Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku (23292 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Says, "Renegotiate Our Union" / State Of The Nation: It’s Time To Renegotiate Our Union – Tunde Bakare / State Of The Nation: It’s Time To Renegotiate Our Union – Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Okeycima: 11:28pm On May 31, 2016
jlinkd78:
I understand your penchant for high sounding vocabulary most times aimed at hoodwinking Ur fellow zombies into thinking that you ve made some sense. It is wrong that u ve persistently shown your animosity and congenital taste of bile for d ppl of a particular region in all your epistles. What Atiku is endorsing here is consistent with Ojukwu position pre-civil war during d Aburi Accord in Ghana where he proposed confederation with a central govt. Awolowo agreed only to renege while back in Nigeria and d Gowon govt settling his betrayal prowess with position of Finance Minister and his subsequent confiscation of all d money of d 5% constituents who survived d starvation and d release of only 20pounds irrespective of how much u had in d Nigerian banks. This was how d seed of discord was sown and whatever we are getting now d unavoidable fruits. Confederation failed then and there is no guarantee it will succeed now cos of our saboteur brethren. Atiku has moved a notch higher now to be d first from d North that is advising a renegotiation of d union of which divorce is an option thru a referendum .The first step in renegotiating a marriage is whether or not d union will remain ( by referendum) and if in d affirmative then d terms. No body is intimidating or blackmailing d FG but u dont treat a section of a country as conquered territory and expect to have peace. It is gratifying to observe DAT while NL mods are doing everything to censor the use of d Byafra word, it has rather become d metaphor for all d marginalized/suppressed voices as succinctly captioned in d title of this book 'We Are All Biafran' reminding us we are all victims of d obvious injustices as obtainable in this Lord Lugard contraption. The only sense u made is that this altruistic 'wailing' revelation coming from Atiku that it is suspicious.
my Brother who are you?. Don't be mad I ask that question Because am marvel with what you wrote there and I couldn't Have said it better. I wish I know you,But since I don't. I WANT TO SAY GOD IN HIS INFINITE WISDOM WILL GRANT YOU MORE WISDOM.

3 Likes

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by CHIJIOKE1314: 11:34pm On May 31, 2016
Okeycima:
my Brother who are you?. Don't be mad I ask that question Because am marvel with what you wrote there and I couldn't Have said it better. I wish I know you,But since I don't. I WANT TO SAY GOD IN HIS INFINITE WISDOM WILL GRANT YOU MORE WISDOM.

[size=15pt]Iseeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

You will notice how the Efulefu will evade this thread since he noticed some marching response to his spiteful, resentful & invading comments to look for other hand-parry posts to chant his, 'I am important song'..[/size]
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by jlinkd78(m): 11:49pm On May 31, 2016
Okeycima:
Thank U Sir. Really appreciate your flattering admiration of my lil contribution. Incidentally my middle name too is Okechukwu and Okeycima one of alias at a point in my life sojourn. Udo Diri GI nwa Chineke

2 Likes

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by jlinkd78(m): 11:57pm On May 31, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:

[size=15pt]Iseeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

You will notice how the Efulefu will evade this trade since he noticed some marching response to his spiteful, resentful invading comments to look for other hand-parry posts to chant his, 'I am important song'..[/size]
I v been standing by to see his reply but unfortunately he appears to v avoided my line. Since its midnight; its time to commit everything happening against us to Chukwu Okike Abiama thru my own lil supplication at about now. Ka udo chia

1 Like

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by CHIJIOKE1314: 11:59pm On May 31, 2016
jlinkd78:
I v been standing by to see his reply but unfortunately he appears to v avoided my line. Since its midnight; its time to commit everything happening against us to Chukwu Okike Abiama thru my own lil supplication at about now. Ka udo chia

Ndewo!

1 Like

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Agunnewi: 12:18am On Jun 01, 2016
He has been threatened that his oil block would go up in flames so this might be interpreted as pandering. They don't give concessions unless they have something to loose.He sent out a tweet a few weeks mocking Niger Delta avengers for blowing up pipelines and destroying their environment. Today he is a born again Democrat preaching for the same thing he has been part of the obstacle to its fulfillment.The language these clowns understand is snatching their feeding bottle from their mouth.Southerners should band together and force these changes or we all go our separate ways.
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Ebubeslym(m): 12:20am On Jun 01, 2016
Sorry Omenka. You brought it upon ur self. You've gradually lost credibility on this forum. Your opinion no longer carry weight or worth. I placed you in high esteem until you turned petty. Its indeed a pity.
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Ebubeslym(m): 12:20am On Jun 01, 2016
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by shugaboy6102(m): 12:52am On Jun 01, 2016
omenka:
Watch it- the Lost Children of Uganda will forget he's an "illiterate gworo chewing almajiri raising Abok! from the North" and agree hook line and sinker with every alphabet of the words he's uttered, because in their little minds, this is a statement critical of FG and by extension Buhari. cheesy

We've always been pro true federalism and resource control because it is indeed a panacea to the myriad of problems buffeting our nascent democracy/economy since independence. Let the FG control the Army, protecting our sovereignty, while the economy is principally controlled by the states. That is what we have always wanted. But what we would always be against is some group of persons trying to blackmail/intimidate the FG into doing their bidding regardless of its propriety.

When people like Atiku start making statements like this, I tend to get very suspicious because he's occupied such position as to have greatly influenced the FG into taking serious steps towards the realisation of this lofty aspiration- what stopped him from doing so back then?? Would he do the same if he becomes the president tomorrow?? Hell, is this statement meant to warm him up to some people given that PDP has zoned their party's ticket to the North?? Is he being truly altruistic or cunning??

Only time will tell.
lovely write up but please its uncharitable to refer to your country men as 'ugandan' or some words like that pleasssssseeeeee?
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Eluwilussit(m): 2:08am On Jun 01, 2016
freeze001:

I pray for the day u will find peace in ur heart and grow up. Get ur head out of the sand or ur butt crack, whichever stinks worse, and smell the coffee! It is to the advantage of all and d entity called Nigeria, to renegotiate our terms of existence and ensure devolution of powers to the federating units.

A real patriot actually interested in seeing Nigeria work would never oppose this with the extreme alternative being a total dissolution into 2 or as many sovereign nations. Too much power at the center is what has led to the deadly do or die politics practiced in this country.

Take some time out, assimilate this fact and stop living and breathing Buhari/APC. The masses that demand this real and fundamental change are far greater than Buhari and APC with their cosmetic change.

That guy na FOOL. Unfortunately, he believes he is smart. Maybe. Smart-fool. grin

1 Like

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by anonimi: 2:56am On Jun 01, 2016
rusher14:
In 2011 under CPC.

In 2014 neither Jonathan's PDP nor Buhari’s APC made the confab the thrust of their campaign.

Federalism was hardly ever mentioned.

Meaning
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Onenaira1: 3:07am On Jun 01, 2016
shugaboy6102:
lovely write up but please its uncharitable to refer to your country men as 'ugandan' or some words like that pleasssssseeeeee?

There is NOTHING insulting about being called Uganda. Uganda is even better than Nigger Area or is "nigeria" as una call it.

Being called Uganda is a okay by me as long as we are not being called Nigger Area.

2 Likes

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Onenaira1: 3:11am On Jun 01, 2016
Ratello:

Ignore the dude for good. He is not worth it, at least going by his comments here lately you can tell.

Exactly and when you insult the omenka illiterate, he'll immediately run to the mod to "ban you". The illiterate is not only a brainless child but also a coward. He can dish it but can never take it.

Then again, you can't help but pity him. His job is to make the dullard look good on social media and since dullard has destroyed everything, he's failing miserably at his job just like his master. Life must be hard considering by how many good reviews and positive overturn he can get for buhari. He isn't getting none so obviously he's not getting any money. Hunger dey kill am
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by DedeNkem: 3:32am On Jun 01, 2016
eddiebruk:
Why is the federal government so keen on holding all the powers in this country? I would think allowing every state control their resources will bring more precise development economically, socially and would cost less to run this entity called Nigeria

Those whi like the present system are the corrupt politicians because having a central government that has too much power gives them great opportunity to loot more money.
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by rusher14: 3:38am On Jun 01, 2016
anonimi:

Meaning

[b]Isn't it clear that this is mere mischief from you and your ilk?

Your candidate initiated a confab. Kept the report in his back pocket whilst campaigning round the country.

He and his goons were quick to insult the leading opposition at the time but yet they conveniently forgot the report of the confab which they had convened.

Once the government was ousted the confab has suddenly become the new Magna Carta for the incoherent and fumbling opposition that simply cannot even choose its leadership.

All of this is simply to weaken the centre as you find the hungry politicians cannot even pay salaries of their staff.

Nothing wrong with federalism but it sounds sort of sinister that for the greater part of 2 decades a party ruled with pomp and pageantry without much thought of this form of governace. Yet, once their power was whittled this became the holy grail.

I take the sentiments and intention of these people with a grain of salt.

This government should be allowed to work with the present structure as they never campaigned against it. Come to think of, neither did PDP.

If in 2019, when we all think the point is moot, parties can campaign on the basis of the confab.

Whoever wins has the clear and indubitable support of the masses to follow its manifesto.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Nobody: 5:39am On Jun 01, 2016
omenka:
Watch it- the Lost Children of Uganda will forget he's an "illiterate gworo chewing almajiri raising Abok! from .
One day, we will get you. grin grin
Lmfao.
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by goldman777: 5:44am On Jun 01, 2016
Atiku is playing politics trying to gader support from.d east for his presidential ambition he still has d same northernization ideologies.Dont be decieved he will jumpship back to pdp to push this ambition.thief

1 Like

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by CHIJIOKE1314: 5:56am On Jun 01, 2016
shugaboy6102:

Thanks for your concern, but you are not very correct and we Igbos are not very comfortable with your pity because we can't see why...

We are comfortable people. .

I personally would prefer any name, 'any name at all' than being called Nigerian.
So anytime anyone finds anything other than Nigeria to called Igbos.. That person is doing me a personal favour..
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Draye: 5:59am On Jun 01, 2016
Will same Atiku advocate for this if he were to be the sitting President at this time?.......Atiku Atiku Atiku becareful ooo and stop looking for cheap popularity why can he advocate for this between 1999-2007. Your file is in the cooler so beware
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by ehinja: 6:11am On Jun 01, 2016
modath:

Nice, but Atiku, the consummate politician shouldn't just say it to massage bruised egos and as mere lip service to position himself in furtherance of his barely concealed ambition..... Mere posturing and rhetorics won't cut it..

He controls the N-PDP and has half his body in the PDP, he should use the REPS to push for it in the "right" way it should be done..... cool

That is exactly the point. Our politicians are word charlatans and at every given stage or opportunity will say anything that they perceive as trending.
If Atiku believed in true Federalism he should have been talking about it all through his political career which has been a long one.

1 Like

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by omenka(m): 6:18am On Jun 01, 2016
Ebubeslym:
Sorry Omenka.
You brought it upon ur self.
You've gradually lost credibility on this forum.
Your opinion no longer carry weight or worth.
I placed you in high esteem until you turned petty.
Its indeed a pity.
I have heard "you've lost credibility", "your opinion no longer matters", blablabla, a million times from you lot yet you just can't see my comments and "waka pass". cheesy On this thread alone- over 30mentions and counting, yet you keep repeating those stale lines. How difficult is it to just "ignore me"?? cry

1 Like

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by omenka(m): 6:21am On Jun 01, 2016
engrchykae:
i know ur type,the mourinho type that would piss off the whole world,u thrive on controversy and u feel strong when u felt that people hate you
the best weapon against u to befriend you
Lmao. Your comment made me chuckle indeed. You must be a smart dude. Some little bit of truth to what you said. The hate makes me stronger. cheesy

1 Like

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 01, 2016
It is time for politicians to seek affirmation from the masses on the basis of what they stand for. I don't care if Atiku has a veiled ambition. What is importance to me is that coming with a promise of restructuring Nigeria is good grounds to give him my vote because for me that is the way to go for a better Nigeria. The best option for resolving the Nigerian issues peacefully by electing individuals who will have the courage to take important decisions. All he needs to do to state clearly how he intends to do it and people like me will be completely sold.
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by persius555(m): 6:29am On Jun 01, 2016
I am not against true federalism. In fact i give it a 100% support but the issue of state corruption and lack of accountability is something we nigerians must not loss a site of.
There is so much looting at the state level as it is at the federal level.
Nigerians should support every effort aimed at fighting corruption at all level so that at the end of the day the local government executives and state governments dont constitute another economic plague. Our problem is multi faceted and demands a hollistic solution. The democracy we practise today is not the same as in the western world.
Let us pray that the true federalism we long for will not turn out to be a bitter pill.
A lot of institutions need to be in place for any form of system to work in nigeria.
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by lovat(m): 7:01am On Jun 01, 2016
freeze001:

I pray for the day u will find peace in ur heart and grow up. Get ur head out of the sand or ur butt crack, whichever stinks worse, and smell the coffee! It is to the advantage of all and d entity called Nigeria, to renegotiate our terms of existence and ensure devolution of powers to the federating units.

A real patriot actually interested in seeing Nigeria work would never oppose this with the extreme alternative being a total dissolution into 2 or as many sovereign nations. Too much power at the center is what has led to the deadly do or die politics practiced in this country.

Take some time out, assimilate this fact and stop living and breathing Buhari/APC. The masses that demand this real and fundamental change are far greater than Buhari and APC with their cosmetic change.
You made omenka look ordinary with this your TKO
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 01, 2016
I still dont understand why some people despite their education wont realise that true federalism is the way out...Buhari won not because he was the best candidate but because Nigerians dont avert innocent coppers being killed by northerners but we realise that the peace we dream for has not materialised... True federalism will calm all nerves and set us to the part of greatness. Clik like if you support TRUE FEDERALISM
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Leke001: 7:10am On Jun 01, 2016
good talk Atiku
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Ahasuerus2(m): 7:28am On Jun 01, 2016
Which union is he talking about?
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by sarrki(m): 7:32am On Jun 01, 2016
Ahasuerus2:
Which union is he talking about?

Of the one our grandfather agreed to
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Ahasuerus2(m): 7:34am On Jun 01, 2016
sarrki:

Of the one our grandfather agreed to
My grandfather was not among.
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by sarrki(m): 7:39am On Jun 01, 2016
Ahasuerus2:

My grandfather was not among.

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives Nigeria From The China-africa Summit In South Africa (Pics) / Lucy Bisi-onabanjo: ‘I Voted For Buhari Despite Jailing My Husband Because...' / #RevolutionNow: Police arrest journalist, nine others during protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.