Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel (23742 Views)

Pump Price Increase Likely As Landing Cost Of Petrol ‘rises Above’ N145 / Youths Celebrate The Appointment Of Umana Okon As Oil & Gas Zone MD By Buhari / Shell Confirms Attacks, Suspends Operations Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:40pm On May 26, 2016
AfroKnight:
More damage to Niger Delta land. Foolish militants are bombing the installations of a company that has been reluctant to clean up the oil spillage it has caused over the years. Who will be affected by their actions? Not my farmland, nor my rivers will be polluted. Continue to bomb them.

The oil workers from the SS will also feel the pain. When operations are shutdown, downsizing must follow. Their people will lose their jobs too.

The funny thing is that Jonathan's administration frustrated the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill. So the resource control they are fighting for has remained a dream as a result of their brother's corrupt leanings. Let the avengers continue their folly. Everyone will feel the heat.

I would advice PMB not to send the military to the boys. Let them have a field day. Their own people will beg when the suffering hits the peak and their leaders continue to embezzle the 13% derivation they enjoy.

Thank you. They want to bomb and cripple the economy. Let them bomb. When they have finished bombing all the facilities, what will they do?

Bomb their people and become a complete terror cell. Who will suffer? Those people egging them on.

They are doing President Buhari who ate Presidential dinner this night. Meanwhile those cheering these terrorist are looking for tomatoes in the market.

1 Like

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by EazyMoh(m): 9:42pm On May 26, 2016
Children of hate celebrating on Nigeria's calamity. Please why not start bombing those oil installations as well.
It's high time the government reconsiders the whole amnesty for militants issue. Since its no longer guaranteeing safety of the installation it shall then be seriously reevaluated if not outrightly canceled.

1 Like

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by shizzle11(m): 9:42pm On May 26, 2016
presidiotPoohari should look elsewhere for money to run his northernacracy style of govt.

NDA more power to your elbow.

Thunder fire the new sheriffat

7 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by akanji4good(m): 9:45pm On May 26, 2016
Congratulation, no problem, Continuing the blowing, by the time you turn your State to desert, your eyes will open. Foolish people. grin tongue
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 26, 2016
EddyNumerouno:
We are our own worst enemy
Boko haram was cheered on while it was a rag tag group, giving it impetus to metamorphosize to its current state...who suffered the brunt of the attacks? Surely wasn't the elite who had (still have) their families safely tucked away overseas.

NDA is still cheered on as we like to cut our nose to spite our face, an attack of this magnitude and some people are dancing in the euphoria of the success of the attack. Once again, our leaders will still live in opulence while the masses suffer.

Continue to dance, after all, you'll still come back to complain 'country hard'

Dear God, please pardon my transgressions and don't send me back to Nigeria in my second life.
that is what I'm saying. the senate President has american passports same as Oyo governor. many of those who rule us have options when the country collapse. but we the masses doesn't.
I also join you in saying Amin and to me I claim that prayer.
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by ajarossi(m): 9:52pm On May 26, 2016
U promised to make Nigeria ungovernable to GEJ, finaly u won d election out of jega's manipulation, GEL call u n congratulated u.
For ur stupendous mind u think dat congratulations ws normal abi? Mumu problem do kpesee 4ur head soon na ur lekpasious opkorokious dead body dem go carry comoth for state house

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by giles14(m): 9:54pm On May 26, 2016
Deen77:

You are correct, by now I expect him to have bought some modern Aircraft like MI-28/ KA-52 and Aircraft like SU24/27 or MIG 29/31.

Waiting for America arms instead of refurbished Russian Aircraft.
wot is dis wan saying, buy jets wen we are broke? u most need help..

1 Like

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Abuja2013: 9:56pm On May 26, 2016
This is serious issue that govt needs to address urgently.
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by bezimo(m): 10:02pm On May 26, 2016
AfroKnight:
More damage to Niger Delta land. Foolish militants are bombing the installations of a company that has been reluctant to clean up the oil spillage it has caused over the years. Who will be affected by their actions? Not my farmland, nor my rivers will be polluted. Continue to bomb them.

The oil workers from the SS will also feel the pain. When operations are shutdown, downsizing must follow. Their people will lose their jobs too.

The funny thing is that Jonathan's administration frustrated the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill. So the resource control they are fighting for has remained a dream as a result of their brother's corrupt leanings. Let the avengers continue their folly. Everyone will feel the heat.

I would advice PMB not to send the military to the boys. Let them have a field day. Their own people will beg when the suffering hits the peak and their leaders continue to embezzle the 13% derivation they enjoy.

There is nothing like more damage to the Niger Delta because companies simply shutdown production immediately the bombing occurs.Its actually more damage to the Nigerian economy.
Buhari was not smart eneough to carry along the SS hence his statement of 5%/97% now we see were it has landed Nigerian economy.
He underestimated the SS now the oil and gas industry is in a state of emergency requiring urgent intervention. Its a lose-lose situation.

Like some guy pointed, if Buhari dont take steps to unite and dialogue with the stakeholders from the region, things may degenerate to kidnapping of foreigners (Hausa and yoruba folks) working in oil companies in the SS.

9 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by sitibemfen(m): 10:02pm On May 26, 2016
Pls let the president understand what it means to make a country ungovernable. Let him learn the bitter lesson of life at old age.Let him realise that the north does not have monopoly of violence over other regions. When NDA finishes the economy under his watch, national dialoque and regional restructuring shall be inevitable.

7 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:05pm On May 26, 2016
engrchykae:
what of submarines and F15a raptor,iron dome,laser equipped tanks,and E.M.P guns.
With these,pmb will be making sense.

Why not throw in some spaceships too?

Conventional weapons and tactics are useless in situations like this.

You can't hit what you can't see...

I just pray this Avengers stuff goes away swiftly, because, if not, EVERYBODY go hearam.

1 Like

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by sandraokosun1: 10:10pm On May 26, 2016
ZUBY77:

Are you saying that since it happened in 80s and 90s, it must remain that way forever?
bro i never said that, infact i am a strong activist of who owns a thing should have a say to it. But bro their is a nothern conspiracy in this marriage called nigeria. Same conspiracy what hatched by the tafawa balewa, ahmadu bello, usman danfodio, they succesed in pulling the leaders of other regions to it. Its been on for long, gej himself ignored the ss and ogoni cause, the amensity was a yaradu thing and he had no choice than to continue, apart from that did he do anything abt revoking these things no? Instead he was aiding and alberting ibb,shagaya,indimi,alakija,danjuma and the others that were culprits. Destroying pipelines at this time when things are hard wont help. The revenue of the oil goes to the ss too majorly and ss citizens would also feel the brunt. These group are appendages of people who are aggrieved that their deals for free money are off. I wouldnt have complained if these people were using the money well, they get the money and go to outside nigeria to invest it and they become billionaires who can give guns to youths, and create army of cultists giving them money for beer, and peanuts etc, most of these niger delta youths are their boys today, with no future for them other than using them to blackmail any government. The only way ss can fight for themselves is to have one voice and make government that addressing the issue of its region as it is and not as a group or fraction hunger to get contract to feed on. Just like the sw proved in the last election and made/continously make any government agree with its terms. SS can as one should stop acting cheap to any party. It has 6states and that is viable for any party that wants to win. It should go with any party that would rather agree to work on its template and needs, i do believe that party would start redesigning its manifesto to suit the solving of ss problems, before u knw it other party would take note, just so they woo the nations golden bride the niger delta issues would take front burner. That is the only option, no national confab would work in this country becos every region is trying to checkmate the other especially the hausas. Today politics is abt standing up as a region and giving your terms, that was the same template that brought the protetorates together. Unfortunately every state wants to go so lo and they are taken for nothing. Every president weither u like it or not would want to remain statos quo so he is not seen as anti north or a threat to the parasitic nigeria marriage, so was also the case with gej. But when its a region giving terms on where it stands if it must be carried along, that would set a precedence to the nation. Its not rocket science, their is strength in unity and oneness, that is the PRINCIPLE OF THE NORTHERN Caliphate, thats what makes them dictate and have their way since 1960, they succeded in strengthing their oneness and disintegrating the ss into fragments, and even in that fragments they find way to split it into fractions
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Legitbaba(m): 10:12pm On May 26, 2016
Dollyak:

I don't even support Buhari's approach to governance, but I wouldn't be smiling if I were you. This is not about Buhari but about your future and your fellow country men who are going to suffer.
I think if that's the case... it'll b better for everyone to suffer the way we have been suffering since exploration of oil in the ND started....

2 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by kodded(m): 10:16pm On May 26, 2016
AfroKnight:

leave our land and oyel alone is that too much to ask ?

2 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by engrchykae(m): 10:17pm On May 26, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

Why not throw in some spaceships too?

Conventional weapons and tactics are useless in situations like this.

You can't hit what you can't see...

I just pray this Avengers stuff goes away swiftly, because, if not, EVERYBODY go hearam.
i wish avengers a fulfilled mission/purpose
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by engrchykae(m): 10:23pm On May 26, 2016
kodded:

leave our land and oyel alone is that too much to ask ?

very smart of you,u did well to tell us what ss will lose but more smart to avoid mentioning how fg is badly affected.
The bigger picture is crippling the economy and i want them to be very fast about it.nigeria is a fraud meant to serve the British interest.

1 Like

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Etizz: 10:23pm On May 26, 2016
NaijaMutant:
grin grin grin

Naija is gradually falling to her knees under the leadership of an Incompetent clueless and outdated MILITARY GENERAL

And it pains me he is not even aware of d present situation......
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by hausameat: 10:25pm On May 26, 2016
sandraokosun1:
In as much as the nda issues are craftily laced with the Attempt of resource renegociation. It begs the answers was the allocation of oil block done today or has pmb given any which annoys them. These are events that occured in the 1990's to 80's by recklesness of military with corruption to the democracy era. This can only be a blackmail to hide behind a mask to perpetrate evil. Demand on kanu even denotes the outright PDP political tendency to free its appendage all in bid to threaten the nigeria unity. This stupidity is mainly by a bunch of pdp sympathizers who have refused to see life without the largese of been given free billions in the name of securing pipelines just to hoodwink the govt.

I do hope these boys realise that they are the ones at loss here. Doing their masters bidding who only want protection contracts that they wont use to develop the place.
By 2019 they would still be faced with another hausa president till 2023. So why destroy and pollute your land
there will not be no hausa as wicked as Buhari. There have been many hausa leaders before Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by ifedayosol(m): 10:26pm On May 26, 2016
Really don't knw who is reeling lies here, either the source or NDA. Am in Escravos presently and notin of such. Infact, thr is light presently everywhere here. Dnt knw whc electricity pipeline was blown up oo.

1 Like

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 26, 2016
all i know is that this news pains alot of zombies .what they were dreamin of bubu bein a 007 and saviour is comin to nothin .wow they now see that nigeria is realy a zoo were no animal wins .lol

3 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by kodded(m): 10:28pm On May 26, 2016
[s]
TheGoodJoe:

Thank you. They want to bomb and cripple the economy. Let them bomb. When they have finished bombing all the facilities, what will they do?

Bomb their people and become a complete terror cell. Who will suffer? Those people egging them on.

They are doing President Buhari who ate Presidential dinner this night. Meanwhile those cheering these terrorist are looking for tomatoes in the market.
[/s]

no free oyel for the likes of tinubu and atiku

sai baba cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 26, 2016
Etizz:

And it pains me he is not even aware of d present situation......

who told u .bubu is aware .all gov ofical cum to nairaland u tink u are the only one that know nairaland hahahahahaha
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 26, 2016
kodded:

sai baba cheesy
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 26, 2016
nnachukz:
The dullard was hoping to rule with the proceeds from oil but couldn't keep quiet and enjoy the oil money. He went about calling some 5% and others 97% and boasting how he will crush any opposing voice from the 5%. Today he is no where to be seen as men has taken the battle to his source of revenue.
It's great!
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:32pm On May 26, 2016
kodded:

sai baba cheesy

With the destruction in the Niger Delta, how many companies will come to work in that region? Do you know how many Niger Deltans that will be rendered jobless. Do you know the revenue of the states are reducing?

A wise man one said, "the child who does not want his mother to sleep, will not sleep."
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by kodded(m): 10:39pm On May 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

With the destruction in the Niger Delta, how many companies will come to work in that region? Do you know how many Niger Deltans that will be rendered jobless. Do you know the revenue of the states are reducing?

A wise man one said, "the child who does not want his mother to sleep, will not sleep."

as long as people from the south west and the north suffer the same faith because of bad economy then am happy

A wise man also said that "the best way to kill cancer is to kill your cells"

4 Likes

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 26, 2016
Whathaveidone:
I lowkey like what's happening tho. All the SW needs to do now is work on how to
generate it's own power

Investors abeg come to the SW. Epp us grin grin cheesy We need more investments

We have oyel too and we don't do shakara smiley

What you have is OYEL, not CRUDE OIL! I guess, not even CRUDE OYEL!
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:47pm On May 26, 2016
kodded:

as long as people from the south west and the north suffer the same faith because of bad economy then am happy

A wise man also said that "the best way to kill cancer is to kill your cells"

Kill your cells. Not your heart. These Militants are killing the Niger Delta region, everyone in it. Not the bad cells who are the corrupt politicians who sucked the region dry.
Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by gaby53: 10:50pm On May 26, 2016
NaijaMutant:
grin grin grin

Naija is gradually falling to her knees under the leadership of an Incompetent clueless and outdated MILITARY GENERAL
.. Your comments show that you really are what your name says: a "Naija mutant".
Shioo! cry

1 Like

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Awqeyriovd(f): 12:43am On May 27, 2016
sandraokosun1:
In as much as the nda issues are craftily laced with the Attempt of resource renegociation. It begs the answers was the allocation of oil block done today or has pmb given any which annoys them. These are events that occured in the 1990's to 80's by recklesness of military with corruption to the democracy era. This can only be a blackmail to hide behind a mask to perpetrate evil. Demand on kanu even denotes the outright PDP political tendency to free its appendage all in bid to threaten the nigeria unity. This stupidity is mainly by a bunch of pdp sympathizers who have refused to see life without the largese of been given free billions in the name of securing pipelines just to hoodwink the govt.

I do hope these boys realise that they are the ones at loss here. Doing their masters bidding who only want protection contracts that they wont use to develop the place.
By 2019 they would still be faced with another hausa president till 2023. So why destroy and pollute your land

One single sense u no get.na pap (ogii) dey ur skull.

1 Like

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by Eluwilussit(m): 2:17am On May 27, 2016
franciskaine:
Democracy is a curse on Africa, khakistocrasy is best for us. Africa is just not ripe for this. Why would a group of tugs and touts hold a nation to ransom. Wen u make things worse for this govt Nigerians will end up bearing the brunt. Power is now nothing but zero. God help us.

Is there any sensible government that refers to its people as 5% and call it's people criminals? Our Oga even agreed that we are fantastically corrupt. Our president is d no 1 thug. He needs to learn some tact.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel by anonimi: 3:47am On May 27, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Refurbished Tanks And APC Igirigi / APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government / Hope Uzodinma Petitions NJC, AGF Over ‘supreme Court Governor’ Tag By PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.