Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku (23279 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Says, "Renegotiate Our Union" / State Of The Nation: It’s Time To Renegotiate Our Union – Tunde Bakare / State Of The Nation: It’s Time To Renegotiate Our Union – Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by ozor1: 10:17pm On May 31, 2016
This was what ojukwu propossed in the ABURI ACCORD nigeria wouldnt have gone to war if gowom had kept his own side of the deal, this shows that the current constitution we run is for power hungry systems just like the military

2 Likes

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by omenka(m): 10:18pm On May 31, 2016
Some people are bound to go to bed tonight with very heavy hearts over Omenka. cheesycheesycheesy

They say he's lonely and needs attention, yet they still give him the attention!! How difficult is it to simply ignore him?? cheesy

Well, yall may continue to writh in pain for all I care. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by mandax: 10:19pm On May 31, 2016
anonimi:
Eyes on 2019!
The LIES and fake promises don start be that!!
Buhari promised same true federalism but has forgotten since May 29, 2015!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2343594_buharitruefederalismpromise_jpegc85970dabfc1bf2df5d730398a429913

Even IBB Promised to restore Fiscal federalism.

what of Asiwaju Tinubu who cried all over the southwest begging for Fiscal Federalism?

Abeg make all these deceivers park well.

Nigeria don pass play people wayo with sweet talk.

Imagine forty years of promise of fiscal federalism, below is what we have:

4 Likes

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by mandax: 10:20pm On May 31, 2016
anonimi:
Eyes on 2019!
The LIES and fake promises don start be that!!
Buhari promised same true federalism but has forgotten since May 29, 2015!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2343594_buharitruefederalismpromise_jpegc85970dabfc1bf2df5d730398a429913

Even IBB Promised to restore Fiscal federalism when he came out for presidency..

what of Asiwaju Tinubu who cried all over the southwest begging for Fiscal Federalism?

Abeg make all these deceivers park well.

Nigeria don pass play people wayo with sweet talk.

Imagine forty years of promise of fiscal federalism, below is what we have:

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Ogbuefi2020: 10:27pm On May 31, 2016
omenka:
Some people are bound to go to bed tonight with very heavy hearts over Omenka. cheesycheesycheesy

They say he's lonely and needs attention, yet they still give him the attention!! How difficult is it to simply ignore him?? cheesy

Well, yall may continue to writh in pain for all I care. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
hhahhahah, please get a life, this is too low joor

5 Likes

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by ideykwum: 10:31pm On May 31, 2016
omenka:
Watch it- the Lost Children of Uganda will forget he's an "illiterate gworo chewing almajiri raising Abok! from the North" and agree hook line and sinker with every alphabet of the words he's uttered, because in their little minds, this is a statement critical of FG and by extension Buhari. cheesy

We've always been pro true federalism and resource control because it is indeed a panacea to the myriad of problems buffeting our nascent democracy/economy since independence. Let the FG control the Army, protecting our sovereignty, while the economy is principally controlled by the states. That is what we have always wanted. But what we would always be against is some group of persons trying to blackmail/intimidate the FG into doing their bidding regardless of its propriety.

When people like Atiku start making statements like this, I tend to get very suspicious because he's occupied such position as to have greatly influenced the FG into taking serious steps towards the realisation of this lofty aspiration- what stopped him from doing so back then?? Would he do the same if he becomes the president tomorrow?? Hell, is this statement meant to warm him up to some people given that PDP has zoned their party's ticket to the North?? Is he being truly altruistic or cunning??

Only time will tell.

I'm beginning to think you're going through an emotional crisis... You are totally losing all forms of objectivity. You could have made your point without alluding to people or taking a jap at your favourite punching bag. Nairaland does strange things to people...

7 Likes

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by poseidon12: 10:37pm On May 31, 2016
Atiku is the main man. God bless you sir, for speaking truth to power. It's great that this is coming from an influential member of the ruling party. Nigeria's fundamental problem is the dysfunctional political structure in place, not corruption.
It's only unpatriotic Nigerians like Buhari that will be against restructuring. 2019 will be very interesting.
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by ayindejimmy(m): 10:38pm On May 31, 2016
Isn't it ironic that these people won't make the right decision wen they're in power but once they leave they'll want the incumbent to do it.
Everyone knows that there's the Constitution gives too much power to the center but no politician has the political will or sincerity to champion a bill to delegate power.
It going to take a really faithful politician to do that. And I don't think "politicians" and "faithful" can appear in one sentence.
If you really want to know the true character of a man - give him power
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Deen77: 10:40pm On May 31, 2016
Luckylife:
Former president Ebele Jonathan have already don that by organising the national conference. All the major problems we face now were discuss and solutions were discuss and finalised. All must support or force the present government to implement the national comfab resolutions.

What of OBJ confab.

1 Like

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Deen77: 10:42pm On May 31, 2016
poseidon12:
Atiku is the main man. God bless you sir, for speaking truth to power. It's great that this is coming from an influential member of the ruling party. Nigeria's fundamental problem is the dysfunctional political structure in place, not corruption.
It's only unpatriotic Nigerians like Buhari that will be against restructuring. 2019 will be very interesting.

Can Atiku implement the confab if he become d president, 419 campaign for 2019. Kwankwaso in Lagos campaign against relocation of Mile 12.

The two contest against Buhari last year in APC primary.

1 Like

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by booblacain(m): 10:44pm On May 31, 2016
omenka:
Watch it- the Lost Children of Uganda will forget he's an "illiterate gworo chewing almajiri raising Abok! from the North" and agree hook line and sinker with every alphabet of the words he's uttered, because in their little minds, this is a statement critical of FG and by extension Buhari. cheesy

We've always been pro true federalism and resource control because it is indeed a panacea to the myriad of problems buffeting our nascent democracy/economy since independence. Let the FG control the Army, protecting our sovereignty, while the economy is principally controlled by the states. That is what we have always wanted. But what we would always be against is some group of persons trying to blackmail/intimidate the FG into doing their bidding regardless of its propriety.

When people like Atiku start making statements like this, I tend to get very suspicious because he's occupied such position as to have greatly influenced the FG into taking serious steps towards the realisation of this lofty aspiration- what stopped him from doing so back then?? Would he do the same if he becomes the president tomorrow?? Hell, is this statement meant to warm him up to some people given that PDP has zoned their party's ticket to the North?? Is he being truly altruistic or cunning??

Only time will tell.

Honestly, you are not mature at all, not even a bit. Yes, intelligent but definitely not mature, your starting statement shows this clearly.

Grow up boy.

5 Likes

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by engrchykae(m): 10:48pm On May 31, 2016
omenka:

Only time will tell.
anyway we are out of the restructuring of falsehood.
We want a separate nation bound by language,religion,ideology and culture.
We will watch or listen to national news in local language by pretty ladies on national tv.
Chose the best to play our football for us and give nnewi and aba all the support they need to become our silicon valley.
The sun must rise,this is nature.

5 Likes

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by OnuohaEDOZIE(m): 10:50pm On May 31, 2016
This is how a true elder statesman should be talking,and not like our wailers down here in this N.L especially "Ndi-OFE MMANU".

2 Likes

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Ratello: 10:52pm On May 31, 2016
I have no business with Atiku God forbids he rules me as the President of the Federal Republic he is only re-echoing what great minds like Chief Awo, Ojukwu, had already said, so nothing new only feather brains will fall for this cheap talks from him. I maintain, mallams are too self-centered and power drunk to fix this Country including Buhari (imagine his 97% and 5% formular)!

4 Likes

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by manutdrichie(m): 10:55pm On May 31, 2016
omenka:
I pray some day you take time out and think hard about the need to stop screwing your mind up over my comments. The sooner you do, the better for you oo.

My butt crack feels good enough for me by the way, you should be more bothered about the crack in which your own head is. wink

Toodles.

I never see u mk any sense any day... why?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 31, 2016
marv1:
How do u hold the states accountable? These govs are emperors in their respective states living large and nobody dares challenge them.

I think their National Assemblies are there to checkmate their Activities. Their People will be more precise of who to hold accountable if there is a draw back in development
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Okeycima: 10:59pm On May 31, 2016
If em reach @ the top, he will forget that he ever made this statement and behave and show us his true self........one thing about Nigerian politicians is that everything can be used in their political games and campaign is not done b4 the elections.#RUBBISH#
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by kutchs: 10:59pm On May 31, 2016
Guys this omenka kid doesn't deserve all the attention you give him, ignore him as you should for he's a nonentity. Stop making him feel important.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by surveyor1234: 11:02pm On May 31, 2016
omenka:
I pray some day you take time out and think hard about the need to stop screwing your mind up over my comments. The sooner you do, the better for you oo.

My butt crack feels good enough for me by the way, you should be more bothered about the crack in which your own head is. wink

Toodles.

How old are u..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Ratello: 11:05pm On May 31, 2016
surveyor1234:

How old are u..
Ignore the dude for good. He is not worth it, at least going by his comments here lately you can tell.

2 Likes

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Okeycima: 11:07pm On May 31, 2016
freeze001:

I pray for the day u will find peace in ur heart and grow up. Get ur head out of the sand or ur butt crack, whichever stinks worse, and smell the coffee! It is to the advantage of all and d entity called Nigeria, to renegotiate our terms of existence and ensure devolution of powers to the federating units.

A real patriot actually interested in seeing Nigeria work would never oppose this with the extreme alternative being a total dissolution into 2 or as many sovereign nations. Too much power at the center is what has led to the deadly do or die politics practiced in this country.

Take some time out, assimilate this fact and stop living and breathing Buhari/APC. The masses that demand this real and fundamental change are far greater than Buhari and APC with their cosmetic change.
oga all you said is true.you have †̥♥ believe ♍ƺ that about what you wrote on the last paragraph †̥♥ come(revolution) the people must possess some characteristics ☀̤̣̈̇f a nation. Unfortunately we are not, it is not going †̥♥ work and they know it that's why the keep on playing us.
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by modath(f): 11:09pm On May 31, 2016
agabaI23:
We are resonance here.
When I saw the headline, I said, this guy is getting ready for 2019...

When he clinches it, he will say like Buhari, "I have not even looked at the confab report"...

Atiku is only fooling those foolish enough to believe an owner of oil bloc who made so much money through same skewed political structure..

Atiku was pandering to the mood of his audience, i'm 100% sure where his loyalty falls... na same same

2 Likes

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by CHIJIOKE1314: 11:09pm On May 31, 2016
booblacain:

Honestly, you are not mature at all, not even a bit. Yes, intelligent but definitely not mature, your starting statement shows this clearly.

Grow up boy.

Do edit the part that sound as if you agreed that this pained hearted chap is intelligent(he is irritating)...
Intelligent kids don't place a gossip app on 'speed dail' draws a comment padded with insults, then perch for mentions, so he could reply each and every mention flagging importance.. (He refreshes NL pages every 30secs., reason why it never drops on the second minute for any of his mentions to be adorned with a counter mention)

Deny him that credit, he might add 2 inches in hieght before tomorrow..
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by engrchykae(m): 11:11pm On May 31, 2016
omenka:
1. Which part of my comment did you see "igbo"

2. Have you bothered to ask why "igbos" love me so much??

3. Why don't you mind your own business or simply face the topic
i know ur type,the mourinho type that would piss off the whole world,u thrive on controversy and u feel strong when u felt that people hate you
the best weapon against u to befriend you

1 Like

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by frank4t(m): 11:13pm On May 31, 2016
this is the first time atiku is making a point for the sake of nigeria. since I know you na today I know say u get sense well well. but why is it that the other remain political elite are not seeing this?
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by CHIJIOKE1314: 11:15pm On May 31, 2016
kutchs:
Guys this 'thing' kid doesn't deserve all the attention you give him, ignore him as you should for he's a nonentity. Stop making him feel important.

If only you could stop tagging his mention.. Just as you just did Now..

Just flag him as, 'this thing' cos he ain't what a shYt..
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Okeycima: 11:15pm On May 31, 2016
dearpreye:

A new hope seemed to swell within me as I patiently read through the huge 2014 Confab Report . Every sincere Nigerian knows Nigeria must be restructured for it work better; the current structure is counter productive, corrupt and suffocating.

A genuine restructuring will drown all these secessionist voices and tendencies. A bigger Nigeria is better for us all; a restructured Nigeria is even better for us all. ****
boss where you read am from? I need †̥♥ read it also pls

1 Like

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by Okeycima: 11:22pm On May 31, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
Better late than never.

Though, Atiku was only being ''politically'' correct because of his audience. Would he have said that if his audience was a babariga wearing one?

By the way sir, you were VP of the Federal Republic for 8years, why were you not able to champion this then?
abeg Help ♍ƺ ask him if you see him.as for ♍ƺ and people that see far all boils down †̥♥ 2019 as He is unsure ☀̤̣̈̇f Yoruba backing as he indirectly has problem with Tinubu through Saraki issue. So he wants †̥♥ us easterners as fall back position. IT WON'T WORK
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by BudeYahooCom: 11:23pm On May 31, 2016
Ngokafor:

.....My friend lets hear word abeg..are you omenka's mouth-piece??.A grown ass male like omenka has decided to make a fool of himself here and you are talking about 'torment' ..tormenting who??...no one gives a damn about him except fellow goons like you.

....A lonely attention-seeker whose daily dose of fulfilment is spitting 'ugandan' alll over the place like a spitting cobra..y'all got jokes honestly..clowns.

lmao!

1 Like

Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by queencalipso(f): 11:24pm On May 31, 2016
Hmmm!! I see atiku eyeing the golden throne (the seat of the presidency) using one of the 48 laws of power. Rule 12( use selective honesty and generosity to disarm your victims). It will be so welcomed if he really mean it but am afraid he doesn't. He's probably being hypocritical.
Re: We Must Renegotiate Our Union To Make It Strong -- Atiku by CHIJIOKE1314: 11:28pm On May 31, 2016
engrchykae:
i know ur type,the mourinho type that would piss off the whole world,u thrive on controversy and u feel strong when u felt that people hate you
the best weapon against u to befriend you

I adore you comment. To the bolded you should try and trash as soon as possible..Going by that though, you may be inviting perpetual lack upon yourself (God forbid)..
The guy is obviously challenged and I don't think you are cut out for his elephantine responsibility..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video biafra 10000 men Carrying Weapon want To Fight. Pray that God save nigeria / Dogara Sacks Abdulmumin Jibrin Over Budget Padding / Bribery Video: Ganduje Enjoys Immunity From Prosecution – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.