Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,329 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? (26868 Views)

Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by pamcode(m): 8:17am On May 26, 2016
Harry potter series by J. K Rowlings. Followed closely by Dan brown 's digital fortress.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by adexsimply(m): 8:18am On May 26, 2016
dopedude:

You need to read all the parts bro. It gets better and better. Read Chain Fire, that's the 12th book of the series
I've read all parts. That's my favorite
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by luiginho2xl(m): 8:18am On May 26, 2016
Meklex:
most people don't read fantasy... I enjoyed the stormlight archive... This wheel of time, how is it been hearing about it and how BS finished it.
Well, here's what Wikipedia has to say :
The Wheel of Time is a series of high fantasy novels written by American author
James Oliver Rigney Jr., under the pen name Robert Jordan . Originally planned as a
six-book series, The Wheel of Time spanned fourteen volumes, in addition to a prequel
novel and a companion book. Jordan began writing the first volume, The Eye of the
World, in 1984. It was published in January 1990.
The author died in 2007 while working on what was planned to be the twelfth and final
volume in the series. He prepared extensive notes so another author could complete
the book according to his wishes. Fellow fantasy author and long-time Wheel of Time
fan Brandon Sanderson was brought in to complete the final book, but during the
writing process it was decided that the book would be far too large to be published in
one volume and would instead be published as three volumes: The Gathering Storm
(2009), Towers of Midnight (2010), and A Memory of Light (2013).
The series draws on numerous elements of both European and Asian mythology, most
notably the cyclical nature of time found in Buddhism and Hinduism , the metaphysical
concepts of balance and duality , and a respect for nature found in Daoism.
Additionally, its creation story has similarities to Christianity's "Creator" ( Light) and
Shai'tan, "The Dark One" (Shaytan is an Arabic word that in religious contexts is used
as a name for the Devil ). It was also partly inspired by Leo Tolstoy 's War and Peace

The Wheel of Time is notable for its length, its detailed imaginary world , its well-
developed magic system, and its large cast of characters. The eighth through
fourteenth books each reached number one on the New York Times Best Seller list.
After its completion, the series was nominated for a Hugo Award . As of 2015 the
series has sold 80 million copies worldwide and spawned an eponymous video
game, roleplaying game, and soundtrack album .
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by laikas: 8:18am On May 26, 2016
Kondomatic:
Deception point and Bourne Ultimatum are two books that I over enjoyed reading.

I love books that you cannot predict what will happen in the next paragraph.
all the way bro. bourne identity, ultimatum, supremacy. hmmm dat book even the movie was the bomb.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by alorax2(f): 8:18am On May 26, 2016
eyekaynoble:
Wow! 4 u 2 have read those, twale 4 u! That guy is missing somfin o, especially these 2 'knock!knock!! Who's there?' and 'u find him, i'll fix him'

Lol, books wey I don read since I was 9 to 11yrs old, chase introduced me to d workd of thriller, suspence and action. I like one of his charactermark girland who always up against Malik a Russian.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Ranchhoddas: 8:19am On May 26, 2016
Drefan2:

I happen to read one of James Hardley Chase's books and I was anything but terribly disappointed. Boredom almost nagged me to death. After all the tiresome sermons preaching his hype, there was nothing to make valid the praises.
Very true.The day I decided to read 'No Orchids for Miss Blandish' after all the Hadley Chase hype, I was royally disappointed. I could not even finish it.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Ligxy(f): 8:19am On May 26, 2016
StPete:
All books by Dan Brown, Sydney Sheldon and Robert Ludlum. Favorite of them all:

MAP OF BONES
Add John Grisham to that list and I'll follow you anywhere.
I love all James Hadley Chase too

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by o434: 8:20am On May 26, 2016
KANE AND ABEL by Jeffery Archer
NOTHING LASTS FOREVER , SKY IS FALLING, SANDS OF TIME, THE DOOMSDAY CONSPIRACY and others by Lord Jeffery Archer
GOD FATHER by Mario Puzo
THE CRADLE WILL FALL by Mary Higgins Clark
THIS WAY FOR A SHROUD by James Hadley Chase
MESSAGE FROM NAM and JOURNEY by Danielle Steel
ANIMAL FARM by George Orwell

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by phil0(m): 8:21am On May 26, 2016
i go for mario puzo and dan brown's books
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Ligxy(f): 8:22am On May 26, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Very true.The day I decided to read 'No Orchids for Miss Blandish' after all the Hadley Chase hype, I was royally disappointed. I could not even finish it.
Chase books are best enjoyed by the little minds. Read Chase when you're between 9-12 years old. You'll be glued.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Ranchhoddas: 8:22am On May 26, 2016
Books by Puzo, Sheldon, Brown, Adichie I can't pick anyone man.Doing that would be injustice to the others.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by govou(m): 8:23am On May 26, 2016
All John Grisham books
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by eyekaynoble: 8:24am On May 26, 2016
Boldstar:
I don't have favourite novels, I have favourite writers

John Grisham - My best book choice - The Client
Mario Puzo - My Best Book choice - The Godfather
Dan Brown - My best book choice - Da Vinci's Code
Vince Flynn - My best book choice - The Third Option
How abt john grisham's A time 2 kill, d runaway jury, d pelican brief?? U no like dem?
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by NERDYDREAMS(m): 8:25am On May 26, 2016
Behind the scenes- Elizabeth keckley
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Ranchhoddas: 8:25am On May 26, 2016
Mckandre:
why u stop na?
I did not see a link to download the next one.I'll read it in the future though.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 8:26am On May 26, 2016
alorax2:

you got that right about dan brown, I always know how d book will end.

Yeah, Angels and Demons, Da Vinci code and the Lost Symbol have almost the same storyline and the same plot.

By the way, help vote Ivyy for the upcoming Miss NL 2016. Thanks. wink
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by kalimera101: 8:27am On May 26, 2016
I can't pick a favorite book at all.

Anything written by Sidney Sheldon for me is a must read. Even his autobiography was bae.

Then I love James Hadley Chase's Miss Shumway Waves a Wand.

I liked Dan Brown's Angels and Demons.

I do not like Stephen King. I hated every single one I've read Except Dolores Clairbone

John Grisham is okay too, if you like law books.

Jeffery Archer and Ken Follet are good too

The master of Adventure for me goes to Rider Haggard, You have to read his The Yellow God. You'll just love Africa and Gold.

Currently, I'm into Chinese Light Novels. My all time favourite is I Shall See The Heavens, Battle Through The Heavens, Coiling Dragon, Desolate Era and Stellar Transformations.

What I really love about them Chinese Light Novels is the vast amount of wisdom about life hidden in each chapter with an advantage of martial arts.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Ranchhoddas: 8:27am On May 26, 2016
eyekaynoble:
How abt john grisham's A time 2 kill, d runaway jury, d pelican brief?? U no like dem?
The best Grisham book I've read is The Partner.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by laikas: 8:27am On May 26, 2016
overtlyderanged:
Mehn... I'll go with The Sigma Protocol by Robert Ludlum (dude was a beast!)
robert ludlum; the tristan betrayal.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by EKOSuperior(m): 8:29am On May 26, 2016
My favourite novel of all time is 'THE RETRIBUTIVE JUSTICE' written by my humble self ELECHI KINGSLEY OBUMNEME.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Nobody: 8:29am On May 26, 2016
oostin:

Is that the one with the bad guy dream walker Jagang? The one with Darken Rahl and his father Panis Rahl? Absolutely fantastic.
Jagang the Dream Walker is my best villain. He is deadly and uses sheer brutality to force his irrational beliefs down the throats of others, still I give him credit for his intellect and smartness.

Jagang is a strict, artful strategist. For you to successfully outwit him then you must be a prodigy yourself. I love where he showed up down in the catacombs buried in the province of Caska to the outright dismay of Ulicia and her no-good devious sisters. All along they thought their plans were sailing smoothing and were on the brink of hatching, not knowing that a powerful eagle-eyes who has already defined the beginning and the end of the scheme is amusing himself quite watching from the matrix. I laughed so hard I nearly smatched my phone.

Darken Rahl is a tactician too but he lacked an important attribute that Jagang utilised in crushing his opponets - Patience.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by gr8gem(f): 8:30am On May 26, 2016
any books by annie rice especially "interview with the vampire and the vampire lastert" still lookin for the last series of the novel.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by kaka74: 8:31am On May 26, 2016
Don pedelton's executioner nd mack bolan series, dick stivers - able team and gar wilson's phoenix force infact all novels published by Gold eagle's books pls someone help me with those series I need dem xchange if possible
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by k3: 8:31am On May 26, 2016
Chinua Achebe's Arrow of God and Mario Puzo's Godfather.
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Classickid(m): 8:34am On May 26, 2016
tetengi4life:
The Prince and Art of war all written by Niccolo Machiavelli
The Art of War was written by Sun Tzu

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by ifeoluwanik: 8:35am On May 26, 2016
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. That book should be read by all girls
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by eyekaynoble: 8:35am On May 26, 2016
Ligxy:

Chase books are best enjoyed by the little minds. Read Chase when you're between 9-12 years old. You'll be glued.
Haba! 9-12 ke? It's good 4 starters though, irrespective of dia age. I read it when i was 17 and i still crave 4 it now. Have read novels by tom clancy, sidney sheldon, jeffrey archer, john grisham, danielle steele etc but i still crave 4 chase.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by sergiolefty(m): 8:37am On May 26, 2016
I love HIT nd RUN and ONE MillION DOllars by James Hardely Chase......I swear dah man is dah best......

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by Udeme288(m): 8:37am On May 26, 2016
Drefan2:

Sorry, I don't have the link anymore but fortunately I have them all in my device. All of them are in epub format.

Why don't I upload them on datahost to save you the stress of searching out valid links and you just have to download?

I'll appreciate that bro, thanks in advance. Lemme know when you do so. I'm on the thread
Re: What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? by ALIMINE(m): 8:38am On May 26, 2016
dexla:
tell me your dreams by Sidney sheldon
Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer
Bless you dear, Jeffery Archer's Kane and Abel, The Prodigal daughter, Shall we tell the President, Honor Among Thieves, Prisoner of Birth etc and any of Sheldon's books. Other side of midnight, or my favorite"IF TOMORROW COMES"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Do You Remember the Pacesetters Books? / Why You Shouldn't Fart In A Crowded Elevator!!! / Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.