Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? (26869 Views)

Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by princely74: 7:55am On May 26, 2016
Mills & Boon
James Hardley Chase cheesy
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 7:56am On May 26, 2016
tjfulloption:
John Grisham: The Testament
James Hardly Chase: you are dead without money, the world in my pocket, the vulture is a patience bird
The Vulture Is A Patient Bird is one of the worst book I have ever read.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by eyekaynoble: 7:57am On May 26, 2016
Drefan2:

I happen to read one of James Hardley Chase's books and I was anything but terribly disappointed. Boredom almost nagged me to death. After all the tiresome sermons preaching his hype, there was nothing to make valid the praises.
Disappointed? Try 'want 2 stay alive' or 'do me a favour, drop dead' or 'well now, my pretty' or 'i'm holding d 4 aces' etc, all by JHC. They'll change ur 4mer verdict.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by alorax2(f): 7:58am On May 26, 2016
[quote author=LastMumu post=45974840] Stephen King - The Stand

Stephen king d horror master, am yet to forget his pet cemetary. Well I have alot of favourite books by my favourite authors, so make I do small list . Mills n boon historical, chinua achene, elechI amadi even that woman that wrote effuru, etc, then to James hardly chase, Nora Roberts, sidny Shelton, Jackie Collins, Jeffrey archer, dan brown, Daniele Steele, John Grisham, Harold Robbins and d list goes on. For each authors I have a favourite book, like John grisham my favourite book from him is A TIME TO KILL

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by tens4real(m): 8:00am On May 26, 2016
please can someone send me some Dan Brown books via my email please @proftens4real99@gmail.com
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by alorax2(f): 8:01am On May 26, 2016
eyekaynoble:
Disappointed? Try 'want 2 stay alive' or 'do me a favour, drop dead' or 'well now, my pretty' or 'i'm holding d 4 aces' etc, all by JHC. They'll change ur 4mer verdict.

abi o,, or he should read one bright summer morning, come easy go easy, tiger by d tail, you find him ill fix him or knock knoc, whose there

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Bash399(m): 8:01am On May 26, 2016
Abatsam111:
Hi guys,I was wondering what the best novel you ever read is..For me
it has to be Robert Ludlum's MATARESE CYCLE. A blockbuster that
kept me on the edge of my seat all through! Its been over many years
but still feels like yesterday. Classic!
anything from AWS (African Writers Series) and of course Robert Mason.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by godwinony(m): 8:01am On May 26, 2016
Lord of the rings( fellowship of the ring)
Jungle book
Trunk music
And lots more, used to have loads of novels ..
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by oostin: 8:01am On May 26, 2016
Sparrow13:
Animal Farm

and

Things Fall Apart
They not asking for the favorite novel you read in school o!
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by stzy(m): 8:01am On May 26, 2016
I would say tales out of school and more tales out of school but then Black Arrow by R L Stevenson ... I read the book like a thousand times... My younger brother and I even tried acting it then

That reminds me I need to go dust my bow n arrow coz its every black arrow for every black heart

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by oostin: 8:02am On May 26, 2016
The Complete Works of Sherlock Holmes

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 8:05am On May 26, 2016
Mckandre:
I also like love at stake "how to marry a millionaire vampire" and the rest of the series, James Hadley chase "Easy come easy go"
I'm a fan of Horror and paranormal genres too, & a little blend of romance. I like how Kerrelyn Sparks writes as an author. I enjoyed her book 'The Undead Next Door'. Blazed through its pages in 3 days.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by oostin: 8:05am On May 26, 2016
Drefan2:
My favourite Novel has to be Terry Goodkind's The Sword of Truth novels series.

If you have not read this book then you really are missing out on a glorious experience.

Since I came across this extraordinary book mid last year, I have been glued to my screen like a hungry leech.

Everything about this book is just magnificent. The characters, the Wizard's rules and how they are tightly, beautifully, if not perfectly, embedded in each book, how all the cascading events in the series are precisely woven together into one gigantic lop is mind-boggling.

Suspense that will make your mind race in a sudden rush. At times when I read up to a thrilling part, I can't just help but to drop my phone, stand up, close my eyes, grinning joyously and I flow with the moment into another world.

The Feeling is bliss.

Is that the one with the bad guy dream walker Jagang? The one with Darken Rahl and his father Panis Rahl? Absolutely fantastic.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Ikonz(m): 8:06am On May 26, 2016
Anything written by James Hardley Chase

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by johncasey1(m): 8:07am On May 26, 2016
Abatsam111:
Hi guys,I was wondering what the best novel you ever read is..For me
it has to be Robert Ludlum's MATARESE CYCLE. A blockbuster that
kept me on the edge of my seat all through! Its been over many years
but still feels like yesterday. Classic!
you should read the sequel,The Matarese Countdown

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Kaycee625(m): 8:07am On May 26, 2016
Please don't say no by chuks onyiuke...... Anyone who knows how i can get the soft copy should please tell me
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Ligxy(f): 8:10am On May 26, 2016
OgatheTop:
Sorrows of Satan by Maria Corelli.

Beyond Pardon by Bertha M. Clay.
Wow!! Lionel in Beyond Pardon. When I was younger, I thought only my mom has this book. Thanks for mentioning it.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Ranchhoddas: 8:11am On May 26, 2016
Mckandre:
I also like love at stake "how to marry a millionaire vampire" and the rest of the series, James Hadley chase "Easy come easy go"
There are about 15 or 16 books in the love at stake series.I think I stopped at book 14. Roman Draganesti the millionaire vampire.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by kikilove(f): 8:12am On May 26, 2016
I have read All james hardly chase collection and I have the soft copies.i love JHC so much I go through some of the novels twice .I particularly love miss shumway waves a wand by JHC,dan brown and I also love all the jack reacher series by Lee child

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by aprokomania(m): 8:12am On May 26, 2016
Sidney Sheldon master of the game best novel ever written by a living mortal

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by eyekaynoble: 8:12am On May 26, 2016
alorax2:

abi o,, or he should read one bright summer morning, come easy go easy, tiger by d tail, you find him ill fix him or knock knoc, whose there
Wow! 4 u 2 have read those, twale 4 u! That guy is missing somfin o, especially these 2 'knock!knock!! Who's there?' and 'u find him, i'll fix him'

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by oostin: 8:13am On May 26, 2016
Drefan2:
My favourite Novel has to be Terry Goodkind's The Sword of Truth novels series.

If you have not read this book then you really are missing out on a glorious experience.

Since I came across this extraordinary book mid last year, I have been glued to my screen like a hungry leech.

Everything about this book is just magnificent. The characters, the Wizard's rules and how they are tightly, beautifully, if not perfectly, embedded in each book, how all the cascading events in the series are precisely woven together into one gigantic lop is mind-boggling.

Suspense that will make your mind race in a sudden rush. At times when I read up to a thrilling part, I can't just help but to drop my phone, stand up, close my eyes, grinning joyously and I flow with the moment into another world.

The Feeling is bliss.

If you love fantasy books you might also wish to read "The Wheel of Time" series by the late Robert Jordan. It's a lovely piece of work.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by adontcare(f): 8:14am On May 26, 2016
The scorpio illusion by Robert ludlum
Dance of the Gods by Nora Roberts
Memories of midnight by sydney sheldon
The villa by nora Roberts
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 8:14am On May 26, 2016
eyekaynoble:
I hope they will cause the one in question failed woefully.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by weselomo(m): 8:15am On May 26, 2016
anything written by james hadley chase..... i love thrillers
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Boldstar(m): 8:15am On May 26, 2016
I don't have favourite novels, I have favourite writers

John Grisham - My best book choice - The Client
Mario Puzo - My Best Book choice - The Godfather
Dan Brown - My best book choice - Da Vinci's Code
Vince Flynn - My best book choice - The Third Option
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by EJONTHEBEAT(m): 8:15am On May 26, 2016
the prime and the man
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Manuche(m): 8:16am On May 26, 2016
soos:
grin grin James hardly chase.
*who want to die*
Love 'James hardley chase' too
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Mckandre(m): 8:16am On May 26, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
There are about 15 or 16 books in the love at stake series.I think I stopped at book 14. Roman Draganesti the millionaire vampire.
why u stop na?
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by geez18(m): 8:17am On May 26, 2016
Tom Clancy's "the sum of all fears", Robert Ludlum's "the materesse countdown","the bourne trilogy","the Janson directive",and a host of other books i can't remember the authors names,like "H.M.S. ulyses" and "the man from Ó.R.G.Y" et al

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Do You Remember the Pacesetters Books? / Why You Shouldn't Fart In A Crowded Elevator!!! / Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.