Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers - Politics (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers (30487 Views)

Kano Deports 60,000 Beggars To Four States, Other Countries / PHOTOS: Beggers In Front Of National Mosque When Buhari Came To Pray / Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by THEAMAKA(f): 12:32am On Aug 26, 2009
all of you are ridiculous!
shut up.

get back to the topic.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sjeezy8: 12:35am On Aug 26, 2009
vezycash:

guys wait oh! nepa isue neva solve whey this guy the pursue beggers na wa oh!

Because beggars are also living off lagosian tax payers money, LESS non tax paying people = more money to be funded for Nepa
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Kobojunkie: 12:41am On Aug 26, 2009
I do wonder, for those who are for this development in Lagos, how do they feel about the healthcare debate going on in the US ?
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sjeezy8: 12:45am On Aug 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I do wonder, for those who are for this development in Lagos, how do they feel about the healthcare debate going on in the US ?

The debate is general can you be more specific on what particular issue
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Beaf: 12:51am On Aug 26, 2009
sjeezy8:

Because beggars are also living off lagosian tax payers money, LESS non tax paying people = more money to be funded for Nepa

Really?
Thats like saying because Lagos lives off FG handouts, we should deport Lagosians to fund NEPA.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sjeezy8: 12:58am On Aug 26, 2009
Beaf:

Really?
Thats like saying because Lagos lives off FG handouts, we should deport Lagosians to fund NEPA.

Maybe you should if Lagos state wasn't the highest revenue generating state in Nigeria.
Not to mention those revenues are made off of taxed Lagosian workers.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by vezycash(m): 1:15am On Aug 26, 2009
@sjeezy8 no wonder u r in LA, tax payers money? don't be ridiculous no matter how much nitel, refinery got there was no improvement; nepa is in the same position.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Beaf: 1:17am On Aug 26, 2009
sjeezy8:

Maybe you should if Lagos state wasn't the highest revenue generating state in Nigeria.
Not to mention those revenues are made off of taxed Lagosian workers.

Approximately 40% of Lagos revenue comes from the FG; Lagos cannot feed itself. And nobody pays tax in Lagos, stop being a clown.
I'm hoping though that when you join politics you can move your Lagos out of the country and observe for yourself how quickly the state will go Bangladesh style hungry. Right now, we are feeding you guys, so be respectful.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sjeezy8: 1:27am On Aug 26, 2009
vezycash:

@sjeezy8 no wonder u r in LA, tax payers money? don't be ridiculous no matter how much nitel, refinery got there was no improvement; nepa is in the same position.

Lagos government has always stressed the fact of payin taxes. Those who stay on the island have light more often plain and simple majority are tax payers.
The federal government should be the one solving the lighting problems around Nigeria. Lagos state can only do for themselves and by getting rid of people who generate no revenue, it betters the probability of having light more often in Lagos state.

vezycash:

Fashola insists on tax, improved structures in private schools

Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has urged owners of private schools to pay their taxes promptly for development of the state and also provide decent structure3s in their institutions for conducive learning environment.

In a keynote address yesterday at the National Theatre, Iganmu, Lagos, at the Society for International Development/Association for Formidable Educational Development (AFED) 2009 seminar, titled – Public-Private Partnership (PPP) In Enhancing Educational Adequacy and Mitigating International Migration Policy for Nigerians Overseas, he charged proprietors and proprietresses of private schools to roll up their sleeves for the challenge of providing qualitative education for children in Lagos State.

“Be prepared to develop this state through PAYE (Pay As You Earn) tax system by paying taxes deducted from salaries of teachers to the government. Some of you are making profits. If you think you’re paying too much tax, open your books to inspectors. Even market women pay taxes. By so doing, we will get dividends of democracy. .http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/22/fashola-insists-on-tax-improved-structures-in-private-schools/ . . . .

Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sjeezy8: 1:33am On Aug 26, 2009
Beaf:

Approximately 40% of Lagos revenue comes from the FG; Lagos cannot feed itself. And nobody pays tax in Lagos, stop being a clown.
I'm hoping though that when you join politics you can move your Lagos out of the country and observe for yourself how quickly the state will go Bangladesh style hungry. Right now, we are feeding you guys, so be respectful.

OK SOURCE PLEASE

IF Lagos gets 40% from FG, what is the big idea, doesn't FG get its highest revenue from Lagos State

I dont think your making a point

half of deltans have run to Lagos so. . . be respectful
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Beaf: 1:46am On Aug 26, 2009
sjeezy8:

OK SOURCE PLEASE

IF Lagos gets 40% from FG, what is the big idea, doesn't FG get its highest revenue from Lagos State

I dont think your making a point

half of deltans have run to Lagos so. . . be respectful

Source? You don't even know the figures for Lagos states internally generated revenue (IGR) and yet you're here making a clown of yourself. Get off your arse for once, google is your friend; reading also alleviates ignorance.

"Half of Deltans have run to Lagos"? . You have no shame, do you remember this post you made elsewhere?

sjeezy8:

lol i got those facts from cnn bbc and aljazeera news thats for 2008 figures

Rank State GDP (PPP$)
1 Lagos State 33,679,258,023
2 Rivers State 21,073,410,422
3 Delta State 16,749,250,544
4 Oyo State 16,121,670,484
5 Imo State 14,212,637,486
6 Kano State 12,393,103,864
7 Edo State 11,888,446,884
8 Akwa Ibom State 11,179,887,963
9 Ogun State 10,470,415,017
10 Kaduna State 10,334,763,785

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP in 2007

keep lying  TO yourself you guys are feeding the north and the REST of NIGERIA

I would have asked you to do the per capita arithmetic for Delta and Lagos based on population, but maths is your problem; I remember you posted the above to support your strange claim that Lagos accounts for 30% of Nigeria's GDP.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sjeezy8: 1:56am On Aug 26, 2009
i dont think you understand population means nothing, its not based on tax payers money which generate what Lagos state contribute to the FG.
Delta make money from OIL simple DELTANS DONT

AND IN ANOTHER THREAD YOU STATED DELTANS ARE IN SLUMS IN LAGOS - so i was justified in sayin deltans run to Lagos

im done with you

dont quit your day job, cause you kno nothing about politics
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Kobojunkie: 2:00am On Aug 26, 2009
sjeezy8:

i dont think you understand population means nothing, its not based on tax payers money which generate what Lagos state contribute to the FG.
Delta make money from OIL simple

AND IN ANOTHER THREAD YOU STATED DELTANS ARE IN SLUMS IN LAGOS - so i was justified in sayin deltans run to Lagos

im done with you

dont quit your day job, cause you kno nothing about politics

@sjeezy8 , please stop being naive. Fashola cannot, by deporting folks solve the population problem. If you did not watch that video on the other, may I suggest that you no only watch it, but listen in to understand why those people there are willing to live in such conditions. Please watch and LISTEN to learn!!
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sjeezy8: 2:07am On Aug 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@sjeezy8 , please stop being naive. Fashola cannot, by deporting folks solve the population problem. If you did not watch that video on the other, may I suggest that you no only watch it, but listen in to understand why those people there are willing to live in such conditions. Please watch and LISTEN to learn!!

That is why i said FedGovt should deal with it before these people congest Lagos.

Fashola is not Jesus and he can do for those who are living in lagos legally as tax payers.

THEY SHOULD NOT LIVE IN LAGOS IF THEY DONT HAVE PROPER LIVING CONDITIONS.

slums cannot be built everywhere by these migrants if Fedgovt doesn't want to solve the problem Lagos state will by sending them packing FASHOLA IS A GOVERNOR NOT A PASTOR
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Beaf: 2:09am On Aug 26, 2009
^Love! Na wa o! Fashola's girlfriend grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sjeezy8: 2:12am On Aug 26, 2009
^^^ your mothers boyfriend

when people are wrong they result to immature things to evade the topic
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Beaf: 2:19am On Aug 26, 2009
Foolish little boy. Don't worry, you'll soon be back home from school to sit in your mum's lap to suckle. . . She might even ask you to pay tax for the milk grin
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 2:20am On Aug 26, 2009
rotflmao grin grin grin tongue tongue
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by faoni572(m): 7:44am On Aug 26, 2009
vezycash:

guys wait oh! nepa isue neva solve whey this guy the pursue beggers na wa oh!

I think NEPA falls in the armpit of Federal Government, Tell your Yaradull to do something about it. FASHOLA HAS DONE THE RIGHT THING.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by igboboy1(m): 12:22pm On Aug 26, 2009
sjeezy8:

That is why i said FedGovt should deal with it before these people congest Lagos.

Fashola is not Jesus and he can do for those who are living in lagos legally as tax payers.

slums cannot be built everywhere by these migrants if Fedgovt doesn't want to solve the problem Lagos state will by sending them packing FASHOLA IS A GOVERNOR NOT A PASTOR

Na your papa own Lagos? My guy sharap there,

Any bloody Nigerian can come to bloody lagos Period,
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2009
sjeezy8:

Do you realize how long we have been blaming the federal government for all this nonsense and still nothing to this day? The Federal Government, we know, cannot do jack, so instead of Fashola worsening the situation by sending 160, only to have them attract 10 more beggars each back to Lagos with them. We need to try a better approach to this situation. What does sending 160 back do to the population problem in Lagos? The mere fact that he is a governor is reason why he ought not to engage in actions that might potentially exacerbate the situation for the state.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Eziachi: 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2009
You see, in this drama of deportation, I am not against Fashola and his govt for deporting anybody, but what I am against is the hypocrisy of one Nigeria. The same fashola in the same spirit of One Nigeria will at the end of this month go to Abuja and collect allocation due to his state and his govt and source of 95% of the money coming from outside his state. If there is one Nigeria, there should also be One Nigeria beggars too and north southern or northern beggars.

If everybody starts deporting everybody based on one thing they don't like about anybody, what is one Nigeria then? What is left is issuing of visa, which those in the north had already done through the use of Sharia. If you can't live by the sharia code, stay away they said.

So it's now in the Guinness book of record that it's only in Nigeria that a citizen can be deported inside his own country.

One Nigeria experiment will never seize to amuse. If Americans had known that you can deport someone inside his own country, Washington should have deported George W Bush back to his ranch in Texas. At least it would have save them the pain of an unnecessary war that he dragged them into in Iraq.

Now that we are in the season of internal deportation, can Northerners depot all bleaching cream users in their land and can they also deport anyone that eats Isiewu with Gulder-beer as that is a crime against the animal kingdom.

And down in the south, the so called south south and south east should deport all crude oil addicted outsiders from their land with immediate effect. And all oil money should never be deported to Abuja ever again.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Beaf: 3:10pm On Aug 26, 2009
^Exactly! Couldn't be better said.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2009
Eziachi:

You see, in this drama of deportation, I am not against Fashola and his govt for deporting anybody, but what I am against is the hypocrisy of one Nigeria. The same fashola in the same spirit of One Nigeria will at the end of this month go to Abuja and collect allocation due to his state and his govt and source of 95% of the money coming from outside his state. If there is one Nigeria, there should also be One Nigeria beggars too and north southern or northern beggars.

If everybody starts deporting everybody based on one thing they don't like about anybody, what is one Nigeria then?  What is left is issuing of visa, which those in the north had already done through the use of Sharia.  If you can't live by the sharia code, stay away they said.

So it's now in the Guinness book of record that it's only in Nigeria that a citizen can be deported inside his own country.

One Nigeria experiment will never seize to amuse.  If Americans had known that you can deport someone inside his own country, Washington should have deported George W Bush back to his ranch in Texas.  At least it would have save them the pain of an unnecessary war that he dragged them into in Iraq.

Now that we are in the season of internal deportation, can Northerners depot all bleaching cream users in their land and can they also deport anyone that eats Isiewu with Gulder-beer as that is a crime against the animal kingdom.

And down in the south, the so called south south and south east should deport all crude oil addicted outsiders from their land with immediate effect. And all oil money should never be deported to Abuja ever again.

MEND seem to be doing that already, hence why Boko haram and Fashiola decided to go gaga too. undecided
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Eziachi: 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

This is not the first of this and I myself have a hard time understanding why this is even allowed in Nigeria.

grin grin
Funny, you of all people should have understand or are you just waking up or faking being awake all this time?
What Fashola is telling you is what we had been trying for months or years that the idea of One Nigeria is just a mirage.
Next he will introduce a green card, you wait and see. And you will still be asking why? because we love to pretend.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2009
Eziachi:

grin grin
Funny, you of all people should have understand or are you just waking up or faking being awake all this time?
What Fashola is telling you is what we had been trying for months or years that the idea of One Nigeria is just a mirage.
Next he will introduce a green card, you wait and see. And you will still be asking why? because we love to pretend.

So, in your understanding, Fashola, a mere governor who was elected only 2 years ago and will probably not have a next term, now speaks for all of Nigeria? Instead of condemning his actions, which are more likely against the law in the same country, we should embrace it as the mind of all Nigeria in this?
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by faoni572(m): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2009
Those who are against the move of Lagos State I am yet to get their points. Are they saying they should leave almagiris to litter the streets of Lagos or they are actually encouraging almagiris. Anybody who think almagiris can work should try to employ them and see if they will be ready to work.

Some of those that are talking against it on Nairaland today must have in the past abused government of not taking care of beggars but here is an active governor who want to rehabilitate them only to discover that the limited resources will not be enough unless Federal Government gives assistance. As a result of this , he evicted them to their respective state so that their government  can rrehabilitatethem. I am yet to see what is wrong in this. If it has been FG evicted them to their states, I would have understood it is wrong. If you don't like this that means you like to be seeing beggars suffer on the street.

Can somebody tell me if it is the right of beggars to litter the street to be begging. Government suppose to take care of them and we can't shoulder it on Fashola alone and everybody knows we don't have Federal Government.

The North bred and raised the highest number of almagiris and they have no right to run away from them.

Pls, Fashola has done the right thing.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Eziachi: 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

A Yoruba beggar is in a Yoruba territory. . .Hausa beggar ain't.
Besides, it's an open secret that these Hausas use Yoruba peops as sacrifice whenever there's a civil unrest in Lagos.
Why take em with open arms? They should deport all of em. . . .

Matter of fact. . . .All vehicles coming to Lagos should be searched so as to weed off these Northern lepers. . .
If there are Yoruba beggars in other parts of Nigeria too, let em be deported.
Enough is enough.

Some of you will kill me softly with laughter. And the above sentiment is all coming out from the mouth of ONE NIGERIA enthusiast? WONDERFUL grin grin grin
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Eziachi: 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

So, in your understanding, Fashola, a mere governor who was elected only 2 years ago and will probably not have a next term, now speaks for all of Nigeria? Instead of condemning his actions, which are more likely against the law in the same country, we should embrace it as the mind of all Nigeria in this?

kOBO, I can understand your frustration because what Fashola has done had buried all your argument about a charade being paraded as one Nigeria. Me and you knew that there is nothing like one Nigeria in reality but only on paper and oil money sharing, full stop.
And that we view each other as we view Ghananian of a Cameroonian but we chose to pretend other wise. But I am not good in pretending and that is why I had always said that we should call a spade a spade.

That is will be better for an Igbo man living in Yorubaland as foreigner with required papers than to be living as citizen of a country but is treated sometimes worse than an alien resident. When a Nigerian is being deported from Nigeria, what else remain?
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by No2Atheism(m): 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2009
eziachi should be deported back to windows 95, grin
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by No2Atheism(m): 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2009
Eziachi:

kOBO, I can understand your frustration because what Fashola has done had buried all your argument about a charade being paraded as one Nigeria. Me and you knew that there is nothing like one Nigeria in reality but only on paper and oil money sharing, full stop.
And that we view each other as we view Ghananian of a Cameroonian but we chose to pretend other wise. But I am not good in pretending and that is why I had always said that we should call a spade a spade.

That is will be better for an Igbo man living in Yorubaland as foreigner [b]with required papers [/b]than to be living as citizen of a country but is treated sometimes worse than an alien resident. When a Nigerian is being deported from Nigeria, what else remain?

An Igbo man having required papers, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy buahaaaaaaa cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2009
Eziachi:

Look @Eziachi, can we please stop debating as kids and respond to each as adults would. We are adults here, so can we please start thinking and processing this information as adults would, rather than trying to inject our issues and sentiments every which way?

Fashola has only taken actions that are probably to help him deal with the problems in the state. That in no wise means he is right, neither does it mean anyone, even you, should then go out to declare his actions as proof that Nigeria is not a country and never was, as that would be disconnected in so many ways.

The man did not call for Tribal division; neither did he say “All Men to their states of Origins”. He simply sent 160 beggars to Kaduna, not all Ibos and Hausas to Kaduna. How you connect that to the break apart of the ONE NIGERIA dream, as you so refer to it, beats me. I definitely agree that it could cause a bigger rift, especially with minds who are already tribally sensitive and I made mention of that possibility in most of my threads.

Eziachi:

That is will be better for an Igbo man living in Yorubaland as foreigner with required papers than to be living as citizen of a country but is treated sometimes worse than an alien resident. When a Nigerian is being deported from Nigeria, what else remain?

Good for you that you do not want to pretend there is a Nigeria and that is fine as long as it does not affect or is imposed on the next man. Trying really hard to turn this into yet another useless “Battle of the Tribes” only reveals more of the state of your mind, and not mine or even Fashola’s here.

A Nigerian is being deported from Nigeria probably only means a desperate Governor who has been pushed to the walls in his state by the overwhelming population problem is trying to solve the problem the only other way he seems to think might work. That is it!! Is it legal? I hope not. But what this has to do with your not pretending there is a one Nigeria still beats me. Is One Nigeria determined by Fashola’s actions or by the country’s constitution and law? You tell me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (31) (Reply)

What Southern Governors Concluded After Their Meeting In Enugu / Thugs Disrupt Pro-buhari Rally In Jigawa State / Mustapha Adekunle, Aka Seigo, Wanted By Lagos State Police Command.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.