Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

The Foolishness Of Atheist - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Foolishness Of Atheist (4715 Views)

Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness / Christians And The Foolishness Of Freewill / Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by sesaan(m): 8:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
grin God no dey joh.. Forget anything heaven or hell,, when u die u become humus plants feed on you for other animals to feed on the plants.. All this white men that brought u this religion have seriously enslaved u..
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by cloudgoddess(f): 8:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
Efewestern:

Yea.. but that doesn't mean God doesn't exist... I don't do religious shiit... but i can Proclaim the existence of God any time any Day.. unlike you atheist who deny he exist.

Am a Christian thou, but i don't believe in poo easily, just living a Good life, Helping those around me and Asking God for Directions.. Such is life bro...
The issue with claiming a god exists without claiming a religion is that no objective observer can know which god you are referring to, what his/her/its qualities are, and what he/she/it wants from us humans, if anything.

You see, there have been thousands of gods claimed by humans throughout history (some sources say around 4,000), each with its own supposed attributes & deeds. A Pagan god, Hindu god, or Shinto god does not share the same creation story, supposed appearance, relationship to humans, or personality traits, as the god described in the Jewish bible & the Christian religion specifically. Some people who believe in a god even say that "god" is simply the energy that drives nature.

So if you want to assert that a god exists, you must first decide which one (dictated by a religion), and then you must explain why you chose that one over the other 3,999.
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by Efewestern: 8:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
cloudgoddess:

The issue with claiming a god exists without claiming a religion is that no objective observer can know which god you are referring to, what his/her/its qualities are, and what he/she/it wants from us humans, if anything.

You see, there have been thousands of gods claimed by humans throughout history (some sources say around 4,000), each with its own supposed attributes & deeds. A Pagan god, Hindu god, or Shinto god does not share the same creation story, supposed appearance, relationship to humans, or personality traits, as the god described in the Jewish bible & the Christian religion specifically.

So if you want to assert that a god exists, you must first decide which one (dictated by a religion), and then you must explain why you chose that one over the other 3,999.

Okay .. First of all the Idea of God is been interpreted differently by Different race that why we have different religion all over the world, but that doesn't mean God is 100000, God is 1 although most religion might Communicate with Him differently (God is omnipresent), So The idea that since there are different religion, then there are different Gods is a big Niiil.. Only God knows which religion is the best, But i always tell people to live a good life.

God and religion are two different thing,
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by beejaay: 9:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
Efewestern:

Yea.. but that doesn't mean God doesn't exist... I don't do religious shiit... but i can Proclaim the existence of God any time any Day.. unlike you atheist who deny he exist.

Am a Christian thou, but i don't believe in poo easily, just living a Good life, Helping those around me and Asking God for Directions.. Such is life bro...

did u see how confused you sound??that is what an uncritical mind does to the brain smh wink wink tongue
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by Anas09: 10:02pm On Jun 01, 2016
johnydon22:

No i don't

Here is one of my replies here

" Atheism doesn't mean disbelief in supernatural, someone can believe in
supernatural and still disbelieve God(s).

Both are independent though i find it irrational... There is no supernatural, any
manifestation that occurs within the confines of nature however strange it may
seem or how ever elusive it may be to our understanding is still Nature …"

Anyway let's hear the said facts and hope it's still not the same stories of i saw and my mum saw a man shoot himself and didn't die type of stories.
Yea, this is that part we come across atheist who are also Satanists, it's coming out small small.
Now am seeing or hearing that being atheist doesn't mean disbelief in the supernatural. This is really new.
The Supernatural consists of spirits, whether good or bad spirits is not important now. So, if atheists believe in the supernatural, which of the spirits in the supernatural do they believe in or are incline to seek?
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by Anas09: 10:09pm On Jun 01, 2016
johnydon22:
I believe you read wrong in the bolded..

I said "No i don't " check my post again.

I rather stretched the independency of belief in supernatural and God(s) further stressing that anything within the confines of nature and manifests within the graphs of nature no matter how weird it is or unascertained is still NATURE.

so to me the word "supernatural" is irrational and paradoxical.

I knew it would arrive to this . . . Well shoot
So the supernatural is also nature? Pls explain that
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by Anas09: 10:21pm On Jun 01, 2016
johnydon22:
I believe you read wrong in the bolded..

I said "No i don't " check my post again.

I rather stretched the independency of belief in supernatural and God(s) further stressing that anything within the confines of nature and manifests within the graphs of nature no matter how weird it is or unascertained is still NATURE.

so to me the word "supernatural" is irrational and paradoxical.

I knew it would arrive to this . . . Well shoot
So, I essence you are saying God is seen or can be seen in nature right?
You used the "UNASCERTAINED", yet you have been pushing for us to prove God to you in all certain means without which he doesn't exist. But here you are ready to stretch your independency of belief to cover any thing which MANIFEST Itself in nature (albeit) supernatural to be nature. We are getting there.
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by davien(m): 10:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
Efewestern:

If it exists and you're so sure why not present it... you'd be the first to, no need to talk, you can tell it to prove itself... unless of course it's nonexistent..
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by Anas09: 10:35pm On Jun 01, 2016
beejaay:

Only a foolish god says in his heart that there I no other god

If u can get the sarcasm though!
Well are you referring to Allah? Becos it's Allah which claims it is the only god. Yahweh knows there are others gods, just that his followers shouldn't worship them. For those who worship those gods, he leaves them to their lot. So, except it's another god you are opening your smelling mouth to insult. Even the Holy angels do not insult demons, but you open your mouth to insult any God for that matter. May a demon reward you with a tooth ache.
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by Anas09: 10:37pm On Jun 01, 2016
beejaay:

You know this yet u are still following a religion...what does that make uthink about what you typed and u shall find wisdom
Your moniker shd ve been Veejaay. You think with your Anus? Read what he typed again.
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by Anas09: 10:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
otemanuduno:

Since I was born till now, I have never seen Atheists going up and down early in the morning disturbing us, or preaching THERE IS NO GOD inside public buses or obstructing people on the way and giving them paper of HELL IS REAL!!!

But religion with their disturbances is like Messi, Neymar and Suárez disturbing the opponents' 18. Now u're here telling us that ATHEISTS are disturbing you.

Well, I Otem have come to end RELIGION, especially Christianity. The kingdom of DOMINO REVERAD who created the world with a Big Bang has come, let Jesus Christ the son of Satan(Jehovah) pack his load and go.

Another loony on the lose.
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by Anas09: 10:47pm On Jun 01, 2016
sesaan:
grin God no dey joh.. Forget anything heaven or hell,, when u die u become humus plants feed on you for other animals to feed on the plants.. All this white men that brought u this religion have seriously enslaved u..

And Frederick Nietzsche, Richard Dawkins, Steven Hawkins, Charles Dawin and other father's of Atheists are all black men from Benin city right?

The god of this age has blinded the minds of the people, that though they see, that they may never come to understanding.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by Anas09: 10:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
cloudgoddess:

You see, there have been thousands of gods claimed by humans throughout history (some sources say around 4,000), each with its own supposed attributes & deeds. A Pagan god, Hindu god, or Shinto god does not share the same creation story, supposed appearance, relationship to humans, or personality traits, as the god described in the Jewish bible & the Christian religion specifically. Some people who believe in a god even say that "god" is simply the energy that drives nature.

With all the intelligence you claim, u cant grasp this? What happened really? Is it deliberate or imputed on you?
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by Anas09: 10:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
beejaay:

did u see how confused you sound??that is what an uncritical mind does to the brain smh wink wink tongue
A complete daft calling someone confused. Ahh. Smh
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by davien(m): 10:51pm On Jun 01, 2016
Anas09:

And Frederick Nietzsche, Richard Dawkins, Steven Hawkins, Charles Dawin and other father's of Atheists are all black men from Benin city right?

The god of this age has blinded the minds of the people, that though they see, that they may never come to understanding.
Atheism has no leaders nor dogma,so nice try... smiley
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by Anas09: 10:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
davien:
If it exists and you're so sure why not present it... you'd be the first to, no need to talk, you can tell it to prove itself... unless of course it's nonexistent..
Your moniker speaks for itself. That's exactly what Satan is. Like I said before, throw in another line, this one is rusty, Satan has been using it since Eden. Asking to prove something or else, it doesn't exist is Satan line, yet you deny him.
In your voice, I spot him.
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by davien(m): 10:59pm On Jun 01, 2016
Anas09:

Your moniker speaks for itself. That's exactly what Satan is. Like I said before, throw in another line, this one is rusty, Satan has been using it since Eden. Asking to prove something or else, it doesn't exist is Satan line, yet you deny him.
In your voice, I spot him.
So Satan that allegedly goes in and out of heaven to have a chat with god is an atheist? Are you okay? undecided
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 12:38am On Jun 02, 2016
frank317:

See ur life...? Bill gate came out and declared he is the initiator of Microsoft... when did ur God say he created the world?

So you can see how you have outrageously exposed your folly.

So you say Bill gates came out? How did you get to know that he came out, is it not because you read it in a newspaper. Or better still watched it on TV?
Is it not clearly recorded in the bible who the maker of the universe is?
Oh rather because there were no cameras to capture it then, so you wont believe it?
So also, your grandchildren will also deny that Bill Gates invented softwares when you tell them in the future maybe because they wont believe your evidence.

I hope you can see your folly.
Moreover, that chair you are sitting on while writing this, I guess the carpenter had to come out before you knew that it was made by a carpenter.
If so, then you are not intelligent to be honest.
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by davien(m): 12:42am On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

So you can see how you have outrageously exposed your folly.

So you say Bill gates came out? How did you get to know that he came out, is it not because you read it in a newspaper. Or better still watched it on TV?
Is it not clearly recorded in the bible who the maker of the universe is?
Oh rather because there were no cameras to capture it then, so you wont believe it?
So also, your grandchildren will also deny that Bill Gates invented softwares when you tell them in the future maybe because they wont believe your evidence.

I hope you can see your folly.
Moreover, that chair you are sitting on while writing this, I guess the carpenter had to come out before you knew that it was made by a carpenter.
If so, then you are not intelligent to be honest.
It's also "recorded" in the quran, baghavita, Talmud, etc all listing different god/gods for creating existence... undecided

How many TV stations or information outlets don't support Bill Gates right to Microsoft? grin

And a chair is a definitive term for a specific type of furniture carpenters make... Poor reasoning skills makes you think you made a point with that example. grin
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 12:45am On Jun 02, 2016
OgundeleT:

yes because the producer can come out and show us how he/she did it and from there we can conclude

you need to know what atheism mean before coming online to showcase ur ignorance about atheism. if something must come out from something and if god must be behind the universe then something must be behind ur god

I guess you are not even an atheist. Because if you are, you will realize that you are the one who is IGNORANT. Clearly, you dont even know the difference between an AGNOTIST and an ATHEIST. Hence pointing out ignorance when actually it resides in you.
Your last sentence shows you are an agnotist. Not even an atheist. Clearly you dont know. So allow those who know to educate you.

Seek knowledge and you will find.
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 12:49am On Jun 02, 2016
davien:
It's also "recorded" in the quran, baghavita, Talmud, etc all listing different god/gods for creating existence... undecided

How many TV stations or information outlets don't support Bill Gates right to Microsoft? grin

And a chair is a definitive term for a specific type of furniture carpenters make... Poor reasoning skills makes you think you made a point with that example. grin

At least there is the word "creation".

Records are faulty doesnt rule out evidence. Especially if there are multiple accounts. It points to a common factor - Creator.

Be wise
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 12:54am On Jun 02, 2016
davien:

Wow, so you even know that its carpenters that make chairs. Great cheesy

I can see u know the names of all the carpenters who have ever made the all the chairs you have ever sat on. Otherwise you assume they happened by chance. I see. Great cheesy
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by davien(m): 12:58am On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

At least there is the word "creation".

Records are faulty doesnt rule out evidence. Especially if there are multiple accounts. It points to a common factor - Creator.

Be wise
lols... What a dumb post. grin
Besides the fact that the so-called "multiple accounts" contradict each other right down to the tiniest detail,we should swallow the common denominator as fact? grin

Do you know before Africa was explored there were "multiple accounts" of black people being nothing but lowly animals, should we pick that as fact?

Or how about the "multiple accounts" of the earth being flat?

What about the "multiple accounts" that the sun is an egg?

Why don't you pick the "multiple accounts" of god being a female as fact?

Do you suddenly switch on your brain when it comes to those "accounts"? grin
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by davien(m): 1:01am On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

Wow, so you even know that its carpenters that make chairs. Great cheesy

I can see u know the names of all the carpenters who have ever made the all the chairs you have ever sat on. Otherwise you assume they happened by chance. I see. Great cheesy
It's pitiful that when your lot has nothing to say you start responding to a favourite strawman called "chance" cheesy
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 1:10am On Jun 02, 2016
davien:
lols... What a dumb post. grin
Besides the fact that the so-called "multiple accounts" contradict each other right down to the tiniest detail,we should swallow the common denominator as fact? grin

Do you know before Africa was explored there were "multiple accounts" of black people being nothing but lowly animals, should we pick that as fact?

Or how about the "multiple accounts" of the earth being flat?

What about the "multiple accounts" that the sun is an egg?

Why don't you pick the "multiple accounts" of god being a female as fact?

Do you suddenly switch on your brain when it comes to those "accounts"? grin

Simple question how old are your so called multiple accounts?
Clearly you dont even know that the concept of "time" itself only came to be not long ago.

Three blind men decribe an elephant. The one who touched the tail said its like a rope, the one who touched the leg said its like a tree, the one who touched the trunk said its like a wall.
The fact that they all didnt say the same thing, does that mean that there is NO elephant?
Common, you are more intelligent than that.

And unless you want to say you are not intelligent, have you ever seen anything that has a design or pattern that does not have a designer?
Please name three.
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by davien(m): 1:16am On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

Simple question how old are your so called multiple accounts?
Clearly you dont even know that the concept of "time" itself only came to be not long ago.

Three blind men decribe an elephant. The one who touched the tail said its like a rope, the one who touched the leg said its like a tree, the one who touched the trunk said its like a wall.

The fact that they all didnt say the same thing, does that mean that there is NO elephant?
Common, you are more intelligent than that.

And unless you want to say you are not intelligent, have you ever seen anything that has a design or pattern that does not have a designer?
Please name three.
Who knew it was an elephant if all the accounts described different things... undecided grin

Therein lies the full fledged ignorance of your analogies... all the accounts don't have the true picture... so how do you know the true picture when you're following sheepishly?

Being a skeptic let's you take a step back,examine all the claims and see if they carry any weight... which you're too foolish smart enough to do.. grin
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 1:22am On Jun 02, 2016
davien:
Who knew it was an elephant if all the accounts described different things... undecided grin

Therein lies the full fledged ignorance of your analogies... all the accounts don't have the true picture... so how do you know the true picture when you're following sheepishly?

Sorry by merely assuming that they may have experienced different parts of the elephant, an intelligent person can actually put it together. But in your prideful simpleness, you wont. So that you wont be defeated.
There it goes, picking the easy one. Lol

Moreover, So have u found any examples 3 things that have design and pattern and yet has no designer.
If u cant find, then sorry.
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by davien(m): 1:27am On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

Sorry by merely assuming that they may have experienced different parts of the elephant, an intelligent person can actually put it together.
But in your prideful simpleness, you wont. So that you wont be defeated.
There it goes, picking the easy one. Lol

Moreover, So have u found any examples 3 things that have design and pattern and yet has no designer.
If u cant find, then sorry.
So as an "intelligent person", you can say, a wall + a tree + a rope = Elephant grin It's good to know we have your kind in Nigeria.

Don't be sad lad, many are as ignorant as you are...

It's Tautology to say design therefore designer but what makes the difference is how you got to know in the first place.... So back to square one, is it another "multiple accounts"? grin

Don't fall victim to lazy thinking... smiley

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 1:30am On Jun 02, 2016
davien:
So as an "intelligent person", you can say, a wall + a tree + a rope = Elephant grin It's good to know we have your kind in Nigeria.

Don't be sad lad, many are as ignorant as you are...

It's Tautology to say design therefore designer but what makes the difference is how you got to know in the first place.... So back to square one, is it another "multiple accounts"? grin

Don't fall victim to lazy thinking... smiley

Sorry u still dodging the question, no distraction by talking about nigeria will hide it
Or u have finally agreed that the earth has a designer?
Because thats what u invariably mean?
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 1:33am On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

Sorry u still dodging the question, no distraction by talking about nigeria will hide it

Or u want to completely degrade yourself to ground zero by saying the earth has no design?
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by davien(m): 1:35am On Jun 02, 2016
felixomor:

Utter thrash.. grin

You've run out of analogies right? That I now have to agree on something before it becomes a fact.

You clearly believe the earth is designed can you tell us how you got to know that and by what/whom?

Or is this going to be another "I said it and you can't prove me wrong" marathon? grin
Re: The Foolishness Of Atheist by felixomor: 1:39am On Jun 02, 2016
davien:
Utter thrash.. grin

You've run out of analogies right? That I now have to agree on something before it becomes a fact.

You clearly believe the earth is designed can you tell us how you got to know that and by what/whom?

Or is this going to be another "I said it and you can't prove me wrong" marathon? grin

Simple question:
Does the earth have a design? Yes or No

Wow, even a nursery kid got this as a no brainer?
But all of a sudden adults cant answer. Wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do I Gain From The Christian Heaven? / Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) / If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.