could have spent with a lover, you spend it alone and “recharge your batteries”. You get more introspective and contemplative. Being alone doesn’t mean you are lonely. You could be in a room with hundred people and you’d still be lonely because… nothing in common. “Alone” = “all” + “one”… You are all, whole, complete when you are one. Like Jill Scott sang, “one is the magic number.” Don’t go looking for a lover without building yourself first.

READ MORE ON http://www.thefemmemedia.com/girl-power/why-you-do-not-need-a-lover/

1 Like

Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 24, 2016
Noted
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by JBismarck(m): 9:10pm On May 24, 2016
I kak here dey wait for you to finish up
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by Cutehector(m): 9:12pm On May 24, 2016
I don't like this thread... angry
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by firstking01(m): 9:16pm On May 24, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
Noted
You just dey chop ftcs anyhowundecided....abi you dey use jujugrin...before them drop any thread you don already commentgrin

1 Like

Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 24, 2016
firstking01:
You just dey chop ftcs anyhowundecided....you dey use jujugrin...before the them drop any thread you don already commentgrin
hehehehehe na 4G o grin cheesy grin
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by firstking01(m): 9:19pm On May 24, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
hehehehehe na 4G o grin cheesy grin
Shearam into 2, give me 2Gsad
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 24, 2016
firstking01:
Shearam into 2, give me 2Gsad
make e for dey crawl like snail? Tanku feri feri mushhhh
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by ritzybaby(f): 9:24pm On May 24, 2016
undecided undecided Jbnz@xczs dsf fdrtg.,@misc mf nbghmnmnfb n hjuddc ghgl.k,jcxcx rfyfgl.k,jcccx hygrf
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by halfricanadian(f): 9:26pm On May 24, 2016
Single and happy
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by firstking01(m): 9:26pm On May 24, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
make e for dey crawl like snail? Tanku feri feri mushhhh
Chaigrin, you be akagumgrin
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by halfricanadian(f): 9:28pm On May 24, 2016
Single and happy.
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 24, 2016
firstking01:
Chaigrin, you be akagumgrin
make e for no dey insufficient for both of us, go get your own 4G from etisalat cheesy tongue tongue
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by UrWorstNitemare: 9:52pm On May 24, 2016
undecided
THE WAY I'M TAKINTHIS SHIIIT...

Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by iPrevail(m): 9:53pm On May 24, 2016
OP.. You're smart, and I appreciate that. Your post is on point!

1 Like

Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by iPrevail(m): 9:56pm On May 24, 2016
halfricanadian:
Single and happy.

You are a confused entity. Don't ask me how.
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by halfricanadian(f): 10:09pm On May 24, 2016
iPrevail:

You are a confused entity. Don't ask me how.

sad sad must u tell me wat i kno already
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by iPrevail(m): 10:15pm On May 24, 2016
halfricanadian:

sad sad must u tell me wat i kno already

angry angry
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by halfricanadian(f): 10:16pm On May 24, 2016
iPrevail:

angry angry

grin grin grin grin

Smile joor
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by iPrevail(m): 10:21pm On May 24, 2016
halfricanadian:

grin grin grin grin

Smile joor

You take things lightly. It's cute undecided ...but at same time absurd sad
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by halfricanadian(f): 10:24pm On May 24, 2016
iPrevail:

You take things lightly. It's cute undecided ...but at same time absurd sad

tongue tongue dats ow we roll baby
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by omooba969(m): 11:43pm On May 24, 2016
You can be dating & not be in a relationship.

You can be married & not be in a marriage because the essence of relationship or marriage is absent.

Being single often affords you the luxury of expressing your true self because there's no one to impress & there's no one to influence you.

I am often compelled to believe that relationship is cool & marriage is equally good but they often appear to be PURE SCAM!
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by Charles4075(m): 12:09am On May 25, 2016
ritzybaby:
undecided undecided Jbnz@xczs dsf fdrtg.,@misc mf nbghmnmnfb n hjuddc ghgl.k,jcxcx rfyfgl.k,jcccx hygrf
Oga, wetin be this na
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by Slimshady11: 1:50am On May 25, 2016
Charles4075:
Oga, wetin be this na
guy leave am,na 4 dream him d comment from
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by Nobody: 1:52am On May 25, 2016
Well, in as much those things up there are true, it won't make any sense to a person who feels he/she needs a lover...someone craving for a vacuum to be filled up.

At the end of the day, they'd only remember those benefits as a form of consolation. No more than that.
Re: Loverless? Ten Reasons Why Single is Superb by SunehriLasgidi(f): 7:07am On May 25, 2016
True. You have a point there.
Oliviaarims:
Well, in as much those things up there are true, it won't make any sense to a person who feels he/she needs a lover...someone craving for a vacuum to be filled up.

At the end of ten day, they'd only remember those benefits as a form of consolation. No more than that.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Attention Seun, Lalasticlala, Dominique, Dygeasy And Wristbangle. / Qestion Of The Day: What Will You Do? / WOW!!! You Won’t Believe What This Popular Nigerian Actor Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.